*******SIM START*******
TIME> NEXT MORNING
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS HAVE BEEN CALLED INTO A MEETING ROOM INSIDE THE HAVEN'S MAIN BUILDING. THE ROOM HAS PLENTY OF COMFORTABLE SEATS FOR THEM, SITUATED AROUND A LARGE, OCTAGON TABLE. HOWEVER, ARCHANGEL HAS YET TO SHOW UP.
<Kali> ::Looks around penvisely, her face somewhat drawn in fear and deep thought.::
<Static> ::Sits in a seat, his mask up around his nose as he smokes and his feet up on the table::
<Predator> ::tapping her claws on the table::
<Jaxion> ::holds his face in his hands with his elbows on the table, yawning:: Want to go back to my bed.. not used to having a bed..
<Angel_Blue> ::already sitting at the table::
<Landslide> Joto seconds that.... Joto has been feeling tired lately... ::frowns and leans back::
<Synapse> ::sits at the table ignoring the others immersed in some sort of gadget he assembled from various spare parts he gleemed throughout the city during the assassination attempts::
<Powerslam> ::pulls the piece of crystal fountain out of his pocket and looks at it::
<Static> ::Takes a puff of his cigarette and mutters in a joking tone:: Hmmph..babies. ::Smirks, slightly::
<Jaxion> ::spreads his fingers enough to get a clear look at Powerslam:: Taking sourvenirs? Y'know there might be shops that sell little replicas of that statue in the courtyard. ::smirks::
<Kali> ::Chews on a long nail softly. :: It might make some money on the suface...
<Angel_Blue> ::fidgits::
<Powerslam> ::looks at Jax:: Why would I want a replica of a naked sculpture?
<Jaxion> More attractive to look at than a jagged shard? ::leans back in the chair, yawning again::
<Predator> Hello? Were we called here to sit or what?
<Jaxion> ::looks around:: Who you asking? heh..
<Powerslam> ::looks at the shard then shrugs:: This' the real crystal, who knows what the replicas are
<Predator> The walls. Anyone. ::mutters::
<Archangel> ::walks into the room, his wing fully healed:: I apologize. I was just checking on how Crusade was fairing.
<Static> ::Shrugs:: Hey, I'd be up for more drinking, if Archangel doesn't show soon..
<Landslide> ::bows his head::
<Kali> ::Sighs inwardly in relief.:: Is he doing well?
<Static> Speak of the angel. Hey Wings..what's the word?
<Archangel> ::sits down at one of the chairs:: His hand will regenerate so there will be no permanent damage. He is just angry.
<Predator> I'd be pissed if someone cut off my hand, too.
<Kali> ::Nods slightly.::
<Angel_Blue> ::only half listens to the conversation::
<Archangel> Cerebra should be returning from Halo City soon, the rest of the X-Men will remain there. She is bringing a man named Dust with her. He was apparently responsible for first bringing the business of the Mutant Messiah to their attention.
<Static> ::Nods:: I kinda know the feeling..
<Kali> Who.. who started this prophacy?
<Static> ::Perks up, noticably, sitting up in his chair a little his feet sliding down off the table:: Really? Uh..I mean..great. Good. Be nice to meet him.
<Predator> ::rolls her eyes::
<Kali> ::Mummers about silicone.::
<Archangel> I don't know who exactly started it. Writing were found of a precognitive mutant back in the 20th century. A few others around the turn of the century had their predictions recorded. Also one from a sorcerer.. and most recently Doom.. who constructed some type of probability machine.. they all seem to agree on the existance of the Mutant Messiah..
<Static> ::Frowns, slightly:: I've never heard about it, at all..
<Powerslam> Was anything else prophecized?
<Xeno> yes, ive heard nothing of the sort either
<Predator> What's the point and where do we fit in?
<Archangel> No one had really.. until this Dust person appeared in Halo City. Then Doom arrived to back up his claims.. over time other recorded predictions came to light.
<Angel_Blue> ((strange...))
<Landslide> ::listens and stays silent::
<Kali> ::Frowns again, closing her eyes to think.::
<Archangel> The prophecies can be rather cryptic.. The Coven finding this Haven was predicted. And the prophecies seem to attribute the Messiah's emergence to the past and continuing actions of yourselves. How exactly, I don't know.
<Static> ::Mutters slightly:: How come I never found any of these..::Scowls:: ((Shock..guess I didn't do as good a job of researching, as I always thought..))
<Kali> So one could twist it around? ::Looks embarassed.:: I've never trusted prophecies, fate...
<Archangel> Some parts are open to some interpretation, yes.. but too many of the predictions have already come true to simply discard everything.
ACTION> THE ENTIRE CITY BEGINS TO RUMBLE. STARTLED YELLS FIND THEIR WAY INTO THE MEETING ROOM, COMING FROM THE OTHER STARTLED PEOPLE IN THE BUILDING.
