*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> THE FORGE
SCENE> AFTER SOME RECOVERY FROM THEIR PREVIOUS VENTURES; LANDSLIDE, MAXIMUS, POWERSLAM, AND XENO HAVE BEEN GATHERED BACK TO WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE FORGE'S MAIN CHAMBER. ANGEL BLUE CONTINUES TO HOVER INSIDE A COLUMN OF ENERGY, UNCONSCIOUS.
<Landslide> ::looks to his comrades:: What do we do now?
<Maximus> ::: Looks suspicaly at the other occupants in the room ::::
<Powerslam> Now we wait until we get instructed on what to do next... we can't attack Apocalypse head on... look at what happened at his coming back party...
<Xeno> yes, we need the rest of the morlocks, if there still alive...
<Maximus> Why am i here?
<Landslide> Joto agrees... but how can we contact the others
<Caretaker> ::enters the room:: Would you rather I had left you as a prisoner of war for the Atlanteans?
<Maximus> ::: Looks to the Caretaker ::: That Depends .... what do you intend on doing with me?
<Landslide> ::bows:: Joto is very thankful fo all you have done for him
<Powerslam> ::glances to the Caretaker:: How long have you known about what happened? Did you know beforehand?
<Caretaker> Long beforehand. Unfortunately, even witht he power I now have at my disposal there was surprisingly little that I could have done to prevent this. ::peers into the energy column at Angel Blue::
<Powerslam> Did you know about everything that would happen to us, has happened to us?
<Caretaker> I was aware of some details. There was also a great deal that I was unsure about. ::looks at Maximus:: And I intend to point you in the right direction.
<Maximus> ::: continues looking to the caretaker ::: and will this direction lead me to my Mother?
<Caretaker> Depending on the choices you make. But for now.. I believe I have found a new task for all of you..
ACTION> A IMAGE SHIMMERS INTO BEING BEFORE THEM, SHOWING AN AREA OF BARREN LAND OCCUPIED BY POORLY BUILT MAKESHIFT HOMES AND MORE PEOPLE THAN THE HOMES CAN POSSIBLY HOUSE.
<Xeno> ::looks over the land:: our next destination?
<Maximus> very well ::: cracks his knuckles as he looks to the image ::: (Death is coming for you mother dearest ..... )
<Caretaker> Survivors of some of Apocalypse's strikes have taken refuge here in this commonly unpopulated area, hoping to elude the Horseman and Riders. Most, if not all, will be slaughtered soon.
<Powerslam> By Apocalypse's forces or somebody or something else?
<Caretaker> Apocalypse's Riders.. I am sending you there for a special purpose.
<Powerslam> Besides protecting the people?
<Landslide> Perhaps their help could beused?
<Xeno> or one of our numbers are with them?
<Maximus> ::: Listens in silence :::: (( if what i have head about this apocolips fellow is correct, we should just let the people die, and go to a better place then this hell ))
<Caretaker> Unfortunately, I feel that a great deal will die even with your intervention. Like many other people in this world, they've lost their will to fight. They have begun to feel forsaken by the heroes of the past their hope stems from.
<Powerslam> So... just what can we do, then?
<Maximus> Atempt to take out the riders in the confusion they will cause?
<Caretaker> Find the hero among them.
<Landslide> ::nods:: And attempt to inspire them through that person..
<Xeno> i beleive we can do that
<Maximus> ::: Sighs ::: (( all this talk about hero's .... dont they know there only fairy tails .... ))
<Powerslam> Do we have any idea who the hero is... or are we going to bring somebody to become a hero?
ACTION> POWERSLAM GETS NO ANSWER. THEIR SURROUNDINGS SHIMMER AND CHANGE, QUICKLY FINDING THEMSELVES NO LONGER IN THE FORGE AND RATHER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE REFUGEES CAMP. THE RESIDENTS DON'T EVEN TAKE NOTICE OF THEIR SUDDEN PRESENCE.
<Maximus> :: looks around at his new suroundings ::::
<Xeno> ::looks around:: so how should we start looking?
ACTION> SEEN NEARBY WHERE THEY STAND IS A WEAK LOOKING MAN HEFTY A LONG-HANDLED SLEDGEHAMMER, SETTING UP ANOTHER LITTLE HOME. A FEW INJURED WOMEN AND MEN LAY IN BEDS NEARBY, WITH AN ELDERLY WOMAN SEEMING TO CARE FOR THEM.
<Maximus> ::: shakes his head in disgust :::::
<Powerslam> We can help as well as look... ::heads over to the man::
<Xeno> yes we can ::also goes towards the man::
<Maximus> ::: Looks to Joto and then the others, as he follows ::::
<Powerslam> ::pauses by the man:: Is there any way I can help with things?
