*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> WORCESTER, MASSACHUSETTS. THE AREA REFERRED TO AS THE "BACKROADS," WHERE THE POOR AND HOMELESS OCCUPY.
TIME> 11:32 P.M. A WEEK LATER.
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS WALK DOWN A STREET IN THE BACKROADS; LITTERED WITH GARBAGE, JUNK, AND PEOPLE PROBABLY DRUGGED OUT OF THEIR MINDS. NOISE FROM DEEPER INTO THE CITY IS MIXED WITH THE BARELY RECOGNIZABLE MUMBLING AND WHISPERING OF THE PEOPLE AROUND THEM.
<Angel_Blue> ::meekly walks with the others, with a look that suggests that something's on her mind::
<Kali> ::Walks quietly along the street, glacing at the occasonal children who aren't drugged out and looking hungery.::
<Xeno> ::walks beside angel:: whats wrong? ::looks to her::
<Firewall> ::looks around as he walks down the street:: ((Shock, what a mess...))
<Angel_Blue> ::looks up at xeno:: oh.. nothing important...
<Static`> ::Shoves his hands into the pockets of his trenchcoat, scowling at the scenery around them::
<Predator> ::pacing along, nostrils flaring every so often at some scent or another::
<Flux> ::walks behind Xeno and Angel looking at the people and then quickly turning away from them and looks at her feet::
<Xeno> you sure?
<Landslide> ::jolly look on his face, despite the poverty around him::
<Angel_Blue> ::bites her lip slightly:: yeah
<Jaxion> ::walks near the front of the group with his hands in his jacket pockets::
<Powerslam> ::walks with everybody, looking around:: ((What a pit...))
ACTION> A BRIEF SERIES OF FLASHES AND CRASHING FROM AN ALLEY FURTHER AHEAD DRAW THE MORLOCKS' ATTENTION.
<Synapse> ::glowers at no one in particular and mutters to himself his arms folded tightly across his chest and his hand shoved securely under his armpits as he trudges along at a faster than neccessary pace:: No, you're not getting out. Not again...won't let you...
<Landslide> ::arches a brow:: What was that bright light?
<Predator> ::raises her head, looking toward the alley sharply, quickening her pace towards it::
<Xeno> alright, tell me if anything does bother you, alright?
<Angel_Blue> um... ::looks towards the alley:: we'd better go check that out..
<Kali> ::Turns her head up and looks down it.:: What's... ::Walks towards the alley.::
<Static`> ::Squints at the flashes:: Well, 'bout time we saw some action again..::Starts to head in the direction of the alley::
<Angel_Blue> ::trails behind the others going towards the alley::
<Jaxion> ::pulls his hands out of his pockets and moves to the alley as well, eyes narrowing:: Probably just a few thugs that got their hands on a flashy gun..
<Flux> ::stands there unsure what to do, but then follows after the group::
<Synapse> ::slows up as the others charge towards the alley::
<Powerslam> ::heads to the alley with everybody else, snickering:: ((Could be a trap... of course, it's not like we haven't had our share of those...))
<Xeno> ::follows close after angel::
<Landslide> ::follows behind Jax and Static::
ACTION> THE ALLEY SLOPES DOWNWARD FOR A FEW METERS AND CONTINUES FORWARD ON A DARK PATH THAT TURNS OFF BETWEEN TWO OTHER BUILDINGS. TWO BODIES ARE SPRAWLED OUT ON THE RAMP, ONE ALMOST SHREDDED AND THE OTHER CRUSHED DOWN ON THE PAVEMENT.
<Angel_Blue> ::sees the bodies and puts a hand over her mouth::
<Firewall> ::looks at the bodies then looks away:: Oh Shock...
<Static`> ::Swallows at seeing the bodies, shaking his head:: Shock..doesn't look like it was just some flashy gun..
<Jaxion> ::looks at each body for a moment:: Or I'm mistaken.. ::looks further down the alley:: Had to have gone that way. ::walks into the alley::
<Predator> ::sniffs the air, seeing the bodies, eyes narrowing a bit::
<Kali> Oh my god... ::Dashes into the alley.::
<Landslide> ::closes his eyes and lowers his head:: ((Will it never end...))