<Static> ::Smirks:: Some old weird guy told me a while back that I was gonna have a part in a "Great destiny" and the heroes were returning or something like that, a while back..that fit, at all? ::Snickers::
<Angel_Blue> ::blinks and looks around a bit::
<Xeno> ::blinks and jumps to his feet::
<Jaxion> ::grabs the arms of his seat, looking around:: This is normal or something, right?
<Powerslam> ::looks up at the cieling then stands up, putting the piece of crystal into his pocket:: Now what?
<Archangel> No. ::presses a series of lighted buttons that appear on the tabletop before him::
<Kali> ::Looks up again quietly.:: What could it be/
<Static> ::Blinks slightly and stands:: Something tells me that ain't good..what the shock is going on?
<Predator> ::eyes narrow, and she moves swiftly out of her chair::
ACTION> A HOLOGRAM FORMS ON THE TABLETOP, WHICH BECOMES THE WILD SURFACE OF THE LAKE. A MAN HOVERS IN THE AIR ABOVE, APPARENTLY THE SOURCE OF THE TURBELENCE AS ENERGY CRACKLES AROUND HIM LIKE LIGHTNING.
<Angel_Blue> ::stares at the hologram::
<Archangel> I do not recognize this man..
<Landslide> ::blinks and glares at the hologram::
<Powerslam> ::looks at the hologram, trying to see who it is::
ACTION> A BOY MATERIALIZES IN THE MAN'S ARMS, SEEN TO BE KAFT ON CLOSER LOOK. NO SOONER THAN THIS IS REALIZED DOES SAINT STRAFE-PORT THROUGH THE WALL INTO THE ROOM.
<Static> ::Looks at the hologram for a moment, not really paying too much attention:: Okay, looks like he decided to come knocking..::Puts his cigarette out on the table and lowers his mask:: Anyone else feel like answering the door?
<Saint> Kaft! He just disappeared! ::looks at them all, then at the hologram:: Oh.. er.. found him.
<Static> ::Eyes go wide at the image:: Okay, that's definitely bad, I think..
<Jaxion> ::stands up:: Don't suppose anything about this was predicted?
<Archangel> Come with me. There is an elevator that will take us to the surface. ::gets out of his seat and walks out of the room::
<Predator> ::stalks after Archangel::
<Angel_Blue> ::stands and follows after everyone::
<Kali> ::Follows quickly.::
<Static> ::Moves after Archangel, nodding:: Let's go kick his shockin' ass..
<Xeno> ::follows after::
<Synapse> ::glances around as everyone hurriedly exits the room...grabs his device and follows afters everyone else::
ACTION> A CRYSTAL PLATFORM FORMS ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE LAKE. THE ELEVATOR RISES UP TO AN OPENING IN THE PLATFORM, WHERE THEY SEE THE MAN STILL HOVERING HIGH IN THE AIR.
<Jaxion> ::looks up at the man:: Liked him better in the hologram..
<Powerslam> ::eyes narrow then forms an energy ball:: We can't do anything if he has Kaft...
<Angel_Blue> ::slowly points her hand at the man::
<Landslide> ::blinks and looks up at the man::
<Man> ::holds the unconscious Kaft in his arms:: The Mutant Messiah is mine. I will take him with me. Challenge my claim and become victims of my wrath! ::flickers with energy before disappearing with Kaft::
<Static> ::Glances up calmly:: How 'bout I just port up there, grab the kid and port back down? ::Watches his dissapear:: ..Or not..okay, who the Shock was that?
<Predator> ::snorts:: If the people are gonna float from now on... someone give me a bloody gun
<Xeno> looks like we have some chasing to do
<Kali> I guess... so.
<Sacrement> ::flies over to them, hovering in the air:: I think I can sense where he went. ::points to a mountain in the distance::
<Predator> I suppose these 'prophecies' say something about us saving this kid's ass
<Static> Right. ::Turns and starts walking in the direction of the mountain::
*******INTERLUDE*******
LOCATION> UNKNOWN.
SCENE> THE ATTEMPTED ASSASSIN STANDS BEFORE A SERIES OF VERTICAL TUBES, EACH CONTAINED A GREEN FLUID WITH SOMETHIGN GROWING INSIDE. HIS HOOD IS PULLED BACK, SHOWING HIM TO BE A BROWN HAIRED MAN WITH RED EYES, TALKING TO SOMEONE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TUBES.
<Man> ::speaks from behind the tubes:: His power is already growing. Soon he will be complete, Scott.
<Scott> ::nods:: I'm sorry that I failed... It's too late now.
<Man> It was too late the moment he entered the Haven. Perhaps, even from the time he was born.
