*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> THE ATLANTEAN WAR COMMAND CENTER, SOMEWHERE IN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.
SCENE> A MERE FOOT OR TWO UNDER THE SURFACE OF THE OCEAN SITS THE BASE THROUGH WHICH ATTUMA COORDINATES THE ATLANTEAN WAR EFFORT. A LARGE ANTENNA CONSTRUCT STANDS OUT OF THE WATER, CONNECTED TO THE CENTER OF THE BASE'S ROOFTOP.
ACTION> THE CLOAK CONCEALING THE HEROES' JET DEACTIVATES, REVEALING ITS PRESENCE HOVERING ABOVE THE BASE. THE ATLANTEANS ARE IMMEDIATELY ALERTED AND SOLDIERS GATHER ON THE WATER COVERED ROOF OF THE BASE AS THE HEROES DROP FROM THE JET'S HATCH.
<LaLunatica> ::splashes down on the roof, the water level up to her knees:: MmmmMMmm.. Been a long time since I had good seafood. ::grabs two of the soldiers, crushing and tearing off vital components of their breathing apparatuses::
<Tripstar> ::flies down from the jet, careening into a few soldiers on the way down::
<Strange> ::flies above a group of Atlanteans, casting a spell which creates a localized whirlpool around them:: Going out with the tide, courtesy of your Sorceress Supreme!
<Firearm> ::jumps down:: ugh i hate the sea ::fires a blast at a soldier knocking it down::
<Skullfire> ::elbow drops onto one of the soldiers:: Ufh! ((Don't think it'd be a great idea to use my powers with all this water around..)) ::stands up, spitting out some water and lifting up the downed soldier's staff weapon::
<Firearm> ::charges arm to full power:: look out now ::blasts two soldiers into pieces::
<Tripstar> ::flares up and swings at the nearest soldier, his arm burning straight through the soldier's staff and landing a direct hit in the chest::
<Firearm> ::fires a small blast that breaks one of the soldiers breathing gear::
ACTION> MANY BLASTS OF ENERGY ARE FIRED UP IN THE AIR AT STRANGE AND TRIPSTAR, WHILE THE OTHER SOLDIERS ATTACK THE NON-FLYING HEROES MORE HAND TO HAND.
<Thor> ::kicks a soldier off his feet:: We're gonna have to make this quick before their reinforcements show up! ::turns quickly, hammering another soldier into the water that was coming at him from behind::
<Firearm> ::dodges a punch from one soldier then blasts it before getting hit in the back with a hook by another soldier::
<Skullfire> ::fires a couple of blasts from the staff at a few approaching guards:: Ugn! ::gets tackled from behind, splashing into the water on the roof::
<Tripstar> ::tries to dodge the blasts:: For sure, and fast! ::heads for the roof and tries to burn a hole to the inside::
ACTION> ONE OF THE ATLANTEANS BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS ERUPTS FROM THE OCEAN WATERS BESIDE THE BASE. ITS ENORNMOUS SQUID-LIKE FORM LASHES OUT AT SOME OF THE HEROES WITH TENTACLES. TRIPSTAR IS SMACKED AWAY FROM THE BASE BY ONE.
<Firearm> ::charges arm:: ah dammit ::fires a big blast towards one of the tentacles
<Firearm> ::
<Tripstar> Ugh! ::gets knocked off of the building and recovers in mid-air, hovering:: Shock, that thing packs a punch...
<Thor> ::ducks under one of the swiping tentacles:: Well.. reinforcements are here!
<Firearm> ::fires some more blasts at the charging soldiers knocking them down::
ACTION> FIREARM NOTICES THE SHADOW OF A FIGURE MOVING TOWARDS HIM FROM BEHIND.
<Firearm> what the..... :: staggers back::
<Tripstar> ::flies back to the roof, taking down a soldier and grabbing his staff, then superheating the staff and chucking it at the squid-like creature::
ACTION> A LARGE ATLANTEAN STANDS BEFORE FIREARM, APPARENTLY HAVING NO NEED OF ANY SURFACE BREATHING GEAR.
<Firearm> ok then ::charges arm:: how about this ::fires a moderate blast towards the atlantean::
<Roman> ::moves fater than Firearm, grabbing his cybernetic arm and pointing the blast away:: Enough of of this, surface rat. ::grabs Firearm by the throat with the other hand and forces him down under the water, holding him there::
<Firearm> ::starts kicking::
ACTION> THE STAFF STABS INTO ONE OF THE SQUID'S TENTACLESS, ENRAGING IT AND MAKIGN IT SWAT SKULLFIRE AND THOR AWAY.