<Powerslam> ::looks at the bodies:: ((Hmm... suspicious...))
ACTION> AROUND THE CORNER IS A LARGE ENCLOSED SPACE WITH VARIOUS, MAKESHIFT HOMES MADE OUT OF JUNK. MORE RECENTLY DEAD BODIES LAY ABOUT AS A PORTAL CLOSES UP.
<Synapse> ::while the others are occupied with whatever is transpiring in the alley, falls back to one of the indigants on the street who looks to be in terrible pain from withdrawals::
<Predator> ::crouches down near one of the bodies, inspecting it more closely, then stands and heads after the others::
<Angel_Blue> ::follows everyone further into the alley and stops at seeing more bodies::
<Kali> What happened here? ::Kneels to next to one of the body and sees how it was killed.::
<Flux> ::looks back at Synapse:: ((What is he doing?))
<Jaxion> ::glares at where the portal was a moment ago:: Whoever it was, they're quick about it.
<Xeno> ::looks towards the fresher dead people::
ACTION> PREDATOR NOTICES THAT THERE IS SOMEONE STILL ALIVE NEARBY, HIDDEN AROUND SOME OF THE WRECKED "HOUSES."
<Powerslam> ::looks to the portal:: Anyway we could track that?
<Angel_Blue> ((bad enough we're in a place like this already, and now bodies....))
<Predator> ::narrows her eyes, approaching the house silently::
<Synapse> ::crouches down next to him and run his finger down the indigant's cheek:: No one should have to suffer like this...
<Static`> ::Heads down into the alley, looking around at the dead bodies, then at the portal, flinching slightly:: ((Another teleporter, maybe? Hunh.))
<Static`> <<Night Ren.>>
<Firewall> ::follows everyone around the corner to the rest of the bodies:: This is insane...
<Flux> ::silently watches Synapse::
<Jaxion> ::walks further into the little living space, looking around:: This seems too... random for someone that can cause this kind of damage so fast.
<Kali> ::Looks around again and frowns.:: Not one sign..?
<Synapse> ::holds his hand out in front of the indigant's forehead and deactivates the force fields in his guantlet allowing one of his little friends to lunge out like a rabid beast released from a snare, burrow through the indigant's flesh and skull, and quickly devour the poor wretch's brain like tapioca pudding:: No one should have to suffer...
<Static`> So I guess that leaves us the question of "Why?", then..::Looks back at where the portal was, for a moment, shaking his head::
ACTION> PREDATOR FINDS A YOUNG BOY HIDDEN BACK THERE, ABOUT 10 OR 11 AND SEEMINGLY UNHARMED. HIS CLOTHES ARE RATHER RAGGED, FITTING FOR THE AREA HE'S IN, AND HAS SHOULDER-LENGTH, DARK HAIR.
<Flux> ::makes a small gasp as she watches Syn and quickly covers her mouth::
<Predator> ((hrm... thought I smelled a live one... ah, there he is..)) ::crouches down, eyeing the boy for a few seconds:: You see what happened out there?
<Synapse> ::turns his head quickly in flux's direction as the parasite lunges back into his hand::
ACTION> THE BOY LET'S OUT A SCREAM WHEN PREDATOR GETS CLOSE, CRASHING OUT FROM THE JUNK AND RUNNING RIGHT INTO ANGEL BLUE.
<Predator> hmp... Boo. ::saunters out after the kid runs into Angel::
<Jaxion> Whoa! ::turns around quickly, startled by the kid::
<Angel_Blue`> ::blinks at the kid:: wow.. hey there little one...
<Kali> ::Looks behind her and stands up quietly.:: Poor thing..
