*******SIM START*******
TIME> SHORTLY PAST DAWN
SCENE> WITH ARCHANGEL AND THE BOY, WHOSE NAME IS KAFT, THE MORLOCKS HAVE BEEN DROPPED OFF IN A RATHER DESOLATE AREA. LONG DEAD TREES STAND ALL AROUND THEM AND BEFORE THEM IS A RATHER LARGE, AND POLLUTED, LAKE.
<Archangel> ::walks towards the lake:: I understand all of your skeptism. While the predictions have proven to be qutie convincing, I remain unsure. But I do know that hope of the Mutant Messiah is spreading. And hope in this world is a rare thing.
<Angel_Blue> ::looks around, frowning slightly at seeing the lake::
<Synapse> Lovely, this must be the number one tourist attraction throughout all of this oh so beautiful land.
<Predator> ::sniffs at the air with a disgusted look::
<Kali> ::Nods quietly looking around sadly.:: This must have been a beautiful place long ago...
<Static> ::Glances around at the area around them, scowling slightly and shaking his head::
<Synapse> Long, long, lonnng ago.
<Flux> ::looks around and then looks ar everyone's face wondering what they are upset about::
<Archangel> ::taps a button on the wristband he wears:: Beauty is always there. You simply must look harder.
ACTION> A CRYSTAL PILLAR RISES FROM THE GROUND IN FRONT OF THEM. THE SECTION FACING THEM OPENS TO REVEAL THE PILLAR TO BE HOLLOW.
<Xeno> ::stands behind Angel::
<Angel_Blue> ::watches the pillar:: ((wow...))
<Archangel> ::walks into the pillar with Kaft, turning and motioning for them to follow::
<Kali> ::Gasps and then follows carefully into the pillar.::
<Angel_Blue> ::slowly follows::
<Predator> ::eyes narrow:: ((What the hell?)) ::hesitates, then follows::
<Xeno> ::follows after Angel::
<Jaxion> ::steps into the pillar, looking it over from the inside:: Hunh...
<Flux> ::follows after the others::
<Static> Whoa..::Blinks and stares at the pillar for a moment, before following:: ((Shock..well, that was a surprise..))
<Synapse> ::rolls his eyes:: It's a giant, shiny...rock.
<Powerslam> ::eyes narrow at the pillar:: ((...okay... this' new....))
<Predator> ((Fancy... elevator?))
ACTION> AS THEY ALL ENTER, THE PILLAR CLOSED UP AGAIN AND SINKS BACK INTO THE GROUND. RATHER THAN THE SMALL, CONFINED SPACE OF THE PILLAR, THEY NOW FIND THEMSELVES STANDING AT THE START OF A TUNNEL, COMPOSED OF THE SAME CRYSTAL.
<Xeno> ::steps out of the pillar looking around::
<Powerslam> ::looks around at the crystal:: ((This' better than some raves on the net...)) ::snickers to himself::
<Angel_Blue> ::eyes widen at seeing the tunnel::
<Kali> How pretty! ::Inwardly flinches, knowing how childlike she sounded.:: So pretty... ::A embrassed yet pleased look is on her face.::
<Static> ::Glances around at the crystal:: Hunh. ::Quirks an eyebrow, looking around at the crystal and mildly admiring it:: Lemme guess..you have an underground city or something?
<Synapse> ::getting increasingly unimpressed but silently commits the layout of the place to memory:: Such an uninspired architectural design...
<Predator> What *is* this thing? ::puzzled look, taps on the wall lightly::
<Archangel> ::starts to walk down the tunnel, tapping Kaft on the shoulder for him to snap out of his staring and follow:: Or something.
<Angel_Blue> ::slowly follows again::
<Kali> Let him enjoy it for a while, I think he hasn't seen too many pleasant things.... ::Quietly walks down the hallway.::
<Xeno> ::follows also::
<Flux> ::looks around curiously as she follows the others::
<Predator> ((I suppose they manufacture crystal like plastic now or something..))
<Archangel> Trust me, Kali. It gets better. ::smiles::
<Jaxion> ::stays with the ground, running a hand along the crystal:: Haven't seen technology like this before.
