******PROLOGUE*******
LOCATION> THE FORGE.
SCENE> THE CARETAKER, WHO HAS BEEN REVEALED TO BE FORGE OF THE TWENCEN X-MEN, STANDS ALONE IN A ROOM. A GLOW MIST SWIRLS AROUND HIM IN THE ROOM, TAKING VARIOUS FORMS SUCH AS MEMBERS OF THE X-MEN, THE MORLOCKS, AND APOCALYPSE.
<Caretaker> ::gazes into the mists, almost entranced::
ACTION> THE MISTS SWIRL INTO ONE FINAL IMAGE, FAINTLY RECOGNIZED AS A TERROR STRICKEN FACE BEFORE THE MIST ABRUPTLY DISIPATES.
<Caretaker> ::turns his head slightly:: You are here.. You came through the portal with us, didn't you?
ACTION> SILENCE IS ALL THE CARETAKER RECEIVES IN RESPONSE. THERE SEEMS TO BE NOTHING ELSE IN THE ROOM TO EVEN ANSWER HIM.
<Caretaker> Apocalypse does not even realize what he has done, does he?
ACTION> A SHADOW WITHIN THE SHADOWS OF THE ROOM MOVES SLIGHTLY.
<Caretaker> Very well...
*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> A PRIMUS HYDRO-RECYCLING PLANT IN ENGLAND.
SCENE> A LARGE HOLE AS BEEN BROKEN THROUGH THE OUTSIDE WALL OF THE PLANT. A TORN UP CANMORE AIRCRAFT LAYS WEDGED INTO THE INNER CORRIDOR WITH DEAD PRIMUS EMPLOYEES AROUND AND UNDER IT. PESTILENCE STALKS AWAY FROM THE CRASH SITE, HEADING DEEPER INTO THE FACILITY.
<Pestilence> ::whistling tunelessly, pauses a moment, looking around::
<Pestilence> ::moves on, further into the facility, casually::
ACTION> PESTILENCE ENTERS THE INNER CHAMBER OF THE FACILITY. A LARGE, CIRCULAR ROOM WITH A PIT IN ITS CENTER. DOWN INTO THE PIT IS A WHIRLPOOL OF WATER.
<Pestilence> ::grins, walking up to the edge of the pit and looking down into the swirling water::
ACTION> THREE GLOWING BLADES FLY THROUGH THE AIR AND STAB INTO PESTILENCE'S BACK, TRIGGERING MUCH MORE PAIN THAN SHE WOULD NORMALLY RECEIVE FROM SUCH WOUNDS.
<Pestilence> ::eyes widen sharply, and she drops to all fours, whirling to face her attacker:: !
ACTION> THE BLADES IN HER BACK DISAPPEAR AND SHE SEES A MAN HOLDING A COUPLE MORE SUCH BLADES AND STANDING IN A DIFFERENT DOORWAY THEN THE ONE SHE ENTERED FROM.
<Pestilence> Hey... shouldn'ta done that. Gonna die slow now. Hope ya like it.
<Pike> I see you missed the no trespassing markers. Not too stealthy of an approach either.. Tracked you since you came into Primus airspace.
<Pestilence> ::bares her teeth slightly:: Look like i care?
<Pike> ::forms a two foot long energy stick in each hand:: No.. You look shocking ugly.
<Pestilence> ::starts moving toward Pike, still on all fours, perhaps a bit warier than with the average corp employee:: I try. ::smirks::
<Pike> ::forms jagged blades on the ends of one stick, hurling it at her::
<Pestilence> ::moves swiftly to one side, gauging his reactions::
ACTION> PIKE SLAMS THE END OF HIS OTHER STICK AGAINST THE WALL, THE OTHER END SUDDENLY LANCES OUTWARD, STABBING THROUGH PESTILENCE'S SHOULDER AND EXTENDING ALL THE WAY TO THE OPPOSITE WALL.
<Pestilence> ::snarls sharply, freezing for a moment at the unexpected pain::
<Pestilence> ::eyes narrow, and she grabs at the glowing stick to pull herself free::
<Pike> Busy schedule today.. ::generates a large axe:: Have to cut this short.
<Pestilence> Indeed. ::claws out, shoots him a rather sour look, then charges::
<Pike> ::steps back, swinging the large axe upwards at her as she nears::
<Pestilence> ::leaps straight up, one leg whipping around toward his face in a spinning kick::
<Pike> Ugn! ::drops his axe, which disipates, and slides on the floor further into the room::
<Pestilence> ::lands lightly, and smirks:: Tough guy. ::approaches, still on guard::
<Pike> ::grabs the railing around the pit and pulls himself up:;
<Pestilence> ::grins wider:: Not real smart, though.
<Pike> ::turns to her, form and throwing a razor sharp disk at her head::
<Pestilence> ::drops, flattening herself to the ground and rushing forward::
<Pike> ::backs into the railing:: Shock!
