*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> THE FORGE, A VAULT CONTAINING ARCANE TECHNOMANCER TECHNOLOGY WHOSE EXISTANCE IS ONLY KNOWN AS MYTH TO FEW IN THE CIRCLES OF SORCERY.
SCENE> POWERSLAM'S ESCAPE POD NOW RESTS ON THE FLOOR OF A LARGE ROOM WITH XENO, OUT OF SUIT, HAVING WORKED FOR AWHILE TO HOTWIRE THE POD'S HATCH TO OPEN. THE HATCH SCREECHES OPEN, ALLOWING POWERSLAM TO FINALLY GET OUT.
<Xeno> ah, there we go, knew i could do it ::stands watchin the hatch open::
<Powerslam> ::hurries out of the pod:: ((finally!)) where are we?
ACTION> POWERSLAM STUMBLES AND ALMOST FALLS TO THE FLOOR, FEELING WEAK AFTER BEING TRAPPED IN THE POD FOR SO LONG.
<Xeno> were in the Forge
<Powerslam> ::looks at Xeno's suit:: Hace any food in there?
<Xeno> ill get ya something to eat, stay here ::walks to get some food::
ACTION> THE DOOR XENO HEADS FOR OPENS BEFORE HE GETS TO IT AND A MAN IN A CLOAK WALKS IN. MOST OF HIS BODY IS CYBERNETICS, BUT THE TECHNOLOGY LOOKS VERY UNUSUAL LIKE NOTHING SEEN ANYWHERE ELSE. WHICH MATCHES THE REST OF THE TECHNOLOGY SEEN AROUND THE ROOM.
<Powerslam> ::pulls himself to a standing/leaning position against the pod, eyeing the man warily:: Nice look
<Xeno> ::looks to the caretaker:: hello, im just getting my friend something to eat
<Caretaker> ::walks past Xeno, towards Powerslam:: I will see to his needs. We do not have time to waste.
<Xeno> alright, then what is our next task?
<Powerslam> ::looks from Xeno to the Caretaker:: Just what's going on or has been going on?
<Caretaker> Apocalypse has sent the world into chaos. ::turns his glowing hand palm up, some kind of food bar materializing and floating over to Powerslam:: I will explain further once you and Xeno return with a fellow Morlock.
<Powerslam> ::blinks at Caretaker:: You mean others survived? ::pauses:: Makes sense though, we were all probably too stubborn to die...
<Xeno> got that right, so who we savin this time?
<Caretaker> ::waves a hand, causing a holographic control panel to appear and pressing a sequence of commands:: That bar will replenish you, Powerslam. And you will see..
ACTION> A PORTAL SHIMMERS INTO BEING NEARBY.
<Powerslam> ::takes the bar and unwraps it and begins eating it almost ravenously::
<Xeno> ::suits up:: off we go ::walks through the portal::
<Powerslam> ::stands less shakily then nods thanks to the Caretaker and heads for the portal:: ((I wonder what his stake in all of this is))
ACTION> THE PORTAL TRANSPORTS POWERSLAM AND XENO TO A FOREST AREA, THOUGH THE TREES AROUND THEM LOOK SICKLY AND DYING. THE PORTAL CLOSES BEHIND THEM.
<Xeno> ::starts scanning the area for other life::
<Powerslam> ::looks around the place:: I swear if we find Joto in a dress surrounded by 7 demented little dwarves... bad mental image ::shudders::
ACTION> POWERSLAM AND XENO SUDDENLY FIND THEM SURROUNDED BY DOZENS OF HOSTILE LOOKING PEOPLE. OTHER THAN THEIR DARK, HUNGRY LOOKS THEIR MOST NOTICABLE FEATURES ARE THE FANGED MOUTHES ON THEIR PALMS.
<Xeno> what a welcoming party
<Angel_Blue> ::stares at them for a moment and snarls::
<Powerslam> ::eyes narrow at the people:: ((don't know if I'm back up to 100% or not yet...)) No offense guys, I'm sure you probably don't plan much for visitors, but we don't have time for pleasantries.
<Xeno> ::blinks:: Kimberly? ::looks to Angel::
<Angel_Blue> ::gets a few steps closer to them::
ACTION> THE EMPLATES ATTACK, RUNNING TOWARDS THEM FROM ALL SIDES.
<Angel_Blue> ::dives at xeno::
<Powerslam> ...shock... ::tries forming two energy balls and sending them at the advancing emplates::
<Xeno> ::turns on his defence system to knock out Angel and anyone else attacking him::
*******ELSEWHERE*******
LOCATION> DOWNTOWN, NEW YORK
SCENE> THE GROUP OF HEROES, NOW ALSO JOINED BY LANDSLIDE, HAVE AMBUSHED THE REGROUPING ATLANTEANS AND ARE WINNING. MAXIMUS, NOW ARMED WITH ONE OF THEIR STAFF WEAPONS, HAS JUST DESTROYED THEIR ONLY ASSAULT VEHICLE.