<Tripstar> ::sees Skullfire and Thor get knocked aside:: Shock... ::turns to see Firearm held down:: What the... ::flies over and tries to grab Roman from behind, attempting to burn him a little to loosen his grip::
<Roman> ARH! ::releases Firearm, throwing his arms back and knocking Tripstar away from him::
<Firearm> ::jumps up and puts his arm to the romans chest and firing a quick blast::
<GhostRider> ::drops down from the jet on to of the squid, beams of energy blasting into it from his eyes:: Try me, next! You ratbiting goldfish from hell! ::rips his chainsaw into its main body::
<Tripstar> ::gets thrown back, landing with a splash in the water:: Ouch... ::gets up, rubbing his jaw:: Not bad... ::sees Ghostrider assault the squid then flies back to the roof to try to make an entrance again::
<Roman> Ufh! ::flies back and disappears into the water::
<Firearm> thanks tripstar
<Firearm> Ah ha take that sea dweller
ACTION> ANOTHER ATLANTEAN COMES OUT OF THE BASE, HOLDING A TRIDENT SWORD THROUGH WITH AN ENERGY BLAST IS PROJECTED, FORCING TRIPSTAR AWAY FROM HIS PATH.
<Attuma> ::clenches the sword in one hand:: Such a display of futility.
<Tripstar> No prob, F- ::swerves at the last second to avoid the blast::
<Firearm> ah. another one ::charges arm::
ACTION> THE SQUID SUDDENLY GOES LIMP AND FALLS.
<Cerebra> ::walks away from the squid, glancing down at Ghost Rider under it:: You looked as though you could use a hand.
<GhostRider> ::wrapped up in the tentacles, with the rest of the squid on top of him:: ...I was doing fine.
<Tripstar> ::corrects his path and flies past Attuma, attempting to blind him with a flash when he's in front of him::
<Attuma> ::glares at Firearm:: Surrender. I would like to make your execution public for to motivate my army. Ah! ::covers his eyes::
<Firearm> ::arm moderatly charged he sends a blast towards Attuma:: NEVER
<Firearm> ::charges arm alittle more and sends another blast to Attuma:: motivate this
<Attuma> ::quickly moves his sword, deflecting the blasts with it:: Very well. I will have your corpses paraded instead.
<Firearm> come get some
<Attuma> ::channels another blast through his sword, aimed at Firearm::
<Firearm> ::trys to jump away::
ACTION> THE BLAST NARROWLY MISSES FIREARM.
<Tripstar> ::lands near Attuma in the water, heating up at max level, trying to boil the water around Attuma::
<Attuma> ::yells out, not from the boiling water but from the steam being produced that clouds his vision::
<Firearm> ::falls to floor rolling in water::
<Firearm> ::gets up and fires a blast towards attuma while hes distracted by the steam::
<Tripstar> ::throws a punch at Attuma while he's distracted::
ACTION> THE PUNCH KNOCKS ATTUMA INTO THE BLAST, WHICH HURLS HIM BACK INTO THE ANTENNA. THE ANTENNA BUCKLES FROM THE IMPACT AND COLLAPSES DOWN ON HIM. THE WATER NEARBY BEGINS TO CHANGE COLOR, MIXING WITH HIS BLOOD.
<Firearm> whoa
<Tripstar> ::watches Attuma fly back into the antenna:: Shock, that's gotta hurt...
<Cerebra> ::looks down at the blood:: Their leader is dead now. We should leave, quickly.
<Firearm> ::salutes Tripstar:: nice team work
<Tripstar> ::nods to Firearm:: Same to you. ::to Cerebra:: Good idea... let's get out of here.
*******MEANWHILE*******
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS STOLEN SHUTTLE HAS JUST REACHED EARTH'S ORBIT, AMDIST THE COUNTLESS ARTIFICAL SATELLITE. THE SHUTTLE HAS POWERED MOST OF ITS SYSTEMS DOWN AND SETTLED INTO AN ORBIT, COINCIDING WITH APOCALYPSE'S CRYSTAL SATELLITE WHICH IS IN VIEW FROM THE WINDOWS.
<Gally> ::looks out the window at the earth below... humming a faint tune to herself::
<Xeno> ::sits silent, in his armour, ready for anything::
<Static> ::Stands in his seat, pulling his mask down over his face:: Let's get this shockin' over with..
