*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> THE SAHARA DESERT.
SCENE> KALI, POWERSLAM, AND STATIC AWAKEN AND FIND THEMSELVES LYING IN THE DESERT SAND, NOWHERE NEAR THE CRATER. THEIR BODIES SEEM HEALED, THOUGH TWHERE THEIR MORE SERIOUS INJURIES WERE ARE STILL SORE. A MAN IS KNELT DOWN NOT FAR AWAY NEAR A MOTORCYCLE. HIS BACK IS TO THEM, AS HE SEEMS TO BE OCCUPIED WITH SOMETHING THEY CANNOT SEE.
<Static> ::Groans, trying to push himself to a sitting position and glancing around, disorientated:: Where the shock are we..?
<Kali> ::Opens her eyes and just stares out into the sand.:: Please... let this be a dream.
<Powerslam> ::opens his eyes with a slight yawn, rubs his face:: ugh ::looks around and sees Kali and Static:: please tell me this isn't the afterlife...
<Static> ::Glances around, wincing slightly at some of the soreness:: I feel alive enough..
ACTION> THE MAN DOESN'T SEEM TO BE RESPONDING AT ALL TO THEIR AWAKENING.
<Powerslam> ::sits up and moves his neck from side to side, wincing as it pops:: Eh... maybe we're not dead, then... this doesn't look like hell, and I doubt we'd go anywhere else...
<Static> ::Tries to push himself to his feet, glancing at the guy near the motorcycle:: Hey buddy..you know where we are?
<Kali> ::Sits up quietly and looks around.:: No, we're not dead...
<Man> The Sahara Desert. ::makes no attempt to turn to face them, or any physical gesture whatsoever::
<Kali> ::Looks over her shoulder.:: How did you find us, sir/
<Static> Sahara Desert? ::Scratches his head:: How the shock did we get here..? ::Glances around:: And where're the others..?
<Man> Followed the fireball falling from the sky and the explosion.
<Powerslam> ::stands and cracks his back:: I could've sworn I saw Poccy bite it... ::looks around::
<Kali> How were we healed...?
<Kali> Yes, Apocalypse was killed.
<Man> Through my help.
<Powerslam> ::eyes the Man:: And just who are you?
<Static> Yeah..Death..Archangel..killed him..::Looks towards the Man:: Who are you? ::Stumbles over towards him, still a little sore::
<Xi'an> ::stands, his back still turned:: My name is Xi'an Chi Xan.
<Kali> ::Stands up quietly.:: I suppose you know who we are if you helped...
<Powerslam> Aanndd... we should know that name why? Sorry, but we tend to travel a lot so we're not caught up on recent events
<Static> Xi'an, huh? Ethan Ferguson..Static works, too. I..guess, we should say thank you. ::Looks back at Kali and Slam:: What happened to the rest of the team..?
<Xi'an> Morlocks, yes. ::glances briefly at Powerslam:: You asked who I am, and that is your answer.
<Kali> How did you help kill him? ::Glances at Static.:: I think they're...
<Xi'an> The mutated cyborg disappeared into the desert. Your other friend is here. ::steps to the side, revealing that he has been working on Gally, who is not pretty much a head attached to a cobbled together mess of some of her internal components:: And I helped heal you. Death killed Apocalypse, not I.
ACTION> GALLY'S EYES OPEN AS HER CONSCIOUSNESS REACTIVATES.
<Kali> Oh... ::Looks a little embrassed.:: Why?
<Static> ::Winces at the sight:: Yikes..she looks worse than I feel..
<Xi'an> Do my reasons matter? Or did you wish to die out here?
<Gally> ::blinks and shuts off the damage readouts that immediatly obscure her vision:: ok... can someone fill me in on anything I missed?
<Powerslam> ::looks at Gally and makes a slight face:: Well... that's Xi'an and he's the reason you... we're still around.
<Xi'an> ::walks over to the motorcycle, taking a canteen from it and tossing it to Kali:: It's just water. All of you are thirsty.
