*******SIM START*******
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS ARRIVE AT THE CHARRED BUILDING IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE IN THE NEVADA DESERT, WHERE KALI AND STATIC WERE SENT TO FIND SOMETHING HELPFUL. THE DOORS HAVE BEEN OPENED AND EVERYTHING IS SILENT.
<Predator> ::sniffs the air warily::
<Seth> ::sniffs the air:: ((Nevada always had distinct smell. Especially the desert))
<Jaxion> ::looks around:: Wouldn't think it'd take them so long to look through this place..
<Angel_Blue> ::looks at the building:: ((this place looks creepy...))
<Landslide> ::looks at the doorway:: It appears someone has already been inside..
<Xeno> we might as well look also
<Jaxion> ::groans, pushing the doors open a little more and walking inside::
<Predator> ::follows Jaxion closely, claws slightly bared:: ((I don't like disappearing folks..))
<Seth> ::moves slowly, and quietly into the darkness of the building, listening::
<Xeno> ::walks on it as well::
<Powerslam> ::looks at Preds:: It seems like just a couple minutes ago I was carrying her around in my arms *sniff*
<Angel_Blue> ::follows everyone::
ACTION> UPON ENTERING, SIGNS OF A STRUGGLE ARE EVIDENT. ONE OF WHICH IS STATIC'S BODY STUCK UP ON THE WALL BY TWO JAGGED SCYTHES STABBED THROUGH HIS CHEST.
<Predator> ::stops, nostrils flaring again:: Visitors. Gone now... Something weird about 'em.
<Seth> Oh my. ::squints wearily at the site::
<Powerslam> ::looks up at Static then walks to him and tries pulling the scythes out:: Come on, time to wake up
<Xeno> ::goes and helps Powerslam::
<Landslide> ::eyes flare and then runs over towards them and tries to help::
ACTION> STATIC'S BODY FLOPS TO THE FLOOR AFTER THE SCYTHES ARE YANKED OUT.
<Predator> ::prowls around the interior of the building warily, searching for traces of where the attackers went::
<Electra> :::covers her mouth:::
<Jaxion> Is Kali around, Preds? ::looks around::
<Seth> ::stands, arms clasped behind his back, using his "super-hearing" to listen for anything else in the building::
<Angel_Blue> ::bites her lip::
<Predator> ::shakes her head:: Scent's too old. Gone, too...
<Landslide> No! Joto has failed again! ::growls and slams his fist to the floor:: This is the second person who has died because joto is too slow...
<Xeno> ::checks Statics pulse::
<Predator> ::glances over:: Cool it, big guy... he's fine
ACTION> THE WOUNDS IN STATIC'S CHEST CLOSE UP AS HE ABRUPTLY COMES BACK TO LIFE.
<Powerslam> ::pulls Static up to his feet:: About time
<Electra> What..? :::watches, startled:::
<Landslide> ::raises his head and arches a brow:: Huh?
<Static> ::Gasps for breath, sitting up and cursing:: Kali! Shock it, they took her!
<Angel_Blue> ::stares::
<Landslide> You are ok! ::jumps onto static tackling him back to the floor::
<Predator> That's gotta hurt..
<Electra> :::winces:::
<Jaxion> Heyhey.. don't kill him again.
<Seth> ::quirks an eyebrown at the site, then continues to listen:: ((Maybe Kali is still somewhere nearby))
<Xeno> ::blinks::
<Angel_Blue> ((oooh boy, this is a weird bunch.....))
<Static> Oof! ::is just about crushed:: Yeah..fine, big guy..Uhm..you're crushing my ribcage..
<Predator> ::comes back to stand near the others:: So Kali's disappeared... prob'ly with the choice bunch that left Static as a wall-ornament.
ACTION> SETH HEARS NOTHING BUT THE SOUNDS MADE BY THE MORLOCKS. PREDATOR EVENTUALLY FINDS THE DIRECTION THE PEOPLE LEFT.
