*******PROLOGUE*******
SCENE> SNEAKING AHEAD OF THE MORLOCKS, THE VAMPIRE GROUP GATHERS AT THE STEEP EDGE OF A CANYON.
<Trey> ::crouches down and leans over the edge:: Yeah, this will work shockin' great! Morlocks're headed here, perfect place to ambush 'em!
<Vampire1> ::looks over Trey shoulder, laughing:: Yeah! Yeah! I want their blood! Cover myself with their blood!
<Trey> ::strikes back, smashing his elbow into the vampire's face:: We're not going to kill them, idiot!
<Vampire1> ::falls back, blood soaked hands covering his face:: W-w-why not?!
<Vampire2> ::snarls:: This is pointless! We've been dropped by every corporation since Doom came along! The Morlocks are meaningless to us now! Not worth the shocking risk!
<Vampire1> ::scrambles back to his feet:: Y-yeah! Let's go back to the master!
<Trey> NO! ::stands quickly, hitting the vampire in the face again with a swift kick:: We will NOT go crawling back to the master!
<Vampire2> You're just afraid he'll kill you!
<Trey> I fear nothing! Once we capture the Morlocks, the corporations will be begging for us! No corporation in the world doesn't want something from the Morlocks!
<Vampire2> You have turned us into corporate lackeys!
<Trey> Ahh! ::grabs him by the throat, lifting him up and hurling him across the canyon::
<Vampire2> Gack! ::slams against the opposite canyon wall, falling and smashing against the rocks at the bottom::
<Trey> ::crouches back down:: Now, we wait for the Morlocks.
<Vampire1> ::laughs again:: Yeah.. we wait.. ::starts to get back up::
<Trey> ::doesn't even look at him, just backhands him and knocks him back down::
*******SIM START*******
SCENE> COOLER WITHOUT THE SUN BEAMING DOWN ON THEM, THE MORLOCKS WALKS THROUGH THE DUSTY DESERT. THE CANYON VISIBLE A MILE OR SO AHEAD.
<Kali> ::Walks quietly, dusting her sand off her.::
<Angel_Blue> ::sneezes for what seems like the millionth time::
<Predator> ::barefoot again, roams out sometimes ahead, sometimes behind the others, crouching on all fours as often as not::
<Xeno> ::walks along, still in suit::
<Static> ::Mutters to himself, as he walks:: Haven't had a shocking cigarette in days..
<Electra> :::Walks alone, quietly looking at the sandscape as she walks along:::
<Jaxion> ::glances back at Xeno:: Doesn't staying in that suit all the time sorta.. waste power?
<Kali> Maybe you'll get over your habit then...
<Angel_Blue> ((too much dust....i think i'm getting allergies....)) ::trails a few feet behind the group::
<Xeno> waste power? naw, can go on solar power ::blinks at the sky:: well, maybe not
<Jaxion> Just saying.. keep machinery running too much and the systems wear down, more likely too malfunction.
<Xeno> ::suits down:: i still dont like it around here
<Static> ::Grumbles:: S'not like it was all that unhealthy..I mean..it's not like they can actually kill me, or anything..Well, at least not keep me dead..::Clenches and unclenches his fist:: Hope we get to a town or something, soon..
<Predator> ::comes up from behind Xeno and brushes past him:: Boo. ::fades off into the dusk again::
<Kali> Might destory your lungs however...
<Jaxion> ::looks forward again:: I don't know this area that well. Can't say if we're close to any towns.
<Xeno> ::blinks at predator:: oh, im just so scared
<Static> ::Glances at Kali and grins:: They might heal or something, anyways..::Shrugs and goes back to walking::
<Kali> ::Smiles.:: Sure, of course.
<Predator> ::glances back at Xeno and laughs:: Mebbe you should be ::wanders over past Slam::
ACTION> THE GROUND TREMORS LIGHTLY BENEATH THEM, THEN SUDDENLY BEGINS TO SWIRL AND LOOSEN. BEFORE THEY CAN REACT, MOST OF THEIR BODIES HAVE ALREADY MOSTLY SUNKEN INTO THE SWIRLING GROUND.
<Angel_Blue> ahhhh!!
<Predator> ::startled hiss, twists around trying to free herself::
<Kali> Hey! ::Tries to flap her wings out of the sand.::
<Xeno> ::attempts to suit up again:: ((knew there was something wrong))
<Jaxion> Wha..?! ::falls into the ground, trying to reach reach for stable ground::
<Electra> Ack! :::Struggles to get free:::
<Static> Shock! ::Quickly attempts to port up and away from the sinking ground::
<Powerslam> Well... doesn't this just suck ::snickers at his own terrible pun::
<Angel_Blue> ::attempts to float, like you do when in quicksand::
<Kali> You better be glad my arms are stuck in the quickstand!!
