*******PROLOGUE*******
LOCATION> APOCALYPSE'S CITADEL, FORMERLY THE HAVEN. A WARPED SPIRE OF DULL CRYSTAL STABBING INTO THE SKY. CRYSTAL PIKES SURROUND ITS BASE, WHERE DEAD AND DYING BODIES ARE IMPALED OR BOUND IN DISPLAY.
SCENE> APOCALYPSE STANDS ON A SLIGHTLY ELEVATED PLATFORM IN A ROOM LITTERED WITH HUMAN REMAINS(CORPSES, SKULLS, LIMBS, ETC.). TWO OF HIS DARK RIDERS DRAG A MAN INTO THE ROOM AND TOSS HIM TO THE FLOOR BEFORE APOCALYPSE.
<Trey> Uf! ::comes face to decomposed face with a corpse, giving it a quick kiss and jumping to his feet:: So you're the Apocalypse. I was hoping you'd be shorter. ::grins, metallic fangs gleaming::
<Apocalypse> ::looks down to Trey:: Silence, vampire. Your kind are nothing but vile insects bred in the darkness.
<Trey> ::glares, tensing his muscles::
<Apocalypse> Prepare yourself for your judgement comes now.
ACTION> A WOMAN DROPS DOWN FROM THE SHADOWS, LANDING ON THE SAME FLOOR AS TREY. ONCE KNOWN AS PREDATOR, HER SKIN IS NOW STARK WHITE, HER DARK HAIR IS NOW A MESS OF SPIKES FLOWING DOWN PAST HER SHOULDERS, AND HER BODY NOW BULKIER WITH MUSCLE. SHE IS NOW PESTILENCE.
<Pestilence> ::teeth bared slightly in a grin, looks to Apocalypse, waiting for his next order::
<Trey> ::jumps away from Pestilence, glaring at her:: Some judge.. ::eyes narrow, realizing who she is:: Ooooh.. yummy..
<Apocalypse> Proceed.
<Pestilence> ::laughs, extending her claws and advancing on Trey, eyes gleaming::
<Trey> ::grins back at her:: Don't care much for the new look.. You must get less sun than I do.. ::leaps at her, claws sprouting from his fingertips and going for her throat with one set::
<Pestilence> ::almost halfheartedly swats at Trey with one arm, smirking confidently:: Ready to die, undead?
<Trey> Ufh! ::flies to the side, springing away with his hands and landing back on his feet:: "Ready to die, undead?" Isn't that some kinda oxymoron? ::keeps grinning::
<Pestilence> Let's find out. ::eyes narrow sharply, and she goes for Trey's throat::
<Trey> ::blinks:: What?! ((When'd she get so fa-*)) ::falls to the floor, his head rolling away from his body::
<Pestilence> ::licks her lips, looking up with the same low laugh::
ACTION> THE TWO DARK RIDERS ENTER THE ROOM AGAIN, LOOKING TO APOCALYPSE FOR ORDERS.
<Apocalypse> Have the rest of his vampire horde impaled upon the pikes until daybreak.
*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> SPACE, THE ASTEROID BELT.
SCENE> A PORTAL RIPPLES OPEN ON AN ASTEROID FLOATING IN THE MIDST OF MANY OTHERS. XENO EXITS THE PORTAL, STEPPING ONTO THE FLOATING ROCK.
<Xeno> ::walks out looking around:: ((hmmm, where to start)) ((scans the area quickly))
ACTION> AFTER A FEW MOMENTS, HIS SUIT'S SCANNERS REGISTER AN OBJECT NOT CLASSIFYING AS AN ASTEROID FLOATING OUT THERE AND DISPLAYS ITS LOCATION TO HIM.
<Xeno> ((alright)) ::flies towards the object::
ACTION> XENO SPOTS A SMALL(about 15' in length and 10' in width) CRAFT ADRIFT IN THE BELT, ITS HULL IS CHARRED AND DENTED.
<Xeno> ::flies over to the craft and tries to look iside of it::
ACTION> XENO CAN SEEN AN UNCONSCIOUS POWERSLAM INSIDE THE POD. XENO ACCIDENTLY BUMPS INTO THE POD, SERVING AS ENOUGH OF A DISTURBANCE FOR POWERSLAM TO BE AWAKENED. XENO'S SUIT AUTOMATICALLY CONNECTS A COMM SIGNAL TO THE INTERIOR OF THE POD.