<Landslide> Oohh.. Right, Joto sorry, ::smiles happily and gets off making his way back to his feet::
<Predator> ::points in the direction they left:: We should get going and maybe catch up, eh?
<Jaxion> ::slips his foot under one of the scythes, tossing it up in the air and grabbing it:: What can you tell us about who did this?
<Static> ::Shakes his head, slowly getting to his feet:: Don't know..there were a lot of them..they all had those..and they were wearing dark cloaks. They called Kali the "Daughter" or something..::Frowns::
<Predator> ::picks up the other scythe, examining it closely and sniffing at the handle::
<Jaxion> The daughter? Uh oh.. ::grips the scythe and looks at Preds:: Lead the way?
<Powerslam> ::walks over to Preds:: What can you detect? ::looks at her over the rims of his glasses::
<Predator> ::shoots Slam a look:: Would you take those silly things off?
<Static> ::Glances at Jaxion:: Sounds like you know who did this..?
<Predator> ::starts off in the direction the attackers went::
<Powerslam> Take what silly things off? These're my new look
<Xeno> ::follows along::
<Landslide> ::looks at Jaxion and whispers:: do you think it is the same person who attacked us yesterday?
<Seth> ::promptly follows::
<Electra> :::follows the others silently:::
<Jaxion> No.. I have an idea who did this.. but.. I don't see the connection to Kali's dad.. ::follows after Predator::
<Angel_Blue> ::trails behind everyone, looking around with a slight frown::
<Landslide> who is Kali's father?
<Jaxion> Whatever name your religion gives the incarnation of pure evil.. ::keeps walking::
*******MEANWHILE*******
SCENE> KALI STARTS TO AWAKEN, HER HEAD STILL IN PAIN FROM THE HIT SHE TOOK. SHE FINDS HERSELF UNABLE TO REALLY MOVE, STRAPPED DOWN ON A STONE SLAB.
<Kali> ::Opens her eyes, trying to lift her head.:: Where am I...?
<Kali> ::Looks around.:: Static?
ACTION> KALI SEES PEOPLE HIDDEN IN BLACK CLOAKS STANDING ALL AROUND, COMPLETELY UNMOVING.
<Kali> Who are you... ((I... I don't think it's home.))
<Voice> I wouldn't count on them answering. They've been like that for an hour now.
<Kali> ::Looks around for the voice.:: Then who's speaking...?
ACTION> KALI SEES A MAN STANDING OVER HER, WHO SHE RECOGNIZE'S AS JAXION'S BROTHER, JASON, THOUGH HIS DEMONIC FEATURES HAVE BECOME A LITTLE MORE EXAGGERATED SINCE THE LAST TIME THEY MET.
<Kali> Jason? :Shakes her head.::
<Jason> ::jumps up onto the slab, crouching down right over her:: I've been considering Dusk as a new title, actually.
<Kali> Please, what am I doing here? Jax's been looking for you.
<Jason> Consider yourself bait, that these Shroud bitheads so nicely provided. One thing about insane death cults.. they are devoted to their cause. ::grins down at her, flashing a set of jagged teeth::
<Kali> ::Eyes narrow slightly.:: Live bait isn't the greatest thing in the world...
<Kali> ::Atempts to start a fire somewhere on him.:: And why me?
<Jason> Hey! Sure as shock wasn't my idea to keep you alive! ::motions a clawed hand at the Shroud cult, ignoring the flames as they do no harm:: See.. they worship some glitch "death goddess" and somebody.. sorta.. let them know that you are her daughter.
<Jason> If you're not picking up on the subtly, it was me.
<Kali> ::Eyes widen.:: ... She's.. my mother's alive!?
<Jason> Okay perhaps you didn't pick up on the death part of her goddesshood.