ACTION> KALI'S WINGS ARE RESTRAINED BY THE GROUND, AS IS XENO'S SUIT INSIDE ITS PACK. STATIC TELEPORTS OUT, WATCHING THE OTHER MORLOCKS START TO DISAPPEAR INTO THE VORTEX ONE BY ONE.
<Static> Shock..::Tries to port close in, to try and grab one of them and port them out of it::
<Predator> ::struggles to draw a deep breath before getting sucked under::
ACTION> STATIC GRABS ONTO XENO, BUT IS PULLED INTO THE VORTEX ONCE AGAIN AND DISAPPEARS WITH HIM.
<Jaxion> Agh! ::gags, slipping into the vortex::
ACTION> THEY FALL INTO AN UNDERGROUND CAVERN, THE SWIRLING CEILING THEY DROPPED FROM STOPS AND HARDENS AGAIN.
<Jaxion> ::hits the floor with a thud, coughing up some dirt::
<Angel_Blue> ooof.....not fun........::stands back up::
<Xeno> ::hits the ground:: damn....
<Predator> ::lands heavily on the ground, then spits and sneezes trying to clear her breathing:: ugh..
<Angel_Blue> ::brushes the dirt off of her::
<Powerslam> ::taps his fingers, laying on his stomach then looks at Preds who landed on him::
<Static> ::Slams into the ground and groans:: What gives..::Tries to get up and look around:: Where are we..?
<Electra> :::coughs:::Uhhhg...:::holds her throat and makes a face:::
<Kali> ::Coughs and groans, standing up quietly.::
<Angel_Blue> i could blast us out....::looks at the ceiling::
<Xeno> ::gets up:: i told ya i didnt have a good feeling ::suits up::
<Predator> ::pops her shoulder, rolling away from Slam and muttering::
<Jaxion> That could bury us.. I'm not sure how deep we are.
<Kali> Why is everyone's answers deal with using force?
ACTION> MEN WALK OUT FROM THE WALLS, DIRT SLIDING OFF THEM AND REASSEMBLING THE WALL BEHIND EACH OF THEM. EACH MAN IS ARMED WITH A RIFLE, AND CLAD IN TAN FULL BODY AND HEAD GEAR.
<Soldier> Just take it cool, people. Identify yourselves and hopefully we can avoid a fight.
<Angel_Blue> ::looks at the soldiers blankly::
<Electra> :::Gets to her feet and looks to the soldiers::: Who are you?
<Powerslam> ::looks at the soldiers then the wall:: ((Holo?))
<Predator> ::picks herself up, covered in dirt and sand, and looks at the soldiers:: I am... ::pauses:: your worst nightmare. ::snickers to herself and ignores them, brushing herself off and shaking dirt out of her hair::
<Static> ::Blinks, eyeing the soldiers, with a surprised expression:: I'd be Static..((Funny..you think they'd know who we were, considering most everyone wants us dead..))
<Kali> We're just just travelers.
<Predator> ::mutters under her breath:: we made a wrong turn at albaquerque
<Soldier> You were asked first. Now, I don't think i need to point out that.. ::stops, looking at each of them:: Are you the Morlocks?
<Kali> Morlocks?
<Powerslam> Depends on who's asking.
<Electra> :::frowns:::
<Soldier> The man who has you at a distinct disadvantage at the moment. I've already showed a degree of good faith by not using harmful means to contain you all. Just answer the question.
<Predator> Yeah yeah yeah... who else'd be trekkin' out here through the middle of nowhere? ::mutters:: Who d'ya think we are?
<Electra> What if we are?
<Powerslam> We're underground, aren't we? ::waves a hand at the top of the cave::
<Angel_Blue> ::looks at the others uncertainly::
<Kali> ::Throws her hands in the air.:: We could have gotten away with it... but then again most people just shoot and fire.
<Soldier> Of course we are. You think you fell upwards? So you are the Morlocks. ::waves a hand at the other soldiers::
ACTION> THE OTHER SOLDIERS HOLSTER THEIR WEAPINS AND DISAPPEAR INTO THE WALLS AGAIN.
<Predator> Nice. ::arches an eyebrow:: We should get treatment like this more often
<Xeno> ::blinks::
<Static> ::Quirks an eyebrow:: That's right..so..who are you?
<Powerslam> ::looks around:: Smart move... or I would've spooked Preds there ::nods to Preds:: and made her go... more insane.
<Predator> ::makes a face at Slam:: Too late
<Electra> Yeah, we answered your question..
<Kali> ::Crosses her arms.:: We where lucky this time guys, if they don't know who we are by first glance then more than likely they've never seen us.
<Soldier> ::holsters his rifle and pulls off his helmet:: My name is Randall. Head of security for the Reservation.
<Powerslam> ::clears his throat:: Honestly, though... ::looks at the soldier:: we usually don't get treated this nice unless we're about to be used.