<Static> I'm guessing the others are..::Scowls:: Shock..Damn Apocalypse..::Shakes his head::
<Powerslam> Aww shock... we have to take care of Death... and if he was able to kill Apocalypse... ::shakes his head slightly at the thought:: I'm pretty sure I took care of Pestilence... ::slight pause:: Predator
<Kali> Thank you... ::Opens the canteen taking a drink trying to be rational about it before giving it to Static.:: They... they'll be okay Ethan. We always end up that way.
<Xi'an> You were all fortunate that Death was not there to take you as well.
<Static> ::Takes the Canteen, taking a long swig:: Yeah..right..what about Dono? Or Death? They're not "Okay"..::Shakes his head, as he passes the canteen to Powerslam:: If the others are dead..we're just gonna have to live with it..
<Gally> I gave Famine many chances to just walk away... perhaps if I had not taken the time to do so... Xeno may still be with us
<Kali> Though you meant the 'team'.
<Kali> I use that for lack of a better word. ::Meekly.::
<Powerslam> ::takes canteen and takes a drink then goes to hand it to Gally and blinks slightly, looking from the outstretched canteen to Gally::
<Gally> ::blinks:: *sigh* I do use water as fuel for my power system
<Kali> But we ended up on our feet, always. ::She then turns to Xi'an.:: We were here when Death killed him... ::Pauses.:: Weren't we?
<Static> I do..If they ain't here with us..::Looks towards Xi'an:: Then they likely won't be..I'm just trying to be realistic, here..::Looks towards the others again, then Xi'an:: Any idea what we do, now?
<Powerslam> ::hands the canteen to Gally:: But can you actually withhold the water, now?
<Gally> for now... yes
<Xi'an> Yes. ::takes something else from the motorcycle, a small handheld cylinder shaped device:: Friends will come to pick you up soon. ::finishes the adjustment he was making to the device, tossing it over on the sand near them::
<Gally> I seem to have... fewer systems to operate ::smirk::
<Static> "Friends"? ::Looks towards Xi'an and crouches to pick up the device:: And what's this..?
<Kali> ::Sighs quietly, looking at the sky.:: ((If I had been realistic I wouldn't be better than any enemies we've fought...))
<Xi'an> ::climbs onto the motorcycle:: A beacon to bring them here.
<Static> Bring who? I mean..just who's coming? ::Eyes the device, looking for a button to activate it::
<Powerslam> Now we just wait and see who's friends're coming... hopefully one of them's a good mechanic ::glances to Gally::
<Xi'an> It's already activated. ::starts the motorcycle's engine:: If you do not trust me, then feel free to turn the beacon off and wander the desert until you die.
<Static> Well..no, it's not that I don't..I was just curious..::Shakes his head, then glances at Xi'an:: Not sticking around?
<Kali> I do not plan too. We're living for a reason, aren't we?
ACTION> STATIC GETS HIS ANSWER AS XI'AN SPEEDS AWAY FROM THEM ON HIS MOTORCYCLE. ONLY MORE DESERT SAND CAN BE SEEN IN THE DIRECTION THAT HE HEADS.
<Gally> it appears we now must wait... anyone know any good jokes?
<Static> Hunh..Weird guy. ::Watches Xi'an speed off and glances down, grimacing at the tattered remains of his costume:: Damn..musta burnt up my smokes in re-entry..
<Powerslam> Sure... why'd Apocalypse cross the road? ::snickers:: Give up? He didn't! He's too busy being dead!
<Kali> ::Sits down quietly but smiles.::
*******INTERLUDE*******
SCENE> MAKING A QUICK EVACUATION OF DOOM'S INSTALLATION BEFORE IT EXPLODED, THE HEROES ARE ON BOARD AN AIRCRAFT HEADING TOWARDS NORTH AMERICA WITH THE EXCEPTION OF STRANGE, CRUSADE, TRIPSTAR, THOR, FIREARM, AND GHOST RIDER, WHO DUCKED OUT THROUGH A PORTAL.
<December> Ugh! Wulff that is the LAST time I wanna hear one of your stupid jokes! That was disgusting! Ugh! Just keep your kibble-munching mouth shut for the rest of the trip! ::crosses her arms, sitting in the back of the jet with the rest of the X-Nation kids::
<LaLunatica> ::groans, hearing the kids in the back:: No children.. EVER. And what are we going to do about Doom now?