<Jason> She's nothing more than some drifting spirit these shocks have fixated on. Probably got sucked up by some demon! Mm.. bet she'd be good. Anyway, like I said.. you're bait. Danny and those Morlock fools will come here to rescue you.. and I'll pick Danny-boy off while the Shroud hack up your friends.
<Kali> ::Eyes narrow again, trying to pull away.:: Take that back! I swear to god if you do anything thing to them I'll rip you into shreds myself..
<Jason> Now you just stay put, not that you have a choice, and maybe I won't suggest any sacrifical rituals to the Shroud. ::leaps off the slab and walks off::
*******MEANWHILE*******
TIME> AN HOUR LATER
SCENE> THE OTHER MORLOCKS LAY LOW AMONG THE DRY BRUSH ON A HILLTOP, OVERLOOKING THE SHROUD CULT'S SITE.
<Seth> ::tries to listen into the cult compound:: ((Hopefully I can locate Kali))
<Static> ::Squints, eyeing the site::
<Electra> :::looks down towards the cult:::
<Xeno> ::looks:: so whats the game plan?
<Powerslam> ::glances at Preds then takes off his glasses, tossing them into some brush to the side then undoes his hair::
ACTION> KALI CAN BE SEEN STRAPPED DOWN ON A SLAB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SITE. STRANGELY, SETH CAN ONLY HEAR KALI'S HEARTBEAT ASIDE FROM THE OTHER MORLOCKS AROUND HIM.
<Jaxion> I was right.. it's the Shroud..
<Predator> ::fingers the edge of the scythe she picked up earlier:: Maybe take off a few of these folks' heads off with their own steel ::feral grin::
<Static> ::Grits his teeth:: Same guys that jumped us. Doesn't matter. Let's go down there and bust their shocking heads..
<Angel_Blue> ::looks around a bit nervously::
<Predator> ::glances back at Angel Blue, grin widening a bit psychopathically:: Whatsamatter?
<Angel_Blue> .....nothing
<Jaxion> Feel free to not hold back on these guys.. ::glares::
<Electra> :::looks slightly confused, but doesn't say anything:::
<Predator> I wasn't intendin' to.
<Xeno> ::suits up::
<Powerslam> ::stands, popping his back::
<Static> Don't need to worry about that, in the slightest. ::Ignites his energy blades, waiting for Jax to give the word::
<Jaxion> Static.. while we're causing trouble, teleport in and free Kali..
<Seth> ::closes his eyes and sighs:: ((Here we go)) So, are we to charge them?
<Predator> An' don't get hung up this time
<Static> ::Narrows his eyes, having wanted to exact a little payback, but nods, closing down his energy blades:: Alright..
<Powerslam> ::looks at Preds:: Try to keep yourself together
<Predator> You worry about your own hide an' I'll worry about mine
<Seth> ::mumbles something in Japanese, then prepares to sonically blast at the site::
<Powerslam> ::smirks:: Don't worry none `bout me ::eyes the site::
<Angel_Blue> ::looks around the site some more::
<Predator> ::extends her claws fully, crouching down on all fours and scenting the wind again::
ACTION> THE SHROUD SUDDENLY SHOW UP ALL AROUND THEM, LEAPING AT THEM WITH THEIR SCYTHES.
<Seth> ::curses in Japanese, then tries to fire a sonic pulse at the a few members:: ((I should have heard them!!))
<Predator> ::hisses and kicks at a shroud, ducking in low under the sweep of the weapon::
<Angel_Blue> ::steps back, blasting at the ones closest to her::
<Static> What the..::Frowns and ports out of the way, trying to get down to Kali::
<Powerslam> ::forms and sends two energy balls at the nearest cloak::
<Powerslam> Where'd they come from?
ACTION> A GROUP OF SHROUD JUMP ON XENO'S BACK AS MORE HOOKING HER LARGE LEGS OUT FROM UNDER HIM, BRINGING HIM DOWN. POWERSLAM IS STRUCK AROUND THE FACE BY THE BLUNT SIDE OF A SIDE AND A WHOLE GROUP STARTS TO JUMP AND BEAT ON HIM.