<Pestilence> ::grabs at his ankles, aiming to pull him off balance and dangle him over the railing as she rises back to her feet::
<Pike> Ah! Oh bloody.. ::looks down at the water, then glares at her, forming a pickaxe like object::
<Pestilence> ::grins:: Just think. You'll be part of England. How patriotic. ::digs a claw into his ankle::
<Pestilence> ::affects a bored yawn:: But, no time to play. You're lucky. ::lets go::
ACTION> PIKE SPLASHES DOWN INTO THE WHIRLPOOL.
<Pestilence> ::casually bites her fingertip, then lets the blood drip into the water:: you're all gonna diieeee *singsong*
*******ELSEWHERE*******
LOCATION> THE FORGE
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS HAVE RESTED INBED PROVIDED FOR THEM FOR HOURS. THEY AWOKE TO FIND FOOD WAITING FOR THEM(REAL FRUIT, WATER, AND STRANGE BARS THAT TASTE LIKE WHAT YOU CRAVE) AND JAXION UP AND MOVING.
<Landslide> ::sits up:: Wow... Joto can't remember the last time he slept well like that...
<Jaxion> ::floats off the floor almost as if he's sitting in an invisible chair, surrounded by strange holographic control panels that he's entering commands into with a small green glowing orb floating nearby::
<Gally> ::sits on the floor still humming to herself, not needing sleep:: good morning
<Kali> ::Looks around and sighs in relief seeing Jax up and about and decides not to bug him and then spots the food. She tip toes over to grab a bite.:: Good morning Gally.
<Static> Hunh..::Munches the food:: Gotta admit..not bad..
<Xeno> ::eats an apple, muttering to himself, and walking towards the ammunition room::
<Powerslam> ::leans against the wall, eating one of the bars:: I've never slept that good before... ::frowns inwardly:: ((Wonder if that means my life's sucked...))
<Maximus> ::: watches the others as they begin to wake up ::::;
<Landslide> ::Stands up eyeing the food and then walks over:: Joto's eyes must be deceiving him....
<Gally> be glad you can sleep... for some of us it's not an option
<Static> Yeah..good for you..::Munches the bar:: ..Gotta admit..feels weird to be eating ham and eggs outta some candy bar..
<Seth> ::finishes up his "crave-bar" and wipes his mouth with a napkin:: (( Thor, I am full )) ::stands:: Sinister never fed me that well.
<Static> ::Glances at Gally:: It ain't all it's cracked up to be..trust me on that..
<Kali> ::Takes a bar of food and takes a tentive bite, she blinks at looks at it before eating it.::
<Jaxion> ::bites into an apple, typing into one of the holo-panels with a free hand::
<Flux> ::walks towards the ammunition room after Xeno::
<Gally> and neither is being "awake" all the time
<Seth> ::smiles at the banter being exchanged and walks around the Forge:: (( I guess staying here won't be all that bad ))
<Xeno> ::walks into the ammo room still muttering::
<Maximus> ::: looks to his implants on his arm and pulls out a glass vile filled with green fulid, as he inserts an Empty Vial :::
<Static> If I had that option, I'd take it, believe me..::Rubs his temples slightly::
<Landslide> ::grabs a few bars and walks over to a seat::
<Kali> I think sleep at the very least is very thearputical<sp>...
<Maximus> Not if the images in your head keep you awake ....
<Static> Not with my dreams they ain't, Wings..::Continues munching the bar:: Guess this' another one of the Maker's little inventions..
<Gally> ::gets herself a large glass of water:: it all must depend on the point of view being taken
<Powerslam> ::glances over at Jax:: Looks like he's doing better... and like he's taken advantage of all the technology here
<Maximus> ::: Looks to Static :: your Dreams bother you as well?
<Flux> ::walks behind Xeno:: Are you okay?
<Kali> ::Nods in agreement to PS.:: LIke a little kid in a toy store... ::Pauses.:: I would imagane.
<Gally> ::downs the glass of water::
<Landslide> ::begins chewing on one of the bars::
<Static> ::Sends a look at Maximus:: Maybe..try dying all the time, then getting buried for months..::Finishes his meal, standing and walking a short distance away from the others::
<Seth> :: Looks at Gally :: You need no slepp, yet you require food?
<Maximus> ::: Looks around for someplace to Dispose of the vile he removed, filled with the toxic waste his filtering system removed from his blood ::::
<Xeno> ::doesnt even look back:: ya... fine ::pus up the suit infront of him::
<Maximus> I'd rather have thoses then mine.... ::: looks down :::
<Gally> not food persay... I do require water to provide the hydrogen to fuel my internal fusion reactor
<Kali> ::Frowns and follows after Static.:: How was it like?