<Xeno> 'ey, ya alright in there?
<Powerslam> ::stirs then looks around the inside of the pod:: What...? ...oh yeah ::mutters:: +com+ Who's there? ::looks to the windows::
<Xeno> +Com+ Its Joeseph, ya know, big guy that flies around in an armoured suit?
<Powerslam> ::blinks, at first trying to place the name then recognizes the flying suit part:: +com+ What's going on? The last thing I remember was... well... it wasn't this.
ACTION> ANOTHER PORTAL RIPPLES OPEN NEARBY THE TWO.
<Xeno> +com+ not sure, but lets get back to earth, shall we? ::pulls the pod into the portal::
<Powerslam> ...::mutters to himself:: why bother? it's nicer out here in the dead of space...
ACTION> THE PORTAL SNAPS SHUT BEHIND THEM.
*******ELSEWHERE*******
LOCATION> DOWNTOWN, NEW YORK, NEW YORK
SCENE> WHILE THE MAIN PORTION OF THE CITY IS BEING FOUGHT FOR BY THE PUBLIC EYE, THE DOWNTOWN AREA HAS BEEN NEGLECTED FROM ANY PROTECTION FROM THE INVADING ATLANTEANS. THE GROUND IS FLOODED UNDER BY AN AVERAGE OF 5 TO 6 FEET OF WATER.
ACTION> MAXIMUS BATTLEs A TROOP OF A COUPLE DOZEN ATLANTEAN SOLDIERS ARMED WITH STAFF WEAPONS IN A FLOODED STREET. THE COMMANDER OF THE TROOP STANDS ON A FLOATING PLATFORM WITH A COUPLE OF HIS SOLDIERS.
<Maximus> ::: pokes his head out of a window to check and see the location of the soilders ::::
ACTION> A FEW SOLDIERS UNLEASH BLASTS FROM THEIR STAFFS AT THE WINDOW, BREAKING IT APART AND SENDING MAXIMUS SPLASHING DOWN ONTO THE STREET.
<Maximus> ::: Growls as he falls into the water below as he resurfaces to catch his breath he raises both arms from the watter reviling his twin pair of 6.5 mm hand guns and beings firing into the group of soilders :::
<Maximus> Die! you Shoking Fish men!
ACTION> A FEW SOLDIERS ARE HIT BY HIS SHOTS AND FALLS. ONE SOLDIER SPLASHES UP FROM UNDER THE WATER AND HITS MAXIMUS WITH HIS STAFF, KNOCKING THE GUNS FROM HIS GRIP.
<Maximus> :: falls backwards from the hit looking at the fishman, noticing he has lsost his guns he pulls the only suvineer he brought with him from hellrock, a roman style gladiator short sowrd ::::
<Soldier> ::stabs at him with the glowing end of the staff::
<Maximus> ::: atempts to bat at the staff with the short sword ::::
ACTION> TWO MORE SOLDIERS MORE IN ON MAXIMUS.
<Maximus> :::: takes a deep breath and dives under the water and atempts to impaile the soilder infront of him with the sword ::::
ACTION> THE SOLDIER SLUMPS OVER, GOOD AS DEAD.
<Maximus> ::: pops back up and takes a breath looking for the location of the other Soilders ::: Come on you Tuna Come and meet your Maker!
ACTION> A MAN TOTALLY COVERED IN A BLACK BODY SUIT DROPS DOWN FROM ABOVE, MOVING WITH GREAT AGILITY AS HE NEVER TOUCHES THE WATER AND INSTEAD PROPELS HIMSELF OFF THE SOLDIERS TO THE PLATFORM. SMALL HORNS CAN BE SEEN PROTRUDING FROM THE FOREHEAD ON HIS MASK.
<Soldier1> Har! ::moves forward, stabbing at them man with the glowing tip of his staff::
ACTION> A COUPLE SOLDIERS TURN THEIR BACKS ON MAXIMUS, NOTICING THE NEW MAN.
