*******SIM START*******
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS WALK DOWN A MOUNTAINSIDE, ENTERING A LARGE VALLEY. FROM WHAT THEY CAN SEE OF THE VALLEY'S EXPANSE, THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME SORT OF SMALL STRUCTURES DEEPER INTO IT.
<Angel_Blue> ::looks around:: ((neat...))
<Predator> ::sniffs the air automatically, tossing her hair back::
<Landslide> ::hobbles forward trying to keep pace with the others::
<Xeno> hmm, guess theres no harm in stoppin
<Kali> I wonder if those were made by anicent native americans.. perhaps.
<Static> ::Glances around, eyeing the valley and the structures, carefully::
ACTION> THE STRUCTURES ARE AT SUCH A DISTANCE THAT THEY ARE STILL DIFFICULT TO MAKE OUT, AS WELL AS THE BRIGHT SUN LIMITING THEIR VISION OF IT.
<Predator> ::walking barefoot, boots slung over one shoulder::
<Static> Maybe we should check out some of the structures..::Frowns, thoughtfully::
<Firewall> ::walks down the mountain side, looking at the structures thoughtfully::
<Jaxion> Be worth it just to get out of the sun.. and maybe we can get some water there. ::keeps his eyes down at the ground, shielding them from the sun with a hand::
<Predator> ::squints, muttering something about how night travel would be a lot simpler::
<Kali> ::Nods slightly, trying to use her wings to shade herself with.::
<Landslide> ::looks at himself dripping of sweat:: Joto agrees with Jaxion..
<Static> ::Nods:: That's what I was thinking..'course, I imagine we're not the only ones who may have thought of that, so we may need to be careful..::swats a bug out of his way::
<Angel_Blue> ::follows everyone, careful not to trip on a rock or something::
<Predator> ::sneezes:: damn dusty heat...
*******INTERLUDE*******
LOCATION> HORIZON TESTING GROUNDS, FLORIDA
SCENE> WHILE BEING MONITORED BY TECHNICIANS INSIDE A SMALL OBSERVATION BUILDING, A MAN PILOTING A VARIATION OF THE XENO ARMOR FIRES ROUNDS AT UNMOVING TARGETS.
<Pilot> The left cannon's targetters need to be recalibrated. They seem off.
<Technician> Noted. Proceeding second stage testing.
ACTION> SMALL DRONES FLY THROUGH THE AIR, SWARMING AROUND THE XENO ARM, WHICH STARTS TARGETTING AND OPENING FIRE ON THEM.
<Technician1> He's right. Targetting is off.
<Technician2> Increasing drone speed.
<Technician1> Bio monitors show an increase in brainwave activity. Still stable.
<Pilot> ARRGH!
<Technician3> What's happening?!
<Technician1> Brainwave activity going completely erratic! The neural interface is overloading!
ACTION> THE PILOT GOES COMPLETELY MAD, FIRING OFF ROUNDS AT THE OBSERVATION BUILDING. BULLETS CRASH THROUGH THE WINDOW, TEARING MOST OF THE TECHNICIAN CREW APART. MISSILES ARE LAUNCHED EVERYWHERE, DESTROYING ALL OF THE DRONES.
<Technician4> ::crawls on the floor towards a console, one of his legs shredded by the bullets:; Abort! Damnit abort! ::reaches up onto the console and hits a button::
ACTION> THE SUIT STARTS TO GLOW AS ITS POWER OVERLOADS, GOING UP IN A LARGE EXPLOSION.
<HeadTechnician> ::stands up, looking around at all the dead:: Call the Mr. Stevens. Tell him I need a new pilot and technician crew.
*******INTERLUDE*******
SCENE> WALKING ACROSS MOST OF THE VALLEY, THE MORLOCKS HAVE ARRIVED AT WHAT LOOKS LIKE A LONG ABANDONED TRAILER PARK.
<Xeno> ::keeps his suit on:: boy, empty
<Kali> Okay... I was wrong.. dead wrong.
<Predator> ::makes a face:: They better have some working water tanks. Some o' you don't smell too pretty
<Angel_Blue> who would have a trailer park wayy out here...??
<Firewall> ::looks around the trailer park:: This seem out-of-place to anyone else?
<Kali> Not really...
<Static> ::Smirks, eyeing the Trailer Park:: Didn't think they still made these..
<Predator> ::shrugs:: Idiots all over the world live in outta the way places.
<Kali> It might be an old place...
<Jaxion> Kali's right.. There was probably more out here when it was set up... could be a hundred years old.. ::looks around:: We'll rest here for awhile.. see if I can find the water hook..