<Landslide> ::stands beside powerslam observing::
<Maximus> ::: looks to the injured people, assessing there injurys picking out the ones that will survive and the ones that will die :::
<Man> ::startled, looking at them:: I.. um.. Well.. ::looks around:: I need to get that ::points at a large sheet of metal on the ground:: up on these four poles.. but its a little big.. heh..
<Xeno> i think we can do that
<Maximus> ::: Looks to the sheet of metal :::
ACTION> TWO BOYS MOVE PAST, TRYING TO CARRY A LARGER MAN WHO SEEMS TO BE BLEEDING FROM HIS SIDE OVER TO WERE THE OTHER INJURED ARE.
<Powerslam> ::runs over to the two boys and helps them with the man:: What happened to him?
<Xeno> ::goes to lift the sheet of metal::
<Landslide> ::growls, being upset from all the poverty, and stomps his foot on the ground trying to make a dome shaped bubble out of the earth:: ((Maybe Joto could make some sort of shelter for these people...))
ACTION> THE DOME OF ROCK LIFTS FROM THE GROUND, STARTLING QUITE A FEW OF THE NEARBY PEOPLE.
<InjuredMan> ::coughs:: just an older wound.. wasn't stitched up well and tore open again..
<Xeno> ::goes to lift the piece of metal onto the poles::
<Powerslam> ::helps the boys set him down, trying to think of how to help him:: Is there anything around here we could use to stitch him up with?
<Landslide> ::tries to hollow out the inside, enough to support the dome but to also inhabit people,and then attempts to hollow out the entrance::
ACTION> A LOUD SCREAM COMES FROM NEARBY.
<Maximus> ::: Looks to the Scream ::::
<Xeno> ::places the metal back onto the ground:: wuhoh ::suits up and takes to the air::
<Powerslam> ::looks up at the scream:: ((if we can't be a hero... I just hope we can find the one here...))
<Xeno> ::flies towards where the scream originated::
<Maximus> :::: moves in the direction of the cscream ::::
ACTION> NEARBY, THE BODIES OF THREE MEN HAVE BEEN IMPALED ON ALMOST A DOZEN CROSSING POLES.
<Maximus> ::: reaches the bodys ::: The Games have begun ....... ::::: begins looking around to see who was responciable for the carnagew ::::
<Xeno> ((i guess we hope the hero shows up on his own)) ::scans the area from the one responsable::
ACTION> THERE'S NO SIGN OF ANYONE NEARBY THAT COULD HAVE DONE THIS SO QUICKLY.
<Woman> ::huddled inside one of the homes:: Death.. Death was here.. we've been marked..
<Powerslam> ::gets up and moves towards the scene, glancing around warily::
<Maximus> hmmm ::: continues to look around then See's the woman, and begins walking towards her ::: Fear Not Woman, Death has atempted many times to come for me and has failed, Did you see who is responciable for this?
<Woman> ::shakes her head:: No.. but I know who.. Seen this before.. Death comes first.. that is his judgement ::points at the men:: Now the Riders come..
<Powerslam> ::listens as he gets to the scene:: Then we'll just have to get ready for them...
ACTION> THE SCANNERS ON XENO'S SUIT STARTS TO PICK UP A LARGE MASS IN THE DISTANCE.
<Xeno> ::yells down:: trouble in the distance ::points then flies off towards the mass::
<Maximus> :::: Looks up to Xeno and shakes his head :::: That one is looking for Death i take it?
ACTION> IN THE DISTANCE, THE MASS OF THE RIDERS CAN BE SEEN. AN ENORNMOUS ARMY OF THEM, HEADING FOR THE CAMP.
*******ELSEWHERE*******
SCENE> KALI, FLUX, RANDALL, AND GALLY TRAVEL ABOARD THE LANDCRUISER THROUGH A MOUNTAIN RANGE, HEADING FOR THE SOUNDS OF EXPLOSIONS IN THE DISTANCE, LIKE SOME BATTLE IS TAKING PLACE.
<Kali> ::Frowns and looks ahead.:: Anyone know what's going on?
<Randall> ::drives the cruiser, speeding/sliding down a mountainside:: Could be Wave Spiders.. could be Apocalypse's forces attacking.. could be a lot of things.
<Gally> something not good... if I had a guess coming ::emits small 1" flares from her fingertips testing her plasma system::
<Kali> Great... ::sighs quietly and crosses her arms.::
<Gally> ((someday the battles will end... but that is not today...)) ::sighs and relaxes in her seat::
<Randall> We'll find out when we get there though. ::makes a sharp turn to avoid a big rock::
<Kali> Apprently...