<Maximus> ::: Grins as the Explosion of there transport happens, he then quickly looks around for the first fish man he can find, ready to end its life :::
<Daredevil> ::throws one Atlantean off into a pile of rubble, turning and striking another across the face that was trying to sneak behind him:: You're too loud.
<Landslide> ::slams his foot to the ground and tries to send a ripple of earth towards the group of atlanteans in order to knock them off their feet::
<Maximus> Death has Come, Fish! Come here and meet your Maker! ::: aims the staff weapons towards a fish man and fires in his Direction ::::
<Maximus> :::: continues advancing towards the Atlantean's postion fireing at any target that makes himself a clear target ::::
<Spider-Man> ::hears Maximus:: A little overdramatic, aren't you? ::sinks his talons into the armor of one of the soldiers, ripping through their breathing equipment:: Me, I can settle for the simple "I'm gonna get you." or just hitting them repeatedly.
<Maximus> :: continues advancing as he hears the Spider looking guy :: after spending a year in the arena on Hell rock, you leard something quickly, the more the crowd likes yah, the loger yah Live! :: takes a pot shot at another fish-man :::
<Spider-Man> The crowd? Hunh.. if I would have known that we'd have an audience I would have worn my good webs. ::swings into another atlantean, kicking him hard::
<Landslide> ::Stands up from his crouched position and glances around, then attempts to create a sinking mudslide type thing beneath the feet of several of the atlanteans::
ACTION> LANDSLIDE'S ATTEMPT BREAKS APART A LOT OF THE STREET, DRAINING AWAY MOST OF THE WATER AND MOST OF THE REMAINING ATLANTEANS ARE PULLED UNDER AS WELL. THE FEW OTHER ATLANTEAN QUICKLY RETREAT AND DISAPPEAR.
<Maximus> ::: see's a atlantean within striking distance of the staff and bodly atempts to send him into tomarow as he swings the staff at em :: Old habbits die hard i guess
<Spider-Man> Nice work, big guy ::glances back at Landslide::
<Maximus> :::: glances around the area making sure there no more threats and then looks towards landslide and nods at SM's Comment :::
ACTION> A SINGLE ATLANTEAN SHOWS UP, THIS ONE STRANGELY WITHOUT ANY SURFACE BREATHING APPARATUS AND WEBBED WINGS ON HIS UNDERARMS.
<Maximus> ::: Looks to the New Fish Man :::: Your Friends just went Running Bub ...... if i were you i would join em .... or if you want to stick around, you can join these :: points to the dead fish-men laying about :::
<Landslide> ::smiles:: Thank you
<Roman> I am Roman the Submariner.. champion of Atlantis! You're tiny threats are amusing. ::grins::
<Maximus> champion? i met a champion once before ..... he died just as easily as the rest did ....... :: Returns the grin ::::
<Maximus> :::: tightens his grip on the staff weapon waiting for this new fish to make the first move ::::
<Roman> You will be first then! ::charges at Maximus::
<Landslide> ::pulls a pair of shades from his girdle and puts them on and then grins:: Joto doesn't agree with you... ::starts dancing and slams one foot to the ground attempting to create a wall around Roman so he cannot pass::
<Maximus> ::: relys on his reflexes and atempts to sidestep the charging fish and swings the staff to atempt to make contact with the base of his skull :::
ACTION> ROMAN SMASHES THROUGH THE ROCK WALL EFFORTLESSLY, AND MAXIMUS' STAFF BREAKS AGAINST HIM.
<Maximus> :: tosses the staff away ::: Should have bought one made in japan ::: Grins :::
<Roman> ::backhands Maximus, sending him speeding through a brick wall across the street:: No creature of the surface can defeat me!
<Maximus> :::: flys into the brick wall and slumps to the ground ::::
*******ELSEWHERE*******
LOCATION> SOMEWHERE IN THE SOUTHWESTERN DESERT.
SCENE> FLUX, GALLY, AND KALI WANDER THROUGH THE EMPTY DESERT HAVING LOST THEIR TRANSPORTATION TO A HUNGRY WAVE SPIDER AND BARELY MANAGING TO ESCAPE ITS FRIENDS HOURS AGO.
<Kali> ::Mutters softly to herself.:: Talk about Deja vu...