<Gally> I can eat food, but aside from the "taste" and the water content I gain nothing from it
<Flux> ::frowns:: No your not
<Landslide> ::continus munching:: ((Joto doesn't understand all this ca-ca... But this tastes good...))
<Maximus> ::: looks down not noticing Static left :: the faces of all i have slain in the ereana come back to haunt me while i sleep ..... the faces of friends .... and stranges i was forced to kill
<Powerslam> ::looks around:: Falling to pieces already... guess we really are meant to live hard lives, we can't handle the good things too well
<Xeno> sure, whatever. ::opens up a panel on the back of the suit::
<Gally> it's all a choice of how you choose to precieve things... nothing more
<Seth> ::nods:: You are quite a marvel, I give you that. (( I wonder if at one time she was actually human? ))
<Maximus> they all ask the same question ..... Why? ...
<Gally> the manner of my contruction ceased to facinate me when I first learned what I was built for
<Static> ::Shrugs slightly:: Cold, I guess..I wasn't really awake, for it..nearly punched my ticket being dead and buried that long, though, when they dug me up..
<Powerslam> ::shrugs at everybody then goes and gets some fruit and a glass of water:: ((If nobody else's gonna enjoy it... why let it go to waste?))
<Kali> I suppose... Well, my month away wasn't too enjoyable. But it's better than feeling 'cold' or nothing.
ACTION> A DOOR SLIDES OPEN AND THE CARETAKER STEPS INTO THE ROOM, STANDING IN FRONT OF THE DOORWAY.
<Seth> :: solemn look :: I apologize, Gally. I did not mean to...bring that up. ::looks at the floor::
<Powerslam> ::glances to the Caretaker, chewing on a piece of mango::
<Xeno> ::gets a panel and connects it to the suit, typing some things into it::
<Static> ::Shrugs slightly:: I thought you were all dead..I tried to get to Poccy, before he took out Halo City and the X-Men..I failed..I died..Simple as that..::Lowers his mask, looking towards the Caretaker::
<Gally> ::smiles:: don't apologize, it's not your fault ::turns to the caretaker::
ACTION> A POOL OF BLOOD IS FORMING AT THE CARETAKER'S FEET.
<Caretaker> ::collapses, cloak partially opening to show bleeding wounds all over his cyborg body::
<Kali> We're like... ::Falls quiet then rushes over to the Caretaker.:: What on Earth?
<Flux> ::places a hand gently on Xeno's shoulder:: What is it?
<Gally> by Thor! what happened?!
<Static> ::Blinks, slowly:: Caretaker! ::Moves towards him:: Shock..What happened?
<Seth> ::looks at the caretaker, mumbles something in Japanese then runs toward him:: (( Thor! ))
<Jaxion> ::looks back at the others, seeing the Caretaker and drops from his hover position:: What the shock?
<Caretaker> ::looks at Static:: Death is here.. ::glow from his cybernetic eye fades::
<Xeno> ::pushes her hand off of his shoulder:: nothing ::disconnects the panel and closes the suit::
<Seth> ::stops, drowing out the commotion around him, perking his head up, and listening for signs of others in the Forge::
<Static> ::Stares:: Aw no..Forge..Caretaker..he's..::Stands, igniting his energy blades:: Whoever the glitch is that did it's gonna die..
<Kali> Don't, please don't... ::Checks his pulse in faint hope.:: ...
<Flux> ::hears all the noise and looks at Xeno:: Something's wrong... ::runs into the next room and looks at the Caretaker::
<Powerslam> ::finishes off the water then eyes the doorway:: Who's Death?
ACTION> THE CARETAKER HAS DIED. SETH CAN'T HEAR ANY OTHER THAN THE VARIOUS SOUNDS THE MORLOCKS ARE MAKING.
<Seth> ::still listening, but speaking to PS:: One of Apocalypse's Horsemen. I Bible refrence I believe.
<Static> ::Moves through the Doorway the Caretaker came through::
<Xeno> ::mutters again and turns the suit back to the bracelet and attaches it again::
<Gally> whoever he is... he has made the worst error of his soon to end life
<Seth> ::moves after Static through the doorway:: I cannot hear him...he may be able to escape my abilities...
<Kali> ((... could have anything to do with...?)) ::Follows after Seth.::
<Xeno> ::slowly walks towards where the others are::
ACTION> A DARK, UNRECOGNIZABLE FIGURE SWIFTLY SLAMS INTO STATIC, GRABBING HIM AND MOVING PAST THE OTHER MORLOCKS ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE ROOM WITH A TIGHT HOLD ON STATIC.
<Static> ::Tries to slam his blades into the figure:: You're gonna pay, whoever you are!
<Powerslam> ::forms an energy ball, eyeing the figure:: Let him go
<Seth> ::turns his head quickly:: Shock! ::turns and aims, preparing to fire a sonic blast if need be::
ACTION> STATIC IS BEING RESTRAINED, UNABLE TO STRIKE BACK AT DEATH.