<Daredevil> ::smoothly dodges and pulls on the staff, throwing the soldier off the platform and into the solders behind him, eyes gleaming red::
<Maximus> ::: takes the advantage and charges at one of the fishmen, and when he's within range he atempts to decapitate the Tuna-man ::::
ACTION> MAXIMUS SUCCEEDS IN KILLING THE SOLDIER, THE OTHER QUICKLY RETURNS HIS ATTENTION TO HIM.
<Soldier2> ::yells, swiping at Daredevil with the glowing end of his staff repeatedly and failing to make contact with him each time::
<Daredevil> ::catches the staff in its last swipe, kicking the soldier hard and wrenching it from his grip:: ... ::spins the staff around and shoves the glowing end through the soldier's faceplate::
<Maximus> :::: atempts to punch the second alantain as he turns his attention back to me ::::
ACTION> THE SOLDIER FALLS BACK INTO THE WATER.
<Commander> ::unsheathes his sword:: Die, air-breather!
<Daredevil> ::throws the staff at the commander like a spear:;
<Commander> Ha! ::dodges easily, the staff going past him and sticking into the ground::
<Maximus> :::: quickly atempts to thrust the sword into the fallen soilders chest ::::
ACTION> MAXIMUS HITS HIS MARK AS BLOOD BEGINS TO CLOUD UP THE WATER.
<Daredevil> ::glares at him:: Leave Downtown now, or you won't leave at all.
<Commander> ::laughs, charging at Daredevil and trying to behead him with his sword::
ACTION> DAREDEVIL EASILY EVADES THE ATTACK, SLAMMING HIS KNEE INTO THE COMMANDER'S STOMACH BEFORE THROWING HIM OFF THE PLATFORM AND IMPALING HIM ON THE STAFF. THE REST OF THE TROOPS MAKE A QUICK RETREAT WITH THEIR LEADER DEAD.
<Maximus> ::: rips the sword out of the chest of the fallen soilder and looks around for his next Kill ::::
<Daredevil> ::watches the Atlanteans retreat, standing on the platform::
ACTION> ANOTHER MAN APPEARS IN A BLACK BODY SUIT, EXCEPT WITH THE ADDITION OF RED DESIGNS AND A SHORT CAPE OF WEBBING, AND SWINGS ON A WEBLINE ONTO THE SIDE OF A MOSTLY DESTROYED BUILDING, EASILY RECOGNIZED AS SPIDER-MAN.
<Maximus> ::: Looks to Daredevil :::: and who are you? Friend or Foe?
<Spider-Man> Well here's a nice couple of guys that like to hit things. The tunas swam upstream and are regrouping a few blocks away. ::shoots a webline from the top of his wrist:: Be there or do something crazy like run away and live yourselves a nice long, happy life. ::swings off::
<Daredevil> ::ignores Maximus and leaps off the platform, following after Spider-Man by building ledge and poles:: They will learn the price of tormenting the people of Downtown.
<Maximus> :: shrugs and decides to follow :::: i have not killed enough for this day to end ((and if i'm lucky maybe one of theses blasted fish men will take my life in the end ))
*******ELSEWHERE*******
LOCATION> FLINT, TEXAS
SCENE> HAVING FOUND EACH OTHER A FEW DAYS PRIOR, FLUX AND KALI RUN DOWN A CITY STREET, FENDING OFF THE CITY'S POPULATION, WHO HAVE APPARENTLY BEEN DRIVEN MAD BY A RECENT VISIT FROM FAMINE. THEY CANNIBALIZE ONE ANOTHER, AND SOME TRY TO GO AFTER THE TWO MORLOCKS.
<Kali> ::Walks about rather warily, her wings warped about her like a cloak.:: Never thought I'd see things go worst...
<Flux> ::looks back nervously and then at Kali:: We have to get out of here quickly!
ACTION> A MAN TAKES NOTICE OF THE TWO AND RUNS AT THEM.
<Flux> ::draws her sword and holds it ready for attack::
<Kali> ::Spreads her wings open and summons a fireball, her eyes narrowing dangerously at the man.::
ACTION> THE MAN'S MIND IS TOO FAR GONE TO BE AFRAID AND LEAPS AT KALI.
