*******PROLOGUE*******
LOCATION> SOMEWHERE IN MEXICO.
SCENE> TWO GROUPS OF WAVE SPIDER HUNTERS HAVE MERGED TOGETHER WHILE TRACKING ANOTHER SWARM, AND ARE NOW FINISHING UP EXTERMINATING THE LAST OF THEM.
<GhostRider> ::speeds head on towards a grounded Wave Spider on his bike, eyes glowing red:: Shockin' eight-legged pusbags! ::chainsaw juts out from the top of his wrist, ripping the Wave Spider right in half::
<Firearm> ::aims armblaster at spider:: so sorry ::charges blaster moderatley then fires at it::
<Tripstar> ::maneuvers through the air in a white hot blaze, circling a flying spider closely and turning it into ash::
<Metalsmith> ::looks around for a Wave Spider in a good position to take out with his powers:: Hmm.. AH! ::falls forward into the ground as a Wave Spider slams into him from behind::
<Firearm> ::jumps back and fires another blast with the same magnatude at another spider::
<Skullfire> ::whips around quickly, hearing Metalsmith's outcry:: Youre covered, kid! ::releases a green burst of energy from his fists, toasting the Wave Spider::
<Strange> ::floats up into the sky, dropping down on the back of a flying Wave Spider:: Mmm.. Time to rock. ::hands glow against its back, turning the spider to stone and letting it shatter on the ground::
<Thor> ::sends his skybike hurtling at one of them, leaping off and letting it crush it into a pile of rubble:: Aww shock! ::falls from the sky::
<LaLunatica> ::leaps off a pile of rubble and catches Thor:: Ufh! You're a large one. ::gives him a sly look before putting him down and heading towards the others::
<Firearm> ::runs towards another spider blowing it to smithereans with an extreme blast from his hand:: ugh....too easy
ACTION> FIREARM IS SPLATTERED A LITTLE WITH WAVE SPIDER GUTS. BUT THAT WAS THE LAST OF THEM.
<Firearm> eww. ugh ::starts wiping guts off him:: ((how disgusting))
<Skullfire> ::takes a look around to make sure that all the spiders have been taken care of:: Another swarm taken care of.
<Firearm> let me make sure ::scans with infra red vision to look for more spiders::
ACTION> FIREARM'S SCAN OF THE AREA DOESN'T DETECT ANY LIVING SPIDERS. SUDDENLY, A SONIC BOOM ANNOUNCES THE PRESENCE OF A RATHER ADVANCED LOOKING AIRCRAFT HOVERING IN THE AIR ABOVE THEM.
<Firearm> ::looks up:: huh?
<Thor> ::flinches at the boom and looks up:: Little late for help to arrive!
ACTION> THE DOOR SLIDES OPEN ON THE UNDERSIDE OF THE AIRCRAFT, AND A FEW TEENAGERS LOOK DOWN AT THE GROUP AS WELL AS ONE DARK-HAIRED WOMAN.
<Skullfire> ::squint, looking up at the faces and focusing on the woman:: Cerebra!?
<Metalsmith> ::scrambles to his feet, recognizing the teenagers in the jet as his friends from X-Nation:: Guys! Where the shock have you been?!
<Firearm> hey
<Skullfire> ::glances over at Firearm:: It's all right, they're friends
<Firearm> ok
<Cerebra> We've managed to acquire the means to set up an assault against Apocalypse. If all of you are interested. ::looks down at them from the jet::
<December> Yeah! All aboard, guys! ::grins, waving her arms down at them:: We're rallyin' the troops to shock it to Apoca-glitch!
<Firearm> Apocalypse!.. ::looks down in dispare for a minute:: lets go
ACTION> THE HEROES THAT CAN FLY HEAD INTO THE JET. A DARK HAIRED GIRL FLOATS DOWN FROM THE JET, GATHERING THE REST NEAR HER AND FLOATING BACK UP INTO THE AIRCRAFT WITH THEM.
*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> SOMEWHERE BENEATH LONDON, ENGLAND.
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS BEGIN TO AWAKEN WITH SLIGHT HEADACHES. THEY FIND THEMSELVES IN A LARGE UNDERGROUND ROOM. IN THEIR COMPANY IS THE MAN THAT SOME RECOGNIZE AS THE BLACK KNIGHT, WITH GALLY WHO SEEMS TO HAVE ALREADY AWAKENED.