<Gally> ::whirls around and faces the figure:: release the mutant now... or be destroyed... you have no other options
<Xeno> ::blinks at the figure and suits up::
<Static> ::Struggles:: Just let me go..and I'll tear you apart, you son of a glitch..
<Jaxion> ::narrows his eye, trying to see through the darkness surrounding Death::
<Gally> ::eyes narrow as the pupils faintly glow red and plasma forms at her fingertips::
<Xeno> ::tries to target death through his sensors::
<Powerslam> ::forms and sends the energy ball at the feet of Death, trying to see who it is::
<Kali> ::Turns around and rushes towards the front.:: Let him go! ::Eyes darken as she reaches for a knife.::
<Jaxion> Static.. 'port.. Everyone else.. blast him, now.
<Seth> ((Time to go about this as Death does)) ::slowly moves into the shadows, absorbing all the sound around him, become stealth::
<Static> ::Moves to teleport out of his grip:: Save some for me..I want to end this miserable glitch's life, myself..
<Xeno> ::arms his rockets::
<Seth> ::aim trained on Death, moving closer to him ::
<Kali> ::Throws a knife at Death before closing her wings around her and unleashes fireballs at him.::
<Powerslam> ::forms and sends another energy ball at Death::
ACTION> SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH STATIC'S TELEPORT, BOTH HE AND DEATH DISAPPEAR FROM THE ROOM IN AN ENERGY FLASH.
<Gally> ::approaches Death fireing a rapid fire series of white-hot plasma flares at hhim with both hands::
<Xeno> ::blinks and disarms the rockets, scanning for where he might of ended up::
<Gally> ::ceases fire and looks around:: somebody please tell me we can track where they went
<Jaxion> ::looks around the room:: We have to find them.. fast.
<Seth> Thor...::steps out of the shadows and listens for Satics threats to Death somewhere else in the compound::
*******INTERLUDE*******
SCENE> DEATH AND STATIC APPEAR ATOP THE FORGE BUILDING. DEATH STANDS ON ITS HIGHEST POINT, A THIN TOWER, HOLDING STATIC IN THE AIR WITH A HAND FIRMLY GRIPPING BOTH HIS UPPER ARMS. THE DARKNESS OF THE NIGHT CLINGS TO DEATH, CONTINUING TO SHROUD HIS APPEARANCE.
<Static> ::Looks around:: ..What the shock? How..?!
<Death> Do you fear death?
<Static> ::Narrows his eyes at Death:: Been there, done that. ::Tries to slam a kick between Death's legs::
<Death> ::holds him too high, taking the kick in the stomach without reaction:: Do you honestly feel that you cheat death? It took your mother so readily.. yet it does not want you..
<Static> ::Narrows his eyes, almost growling:: That is one place you do not want to go, glitch..::Struggles to get a free shot with one of his arms::
<Death> When your mortality begins to take you, do you know that you will not truly die? Do you understand the extents to which you may recover? Or that nothing more should happen to you, like at Halo City?
<Static> Maybe I don't know that stuff..::Glares down at Death:: But I know I'm gonna make you your namesake, the second I get free..
<Death> Of course you do not know. At some point, all know that they are going to die. Except you. You do not know, you will never know. ::gives him his freedom, dropping him from the height they're at:: You do not cheat death, boy. Death cheats and taunts you.
*******INTERLUDE END*******
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS RUN INTO ANOTHER LARGE CHAMBER IN THE FORGE, SEARCHING THROUGH THE ALMOST MAZE OF A BUILDING FOR WHERE STATIC AND DEATH MAY HAVE ENDED UP.
<Xeno> ::continues scanning around for a heat source or anything::
<Jaxion> ::steps further into the chamber, looking around:: Do you hear anything yet, Seth?
<Kali> ::Half flies and half runs through the maze of rooms.:: ((This isn't happening. Too many people are dying. This has to be stopped.))
<Gally> ::walks into the chamber:: well... anything?
ACTION> SETH CAN SUDDENLY HEAR STATIC, FAINTLY.
<Kali> ::Skidders to a halt in the chamber and looks around quickly.:: Which way?
<Flux> ::keeps her sword drawn and looks at Xeno:: ((I can't help them... I can't even help him feel better))
<Powerslam> Forget where Static is, does anybody know where we are, anymore?
<Kali> We had food today. We'll be all right.
ACTION> STATIC CRASHES THROUGH THE LARGE, GREEN DOME THAT SERVES AS PARTOF THE CEILING OF THE CHAMBER. IT SHATTERS, CAUSING SHARDS TO RIP THROUGH HIS BODY BEFORE SLAMMING DOWN HARD ONTO THE METAL FLOOR, DEAD ON IMPACT.
*******SIM END*******