<Scott> What if we destroy the Haven instead? Then he won't be able t-
ACTION> THE MAN WALKS OUT FROM BEHIND THE TUBES, THE DARK STRIPS OF HIS CAPE FLOWING BEHIND HIM. A RED DIAMOND IS BRANDED ON THE FOREHEAD OF HIS CHALK WHITE FACE, WHERE GLEAMING RED EYES GLARE.
<Sinister> ::interrupts him:: No. We will allow his "ascension" to occur. For now, remaining in the shadows is the only way to see to his death.
<Scott> Whatever you say, father.
*******INTERLUDE END*******
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS AND MEMBERS OF THE COVEN HIKE UP A PATH ON THE MOUNTAINSIDE, HEADING TOWARDS ITS PEAK WHERE THEY EXPECT TO FIND THE MAN WHO TOOK KAFT.
<Angel_Blue> ::staying towards the back of the group, looking at the ground as she walks::
<Rune> ::slides up the trail effortless, his body merged witht he rock and Sacrement sitting on his shoulder::
<Landslide> ::sweat trickling down his forehead:: Joto doesn't particularly enjoy this "hiking" of yours...
<Xeno> ::looks over to Angel:: is everything alright?
<Powerslam> ::stretches, walking with the group::
<Kali> ::Walks quietly along the path, looking around.::
<Angel_Blue> ::almost too soft to be heard:: i don't know... is it?
<Predator> ::smirks at Joto:: Shall i get behind and push?
<Archangel> ::walks at the front of the group, wings folded on his back::
<Powerslam> You've gotta wonder... why did he take Kaft? Why not just kill him like they tried before?
<Jaxion> ::follows behind Archangel, glancing over at the Haven's lake in the distance occasionally::
<Static> ::Hikes next to Priest:: Hmmph..Feel itching to kick a little ass..
<Priest> Good to see you haven't changed any. ::smirks::
<Archangel> There seems to be more parties involved in this than we suspected. This man may not be with those who are seekign to kill Kaft. Or as you said, he would have done so.
<Static> Nope..Just wish it was Genesis' sorry ass..::Muttering:: Reaaally wish it was that son of a glitch..
<Landslide> ::looks at Predator:: Joto Appreciates your kind offer, but Joto will try and manage..
ACTION> THE PATH LEVELS OFF INTO A MUCH WIDER AREA NEAR THE PEAK. THERE, THEY SEE KAFT CONTAINED IN AN ENERGY COCCOON HALF IMBEDDED IN A BOULDER.
<Powerslam> I don't need to be Preds to smell a trap...
<Angel_Blue> ::glances at kaft and backs up a few steps::
<Jaxion> What the shock is this guy doing to him?
<Priest> Revenge isn't healthy, Ethan, it'll just eat you upside inside until there's nothing left but hatred, anger, and fear...
<Landslide> Joto agrees on your assumption Powerslam, but what can we do other than to attempt to rescue him?
ACTION> THE MAN SUDDENLY APPEARS BETWEEN THEM AND KAFT. WILDLY CRACKLING ENERGY COMING FROM HIM FORCE THEM BACK A FEW FEET.
<Synapse> ::trails along behind the others making adjustments to his device::
<Kali> ::Frowns.:: The poor thing... one of us coud- ::Whinces and steps back.::
<Xeno> ::suits up, readying himself::
<Static> Know, don't care..the son of a glitch has to pay..::Trails off, seeing the men and stumbling back a few feet:: Looks like he'll just be first, though..::Ignites his energy blades::
<Angel_Blue> ::stumbles back::
<Man> I warned you of the consequences of your interference. None will prevent me from honing the Messiah into a force which will dominate this wretched planet.
<Synapse> ::watching his device rather than where he is going and walks right into xeno:: Oof...idiot.
<Predator> ::bares her claws:: Maybe he don't wanna be honed
<Powerslam> ::looks at the Man:: ((...reminds me of Doom... except we're still alive...))
<Man> I showed you my mercy by not destroying you in your so-called "Haven." Now you bear witness to my wrath!
<Static> ::Sends a sidelong glance at Predator, before glancing back at the man:: Yeah..maybe he wants us to kick the shockin' hell out of you instead, glitch. Got a name, before we hand you your ass?
<Priest> I've seen too many men like you, this world can't take much more of your ilk. Your wrath will be your undoing.
<Landslide> ::attempts to send a pillar of rock to crack the half part of the boulder that is stone and free Kaft::
<Powerslam> ::forms an energy ball, muttering:: ...reminds me of Doom...
ACTION> STATIC GETS NO ANSWER. INSTEAD, MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF ENERGY ERUPT FROM THE MAN, PAINFULLY COURSING THROUGH EACH OF THEIR BODIES AND LIFTING THEM INTO THE AIR.
*******SIM END*******