ACTION> THE TUNNEL LEADS THEM TO WHERE THE LAKE SHOULD BE. BUT INSTEAD THEY ENTER AN ENORMOUS SPACE ENCLOSED BY A DOME CONTAINING A BEAUTIFUL CRYSTAL CITY. RIVERS OF CLEAN WATER CAN BE SEEN RUNNING THROUGH THE GROUND AND WALLS, SPRAYING OUT FROM VARIOUS FOUNTAINS.
<Powerslam> This' technology? ::looks at the crystal:: I suppose it'd have to be... to control it like that...
<Static> ::Slowly follows:: Hmm..::Looks around at the crystal for a minute more, before moving to catch up::
<Kali> Really? ::Eyes light up then glances at Jax.:: Is it man made?
<Angel_Blue> ::stares at the city::
<Predator> ::jaw drops, although she hides it quickly:: ...
<Xeno> wow...
<Static> ::Blinks and stares:: Amazing.
<Jaxion> ::looks around:: Shock.. ::glances at Powerslam:: Well I can't imagine any of this to have naturally formed..
<Powerslam> ::blinks then remembers to breath eventually:: Goodgod
<Xeno> this is remarkable ::walks forward::
<Kaft> ::finally says something:: Wow.. ::looks around, wide-eyed:: This has edge..
<Synapse> ::yawns:: There was a point in us coming down here, correct?
<Kali> ::Gasps, then smiles.:: I've never thought any thing so... beautiful under the ground...
<Predator> ((if they can make things that look like this... why the hell do they have those filthy rathole cities still?))
ACTION> UPON LOOKING AROUND MORE, PLANTLIFE IS NOTICED IN SMALL CONTAINED ECOSYSTEMS SEEMING TO SERVE AS PARKS. SEEN DEEPER INTO THE CITY A CRYSTAL STATUE OF A NUDE WOMAN STANDING ON A PODIUM OF FLAMES.
<Archangel> ::smiles down at Kaft as Rapture approaches:: Go with Rapture. She will have you fed and better clothed, then you are free to take a tour.
<Xeno> ::Still looks around in awe of the city::
<Powerslam> ::looks at the statue, whistling slightly:: Who's that?
<Rapture> ::smiles and nods hello to the Morlocks as she walks by, taking Kaft's hand and leading him off::
<Archangel> ::glances back at the Morlocks once Kaft is gone:: We found this place during our travels with a nomadic tribe. At first, we thought it to be abandoned but then we began to find bodies.. dead for many years..
<Predator> ::sharp look up at Archangel:: Bodies? What killed 'em?
<Synapse> ::examines the statue intently:: It's ireparably flawed, the artist most likely died poor and hungry.
<Kali> Oh...
<Static> ::Looks around the city, seeing the parks:: ((How did they manage to build something like this?)) Dead? Killed by something?
<Flux> ::frowns slightly at Synapse comment:: Have you nothing nice to say?
<Archangel> We were then assaulted by two beings with fanged mouthes on their palms. Startled, Crusade obliterated one of them.. the other managed to escape and has not been seen since.
<Angel_Blue`> ::still looks around, listening to the conversation with half an ear::
<Synapse> ::thinks for a moment then replies to flux:: No.
<Predator> Mouths? On their palms? ::grimaces::
<Powerslam> Fanged mouths on their palms?
<Kali> ::Frowns and taps her foot, trying to remember something.::
<Archangel> ::nods:: And we've never encountered technology like that which maintains the Haven. Rapture gets the impression that this crystal was once a living, sentient being. There are many mysteries to uncover about this place...
<Static> Odd mutation..::Scowls::
<Synapse> The fangs were physically on their palms? Terribly inefficient...
<Predator> Sentient rock? ::snorts::
<Angel_Blue`> a living being... ::trails off::
<Kali> Like coral?
<Powerslam> ::blinks, looking at the crystal:: Alive? What was it like... some giant living crystal cave? Or was it actually... a person? And does that mean it's alive now? ((...I bet it watches all the women change and take showers...))
<Archangel> ::smiles back at Predator:: It is a good thing Rune is not here right now, that comment would probably have insulted him.
<Xeno> ::looks to Archangel:: am i allowed to fly around?
<Predator> Coral ain't sentient.. ::glances back at Archangel:: In which case I would apologize... but I don't recall Rune being the size of a city
<Archangel> Of course.. all of you feel free to explore the city. When you are done, I will be in the main building in the city's center if you need me.