<Predator> ::walks up to the nearest trailer door and tries to open it::
ACTION> THE TRAILER DOOR FALLS RIGHT OFF, APPARENTLY HAVING BEEN HELD ON ONLY BY SPIDER WEBS.
<Firewall> ::shrugs and takes a walk around the park::
<Xeno> ::scans the area for any signs of life, just in case::
<Predator> ::tosses it to the side and steps into the mobile::
<Landslide> ::arches a brow:: Joto doesn't like the looks of this... Could be trap, no?
ACTION> PREDATOR SEES THE SKELETON OF A LONG DEAD MAN SITTING ON THE COUCH, WEARING OLD RAGGED CLOTHES. A SCORPION CRAWLS OUT OF THE SKULL THROUGH THE MOUTH, CLICKING.
<Predator> ::stops dead in her tracks, eyes darting around the floor for any more scorpions::
<Static> ::Reaches to open the door of another trailer::
<Xeno> ::clicks off his scanning::
<Angel_Blue> ::stands about in the middle of the park, looking around:: ((it's almost.....peaceful here))
<Xeno> ::opens the door to a trailer noones in and pokes his head in, looking around::
ACTION> THE DOOR STICKS SLIGHTLY, BUT OPENS. PREDATOR FINDS IT DIFFICULT TO SEE THE FLOOR, WITH ALL THE SPIDER WEBS AND DUST.
<Predator> ::after checking the floor, checks the ceiling too as an afterthought:: ((Somehow i don't think screaming and running the hell out of here would accomplish anything..)) ::gingerly steps further into the mobile, looking for a sink of some kind::
<Kali> ::Sits under some shade, fanning herself with her hand.::
<Static> ::Ignites an energy blade, for light, looking into the trailer:: ((C'mon..gotta be some kind of historical documents in here..))
<Firewall> ::walks around, taking in the whole trailer park::
<Xeno> ((cant fit in in the suit)) ::suits down:: wow, hotter out here than i thought ::goes in::
ACTION> THE FLOOR CREAKS UNDER PREDATOR, SUDDENLY CRUMBLES APART AND SHE CRASHES DOWN TO THE GROUND UNDERNEATH THE TRAILER. STATIC FINDS OLD MAGAZINE PORN.
<Angel_Blue> ((i wonder......)) ::starts looking for any prarie dogs or other furry mammal::
<Static> ..For crying out loud..didn't these people read Newspapers?! ::Sighs and heads back out of the trailer:: ((Could try another one..))
<Predator> ::startled hiss, tries to scramble back up onto the floor:: ((I don't even wanna think about what's under here...))
<Landslide> Predator! ::slams his foot to the ground trying to raise the earth where she fell into::
ACTION> PREDATOR GETS LIFTED UP BY A PILLAR OF ROCK BACK INTO THE TRAILER, NOW COVERED WITH SPIDER WEBS. AND SHE CAN HEAR MORE CLICKING.
<Xeno> ::walks through the trailer, looking at a bookshelf::
<Predator> ::breath coming in little huffs, takes a flying leap for the door of the trailer and the relative safety of the outside, eyes wide::
<Jaxion> ::mutters, messing with an outdoor water faucet::
<Static> ::Heads for another trailer, moving to open the door, and peak inside, his energy blade still ignited::
<Kali> ::Watches the other's in amusement, half way thinking about that whole espoide before hand.::
<Predator> ::shaking a little, stands up, staring back toward the mobile she was in, and brushes herself off rapidly::
ACTION> STATIC'S FACE GOES RIGHT INTO A SPIDER WEB, WITH A SPIDER ON IT ALREADY. THE FAUCET JAXION MESSED WITH BREAKS, SQUIRTING HIM WITH WATER.
<Angel_Blue> ::still looking around for prarie dogs::
<Jaxion> Agh! ::sputters, closing his hands over the pipe to stop the water and coughs:: Got water!
<Static> Gah! ::Slashes at the spider:: Shock! As if we didn't run into enough of these?!
<Predator> ::head jerks up:: Water? ::jogs toward it::
<Xeno> ::picks up a little ceramic dog:: water? ::takes the dog and walks outside::
<Jaxion> ::moves back from the pipe for Predator, letting the water to continue to squirt up like a geyser::
<Kali> ::Takes a peek end side of one of the trailers, not caring about the water quite yet.::
<Angel_Blue> ::looks toward jaxion and starts walking over::
<Firewall> ::heads back to the others and the H20::
<Predator> ::more or less walks straight through the geyser, letting her hair and clothes get drenched before stepping away with a little calmer expression::
<Xeno> ::watches at the ceramic dog crumbles:: oh well
<Jaxion> ::pushes his wet hair back, coughing a little more:: Gah..