<Jaxion> ::unbuckles from his seat and floats towards the back of the shuttle:: We can't go barging in there just yet
<Jaxion> Let's see.. ::opens one of the compartments in the back::
<Static> ::Mutters something about zero-G and floats:: I hate this..can't we turn on the shocking gravity?
<Flux> ::floats in the air:: It's not too bad
<Jaxion> The less power we use.. the less chance we'll be detected early. ::starts pulling helmetless space suits out of the compartment, letting them float towards the others::
<Gally> ::stares out the window oblivious to the conversation:: ((so pretty from up here...))
<Xeno> does the energy include my suits energy?
<Flux> ::picks up a space suit as it floats by her::
<Jaxion> Seeing as how we're still alive, guess not. ::slips into one of the suits::
<Xeno> ::floats to his feet::
<Jaxion> ::buckles and zips the suit, accidently spinning himself backwards and hitting his head:: Ow!
<Flux> ::tries to get into the space suit having a little difficulty since it's hard to stay in one place::
<Static> Yeah, yeah..if I throw up at Blue's feet, it's your fault, though..::Mutters and moves to get into the spacesuit, trying to keep his stomach down::
<Xeno> ::waits for others to finish their hard time getiin into the suits::
<Gally> ::blinks and notices what's going on... looks at Jaxion:: can you pass me the com unit out of one of those suits?
<Jaxion> The helmets are compacted into these collars.. hit the switch and it will form around your head when you need it. ::searches through some of the other compartments:: Yeah sure.. Lemme find one a loose one here..
<Flux> ::final finishes getting into her suit:: This would have been a lot easier with gravity on...
<Xeno> and i need the frequency for the radio signal
<Jaxion> ::finds one and sends it in Gally's direction, then pushes one of the buttons on his suit:: Start scanning, Xeno.. should hear the beeping once you're on it.
<Static> ::Fits into it, making sure his trenchcoat fits and puts it on, muttering:: Bad enough I've lost about 10 of these since I joined the team..Cigs are expensive enough without needing to by new jackets..
<Xeno> ::starts scanning the frequencies::
ACTION> XENO'S SUIT HOMES IN ON THE RIGHT FREQUENCY.
<Gally> ::grabs the com unit and afixes it to her arm as a small panel opens on her neck revealing several connectors... into one of those she plugs the com unit::
<Xeno> ::sets the frequency:: got it
<Jaxion> ::floats back to the front seat:: Let's see.. Don't think there's any way to dock with the satellite over there so..
<Static> ..::Groans:: Don't tell me..we gotta go in space to get there?
<Flux> So what do we do then?
<Jaxion> I was thinking a little more directly..
<Flux> ::sighs:: ((how did I know we were going outside?))
<Static> ..::Sends a glance around the shuttle, scowling:: ..Whatever we do..don't suppose this ship has any of those little barf bags around here? ..I might need it, if we stay in Zero-G, all that much longer..
<Jaxion> ::starts prepping the shuttle's engines:: We either get inside.. or Apocalypse has to scrape us off the side of his new home.
<Static> ...You're kidding me. ::Grumbles:: I thought we were trying to avoid detection, not make ourselves a Morlock pancake?
<Gally> ::blinks:: Jaxion... you're crazy... which means this is either going to work or get us killed... I'm impressed ::smirk::
<Flux> Can we just get this over with please?
<Jaxion> Hey.. There's no way to get in there without detection. No doors on that thing. Hard and fast is the only way to get in without being stopped.. unless that's more solid than I'm hoping it is.
<Gally> to quote an old movie... "Ok Gene let's light this candle"
<Static> ::Sighs:: Yeah, yeah..I'm good to go..::Moves to get back in his seat:: Can we at least turn gravity on, before we do this?
<Jaxion> What's the point? In 3 seconds you're either gonna feel a lot worse or nothing at all. ::hits the activation switch::
<Gally> ::looks at Static:: go put your feet on the back bulkhead... when the engines fire you can have all of the gravity you want ::smirk::
<Xeno> ::holds on damn well::
<Static> ::Mutters, under his breath:: Hey..it'd be 3 seconds of feeling pleasant..::Holds onto his seat::
ACTION> THE SHUTTLE'S ENGINE'S FIRE UP AND THE WHOLE THING ROCKETS TOWARDS THE SIDE OF APOCALYPSE'S SATELLITE.
*******SIM END*******