<BlackKnight> ::moves his gaze from Gally to the awakening Morlocks:: Sorry for the rough treatment. We didn't want take too much of a risk in bringing you here.
<Xeno> ::gets up and looks around:: ah, remind me not to do that again
<Landslide> ::comes to slowly:: Ugh.. what happened?
<Gally> understandable... compared with recent events it was the red carpet treatment
<Static> ::Grunts, putting a hand to his head:: Damn..why do I have a hangove-..::Slowly opens his eyes, looking around:: Oh yeah..now I remember..::Slowly gets to his feet, grimacing::
<Kali> ::Sits up quietly and wipes her mouth, glancing around.:: Every time I drove none of us ended up halfway dead. ::Looks at Black Knight.:: Sir? May I ask who you are?
<Jaxion> Mmm.. ::rubs the side of his head, sitting up:: Some kind of neural grenades..
<Powerslam> ::yawns slightly then blinks his eyes open:: ((That wasn't that bad...)) ::sits up then puts his hand to his head:: shock... ((shouldn't have gotten up..))
<Static> Joy..::Blinks his eyes a few times:: Damn..I need a drink..
<Landslide> ::looks around him, slightly drowzy::
<BlackKnight> I'm the current leader of the resistance. Names Patrick.. Sometimes called the Black Knight. Your friend here told me your plans to go into orbit after Apocalypse. ::motions to Gally::
<Kali> Yes, well... we hope to do so. ::Weak smile.:: And we could use a little help if you're able to offer it...
<Static> Oh good. ::Eyes BK for a minute:: So..you helpin' or what?
<BlackKnight> ::nods:: We'll do what we can. There is a launch site not far from here that has already been set up for a launch. That should be suitable for what you want.
<Firearm> <<sorry gtg night everyone>>
<BlackKnight> You people are aware that this is likely a suicide mission, right?
<Static> Great..::Glances around:: Hey..Pat..you happen to know anywhere around here, where a guy can get some smokes and a drink?
<Xeno> yea, but if we wont do it, who else will try?
<Static> ::Nods, smirking:: That's why I want to know where I can get smokes and a drink.
<Powerslam> And what corp is "helping" to fund this trip? ::snickers slightly::
<Kali> ... ::Meerly nods.:: Living here with Apocalypse as our leader is suicide for the soul.
<Gally> as bad as the mega corperations have been... Apocalypse if by far worse
<Landslide> ::frowns to himself hearing BK's words:: ((Joto never imagined something like this..))
<BlackKnight> ::smirks:: Primus of course. I'll need a few hours to organize a mission to get you guys in there. Until.. well.. Enjoy your last hours on Earth. ::looks at Static:: Guy named Rory has set up a little bar out there, you'll see it.
<BlackKnight> Oh.. but avoid the water. Pestilence visited England not long ago and released some kind of plague into the water. Lot of my people have been rendered bedsick by it.
<Static> Thanks. ::Grins:: And don't worry..water's the last thing I intend to drink..::Smirks and moves to leave the room::
<Kali> Do they need help? ::Stands up.:: I really can't do much, but maybe a fresh face and words of hope could help...
<Gally> ((Primus... it's been a long time since I've confronted Ravers... I hope they are ready to meet their end)) ::smirks very slightly::
<BlackKnight> I suppose they could profit from seeing a pretty face.
<Powerslam> ::gets to his feet and looks around at everybody, raising a brow at BK's comment to Kali::
<Landslide> ::remains sitting on the floor just kinda in his own void::
ACTION> OUTSIDE THE ROOM, STATIC SEES AN ENORNMOUS UNDERGROUND CAVERN. MAKESHIFT HOMES AND STRUCTURES ARE ALL AROUND, AS ARE PEOPLE. HE SPOTS THE BAR THAT THE BLACK KNIGHT MENTIONED, WITH A FEW PEOPLE SITTING AT IT.
<Kali> Err.. thank you. ::Blushes looking embarassed.:: I'd rather offer them a cure however or comfert from their sickness, however.