<Kali> ::Sighs, leaving the trailer to the water.::
<Predator> ::wrinkles her nose, grimacing a little and shaking herself like a dog, water flying everywhere::
<Landslide> ::puts his hands in a cup like position and tries to splash his face with water::
<Static> ::Pulls the spider-web off of himself and looks into the trailer, again::
<Kali> ::Cups her hands and slowly sips up the water.::
<Predator> ::returns to the water for a drink as well::
<Jaxion> ::gets crowded away from the water, muttering cuz he was the one that got it::
<Kali> ::Walks away from the water, making a face at the aftertaste and heads to the trailer where Static is in.:: Jax found some water, are you going to get some?
<Landslide> ::steps away and shakes his face violently to get the water off::
<Angel_Blue> ::drinks some of the water::
<Static> ::Glances around once at the trailer, having found apparantely nothing of interest and sighs:: Yeah..Just a sec..::Steps back out of the trailer, heading in the direction of the water::
<Predator> ::moves off to stand a ways from the trailers and any other ground cover that could be hiding a scorpion::
<Jaxion> ::stands up, brushing himself off:: Don't suppose anybody found anything useful.. like.. oh say.. a car
<Kali> ::Nods and sits under some shade again.:: ((Should drink more, but I'm used to the heat... but the sunlight is killing my skin.)) ::Grins suddenly.:: Can I drive?
<Xeno> ::drinks some water, backs off and suits up::
<Predator> ::quirks an eyebrow at Jaxion:: Like some old clunker's gonna have an engine left after a hundred years?
<Xeno> well, all of ya sit in a trailer i can pull ya ::smirks::
<Angel_Blue> ::hopefully looks around one last time for prarie dogs before giving up::
<Kali> Wait... ::Glances around at the trailers, seeing if one is a mobile.::
<Jaxion> ::looks back at Predator:: ...there's something on your shoulder...
<Predator> ::face gets very tense all of a sudden:: ...What is on my shoulder?
<Static> ::Takes a sip of some of the water and grimaces:: Not exactly Mountain spring, but at least it's water..::Gets a wide-eyed look of almost terror at Kali offering to drive::
<Jaxion> Not sure, it's kind of hidden in your hair.
<Predator> ::nostrils flare, and she seems to be having a little difficulty breathing, and her eyes are starting to look a little glazed and panicky:: ...get it off
<Jaxion> ::snickers, walking off:: Kidding, kidding
<Predator> ...::charges at Jaxion's back, aiming to tackle him into the dirt:: ((Must... kill..))
<Xeno> hmmm, no one took me up on my offer to pull them along
<Jaxion> Ack! ::falls forward into the dirt::
<Kali> ::Walks futher into the trailor park sreaching for some sort of car.::
<Predator> ::growls:: Don't... ever... do that again. ::mutters and stops kneeling on his back, brushing herself off and walking off::
<Jaxion> ::rolls onto his back, still snickering a little::
<Angel_Blue> ::leans against the shady side of a trailer::
<Predator> ::shoots a glare back at him, claws still extended::
<Xeno> ::flies over and lands beside Angel:: lets go for a fly ::picks her up and flies off into the air::
<Angel_Blue> eeekk!! ::grabs his arm::
<Static> ::Takes another sip of water, swallowing hard, walking over to examine another trailer::
<Jaxion> ::sits up, picking a scorpion up by the tail and waving it at her:: Ahh.. anyway.. ::drops the scorpion and gets up:: We should find something to hold some water and getmoving again. It'll be night soon, cooler to travel.
<Predator> ::strangled noise:: moving. yes. Night. soon.
<Landslide> ::looks around for ANY signs of life other than those blasted insects and us::
<Xeno> now, if i know you you were looking for prarie dogs, well, easier to see from the air ::grins::
<Jaxion> ::walks towards some trailers:: I'll see if I can find some cantine or something and we'll get out of here.
<Angel_Blue> ::grins back at him:: sometimes i think you read my mind
*******EPILOGUE*******
SCENE> THE SUN HAS SET MOMENTS AGO, LEAVING THE ABANDONED TRAILER PARK IN RELATIVE DARKNESS. THE GROUND STARTS TO MOVE ABOUT AS HANDS PUSH THEIR WAY UP FROM THE DIRT. A LARGE PACK OF VAMPIRES CLIMB OUT OF THE GROUND.
<Trey> ::brushes some dirt off, looking off in the direction the Morlocks left and grinning, a metallic gleam coming off his fangs from the moonlight:: The Morlocks..
*******SIM END*******