<Kali> How do we know? I remember hearing somewhere broli has a IQ of one.
<Xeno> ::Suits up and goes over to Angel:: wanna go have a look around?
<Kali> ::Mutters to herself.:: It reminds me of home. ::Sighs and her wings sag slightly.::
<Angel_Blue> sure ::small smile::
<Static> ::Looks around:: Hey..is Dono around?
<Predator> ::glances around, then heads toward one of the 'parks', intrigued by the plants::
<Xeno> ::picks her up and takes off over the city::
<Archangel> ::extends his wings, flapping them once and propeling himself into the air, turning to look back at Static:: I'm sure he is around somewhere. I would suggest looking in some of the parks.
<Angel_Blue> ::holds on tight to xeno's arm::
<Powerslam> ::looks around, wondering where to check out first::
<Kali> ::Walks slowly down the path, taking in all the beautiful sites.::
<Synapse> ::disappears into the crowd to explore the haven more fully...memorize the lay out for future reference...examine the technology more closely...that sort of thing::
*******INTERLUDE*******
SCENE> THE STREETS HAVE BEGUN TO BE INCREASINGLY CROWDED AS RUMORS SEEM TO SPREAD ABOUT THE MESSIAH BEING AROUND.
<Man> ::slips easily through the streets, heading towards the main courtyard:: ((Too many rumors to make sense of anything. But I saw the Morlocks here. The boy is the one.))
ACTION> TWO CHILDREN CHASE EACH OTHER IN THE BUSY STREET. ONE RUNS INTO INTO THE MAN, FALLING BACK ON HER BUTT.
<Man> ::slowly look down at the girl::
<Girl> ::looks up, seeing his eyes:: I.. I.. I..
<Man> ::reaches down, taking her arm and pulling her back to her feet:: You should be more careful out here. It's probably not safe to play in the streets until it calms down.
<Girl> ::blinks:: Calm down?? ::smiles brightly:: But the Messiah is here!
<Man> ::smiles:: Of course. ::watches as she runs off, then looks up at one of the walkways passing over the courtyard:: ((He is here.))
*******INTERLUDE END*******
SCENE> MOST OF THE RESIDENTS OF THE HAVEN HAVE GATHERED TOGETHER IN THE CITY'S MAIN COURTYARD, INCLUDING THE MORLOCKS AT THE BACK. THE CROWD'S ATTENTION IS FOCUSED TOWARDS A PLATFORM, WHERE THE COVEN STAND WITH KAFT.
<Angel_Blue> ::standing on her tip-toes, trying to look over the crowd::
<Powerslam> ::looks at the crowd, noticing a few good looking women before looking to the platform::
<Kali> ::Watches quietly, carefully.::
<Archangel> ::turns towards the crowd, addressing them with Kaft down at his side:: This young boy's name is Kaft. Last night, he was rescued from those who sought to harm him by the Morlocks. ::motions to them as various members of the crowd look at them::
<Xeno> ::is suited down and standing beside Angel:: want a boost?
<Predator> ::arms folded, is listening::
<Angel_Blue> uhm, it's okay..
<Angel_Blue> ::notices the crowd looking at them::
<Kali> ::Blushes, looking down at the ground.::
<Jaxion> ::leans against a wall with his arms crossed, smiles and nods at the crowd::
<Flux> ::closes her eyes just trying to ignore it::
<Archangel> We believe that Kaft is indeed the Mutant Messiah as proclaimed in the prophecies. The X-Men have returned to Halo City where they will consult with Dust and others on what will be done next.
<Static> ::Keeps his hands shoved in the pockets of his jacket as he listens and mutters under his breath:: Jam shame that is, too, about the X-Men..
<Predator> ((wonder why they called themselves that... what possibly made them think they were worthy of a name like that...)) ::faint scowl::
ACTION> FROM AN ANGLE ABOVE THE CROWD, A BEAM OF ENERGY STRIKES DOWN TOWARDS KAFT. A DOME OF ENERGY IS REFLEXIVELY ERECTED AROUND HIM, WHICH REFLECTS THE BEAM OFF INTO A NEARBY FOUNTAIN THAT IS SHATTERED BY THE BLAST.