<Xeno> ::walks out of the room and looks around::
<Jaxion> ::stands up, grabbing the red case containing his caster and ammunition:: I'll be back soon to work out the mission.. ::nods to BK and walks out of the room::
<Static> ::Smirks:: Shockin' terrific..::Takes his mask off, sliding on a beaten up pair of shades and heading over towards the bar::
<Powerslam> ::shrugs then follows everybody out of the room, wondering what to do with his free time since he's not used to having any::
<Kali> Where are these people?
<Rory> ::looks up at Static from behind the bar as he approaches:: You look new 'ere. Care for a drink?
<Gally> ::follows behind the others:: ((not much I can do... wonder if anyone has some paper...))
<BlackKnight> ::walks over to the doorway, pointing towards a wide tent structure:: Over there
<Static> ::Smirks:: Definitely. You happen to know where a guy can get cigs around here, too?
<Powerslam> ::heads over to the bar, straightening out his clothes and hair slightly:: ((I could go for a nice shower...))
<Kali> Those poor things... ::sighs and heads over slowly to the tent, softly pushing aside the tent flap.::
<Xeno> ::walks towards hte bar after deciding::
<Landslide> ::gets to his feet and then takes a quick look around::
<Rory> ::pours him a drink, then reaches under the bar and pulls out a half-filled pack of cigarettes:: Freshly "liberated" from Primus the other day. ::smirks::
ACTION> KALI SEES DOZENS OF ROWS OF BED-COTS. EACH IS OCCUPIED BY A SICK PERSON.
<Static> heh. ::Takes a sip of the drink and a cigarette from the pack:: You're a lifesaver, pal. I been dying for a smoke, for weeks.
<Powerslam> ::walks up to the bar, overacting on purpose:: Has any of you seen a strange looking man around here? Wears a mask, answers to Static... ::looks at Static:: he's about your height... ::tries not to snicker::
<Gally> ::looks around... kind of lost::
<Xeno> ::sits down at the bar, on the other end of the bar from static::
<Kali> ::Gasps softly and walks over to one person.:: Hello there..
<Static> ::Smirks:: Haven't seen 'im.
<Rory> ::pours another drink and hands it over to Xeno::
<Xeno> thanks ::drinks it, in one gulp and puts down the glass::
<Powerslam> Ah well... I was gonna tell him that a great looking blonde was looking for him... ::shrugs:: oh well... ::sits at the bar:: his loss... he's probably trying to find a place to iron his mask
<Gally> ::wanders around totally aimless just observing people::
<Rory> ::empties the bottle he has into a glass for Powerslam and tosses the bottle away::
<Kali> ::Tentively check's the person's forhead for a tempture.:: How are you doing? Can I help in anyway?
ACTION> THE PERSON IN THE BED GROANS, LOOKING UP AT KALI GROGGILY WITH A SLIGHT SMILE. AT THE BAR, A YOUNG BRUNETTE WOMAN INTERESTED BY THE NEWCOMERS TAKES A SEAT BY POWERSLAM.
<Static> heh. He wishes. At the moment, I'm sure he's thinking of getting really shockin' drunk. ::Smirks:: And call me Ethan, already. ::Mutters under his breath:: We're all prob'ly gonna die tomorrow, anyways.
<Powerslam> ::takes the glass then looks at Rory:: I hope you know I can't pay for this... I left my credchip in my limo, you see... ::chuckles and takes a drink::
<Rory> No problem. ::takes note of Static's comment and smirks:: The dead drink for free at Rory's place 'ere
<Xeno> well Rory, ill pay for mine, dead have no use for money, do they?
<Kali> ::Gives a small smile in return.:: I do mean it. I'm not a healer but I just want to help.
<Rory> I like your logic! ::snickers to himself, grabbing another bottle from the shelf and opening it::
<Static> ::Smirks:: Man, if that's true..it's too bad I didn't hear about your place, sooner..I'd be here all the time..::Snickers and sends a brief glance at the woman that sits next to Powerslam::
<Gally> ::looks intently at what looks like a pile of junk::
<Powerslam> ::glances at the brunette then Rory:: Are the dead allowed to buy drinks for the lovely natives? I might just have a spare credchip somewhere after all...