<Flux> ::wearily trudges with her sword slung over her shoulder::
<Gally> ::hums a tune softly:: ((I went through the desert on a horse with no name... oh shock it, never could remember all of the words))
ACTION> A VAST AREA OF THE GROUND NEARBY LOOKS DEVASTATED, AS IF IT HAD CAVED IN FROM SOME ENORMOUS UNDERGROUND CAVERN.
<Gally> ::raises an eyebrow:: this looks interesting... ::turns to Kali and Flux:: you think?
<Kali> ::Looks up and eyes narrow remembering faintly the underground cavern/city a few months back.:: Very interesting... is this the same place I saw a few months back?
<Flux> ::tilts her head curiously at the caved in area and then nods her head at Gally::
<Gally> we might as well check it out... you two look like you could use something to eat... which is optional in my case
ACTION> TINY EXPLOSIONS CAN BE FELT UNDERNEATH THEIR FEET AS THEY SUDDENLY SINK INTO THE GROUND. THEY STOP WHEN THEY'RE LOWER BODIES ARE FIRMLY STUCK IN THE GROUND.
<Flux> ::lets out a startled gasp and then struggles to free herself::
<Gally> ::blinks:: I've heard of being buried in the sand... but this just shocking sucks
<Kali> ::Looks around with a slightly irrated look as she scans the area.:: It's not quick sand, is it?
<Gally> ::struggles a bit to try and remove herself from the ground:: suprises are for birthdays and christmas... not walks through barren wastes
ACTION> GALLY BREAKS HERSELF FREE FROM THE GROUND. A MAN FULLY CLAD IN BODY ARMOR RISES FROM THE GROUND A FEW METERS AWAY, HOLDING TWO FIREARMS AIMED AT THEM. KALI RECOGNIZES HIM.
<Randall> ::aims both weapons at Gally:: I suggest you stop right there.
<Gally> ::blinks:: think we can discuss this without the APDS rounds?
<Kali> ::Tries to move the lower part of her body, namely her legs.:: Randy.. no that's not it... Randall! Stop!
<Randall> Huh? ::turns his head slightly, seeing Kali and lowering his weapons:: What the shock are you doing out here again?
<Flux> ::tries to push herself out of the ground:: ((Randall?))
<Kali> It's a long story but to cut it short something happened in a city and the morlock team broke up. I'm not quite sure but I heard it had to do with Apcyolaspe?
<Gally> ::shrugs and looks at the man's weapons out of idle curiosity:: nice hardware... but next time I'd recommend something in the anti-tank category ::smiles::
<Kali> Well, broke up isn't the right word... tripped up sums up the situation much better.
<Randall> ::drops his weapons into holsters on his legs, pulling out a small crystal shard:: Apocalypse, definitely heard of him. His dark riders are partially responsible for what happened to the Reservation. ::drops the crystal near Flux and Kali::
<Flux> Can we talk about this after we're out of here please?
ACTION> THE CRYSTAL DISSOLVES INTO THE GROUND, WHICH SOFTENS AROUND THE TWO SO THEY CAN CLIMB OUT.
<Kali> ::Crawls out onto some firmer sand with a sign.:: All the way out here?
<Flux> ::quickly climbs out and dusts herself off:: ((I hate deserts))
<Gally> apocalypse... ::shakes her head:: ((just when you think Herod's the worst... along comes some twencen reject with delusions of grandure))
<Randall> Where've you been? Apocalypse has the whole world going nuts.
<Kali> Oh... ::fraintly smiles.:: I've been out of it lately... ((That's not really a lie...))
<Flux> ::frowns:: As have I...
<Gally> tell me about it... I had the displeasure to meet the shocker first hand... took me the better part of a day to get out from under the rubble ::frowns:: next time... I'll bury him
<Randall> ::looks up at the sky:: We should get out of here. Once it gets dark the spiders come out in hordes.
<Kali> Spiders... ::Face pales.:: ... More?
<Randall> ::presses a button on his wristband:: Weeks ago a swarm nested in a nearby city.. now that the "foods" gone there, they've been swarming out further and further every night.
<Gally> sounds like someone needs a visit from the orkin man
ACTION> A TREADED LANDCRUISER PUSHES ITS WAY TO THE SURFACE NEAR THEM.
<Kali> ::Nods meekly.:: The quicker, the better.
<Flux> ::gives a relieved smile at seeing the landcruiser::
<Randall> Get in and I'll take us out of here. ::walks to the cruiser::
<Gally> ::walks over to the vehicle and gets in::
<Flux> ::quickly follows the others over to the landcruiser and gets in::
*******ELSEWHERE*******
LOCATION> UNKNOWN, SINISTER'S CURRENT BASE OF OPERATIONS.