<Angel_Blue> ((i hope they let us stay here for a wh-)) ::blinks::
<Archangel> ::quickly pulls Saint and Kaft back, moving ahead of them and extending a wing to shield them from the crystal shards::
<Powerslam> ::eyes dart around to find the source of the beam::
<Jaxion> ::pushes himself off the wall and looks up, trying to find the blast's source:: What the shock?!
<Kali> ::Looks up in surpise then over her shoulder.::
<Predator> ::looks up, eyes narrowing, searching for the originator of the beam::
ACTION> A MAN IN A BLACK HOODED CLOAK STANDS ON A WALKWAY THAT PASSES HIGH ABOVE THE CROWD. HE TAKES OFF DOWN THE WALKWAY AS PEOPLE IN THE CROWD START POINTING UP AT HIM.
<Crusade> ::rockets off the platform, heading up towards the walkway::
<Xeno> ::quickly suits up and looks towards the man::
<Kali> ::Rasies up to the sky and flies after the man.::
<Predator> ::heads for the walkway, pushing through the crowd::
<Xeno> ::flies towards the man as well::
<Angel_Blue> ::follows in preadator's wake::
<Jaxion> ::pushes his way through the crowd as well, heading for the stage::
<Rapture> ::runs over to Kaft, checking if he's alright::
<Predator> ::scans for some way to reach the high walkway, then hisses and changes direction, pushing toward the stage instead::
<Angel_Blue> ::pauses and tries to determine if she can hit the man from this distance::
<Man> ::races down the walkway towards where it moves between some buildings for cover::
<Kali> ::Beats her wings then throws a fireball at the man's back::
<Archangel> ::grimaces, looking back at Kaft, his wing bleeding from the crystal shards::
<Angel_Blue> ::tries to fire at the walkway about ten feet in front of the man::
<Xeno> ::flies above the man, sending a sonic blast down at him::
<Kali> ::Frowns lightly and turns around to see the situation and pauses, unsure what to do for the moment.::
<Predator> ::snarls, unable to reach the fight, then moves to shield Kaft and be of some use::
ACTION> THE MAN'S CLOAK SEEMS TO HAVE PROTECTED HIM FROM KALI'S FIREBALL. THE MAN SPINS AROUND QUICKLY, FIRING OFF A BLAST FROM HIS EYES THAT SLAMS INTO XENO.
<Xeno> ::flies back, trying to catch himself in the air::
<Man> ::continues down the walkway, which does not break from Angel Blue's blast::
<Kali> ::Eyes widen then flies after the man still.::
<Crusade> ::flies past Xeno, speeding after the man:: I have him!
<Xeno> ::flies forward again::
<Angel_Blue> ((there's no way i could get over there in time..))
ACTION> A PORTAL OPENS UP DIRECTLY IN THE MAN'S PATH, WHO RUNS INTO IT AS CRUSADE REACHES FOR HIM. THE PORTAL SNAPS CLOSED WITH CRUSADE'S HAND INSIDE.
<Static`> :::Tries to port in front of the guy onto the walkway, igniting his energy blades:: Last stop, pal.
<Angel_Blue> oh my..
<Powerslam> ::skids to a halt after awhile on the crystal, trying not to hit somebody in front of him:: More portals?
<Crusade> Agh! ::slams into Static abd skids along the floor, coming to a stop and holding his forearm:: Shockin'..! ::looks where his hand once was, seeing a cleancut wound of some bloody flesh mixed with circuitry::
<Kali> ::Lands near Crusade and looks at his hand.:: Oh god...
<Rapture> ::moves over to Archangel, using her powers to begin to heal his wing::
<Crusade> ::groans, standing up and holding his arm:: Don't worry about it. It'll grow back.
<Kali> Okay... ::Frowns lightly.:: Did you see anything..? ::Looks at Static.:: Are you all right?
<Static`> ::Shakes his head:: I'm fine..just got the wind knocked out of me..::Pulls himself to his feet:: Same guy who was killing those people in alleys?
<Crusade> ::shakes his head:: That was a group of people, saw them once. He didn't match up with any of them. ::walks back down the walkway:: Same portal signature though.
<Kali> ::Frowns again, deeper this time.:: I see...
*******SIM END*******