<Xeno> ::takes out his credchip and hands it to Rory:: take whatever i drink, and he does ::motions to powerslam:: from there
<Rory> Wow ::looks at the card:: Horizon issued. Boys sure aren't from around here.
<Alice> ::smiles, taking a drink from Rory:: Thanks.. ::glances at Powerslam:: Nice to see some new faces around here..
<Xeno> yea, guess were not, and fill er up ::motions to his mug::
<Kali> ::Sighs and smiles, squeezing the man's hand as she walks down the row of beds, seeing if anyone needs her help.:: ((I can't believe.. Don't want to think this is it. Who have I helped?))
<Kali> ((No one, no one really.))
ACTION> KALI SEES MORE LIKE THE MAN SHE WAS JUST WITH. GROGGY, BARELY CONSCIOUS. ALL SUFFERED FROM PESTILENCE'S PLAGUE.
<Gally> ::stares at the pile:: ((like staring at a graveyard... facinating... and terrifying at the same time))
<Kali> ::Tries to speak to as many as possible, trying to give encourging words to them.::
<Powerslam> ::takes a small drink then looks at Alice with a slight smile:: We're just passing through, unfortunately... heading into space pretty soon.
<Alice> Yeah, I've heard that line before. ::smirk::
<Static`> ::Smiles, nodding to the woman:: He's Kevin Marko..I'm Ethan Ferguson. Nice to see some a pretty one around here. ::Nudges Slam, sending a look at him:: ((Man..heh..He better not blow this one.))
<Static`> <<*Kicks the some out of there* heh heh.>>
<Xeno> ::drinks his drink, staying quiet, with a blank look on his face:: ((who else will really miss me?))
<Kali> ::Touches one's forhead and sighs.:: ((I know by fighting him I'll help out so much more. God, I wish I could heal or bring hope to someone.)) ::She moves on to see the next person.::
<Powerslam> ::smirks slightly at Static's comment:: Please excuse my friend here... it's just that we don't usually see such beauty when we travel, so I think he's gotten over-anxious again.
ACTION> A MAN GRABS KALI'S WRIST AS SHE MOVES BY.
<Man> ::coughs, looking up at her:: you're an angel right..? we'll be better soon.. won't we..?
<Static`> ::Shoots a brief look at Slam:: ((Heyy..now that's just not right..)) ::Shakes his head and lights up the cigarette::
<Alice> ::blushes a little:: hehe.. Thanks, I think..
<Kali> ::Blinks at the mention of angel them smiles softly.:: You'll be comfertable very soon, I promise. ::Squeezes the man's hand.::
*******INTERLUDE*******
LOCATION> APOCALYPSE'S ORBITTING SATELLITE.
SCENE> PESTILENCE WANDERS DOWN A CORRIDOR, BIDING HER TIME UNTIL CALLED UPON BY APOCALYPSE AGAIN.
<Pestilence> ::ambles along aimlessly, stir-crazy from being cooped up in the satellite::
ACTION> A DOORWAY FURTHER DOWN THE CORRIDOR CATCHES HER ATTENTION.
<Pestilence> ::cocks her head slightly, hesitating:: Hrrn? ::pads over to the doorway and studies it for some sign of where it leads::
ACTION> THROUGH THE OPEN DOORWAY, SHE SEES A GHASTLY LOOKING ROOM. ALMOST EVERY INCH IS STAINED IN BLOOD, WITH SHATTERED CAGES AND TABLES RESEMBLING A TORTURE CHAMBER. THERE IS SOMETHING FAMILIAR HERE. SOMETHING THAT CHILLS HER, DRIVING HAIRS TO STAND ON END.
<Pestilence> ::eyes narrow a little, pupils dilating as she sniffs the air and slowly enters::
<Pestilence> ::low growl as she steps further into the room, circling the shattered cage warily::
ACTION> REPRESSED MEMORIES FLASH IN HER MIND. CONFINED ANF CRAMPED WITHIN THE SAME CAGE. BEING CONTINUOUSLY BOMBARDED FROM OUTSIDE THE CAGE WITH BARBARIC SYRINGES INJECTING TOXINS INTO HER BODY, SETTING HER INSIDES ON FIRE.