<Predator> Reservation? ::folds her arms::
<Angel_Blue> reservation for what...??
<Static> ::Nods, slightly:: Ah..what's the Reservation, exactly? I don't think I've heard of it..
<Kali> ::Bites her tounge softly.::
<Randall> Allow me to show you. ::taps a button on his wrist::
<Powerslam> ::looks at Static:: You don't know everything, you know.
<Electra> :::sighs:::
ACTION> A DOORWAY SPREADS OPEN IN THE WALL BEHIND RANDALL, SERVING AS THE ENTRANCE TO A TUNNEL.
<Static> ::Shakes his head, not even looking at Powerslam:: Never said I did..::Glances at the doorway::
<Xeno> ::suits down::
<Randall> ::turns and walks into the tunnel:: the Reservation is what most would call an Indy. A self-contained community with no corporate affiliations.
<Powerslam> ::eyebrow twitches slightly:: ((Why am I even with these people? It's not like they actually care about me...))
<Electra> :::Nods silently, still somewhat wary of the walls:::
<Kali> We... I don't have good luck with Indy towns...
<Jaxion> ::walks after Randall, brushing dirt out of his hair with his hand::
<Xeno> ::follows::
<Electra> :::Follows after the others:::
<Angel_Blue> ((and i was hoping it was a prarie dog reservation....)) ::follows behind everyone::
<Static> ::Follws Randall, listening carefully::
<Randall> Indies don't have good luck in general. With what has just recently happened with the state of the megacorps, Indy communities are being picked off all over the country at many times the rate as before.
<Powerslam> ::walks with the group, not really paying attention:: ((Maybe I ought to get away like Dono managed to... being here certainly isn't helping me...))
<Kali> ::Chews lower lip.:: I see..
<Jaxion> What just recently happened?
<Randall> Hrm... I suppose you wouldn't have heard, being out in the middle of nowhere. Now President Rogers' government has been toppled, since he died when Doom destroyed his Red House. And now the megacorps run rampant, with no restrictions.
<Static> ::Blinks, slightly:: Wait..Doom destroyed his..Doom is alive?
<Kali> Damn... what things happen when you're attacked by a death cult and stop in Vegas to gamble...
<Randall> Apparently. Info is that he sent a car armed with some sort of nanotech warhead right through the doors of the Red House, and that was it.
<Powerslam> ::mumbles:: Catches on quick, doesn't he?
<Predator`> ::jabs Slam in the side lightly with a finger::
<Kali> ::Nods to Static.:: Didn't you mention you thought he was still aive eariler?
<Powerslam> ::turns his head to Preds:: Yes?
ACTION> THE TUNNEL LEADS THEM INTO AN ENORMOUS CAVERN. IT'S INTRICATE, HONEYCOMB-LIKE DESIGN LOOKS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE OCCURRED NATURALLY. THE CAVERN SERVES AS A SMALL UNDERGROUND CITY.
<Xeno> ::blinks:: cool
<Angel_Blue> ((wow...)) ::looks around::
<Randall> This is the Reservation. We were originally above ground, but had to move down here to evade corporate persecution.
<Seth> :::stares:: ((My god))
<Electra> :::Looks at the structure in awe:::
<Predator> ::loses interest in whatever she was going to say, looking out into the city:: Nice digs..
<Static> ::Nods:: Yeah..guess I was right.. ::Blinks, as they walk into the cavern:: Amazing..
<Kali> ... How did you do this?
<Randall> The Reservation has made significant advances in geotechnology... which makes us such a target for the megacorps.
<Predator> ::pauses, then smirks, biting her lip to stifle her amusement::
<Powerslam> ::jabs Preds in the side lightly with a finger::
<Kali> I would think so... how long as this been going on?
<Predator> ::slaps at his hand:: Oughta call this place the Tunnels
<Powerslam> ::tries somewhat to hide a smirk::
<Randall> We've been done here for months, using the Reservation as a large experiment to perfect the geotech.
<Predator> Then we could hang out here ::smirks and sniffs at the air lightly::
<Static> ::Looks around, at the vast structure, taking in as much of it as he's able:: ((This is just..unbelievable. For them to have been able to make something like this..))
*******MEANWHILE*******
SCENE> POSITIONED NOW ON BOTH EDGES OF THE CANYON, THE VAMPIRES ARE STILL WAITING. ALL STARE INTENTLY DOWN INTO THE CANYON.
<Crickets> *chirp* *chirp* *chirp*
*******BACK TO THE MORLOCKS*******
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS HAVE BEEN FED, GIVEN NEW CLOTHES AND SUPPLIES, AND NOW ARE BEING ESCORTED BY ONE OF RANDALL'S SUBORDINATES TO MEET UP WITH HIM AGAIN.