SCENE> STATIC'S BODY FLOATS IN A VERTICULAR TUBE OF UNKNOWN FLUID WHILE SINISTER OPERATES A NEARBY CONTROL TERMINAL. CRUSADE, SETH, AND SLYM HANG AROUND IN WAITING.
<Seth> ::s;inks in chair, watching Static, mimicing the deep rythmic sanscrit chants of monks::
<Slym> ::watches Sinister and Static with his arms crossed::
<Static> ::..Floats::
ACTION> STATIC'S FLESH STARTS TO RIPPLE OFF AS HIS MUSCLE'S PULL AWAY AND RELEASE HIS INTERNAL ORGANS. AFTER A FEW MOMENTS OF FREE-FLOATING, HIS BODY RESEMBLES AS IF NOTHING HAPPEN.
<Crusade> ...That was a little more than I cared to see of him.
<Seth> not really all that astonished at the sight od Static, after being around Sinister's workshop for a while, still chanting:: Sar-va mongalam bha-ba-tu bha-ba-tu bha-ba
ACTION> THE FLUID DRAINS FROM THE TUBE AND STATIC BEGINS TO REGAIN CONSCIOUSNESS AS THE TUBE STARTS RETRACTING INTO THE CEILING.
<Static> ::Slowly starts to open his eyes, groaning::
<Slym> ::walks forward, holding some clothes out to Static:: You might want to get clothed before we start explaining.
<Seth> ::ends his chant and moves beside Sinister:: He shall be okay, correct? No more dying?
<Static> Right..::Shakes his head to clear it, taking the clothes and quickly moving to dress himself, turning away from the others::
<Sinister> "Dying" again is up to him. I have repair that which his External physiology could not.
<Static> External physiology? I think I remember Dust referring to me as an External..::Frowns, and turns around after finishing dressing::
<Seth> Good. ::moves back to his chair, sitting, to wait for Sinister to explain himself to Static::
<Sinister> Rarely, a mutant manifests the ability to resist advanced aging and recover from death. Almost immortal, they are referred to as Externals. You are one, obviously.
<Static> ::Blinks slightly:: Hunh..well, that's nice..
<Seth> Which makes you lucky in a sense...and especially lucky for us, since we are going to need you. ::glancing between Sinister and Static::
<Sinister> ::looks at him coldly:: "Almost" immortal. You came very close to actual death due to your extended burial. I restored you. You now owe a portion of your External life to me. A debt which I intend to have paid immediately.
<Static> ::Looks around for his mask or trenchcoat:: Need me for what? And what happened to Halo City and the X-Men..?
<Static> ::Scowls at Sinister:: Alright..I'll admit to that..What do you want?
<Seth> ::gives Sinister a very serious look:: (( So Dramatic, he is)) ::sits upright, waiting::
<Sinister> Apocalypse's horseman War has begun to weaken since having the Earth struck by asteroids. He must prove his worth to Apocalypse once again by seeking out and defeating a certain individual, one which you must protect or countless lives will be lost if War is victorious.
<Static> Who's War? ::Frowns:: And who do we need to protect?
<Seth> ::slinks back down in his chair, watching Sinister speak::
<Sinister> You know the man as Genesis. Further explanation will only waste time that we do not have. Scott ::motions to Slym:: will lead the team and give you further information.
<Static> ..Excuse me? ::Eyes narrow, his energy blades igniting reflexively::
<Seth> ::sighs, standing up, moving towards Static:: Back to work...(( for a snake who wishes to defeat a Shark)) Relax, my friend. We have much to do, and very little time to do it in...
<Sinister> ::turns his back on Static and walks away from them:: Your emotional objections are meaningless. This is the price for your renewed life.
<Static> If you're implying I need to actually DEFEND that sorry son of a glitch..::Nearly shaking in anger:: Why him? And who the shock is War?
<Sinister> ::walks out of the room without answering::
<Static> ::Growls and extinguishes his blades, slamming his fist into a wall::
<Seth> ::moving between Static and Sinister:: Believe me. The bastard Sinister is, he has proven to know what he's doing. ((With the exception of the Hazard incident))
<Slym> We have to leave now before it's too late. The Marauders cloning is complete and they are waiting for us in the portal room. ::starts to walk in that direction, looking over at Static:: Decide quickly whether your vengeance is worth a countless lives of innocent people. Apocalypse is the threat to deal with now.
<Static> ::Spins in Seth's direction his teeth gritted as he grabs his tattered mask, lowering it down over his face:: Save me the platitudes..let's just go get this shocking over with..::Starts to move to follow them:: When this is all over..don't think I won't go after him, though..
*******SIM END*******