<Flux> ::clings onto the landcruiser as Randall turns:: ((Maybe I should be driving this thing...)) ::looks into the direction of the explosions:: ((I hope it's not something really bad...))
<Randall> Here we come.. ::makes it to the other side of a mountain, skidding to a halt::
ACTION> THEY ARRIVE ON THE SCENE OF A BATTLE LIKE THEY EXPECTED, JUST NOT INVOLVING THE PEOPLE THEY EXPECTED. SLYM, STATIC, SETH, CRUSADE, AND SOME MEMBERS OF SINISTER'S MARAUDERS FIGHT WITH GENESIS' TEAM OF MARAUDERS. GENESIS IS NOWHERE IN SIGHT, THOUGH A FEW BUILDINGS NEARBY COULD BE HIS WHEREABOUTS.
<Wraith> ::arms morphed into about a dozen tendrils, all gripped around Static and draining his energy already to the point where he can't 'port free::
<Shred> ::flips around, slicing at Seth with the razor sharp energy bands that surround his body::
<Static`> ::Grits his teeth:: Lousy..glitch..::Struggles a little bit::
<Slythe> ::swings his ion charged battleaxe across at Slym's head::
<Slym> ::ducks below the axe, firing an optic blast that sends Slythe into the mountainside::
<Kali> ::Tries to scramble out of the land speeder.:: That's them!
<Seth> ::ducks, sending a pulse of sonic energy out of his hands at Shred as he tries to manuver out of the way::
<Randall> Not exactly any of the things I expected, gets out of his seat..
ACTION> THE SPACE INSIDE THE LANDCRUISER SEEMS TO RIPPLE AND TWIST RANDOMLY. NO ONE CAN TO EVEN GET TO THE DOOR TO GET OUT, INSTEAD WALKING INTO EACH OTHER AND WALLS.
<Gally> ::identifies the morlocks involved from her memory and blinks::
<Shred> Ufh! ::tumbles back, scrambling back to his feet::
<Scrambler> ::dives at Haze from behind, hands reached out to destroy her nervous system::
<Haze> ::smirks, the particles of her body scattering and letting Scrambler pass by, then reforms behind him:: Oopsie, you missed. ::twirls her small gun on her finger before shooting him a couple times in the back::
<Gally> ok... I know it's our ride... but everyone get behind me
<Kali> ::Blinks, looking around and trying to sit back down again.:: What's going on....?
<Randall> ::bumps into Kali:: Err.. sorry.. ::blinks, looking around:: What's going on?
<Wraith> ::lifts Static into the air, keeping him unable to 'port::
<Arclight> ::charges at Haze angrily:: You're dead, girl! ::slams her fist into Haze, who explodes into particles::
<Seth> ::listening intetly for Genesis while fighting, sends a sonic blast at Wraith:: Drop him...
<Static`> ::Attempts to try and gather enough energy to form an energy blade directly into Wraith's tendrils and disrupt Wraith's hold:: ((Gotta.get free..))
<Flux> ::looks around the landcruiser:: I wish I knew
<Kali> Gally, can you tell what's going on? ::Glances at Randall.:: I'm fine.
<Gally> unless I'm incorrect... it's a spatial distortion of some kind ::tries to find some pattern to the disruption to figure her way around in it::
<Wraith> Ugn! ::drops Static to the ground after the sonic pulse, but keeps hold of him::
<Riptide> ::rips apart Wraith's tendrils with his shurikens, freeing Static:: Piece by piece you die! ::keeps after Wraith with his shurikens::
<Haze> ::reforms again right next to Arclight, holding the gun up to her head:: Gotcha, glitch. ::pulls the trigger and drops Arclight::
ACTION> THE DISTORTION INSIDE THE CRUISER SLOWLY STOPS AS EVERYTHING RETURNS TO NORMAL.
<Seth> ::rolls his eyes at Riptide:: I wonder if the first Riptide was as dramatic as his clones... ::still listening for Genesis::
ACTION> A BEAM OF HEAT SLICES ACROSS SETH'S UPPER ARM.
<Static`> ..Thanks. ::Gets loose, gritting his teeth behind his mask and turning towards Haze, igniting his blades and diving in Haze's direction, attempting to slash at them and disrupt them with the blades:: Let's see you do that, now..::Growls:: Where the hell is your boss?