<Pestilence> ::hisses sharply, skittering backwards until she bumps into a table::
ACTION> SHE CAN SEE THAT THE CAGE AND THE AREA AROUND IT IS STAINED WITH BLOOD. BUT IT WAS NOT HER BLOOD THAT WAS SPILLED. THE INJECTIONS. THE LACK OF SLEEP. SHE BEGAN LASHING OUT AT EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING. EVEN THE INNOCENT PEOPLE FORCED INTO THE CAGE WITH HER.
<Pestilence> ...::stares at the stained flooring in faint distaste, withdrawing her hand from where it touched a patch::
<Pestilence> ::shivers and stares around the room, seeing phantom faces of terrified people in the shadows::
ACTION> SHE REMEMBERS THAT SHE WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE KEPT IN THIS ROOM. VISIONS FORM IN HER MIND OF A MAN STAGGERING RANDOMLY AROUND THE ROOM. DECAYING BOTH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY BEFORE HER EYES AS HIS BODY THINS TO INHUMAN EXTENTS AND NONSENSE STAMMERS OUT FROM HIS MOUTH. HUNGER DRIVING HIM MAD, GNAWING ON HIS OWN BODY AT TIMES.
<Pestilence> ::closes her eyes tightly:: ((what... what is this...)) ::shakes her head roughly and pulls herself upright, bracing slightly against the table::
<Pestilence> ::snarls under her breath, looking for something to destroy, to get rid of the unsettling sensations::
<Pestilence> ::cold shudder runs down her spine and she whirls, backing away from the table, hair nearly standing on end::
ACTION> ANOTHER MAN WAS PRESENT, MADE OF METAL AND BOUND TO THAT TABLE. HIS BODY BEING MUTILATED BY INTENSE FLAMES, BRUTAL FORGING HIM INTO ANOTHER MONSTER. SHE REMEMBERS PAINFULLY FEELING THE HEAT FROM HER CAGE ACROSS THE ROOM, MAKING THE PAIN THAT MUST HAVE BEEN FELT IN THE HEART OF THE BLAZE UNIMAGINABLE.
<Pestilence> ::involuntarily rubs at her arms where the heat had scorched her:: ((this place... is wrong..))
ACTION> AN OUTCRY OF PURE PAIN SEEMS TO ECHO IN THE ROOM WITH HER, HAUNTINGLY FAMILIAR.
<Pestilence> ::eyes widened, jerks slightly and looks around the room hurriedly, not sure if she's hearing actual noises::
ACTION> SHE IS STILL ALONE, NOW REALIZING THAT IT WAS JUST ANOTHER MEMORY. SHE COULD NOT SEE HIM FROM HER CAGE, BUT SHE COULD HEAR HIM. HIS SCREAMS WERE HORRIFYING AND NEVER STOPPED. MADDENING AS WELL, BECAUSE SHE DID NOT KNOW WHAT WAS INFLICTING SUCH INHUMAN AGONY ON THE MAN WHO WOULD BECOME DEATH.
<Pestilence> ::uneasily shifting from foot to foot, unable to stay still for more than a moment in this place::
<Ozymandias> ::stands behind her, his voice alerting her to his presence:: Your presence is required by our high lord.
<Pestilence> ::eyelids droop slightly, as her shoulders relax and she glances back boredly:: 'bout time.
*******INTERLUDE END*******
SCENE> POWERSLAM SITS ON THE FOOT OF A BED IN ONE OF THE MAKESHIFT HOMES. HIS FEW HOURS ARE UP AND ITS TIME TO MEET THE OTHERS BACK IN ROOM THEY WERE ORIGINALLY IN FOR THE MISSION. SO HE'S PUTTING HIS CLOTHES BACK ON AS ALICE LAYS ASLEEP IN THE BED BEHIND HIM.
<Powerslam> ::slips his pants on and buttons them before picking up his shirt to put it on:: ((Now that I'm relaxed and loose... time to go...))
<Alice> ::awakens slightly, seeing Powerslam on his way out:: mm.. good luck, Kevin..
<Powerslam> ::puts on his shoes:: Thanks... and if we survive this, I'll be back to buy you another drink.