<Kali> ::Blasts the fireball at the man's head and upper chest, closing her eyes after taking aim and firing.::
<Flux> ::quickly slices at the man as he leaps::
ACTION> THE MAN IS SWATTED AWAY BY FLUX AFTER BEING HIT BY THE FIREBALL AND BURSTS INTO FLAMES, ROLLING AROUND ON THE GROUND.
<Kali> Let's go... ::turns away in shame and starts to walk again.::
<Flux> ::stares at the man's body for a second and then follows after Kali::
ACTION> THE PEOPLE AROUND TAKE NOTICE OF THEM AND START TO APPROACH FROM ALL SIDES.
<Kali> ::Sighs quietly and looks up the sky and mutters a quick prayer and turns to face a few.::
<Flux> ::swallows hard and then turns her back to Kali to face the approaching people::
ACTION> PLASMA SHOTS ARE FIRED FROM ABOVE THEM, DRIVING THE PEOPLE OFF.
<Kali> ::Looks up quickly, eyes narrowing.::
<Flux> ::looks up, gripping the handle of the sword::
ACTION> A MAGLEV CAR HOVERS IN THE AIR ABOVE THEM. STANDING ON THE HOOD IS A WOMAN SEEMINGLY WITH AN ENTIRELY CYBERNETIC BODY, THOUGH HER HEAD HAS THE APPEARANCE OF A YOUNG WOMAN.
<Kali> I thank you, but may I ask why you helped us?
<Gally> ::looks at the two... recognizing Kali from the information she has on the morlocks:: my employer wants to make sure none of the morlocks come to a bad end
<Flux> ::gives Gally a confused look:: Your employer?
<Gally> ::smirks:: uh huh... big guy... armor, takes about himself in the third person and a former president
<Kali> Doom's alive... ::smiles bemusedly.:: I think Static had a bet going on that, didn't he?
<Gally> ::getts into the maglev and lands it next to the two:: but pleasentries aside... I think getting the shock out of here would be the best move
<Kali> ::Glances at Flux then to the car.::
<Flux> ::gives Kali a serious look:: Should we go?
<Kali> I trust doom more at this moment then these townsmen, and at the least we won't have to hurt these people.
<Gally> ::nods:: killing people who have obviously been forced to act against who they are is never good
<Gally> now I suggest we leave before they find any weapons
<Kali> ::Walks to the car and get's inside after folding up her wings.::
<Flux> ::sighs::Good idea ::follows Kali into the car::
<Gally> ::drives the maglev down the quickest route out of the town as fast as possible::
<Gally> now leaving hell... don't forget your suvinier handbaskets ::smirk::
*******ELSEWHERE*******
LOCATION> THE RUINS OF HALO CITY.
SCENE> A PORTAL RIPS OPEN IN SPACE, ALLOWING FOUR MEN TO STEP OUT. ONE IS SETH, ANOTHER IS CRUSADE, AND THEY ARE FOLLOWED BY RIPTIDE AND SLYM.
<Slym> ::looks around, walking further into the ruins:: Get on it, Seth. We can't afford to stay in this area for long.
<Seth> ::steps out, immediatley tuning his hearing to listen for anything out of the ordinary, seeing the ruins:: Oh Thor...
<Seth> ::gives a solemn nod to Slym, begins sending out sonar pulses of sound::
<Crusade> ::rises into the air, scanning their vicinity:: Area's secure, for now.
<Seth> ::crouches, gives a quick glance to Crusade, holding hands near the ground and listening:: ((Come on now, I know your hear somewhere))
ACTION> SETH FINDS WHAT HE'S LOOKING FOR A FEW METERS INTO THE RUINS IN AN AREA CLEAR OF RUBBLE.
<Seth> ::stands giving a relieving sigh:: I think I got it...::begins walking in the direction of the clearing, listening intently::
<Slym> ::gives a quick look at the others and follows Seth::
ACTION> SETH FINDS THE EXACT LOCATION, METERS BENEATH HIS FEET.
<Seth> ::stops, points beneath himself:: Here. ::steps aside::
<Slym> Riptide, do it.
ACTION> RIPSIDE STARTS TO SPIN, MOVING TO WHERE SETH STOOD. HIS TORNADO FORM STARTS DRILLING A WIDE HOLE IN THE GROUND.