<Angel_Blue`> ::kneels down to the kid's height:: don't be scared, we're good guys
<Synapse> ::wipes his now bloody hand off on the fresh corpse's tattered clothing while scanning the area where he heard the gasp come from:: Come out, come out whereever you are... ::stands and slowly stalks towards flux::
<Flux> ::looks at Syn and then at the indigant and then back at Syn slightly frightened::
<Powerslam> ::watches Preds and the kid:: Isn't she just the perfect mother figure? ::slight grin::
<Static`> ::Turns in the direction of the kid, quirking an eyebrow::
<Xeno> ::looks back:: everythin alright? ::to flux::
ACTION> A BLUR OF MOTION MANEUVERS THROUGH THE MORLOCKS, FISTS SLAM INTO BOTH STATIC'S AND POWERSLAM'S STOMACH IN PASSING, KNOCKING THE WIND OUT OF THEM. THE BOY IS SNATCHED AWAY AS WELL.
<Angel_Blue`> ::stares at where the kid was and then looks around wildly, getting to her feet:: where'd he go??
<Static`> ::Gasps and doubles over, his hands going to his stomach::
<Predator> ::hisses, dropping to a crouch, claws extending, trying to see where the blur went::
<Powerslam> ::doubles over, clutching his stomach:: Ugggh
<Meanstreak> ::skids to a stop on the other side of the living space, setting the boy down:: The kid's clear!
<Flux> ::backs away from Synapse and then quickly turn on her heels and runs towards the group::
<Powerslam> ::stands up straight, muttering slightly:: Little punk
<Kali> Who are you? Leave the child alone!
<Static`> ::Coughs, putting his hand against a wall, to steady himself:: What the hell was that? They come back to finish the job? ::Pushes away from the wall, igniting his energy blades::
<Predator> ::scans the area for whoever Meanstreak was calling to, braced for an attack::
<Angel_Blue> ::frowns at meanstreak:: did you do this?!? ::motions to the bodies::
ACTION> CRYSTAL SPIKES RISES UP FROM THE GROUND BETWEEN ALL THE MORLOCKS, SCATTERING THEM IN THE LIVING SPACE.
<Xeno> ::suits up and floats into the air::
<Synapse> ::follows her at his own leasurely pace:: Oh, now look what you've gone and done, little one. ::pauses:: I made a rhyme. ::laughs jovially:: She'll have to be dealt with in time...
<Angel_Blue> ahh! ::raises her hand and blasts at one of the crystals::
<Jaxion> ::stumbles back from one of the spike, getting himself cornered:: Shock!
<Firewall> ::looks to the new arrival:: What the... who are you? And what happened here?
<Static`> ::Grits his teeth:: Alright..now you're shockin' pissing me off. ::Tries to port over towards Meanstreak::
<Predator> ::hisses, raking at one of the spikes with her claws experimentally::
<Powerslam> Shock, what the hell is this? ::jumps back from the spikes near him::
<Xeno> ::flies up over the spikes::
<Flux> ::backs away from the spikes:: ((no no no no no no...))
ACTION> A BULKY MAN MADE OF METAL DROPS DOWN FROM ABOVE, SLAMMING INTO XENO FROM BEHIND AND SENDING HIM SMASHING THROUGH ONE OF THE SPIKES.
<Xeno> crrraaaaaappp ::hits teh ground and slides::
<Firewall> ::pulls out his sword, testing the spikes in front of him::
<Metalhead> ::lands on another spike, crushing it::
ACTION> THE SPIKES DOWN SEEM VERY STRONG, JUST SHARP.
<Xeno> ::gets up:: thats it ::fires a few rockets at metal head::
<Angel_Blue> ::begins to try and carefully maneuver through the spikes, when the spaces aren't too small::
<Metalhead> Ugn! ::gets nailed by the rockets, flying through more spikes and into the wall::
<Static`> ::Moves to port behind Meanstreak, drawing back his arm to slam a neural blade through the back of his head::
<Firewall> Hmmm... ::pulls back his sword and swings it hard at the spikes in front of him::
<Synapse> ::keeps his distance from the scuffle:: You boys were always my only friends...I knew it wouldn't be long before something like this would happen
<Xeno> ::flies into the air and sends a sonic pulse down at metal head::
<Meanstreak> ::disappears from where he was standing in a blur::
<Predator> ::charges at Metalhead, baring her teeth in a grin:: Let's see how tough you are, hmm?