<Skullfire> What's to do, Luna? He may have evicted us with high explosives, but we have other problems right now.
ACTION> ONE OF THE CONSOLES IN THE COCKPIT WITH THEM ACTIVATES WITH A SERIES OF BEEPING TO GET THEIR ATTENTION.
<Cerebra> ::turns to the console:: We're receiving a transmission. A beacon.. The frequency is familiar somehow.. ::starts at the screen for a moment, her eyes going wide:: It's from.. Xi'an?
*******INTERLUDE END*******
LOCATION> IN EARTH ORBIT.
SCENE> FLOATING ADMIST THE THOUSANDS OF SHARDS OF CRYSTAL YET TO FALL INTO THE ATMOSPHERE IN THEIR SEALED SPACE SUITS, FLUX AND LANDSLIDE ARE SOMEWHAT AMAZED TO EVEN BE ALIVE, FOR AS LONG AS IT WILL LAST.
<Landslide> ::appears to be floating upside down from Flux's perspective:: Joto... does not know what to do.. Where are the others?
<Flux> ::shakes her head:: I have no idea Joto...
<Flux> ::tries to move around looking for anything::
<Landslide> ::blinks, pointing in a direction behind and above Flux:: Look!
<Flux> ::twists herself around to see what Joto is pointing at::
ACTION> OUTSIDE THE CLOUD OF CRYSTAL SHARDS THEY ARE IN, XENO CAN BE SEEN FLOATING LIMPLY IN HIS DAMAGE SUIT. THEY ARE UNABLE TO TELL IF HE IS EVEN ALIVE FROM THEIR VIEW OF HIM.
<Landslide> ::fumbles a bit trying to work his suits thrusters, heading towards Xeno::
<Flux> ::also tries to work the thrusters to move towards Xeno:: ((Please let him be okay..))
<Landslide> ::slows himself down as he nears Xeno, looking at him:: He does not look well.. Joto cannot tell though..
<Flux> ::cuts the thrusters and the moves toward Xeno and places her hand on her suit and tries to enter the suits system to see what's happening::
ACTION> UPON CLOSER INSPECTION, FLUX CAN SEE THAT XENO'S SUIT IS UNDERGOING A TOTAL SYSTEM FAILURE. SHE CAN'T SEEM TO ENTER THE SUIT'S COMPUTER BECAUSE OF IT. IF THE SUIT'S LIFE SUPPORT HASN'T GONE OFFLINE YET, THEN IT WILL SOON.
<Flux> ::takes a deep breath trying to calm herself:: We have to get some place safe, he won't make it otherwise.
<Landslide> ::blinks:: But.. we are in space
ACTION> BOTH OF THEM HEAR JAXION'S VOICE BEING PICKED UP BY THEIR SUITS, BUT ITS A BAD TRANSMISSION AND HE CANNOT BE UNDERSTOOD.
<Flux> Jaxion! ::desperately strains to hear what he says::
ACTION> JAXION CAN BE SEEN MANEUVERING OUT OF THE CRYSTAL SHARDS VIA HIS SUIT'S SMALL THRUSTERS. BEING PULLED ALONG WITH HIM IS AN INANIMATE STONE STATUE WITH THE EXACT LIKENESS OF SETH, AND IN A TORN UP SPACE SUIT.
<Flux> ::her face lights up for just a second when she sees Jax, but drops when she sees Seth::
<Jaxion> ::smacks the side of his helmet as he nears them, voice heard better:: Stupid shockin' piece of Primus trash.. There we go. Can you hear me now?
<Flux> ::smiles slightly:: Yeah, I can hear you... we're in big trouble though
<Landslide> What has happened to Seth? ::looks at the stone statue::
<Jaxion> Really, hadn't noticed. ::smirks and looks back at Seth:: His suit's all breached. So.. it was this or death.
<Jaxion> ::activates his thrusters and moves past them:: Follow me.
<Landslide> ::blinks, moving after Jaxion::
<Flux> What about Xeno?
<Jaxion> Pull him along!