<Slym> ::turns away from Riptide, shielding his eyes from the dirt::
<Seth> :;steps back more, watches, looking grim and squinting::
ACTION> RIPTIDE DISAPPEARS INTO A DEEP HOLE, SHOOTING BACK OUT AFTER A FEW MOMENTS. A CLOUD OF DUST KEEPS THEM FROM SEEING INTO THE HOLE.
<Crusade> ::flies down into the hole, disappearing in the cloud::
ACTION> CRUSADE EMERGES FROM THE HOLE, HOLDING THE LIMP FORM OF STATIC IN HIS ARMS.
<Crusade> ::lands, laying Static down on the ground::
<Seth> ::maintaining a rigid posture, eyeing Slym, maintaining his silence, walks toward Crusade as he emerges:: His condition?
<Crusade> Dead still.
ACTION> STATIC STARTS TO COUGHS, GROGGILY COMING TOO.
<Seth> ::shoots a look at Crusade:: I meant his body.
<Static`> ::Coughs, putting a hand to his head:: Ugh..::Eyes dart open as he remembers the battle, igniting his blades and looking around, quickly, starting to get to his feet::
<Seth> ::resists the urge to smile at the sound of Static's coughing:: Relax, we are friends.
<Static`> ::Looks around, seeing the lack of a battle:: What..what the shock happened? How long have I been dead? ::Eyes center on Seth:: ..aren't you supposed to be dead? ::Frowns::
ACTION> STATIC STARTS TO FEEL AN INCREASING PAIN IN HIS CHEST.
<Seth> I'm afriad much has happened. Save for myself, the Morlocks are dead. ::stares at Static::
<Seth> ::grim smile:: Myself and you, that is.
<Static`> Terrific..::Grimaces, reaching down to his chest:: I failed, then..Apocalypse took Halo City..
<Slym> ::eyes flicker to get their attention:: It's time to go. We're over the clock already.
ACTION> STATIC COLLAPSES FROM THE PAIN, HAVING TROUBLE BREATHING AS WELL. SETH CAN HEAR NOISES, SCRAPING SOUNDS, NEARBY.
<Static`> ..Argh..::Falls to his knees, covering his arms across his chest:: ..Can't..breathe..
<Seth> ::stands, looking solemnly again, crouches near Static, looks at the other:: There's something...or someone around here. ::points::
<Crusade> ::kneels down by Static:: Shock.. he's dying again!
<Slym> What? ::looks down at Static, then looks around::
ACTION> A WAVE SPIDER LEAPS OUT FROM BEHIND SOME RUBBLE AT THE GROUP AROUND STATIC.
<Slym> ::hits the spider with an optic blast, delfecting its path away from the others:: Pick him up! We're leaving, NOW!
<Static`> ::Gasps, trying to breath, his eyes closed tightly from the pain::
<Seth> Thor...::stands, trying to resist from letting his anger take over, grabs one of Static's arms::
ACTION> A COUPLE MORE WAVE SPIDERS CRAWL OVER THE PILES OF RUBBLE TOWARDS THEM.
<Riptide> ::starts spinning, hurling shurikens at one of the spiders:: Diediediediedie!!
<Seth> ::to Crusade:: Grab him and lets go.
<Crusade> ::grabs Static's other arm and leads them to a clear area:: I'll get the portal open!
<Slym> Make it quick! ::cuts through a pile of rubble under a Wave Spider with his blast, sending it tumbling down::
<Seth> Rest easy, my friend, we have you. ::takes a deep breath, heading back out towards the spiders blasting at any he see's::
ACTION> CRUSADE OPENS A PORTAL, TAKING STATIC THROUGH IT.
<Seth> It's open! ::falls back moving to the portal::
<Slym> ::takes a quick shot at another spider before heading after Seth::
ACTION> A SPIDER STOMPS DOWN ON RIPTIDE AS HE SPINS, SENDING BODY PARTS FLYING ABOUT.
<Static`> ::Grimaces in pain, as he goes through the portal:: ((Not again..hate..shocking..dying!))
ACTION> THE SPIDERS CHASES AFTER SETH AND SLYM AS THEY RUN TO THE PORTAL.
<Seth> ::watches Riptide's death, uncaring:: Poor clone. ::heads into the portal::
<Slym> ::dives into the portal after Seth, which closes behind him::
*******SIM END*******