<Angel_Blue> ::blasts at a few of the crystals to make a space and continues on::
<Static`> Shock! Too slow. ::Grits his teeth, porting a few feet away and looking around for Meanstreak::
ACTION> A RED SKINNED, MONSTROUS LOOKING CHARACTER WITH WINGS SWOOPS PAST XENO, SWIPING HIS VISOR WITH HIS CLAWS AND CAUSING THE SONIC PULSE TO MISS. IT INSTEAD SHATTERS A BUNCH OF THE SPIKES, SENDING CRYSTAL SHARDS AT EVERYONE.
<Angel_Blue> ah! ::holds her arms up in front of her face::
<Flux> ::raise her arms to protect herself from the shards::
<Xeno> 'ey ::looks for the red skinned guy::
<Powerslam> ::covers his face with his arm, wincing as a few shards imbed themselves in his arm and side::
<Firewall> Shock! ::raises his sword, turning it into a shield to partially cover himself::
<Metalhead> ::gets back to his feet, seeing Predator coming:: Out of my way, girl.
<Predator> ::grimaces at the crystal shrapnel, bracing herself to leap at Metalhead:: Not a chance
<Static`> ::Ports a short distance away from the incoming shards, looking around for any other attackers::
<Flux> ((I have to do something... I have to help them)) ::tries to reach out with powers to see if there is anything mechanical she can control::
<Bloodhawk> ::loops around Xeno, giving him a hard target::
<Angel_Blue> ::frowns down a bit at her blue blood::
<Powerslam> ::pulls out a few crystal shards, muttering:: So where's the one controlling the crystal?
<Xeno> ::flies up sending a sonic pulse down at blood hawk::
ACTION> THE WIDE PULSE NAILS BLOODHAWK, SENDING HIM SKIDDING ALONG THE GROUND.
<Meanstreak> ::speeds past Powerslam, knocking him off his feet::
<Xeno> ::flies down, shooting a repulsor beam at the downed bloodhawk::
<Angel_Blue> ::starts blasting more of the crystals, to clear the battlefield::
<Powerslam> ::mutters, skidding into a garbage hut::
ACTION> XENO'S SUIT FREEZES UP, REGISTERING A MASSIVE POWER DRAIN.
<Xeno> what the?? ::attempts to turn on secondary power::
<Kali_> ::Blasts away at a crystal with a fire ball.::
<Static`> ::Ports himself to stand over Bloodhawk, ready to stab him with his blades:: Alright, ugly..who the hell are you, and why the hell did you attack us and these people?
<Firewall> ::continues hewing down crystals in the way::
<Predator> ::goes after Metalhead again, kicking a few crystals out of her path::
ACTION> CRYSTAL STARTS TO FORM AROUND POWERSLAM. HE CAN SEE A WOMAN STANDING ON THE SIDELINES APPARENTLY GUIDING THE CRYSTAL.
<Flux> ::closes her eyes trying to concentrate on Xeno's suit::
<Powerslam> ::looks over at the woman, standing up then forms an energy ball, sending it at the woman but to just miss her::
<Skullfire> ::steps out from behind Xeno, crackling with energy after absorbing most of Xeno's::
<Kali_> ::Attacks skullfire with a blast of fire.::
<Skullfire> ::disperses the flame blast with a blast of electicity:: Ah!
<Predator> ::leaps at Metalhead, claws raking toward him::
<Xeno> ::attempts to keep in the air::
<Flux> ::quickly tries to manuver herself through the crystals and over to Xeno::
<Krystalin> Ah! ::lose her concentration when the ball explodes by her::
ACTION> PREDATOR'S CLAW SPARK AGAINST METALHEAD, DOING NO DAMAGE.
<Powerslam> The next one won't miss... but I don't want to shatter you or anything, so I'd suggest you stop.