<Kali> This only took months? <Cute, very cute. -.-;>
<Predator> Mebbe this time he'll get to the point and tell us what he wants ::mutters::
<Powerslam> More than likely have us help protect the Reservation.
<Angel_Blue> ::once again trails a bit behind everyone::
<Predator> Morlocks should all have tunnels ::smirks::
<Powerslam> Hmm... you never know what might be down here burrowing in the tunnels, though...
<Xeno> ::walks along beside angel::
<Angel_Blue> gophers? ::hopeful look::
<Seth> ::quirks and eyebrow at Preds comment:: ((Xi'an once told me about the first Morlocks...))
<Predator> ::glances back from Angel Blue to Xeno with a faintly puzzled look:: ((Wow, they're within 15 feet of eachother...))
<Kali> ::Sighs and looks up.:: I hate being underground... bugs... and I just like the sky better.
<Static> ::Stuffs his hands into the pockets of his new trenchcoat:: ((Hmm..Shame they don't have cigarettes down here..))
<Powerslam> Bugs... lotsa creepy crawly things that bite and sting and... ::inane gigle:: well, you ge the picture...
<Electra> hmm..:::looks around a the others:::
<Angel_Blue> ::begins to hopefully look around for gophers::
<Predator> ::sideways look at Slam:: Maybe you oughta start takin' the medication again
ACTION> THEY ENTIRE A GARAGE TYPE CHAMBER, WHERE RANDALL WAITS, SITTING ON TOP OF A LARGE, 10-WHEEL LANDCRUISER.
<Powerslam> ::looks at Preds:: I would... but you ate it all thinking it was candy. ::widens his eyes::
<Electra> ((What's this..?)):::Looks around the chamber:::
<Angel_Blue> ::looks at the landcruiser:: ((neat! we could use one of those...))
<Xeno> ::looks at the landcruiser:: ((hmm, good transportation))
<Seth> ::bites his lip as he looks around::
<Predator> ::just looks at Slam as if trying to decide between a straitjacket and a padded room::
<Powerslam> ::hmms, thinking out loud:: I bet she bites ::grins::
<Predator> ::smirks, showing fang:: I do ::looks over at the landcruiser::
<Kali> ::Glances at the landcruiser but thinks nothing speical about it.::
<Angel_Blue> ::...gives perdator and powerslam a weird look::
<Static> ::Eyes the Landcruiser, quirking an eyebrow:: ((What's this about..?))
<Randall> I've talked with the town board, they've authorized me to give you this. It's not very advanced and a little rusty. But it works.
<Kali> ::Glances at P&P.:: ((.... May they never breed. I couldn't handle the kids...))
<Powerslam> ::simply grins then notices the landcruiser:: I call shotgun.
<Kali> They're GIVING it to us?
<Xeno> ::looks up at Randall:: a parting gift? how nice
<Predator> What's our side of the bargain? ::skeptical look at Randall::
<Kali> I'm driving! ::Grins, slightly manical look to her eyes.::
<Seth> ::confused look:: The catch, please?
<Powerslam> ::looks at Kali:: Shotgun!
<Predator> ::looks at Kali:: I'm walking
<Powerslam> Please, give me a shotgun!
<Static> ::Starts to smile, first as hears of the gift, then quickly loses it at Kali's proclaimation:: Aww no..
<Xeno> umm, i dont think driving is your specialty
<Angel_Blue> ::confused look:: ((why do they care if she drives or not?))
<Kali> But...::Blinks.:: I got us out of places before. ::Looks hurt.::
<Randall> It took some convincing. They seem to have trouble understanding the good that can be accomplished by keeping good relations with those who share common enemies.
<Electra> :::Looks away:::((They'd better decide soon, this is getting boring..))
<Seth> ::quietly listens to Randall, nodding::
<Powerslam> ::blinks at Randall:: You... have the same enemies we do? Man... you guys need to beef this place's security waay up
<Xeno> i think he means some of out enemies, not all
<Randall> And I don't see you having great chances making it out of this desert by walking. So with this, you all can continue to give the megacorps trouble.
<Predator> ::grins slightly:: I like your reasoning.
<Predator> With bait running loose all over the country raising hell, who's gonna bother with gopher-town here?
<Static> ::Nods, slightly:: Well then..thanks for the gift..
<Angel_Blue> ::looks around again at the mention of gophers::
<Randall> ::drops down from the cruiser, walking away from it:: It's all yours.
<Powerslam> ::blinks, rubbing his forehead:: ((I need a vacation... being around these guys' giving me terrible mood swings))
*******EPILOGUE*******
SCENE> THE VAMPIRES, STILL AROUND THE CANYON, STILL WAITING.
<Vampire1> Anybody want to play tic tac toe?
<Trey> ::looks at him::
*SMACK*
*******SIM END*******