<Alice> You better.. ::smiles::
<Powerslam> ::smiles back then heads to the door:: Don't worry, I make good on my promises... ::opens the door, pausing to look at her for a little bit more before leaving::
ACTION> MOMENTS LATER, POWERSLAM ENTERS THE ROOM AND FINDS THE REST OF THE MORLOCKS ALREADY THERE WITH THE BLACK KNIGHT.
<Kali> ::Sits quietly, looking sad but peaceful.::
<Jaxion> ::adjusts the holster strapped to his leg holding his caster gun, glancing up as Powerslam enters::
<Static`> ::Smirks:: What'd you do, Slam? Sleep in? ::Takes a puff of a cigarette::
<Xeno> ::leans back against the wall, emotionless::
<Gally> ::looks distractedly as powerslam enters::
<Powerslam> ::looks around:: So what's the plan? ::shoots Static a slight look:: I... enjoyed my free time...
<Static`> ::Grins like a madman:: Oh, I'll bet..::Snickers::
<BlackKnight> ::notes that everyone's present now:: I've confirmed that the Primus site is ready for launch, which will take place sometime in the next few hours. So that means, for the next few ours there's a spacecraft just sitting out there ready for you to use. I can only spare one man to get you into there though.
<Kali> ::Glances at the two then back at BK.:: One is too much already, but thank you.
<Static`> S'fine with me, Knight. Got my cigs, have a bit of alcohol in me. I'm good to go. Let's go get ourselves killed already. ::Grins, blowing out smoke, from his cigarette::
<Kali> ((Oh god.. they're drunk. We're dead for sure.)) ::Burries her face in her hands.::
<BlackKnight> He'll lead you in there and keep anyone from halting your launch. Hrm.. ::looks at Gally for a moment::
<Gally> ::notices the look and turns to look at the Black Knight:: yes?
<BlackKnight> I know the F33 models' history, so I'm going to ask you to keep an open mind about this.
<Static`> Hmm? What's up? ::Looks from Knight to Gally::
<Gally> ::raises an eyebrow:: ((he knows what I am?))
<BlackKnight> ::clears his throat and looks back at the door:: Come on in.
<Powerslam> ::stretches slightly, waiting then looks over at Static:: What happened with you and that blonde woman?
ACTION> A MAN ENTERS THE ROOM. MORE SPECIFICALLY, THIS MAN LOOKS ALMOST EXACTLY LIKE A RAVER. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT HE WEARS NO MASK AND HIS FACE IS BRANDED WITH THE NUMBER "1" ON IT.
<Gally> ::eyes go wide:: great... a shocking raver...
<Kali> Raver?
<Static`> heh. What blonde woman? ::Inhales on the cig:: You keep tellin' me 'bout this blonde woman..never ran a single blon-..::Almost drops his cigarette, taking it out of his mouth with his hand:: Uh..Hey wait a minute..::Looks from Knight to Raver:: Weren't you two fighting the last time I saw you? ::Blinks slightly::
<BlackKnight> That turned out to be a... misunderstanding on my part. He works for the the resistance now, and is the best man we have so you're in good hands.
<Kali> ::Glances up at Static then to the raver.:: Oh yes, I remember now. God, it's been so long... ::shakes her head.::
<Xeno> ::still leans against the wall, not having moved much since he got there::
<Static`> ::Eyes RP for a minute, then nods:: Great. Should be a shockin' blast. ::Smirks::
<Powerslam> ::looks at BK and the Raver:: Won't it be risky to send your best guy along with? What happens if you lose him?
<Gally> ((it's not attacking... that's odd enough for a raver... there is something... odd... about this raver)) *sigh* I think I can deal with it
<BlackKnight> You won't make it through with anyone else. He'll survive. Far as we've been able to tell, he's been surviving for almost a hundred years. We won't lose him now.
<Kali> We better get going...
<BlackKnight> ::nods:: He'll take you through the tunnels to the launch site. Good luck. I hope you make it back.
<Xeno> ::stands up straight and cracks his neck::
<Kali> I thank you... ::Turns, ready to follow the raver.::
<Gally> ::stands up:: let's go end this... one way or another
<Powerslam> I think we all agree with you
<Static`> ::Smirks, nodding at Knight:: Hey..I'm too stubborn to die..and I got things I still gotta take care of. So we'll see you around, Knight. ::Looks in the direction of the Raver::
*******SIM END*******