<Xeno> ::hits the ground but rools over and shoots the repulsor at a group::
<Jaxion> ::jumps to his feet, burying his scythe in the back of one of the shroud and throwing him at some others:: Well we got their shockin' attention!
<Powerslam> Agh ::grunts, going down:: Fighting dirty...
ACTION> XENO BLASTS ONE OFF OF HIM BUT OTHERS JUMP ONTO HIM AND START HACKING AT HIS JOINTS.
<Electra> :::attempts to electrucute some of the Shroud attacking Xeno and PowerSlam as well as a few that come towards herself:::
<Predator> ::hangs onto the scythe she picked up earlier with both hands, sweeping it around her several times::
<Seth> ::jumps at a Shroud, attempting to kick him while in the air, and blast another at the same time:: Where'd they come from? I should have heard them?
<Xeno> ::continues shooting the repulsor::
<Jaxion> What can I say, they're shockin' creepy guys! ::slashes at a group, trying to keep them back and then blasts at them::
<Angel_Blue> ::continues to blast at the shroud ppl closest to her::
ACTION> POWERSLAM IS ABLE TO GET OUT FROM UNDER THE GROUP PUMMELING HIM AS THEY'RE ELECTROCUTED.
<Seth> ::sonically blasts at a few Shrouds, and looks/listens down at the site, to check on Static's progress::
<Powerslam> ::mutters, standing up and immediately forming and sending energy balls at shrouds:: Shocking... ::feels some pieces of his skin re-attach fully::
ACTION> SETH CAN'T PINPOINT DOWN AT THE SITE, WITH THE CHAOTIC BACKGROUND NOISE BEING CAUSED BY THE FIGHTING.
<Predator> ::goes for the throat of another shroud, snarling::
<Xeno> ::tries to fly into the air::
ACTION> THE HOOD FLIPS OFF THE SHROUD PREDATOR ATTACKS, REVEALING HIS FACE. THE FLESH LOOKS GRAY AND DEAD, WITH DISFIGURED FEATURES AND A BRIGHT GREEN GLEAM IN HIS EYES.
<Powerslam> ::mutters:: That's it ::grabs a scythe from a downed shroud and starts slicing at shrouds::
<Predator> ... ::thinks better of getting a mouthful of that and hacks at him with the scythe instead::
<Seth> ::eyes widen for a moment as he looks at Pred's Shroud:: My God. They're undead!
<Xeno> ::continues firing repulsors::
*******MEANWHILE*******
SCENE> STATIC APPEARS DOWN AT THE SITE, ALL THE SHROUDS UP ON THE HILL FIGHTING THE MORLOCKS. HE SPOTS KALI NEARBY, STRAPPED DOWN ON THE STONE SLAB AND CONSCIOUS.
<Static> ::Moves for Kali on the stone slab:: Relax..Calvary's here. You okay?
<Kali> ::Still struggles to pull away.:: I'm fine, I found Jax's brother... Wait until the others are all right before helping me.
ACTION> STATIC FEELS A HAND GRASP ONTO THE BACK OF HIS NECK, SLAMMING HIM FACE FIRST INTO THE STONE SLAB.
<Jason> And he found you. ::releases Static::
<Static> Unngh! ::Gets slammed into the stone::
<Kali> ::Tries to set her straps on fire.:: (I forgot I could do this.. hanging around with humans too long.) ::Glares at Jason.:: Go pick your fight with Jax.. Leave him out of this.
<Jason> ::grabs Static again, this time by the hair:: Hrm.. You're not Danny. But maybe if I hit you more in the face you'll start to resemble him. ::let's his hair go and punches him::
ACTION> THE STRAPS BURN UP, FREEING HER.