<Static`> Shock it..Not getting any answers out of you, apparantely..::Mutters and moves to stab the blade downward into Bloodhawk, to try and put him out of the fight::
<Skullfire> ::tosses off his jacket, which caught on fire::
<Predator> ::eyes widen:: ((What the heck is this guy made of?)) ::drops to the ground instead, charging at MH's knees in an attempt to topple him::
<Bloodhawk> ::roars, lashing his wings out and throwing Static back::
<Powerslam> The next one won't miss... ::forms an energy ball:: whether or not I send it is up to you.
<Synapse> ::yawns:: Perhaps we should have intervened, it would have ended this childish scuffle long ago.
<Firewall> ::forms his sword into a club and swings it at Bloodhawk::
<Static`> Oof! ::Goes flying backwards, teleporting out of the way, before he slams into the wall::
<Metalhead> ::barely budges:: I told you.
<Kali_> ::Shoulders square slightly before leaping to attack SF.::
<Xeno> ::hits the ground with a crash:: ow..
<Bloodhawk> Ugh! ::stumbles away from Firewall::
ACTION> ARCHANGEL SWOOPS DOWN FROM THE SKY, CARRYING A DARK HAIRED WOMAN WITH HIM AS HE LANDS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIGHTING.
<Static`> ::Squints, looking around the battlefield towards Metalhead and teleporting towards him, trying to land on his back, to get into position to stab him with a blade::
<Flux> ::rushes towards Xeno:: Are you alright?
<Predator> ::backs away from Metalhead, scowling::
<Archangel> ::sets the woman down, yelling out to everyone:: STOP FIGHTING!
<Xeno> i think so... ringing in my ears ::gets the secondary power online:: not it ::stands up::
<Kali_> ::Pauses and glances behind her.::
<Static`> Huh? ::Looks up from where he's clinging onto Metalhead's back, his arm drawn back::
<Flux> ::looks up at Archangel::
<Firewall> ::lowers his sword and looks up at Archangel:: What the?
<Archangel> ::wraps his wings around himself:: There has been a... misunderstanding here, obviously.
<Predator> ::stands up, folding her arms:: Lemme guess... they thought we're the ones who trashed this place.
<Synapse> ((Yes, someone obviously misunderstood the definition of real combat.))
<Kali_> ... Creatainly is... I'm starting to belivie ::she gestures to the others.:: these people aren't the ones who did this... horror?
<Archangel> Those responsible for the slaughter are gone. ::looks around:: Where is the boy? They were after him.
<Powerslam> ::looks at Archangel:: They were after the kid?
<Static`> Uh..So they're good guys, then? ::Looks down at Metalhead and shuts down his blades:: Heh..uh..Sorry.
<Metalhead> No problem. ...You can get off my back now.
<Predator> ::smirks:: Maybe he likes it up there
<Xeno> ::mutters about having to recharge him power cells now::
<Skullfire> ::Steps back from Kali:: No, we're um.. the X-Men. Who are you?
<Firewall> Well, if they didn't do this... who did?
<Predator> ::smirk fades:: ..the X-Men, are you?
<Static`> Right..::Jumps down, looking towards Archangel and the woman, quirking his eyebrows behind the mask as he eyes her:: ((And who..is that?)) Err..what? ::Looks towards Skullfire:: Did you just say you're the X-Men? ::Blinks, slightly::
<Kali_> We're the Morlocks..
<Archangel> We don't know their identities. Quickly, what has happened to the boy?
<Predator> Speedy there grabbed him. Don't tell me ya lost him.
<Powerslam> Okay, yeah... the X-Men... there's a good one ::snickers::
<Jaxion> ::hands waving out froma pile of crystal spike:: Over here! ...Need help!
<Xeno> ::goes over to Jaxion and pulls off the crystal spikes::
<Jaxion> ::stands up, holding the unconscious boy:: A chunk of crystal knocked him cold.
<Cerebra> ::quickly moves from Archangel's side towards Jaxion and the boy::
<Kali_> You all right Jax- ::Breaks out into a smile.:: Good work!
<Archangel> ::looks at Jaxion and the boy, then at the rest of the Morlocks:: It is good to see you all again.
<Static`> ::Looks towards Jax, as he gets free, as well as Cerebra, his eyes lingering on her for a moment, before shaking his head and looking back to Archangel:: Yeah..how's the Coven? Dono doing alright?