<Gally> ::reaches for the door:: whatever that was It's gone... let's get out there, now
<Seth> ::::winces and curls down:::: ((should have heard that)) ::rolls and turns to face his attacker::
<Cascade> ::releases his hold over the cruiser, turning his powers on Riptide so is shurikens are sent back at him::
<Haze> ::scatters and reforms away from Static:: See? ::smirks and takes a few quick shots at him::
<Kali> ::Shakes her head and tries to make to the door again.::
<Cyclops> ::blasts another beam from his eyes at Seth::
<Riptide> Agh! ::drops to the ground as his shurikens tear through him::
<Kali> ::Stumbles outside and looks around.::
<Crusade> ::flies through the air, diving down towards Slythe and tackling him hard into the ground::
<Seth> ::dives away, blasting at Cyclops simultaneously:: ((Son of a glitch))
<Gally> ::hits the ground in a crouch and looks around, assessing the threats to the morlocks from genesis' marauders::
<Static`> ::Attempts to do a backflip to leap over the shots and land on the other side of Haze:: Seth..mix it up! ::Attempts to gather the energy to port to the side of Cyclops, where he can stab him with his blades::
<Flux> ::follows quickly behind Kali and then draws out her sword:: We have to help them
<Seth> ::dives and rolss to Static previous position, firing at Haze with a blast::
<Kali> ::Aims a fireball at Haze's head.::
<Cyclops> ::catches Static's arm:: Didn't you learn the first time, kid? ::slams his elbow against his head and knocks him away:: You can't surprise me!
<Gally> ::stands to her feet and fires plasma flares at both cyclops and haze:: there really isn't time for genesis' lap dogs
ACTION> GLOBES OF PINK ENERGY SHOOT THROUGH THE AIR, EXPLODING AROUND KALI AND GALLY.
<Kali> ::Ducks, taking to the sky to surrvy the attacker.::
<Seth> ::noticing the help:: ((Morlocks? No time to think)) ::absorbs all the sounds around him making him silent, heads at Cyclops while he's distracted with Static::
<Haze> ::body scatters from Seth's blast, and reforms:: Boring.. ::shoots at Seth's legs as he heads for Cyclops again::
<Gally> ::discontiues her attack on cyclops and haze as her panzer kunst training takes over, trying to approach the marauders through the bits of energy, trying to dodge them with her flexibility and speed::
<Flux> ::rushes at Haze and slashes at her with her sword::
<Seth> ::stumbles at the gunfire:: ((Damn it, thought they had Haza handled))
<Static`> ::Stumbles backwards, raising his blades in a defensive position:: You'll find I'm full of surprises, pal. Where the hell's your boss? This is getting us shockin' nowhere!
<Kali> ::Readies and fireball and look around for her attacker.::
<Slym> ::turns his head, blasting Cyclops away from Static and then the gun from Haze's hand:: Static, stay on Haze and nail her from a distance! Seth, help your friends with Chaos over there! And you with the sword, go help Crusade! ::points at Crusade fighting a big guy with an axe::
<Static`> ::Blinks at Slym:: From a distance?! What the shock are you talking about? ::Shakes his head and looks towards Haze::
<Seth> ::heads back at Haze, blasting, then sending a short range pulse from his body hoping to get her when she rematerializes:: ((What's slym talking about?))
<Chaos> ::stands on a large boulder, sending her globes at the ground around Gally::
<Kali> ::Fires the fireball at Chaos, assuming that's the attacker, keeping to the air.::
<Flux> ::leaves Haze and then runs towards Crusade::
<Gally> ((when the ground is inhospitable... use the air)) ::leaps up into the air trying to hit Chaos with plasma flares from both hands::
<Kali> ::With her eye on Cyclops.::
<Seth> ::scrambles around heading towards Gally and Kali:: Hello Kali, and friend... ::fires upwards at Chaos::
<Chaos> ::drops down behind the boulder to get away from the blasts::
<Slym> Sinister modified your powers! Launch your knives!
<Gally> ::hits the ground and leaps into a somersault, extending her arm blades, trying to land behind Chaos at point blank range::
<Crusade> ::holds tightly onto Slythe's axe, wrestling with him for it:: Let... go!
<Seth> ::again, goes to stealth, and heads to Chaos' position trying to get the jump::
<Static`> ..::Shakes his heads and looks towards Haze:: Shock..if you weren't who you were, I'd think you were nuts..::Raises his hands and blades, aiming them at Haze's position:: Let's try this dance, again..
<Randall> ::kicks open the door to the cruiser after it got jammed shut, firing his guns at Cascade:: If you're not one of the bad guys, sorry.
<Seth> ::reaches Chaos' position, jumps and blasts behind the boulder:: As they...peek..a...boo.
<Chaos> ::spins around to see Gally:: Uh oh!