<Flux> ::sighs grabs Xeno's arm and activates the thrusters and follows after Jax::
ACTION> ON THE PATH JAXION TAKES THEM, SOME SORT OF SPACECRAFT CAN BE SEEN CLOSER TO EARTH. THOUGH IT APPEARS INACTIVE AND UNMANNED.
<Jaxion> Stark-Fujikawa orbital skimmer. Used to manage space debris that we littered around out here. Haven't been used for decades though. I saw this when I was looking for you guys. ::heads for it::
<Flux> ::heads towards the spacecraft:: ((Things always seem to work out in some odd way don't they?))
<Jaxion> Now if we can just get it operational.. ::blinks:: Aw shock! I'm going to fast! ::tries to slow down, slamming against the hatch:: Ufh!
<Flux> ::slows down and approaches Jax:: Are you okay?
<Landslide> Ah! ::slows himself down before he crushed Jaxion::
<Jaxion> ::mumbles, annoyed:: Fine.. ::opens a panel and reaches inside, getting the hatch to open:: It'll take a minute for me to get the air system going. ::heads inside::
<Flux> ::follows after Jax dragging Xeno:: Just as long as the system starts before his life support cuts out
<Landslide> ::pushes Seth in ahead of him, then closes the hatch behind::
<Jaxion> Yeah, that would be a good plan. ::reaches into another opened panel up in the pilot area::
ACTION> THE ORBITAL SKIMMER POWERS UP. IN THE PROCESS, SOME OFF THE CONSOLES START TO SPARK AND A FEW SHORT CIRCUIT. AN ATMOSPHERE PRESSURIZES IN THE COMPARTMENT FOR THEM.
<Jaxion> ::touches a button on his collar and his helmet retracts:: Blech.. stale air.. Get Xeno out of that suit! ::puts a shell into his caster and heads over to Seth::
<Flux> ::retracts her own helmet and then tries to find a trigger to retract Xeno's suit::
ACTION> PIECES OF THE SUIT ARE PULLED OFF, EXPOSING XENO INSIDE. HOWEVER, HE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE BREATHING.
<Jaxion> ::aims the gun down at Seth, pulling the trigger::
ACTION> A BOLT OF ENERGY EXPLODES FROM THE BARREL OF JAXION'S CASTER GUN AND INTO SETH'S INANIMATE FORM. THE ENERGY CRACKLES AROUND HIM UNTIL HE IS FULLY REVERTED TO FLESH AND HE AWAKENS, A BIT OUT OF BREATH.
<Seth> ::shakes for a moment, breathing heavily:: -are you doing?! ::looks around:: I...am confused.
<Jaxion> But alive, so deal.
<Flux> ::yells out to Jax on the verge of panic:: I don't think he's breathing!
<Seth> ::sits up, and forces a weak smile:: I am guessing that I owe my life to you. Thank you. ::stands, looks around:: Apocalypse?
<Jaxion> Went to Earth.. the quick way. ::blinks, looking over to Flux:: What?! Check his pulse!
<Seth> ::turns to Flux:: ((Never a break...)) ::moves quickly over to Xeno and Flux::
<Seth> ::listens for heartbeat and breathing of Xeno::
<Flux> ::places two fingers on his throat trying to check for a pulse::
ACTION> HIS BODY IS STILL WARM, BUT HIS PULSE IS WEAK AND FADING.
<Jaxion> ::looks over to them from the piloting controls:: Try CPR.
<Flux> ::blinks:: but, I don't know CPR!
<Jaxion> Just tilt his head back and blow into his mouth! ::shields himself from a sparking console, trying to get the skimmer under control::
<Flux> ::looks at Xeno and takes a few deep breaths:: Okay, I can do this... ::takes Xeno's head and tilts it back takes one more deep breath and then pushes the air into his mouth::
<Jaxion> ::glances back at them, seeing her giving him CPR and looking forward again:: Ohhh shock.. ::stares out the window::
ACTION> THROUGH THE WINDOW, A LARGE CHUNK OF CRYSTAL CAN BE SEEN HEADING TOWARDS THE ORBITAL SKIMMER ON ITS DESCENT TO EARTH.
*******SIM END*******