<Flux> ::looks at Archangel somewhat confused:: ((...again?))
<Kali_> ::Glances at static, then looks slightly embarrased and looks quietly at the boy her expression becoming normal. She crosses her arms over her chest then glances to Archangel.:: Who's after the boy?
<Archangel> Many are. He may in fact be the Mutant Messiah. We have all recently become aware of prophecies fortelling of his coming. Why someone would wish to harm him.. I don't know. We have been trying to find him for some time.
<Predator> ...Mutant Messiah? ::skeptical look::
<Powerslam> ::raises an eyebrow, leaning against whatever is near that holds his weight, watching everybody:: ((Mutant Messiah... okay...))
<Kali_> ::Frowns, puzzled.:: Prophecies?
<Xeno> ive never heard of this phrophicy
<Flux> ::looks at the boy and then smiles slightly::
<Firewall> ::looks at the boy, then to Archangel:: Really? Wow...
<Static`> Mutant Messiah? Oookay..::Sends another glance at Cerebra, before mentally kicking himself:: ((Damnit, Ethan..don't stare..))
<Synapse> ((Mindless prattle...we should move on from here, move on from these simpletons))
<Archangel> The rumors of the Mutant Messiah have been spreading recently. Before, he was unknown. Many different prophecies.. some from earlier in the century, others given by the clairvoyant only recently. All agree on one thing, an incredibly powerful mutant will come and change the world. We believe this is him. ::motions to the boy::
<Static`> ::Frowns, slightly:: I never remembered reading about any prophecies, like that..
<Powerslam> Just how will he change the world? ::skeptical look:: And what's to keep it from being a change for the worse? If it's possible?
<Predator> ::snorts:: And you actually believe a load of hocus crap like that?
<Archangel> The translations tell of a better future for mutants and humans alike. Come with me, and I will tell you more at the Haven. The prophecies include you as well.
<Kali_> ::Eyes narrow slightly at this then for a moment she closes her eyes.:: At the least, we can understand what's after them. (Please, don't let it be...)
<Powerslam> We're in the prophecies? ::snickers::
<Predator> ::shakes her head:: Great.
<Flux> ::blinks:: All of us?
<Static`> Hmm..remember some old guy mentioning something about a destiny..maybe he was talking about this..::Shrugs, glancing towards Cerebra, again:: ((Drooling would be bad..))
<Xeno> or just us in general?
<Archangel> As I said, all will be explained at the Haven. We must leave now, and get the boy to safety.
<Predator> ::undertone to Static:: Would you cut it with the pheromones already?
<Kali_> ::Looks to the ground slightly.::
<Static`> ::Looks away and manages an innocent expression, before coughing:: I have no idea what you're talking about..uhm..to the Haven then, I guess..
<Firewall> ::shrugs:: All right, let's go.
*******EPILOGUE*******
SCENE> MERE MOMENTS AFTER THE DEPARTURE OF THE MORLOCKS, SCAVENGERS HAVE SWARMED INTO THE LIVING SPACE IN SEARCH OF CLOTHES, FOOD, DRUGS, AND ANYTHING OF VALUE LEFT BY THE DEAD.
ACTION> AMIDST THE CHAOS OF THE LOOTING, A FIGURE EMERGES OUT OF NOWHERE AND WANDERS THROUGH THE SCAVENGERS, OBLIVIOUS TO HIS PRESENCE.
<Man> The master will be pleased. ::stops for a moment by a man prying the cybernetic implants from a corpse::
<Voice> As he should be...
<Man> ::makes no reaction to the presence of a cloaked man emerging from some ripples in space, also going unnoticed by the other people::
<CloakedMan> It is impressive how you have managed to subtly orchestrate all of this.
<Man> This is the way it was meant to happen. I am merely the following its will.
<CloakedMan> Your master cannot be allowed to succeed. This is not over.
<Man> The beginning has yet to come. Beware, X-Man, for you have survived this long... ::walks away, disappeared around the corner::
*******SIM END*******