<Kali> ::Growls, focuses her fire energy on a dagger then dive bombs at Cyclops, the dagger aimed at the back of his head.::
<Gally> ::slashes at Chaos' chest with a blurred strike:: hello
<Chaos> Ugn! ::launched from the blast right into Gally's arm blade and goes limp::
<Cyclops> What? ::turns his head, hearing Kali coming as the blade stabs across his eyes:: AGH! ::drops to his knees, hands covering his bleeding face::
<Seth> ::stands on the boulder, speaks in Japanese:: [[Well done, my friend]]
<Haze> ::laughs at Static just standing there:: And what are you doing?
<Static`> This. ::Attempts to fire his blades at Haze:: ((This better work..))
<Gally> ((shock! that was one more death that could have been avoided)) ::nods and notices Randall tangling with Cascade:: we better help Randall out this that glitch
<Kali> ::Grins, kicking his stomch.:: Now stay down bastard!
<Cascade> ::folds space around him and disappears::
<Haze> What the..?! ::tries to scatter but is caught by the blast, scattering without reforming::
<Flux> ::looks at Kali and blinks:: ((When did she turn so mean?))
<Cyclops> Oof! ::slumps over::
<Crusade> ::presses his fist against Slythe's stomach, blasting right through him:: There! Finally!
<Kali> ::Puts the dagger away and looks around quietly for another attacker.:: <<During fighting she can get demented at times. ^^>>
<Cascade> ::reappears behind Kali, shoving her away and grabbing Cyclops:: Time for us to get the shock out of here: ::disappears with him::
<Seth> You go...I have business I must attend to. ::scowling at the various battles, listens for Genesis once again::
<Static`> Well..I'll be shocked..::Quirks an eyebrow:: It worked..::Looks around the battlefield:: ((It's just like that rat to hide during a fight..))
<Gally> ::retracts her arm blades and walks over to Kali:: I assume you're OK
ACTION> SETH HEARS SOMETHING COMING FROM ONE OF THE NEARBY BUILDINGS.
<Kali> ::Stumbles and looks around with a glare.:: Cowards... Yeah.
<Gally> no one cries for a coward ::smirk::
<Crusade> ::pushes Slythe away from him and walks over to the others:: Well look who else is alive. Cockaroaches, I tell you.
<Seth> ::flips down, heading toward Slym:: I'm getting something from over in that structure...source is unknown. ::points::
<Kali> ::Smiles slightly.::
<Gally> ::looks over to Static:: From what I hear... you won a bet
<Static`> ::Blinks, looking in the direction of the others:: Kali, Flux..? You guys are alive..::Moves over towards them, a slight smile forming:: I thought you guys were dead..::Looks towards Gally:: I don't know that we've met, before..
<Slym> ::walks towards the building, glancing over at Static and Crusade:: We're not done yet.
<Gally> you know the man who sent me here... Victor Von Doom
<Static`> ::Spins around, looking at Seth:: It's got to be Genesis..::Starts moving in the direction of his building:: I'll worry about the fact that Rusty's still alive, later..
<Seth> ::heads with Slym:: Lets finish this business.
<Gally> my mistake... my name's Gally... and what business?
<Flux> ::looks at them slightly confused:: Business?
ACTION> SETH CAN MAKE OUT THE SOUNDS BETTER NOW, WHICH MAKES IT MORE TROUBLING AS HE HEARS TWO PRESENCES INSIDE THE BUILDING. ONE IS GENESIS, ONE IS SOMETHING ELSE.
<Kali> We surrive anything it seems like.
<Seth> ::walks with intent, a scowl forming:: Finding an end to...::hears the sounds, moves over to Slym:: Genesis isn't alone. SomeTHING is with him...
<Slym> ::eyes narrow:: We're too late.
<Seth> ::stops, eyeing Slym , then the building:: What?
<Gally> ::looks at Slym:: one thing I've learned... no such thing as too late
<Static`> Not if I can help it..no one is getting to kill that son of a glitch, but me..::Ports in the direction of the building, his blades glowing::
ACTION> GENESIS CRASHES OUT THROUGH THE WALL OF ONE OF THE BUILDINGS AND TUMBLES ALONG THE GROUND. HIS ATTACKER STEPS THROUGH THE HOLE LEFT IN THE WALL, WHOSE BODY SEEMS COMPLETELY COMPOSED OF METAL. HIS FACE SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN MOLDED INTO THE TERRIFYING VISAGE OF A SKULL.
<War> The High Lord has made his decision. Our long awaited judgement has finally come. Only one of us will be proven worthy of survival!
*******SIM END*******