<Static> ::Tries to ignite his blades and slash at him:: Not..likely, pal..I got enough family issues on my own, without getting dragged into yours..
<Kali> ::Snarls at attacks Jason, reaching for his neck.::
<Jason> ::moves back slightly, biting down on Kali's hand and then pushing her back into Static:: Hey, just bring me Danny and I'll leave you alone.. until I become an all powerful demon and have you burn for all eternity.
<Kali> ::Cries out and rubs her hand.:: The hell I will, playing vampire is not going to stop me.
<Jason> Oh there's lots of games were could play ::glares at Kali:: but you gotta get rid of the kid.
<Static> "Kid", nothing..::Wipes blood away from his mouth, glaring at Jason::
<Kali> ::Throws a fireball near an area where no male would like.::
<Jason> Whoa! ::puts his hands down, blocking the fireball:: Hey now, halfbreed.. that's the universal spot to be nice to.
ACTION> THE OTHER MORLOCKS ARRIVE ON THE SCENE, HAVING TEMPORARILY BEATEN THE SHROUD.
<Static> ::Nods at the others:: Way I see it, pal..you're outnumbered..
<Seth> ::glares at Jason:: Who are you, again?
<Jaxion> ::glares:: My big brother
<Kali> ::Takes in a deep breath.::
<Jason> ::grins at Static:: Way I see it, I know how to kill you that's permanent.
<Angel_Blue> ::looks back and fourth between jaxion and jason::
<Predator> ::squints a little, looking from Jax to Jason:: Can't say I see the resemblance.
<Xeno> ::lands::
<Seth> ::frowns, then prepares to attack, listneing for the return of any cultists:: ((On your toes, Seth))
<Static> Good for you. ::Glances at Jaxion, quirking an eyebrow:: Hunh. You want first crack at him, Jax, he's all yours..
<Jason> Hey, the whole family can't have my good looks. ::glares:: Hey Danny boy. ::opens his mouth, a stream of fire flying out towards Jaxion::
<Kali> ::Tries to make a fire barrier.::
<Predator> ::throws her scythe blade at Jason::
<Seth> ::squints, then fires a blast at Jason while he's busy::
<Angel_Blue> ::looks around for something useable::
ACTION> THE FIRE STREAM SLICES THROUGH THE BARRIER, HITTING JAXION IN THE CHEST. MORE FIRE ARUPTS AROUND JASON, INTERCEPTING THE BLAST AND SCYTHE.
<Jaxion> Agh! ::falls back, gripping his chest::
<Static> ::Ports at Jason, trying to get above the fire and slash down at him, with his blades::
<Predator> ::curses in Japanese, trying to grab Jaxion from behind and pull him away from the fire::
<Angel_Blue> ::blasts at jason's feet::
<Jason> ::jumps up and grabs Static, biting the side of his face::
<Kali> ::Eyes narrow and flies at Jason's back, trying to grab at the back of his neck.::
<Static> Urk! Get..Off! ::Tries to slam his blade into the side of Jason's head::
<Jason> ::shoves Static away, into Kali's path and lands back onto the slab::
<Predator> ::dashes at Jason, on all fours::
ACTION> THE SLAB STARTS TO CRACKS, GREEN ENERGY FLOWING OUT FROM THE CRACKS.
<Seth> ::fires a blast at the slab::
<Jason> ::looks down at the slab:: What the shock?!
<Xeno> ::gets his rockets ready::
<Predator> ::hisses and scrambles back away from it::
<Kali> ::Shoves into Static.:: Uhm sorry... ::Looks up to the slab.::
ACTION> THE SLAB SHATTERED, A GREEN MIST ERUPTING UPWARD AND LIFTING JASON INTO THE AIR.
<Static> ::Gets thrown into Kali:: Oof..we've really gotta stop, meeting like this..::Eyes Jason and the slab:: What's happening?
<Angel_Blue> ((freaky...))
<Seth> ::stands his ground and watches:: My word.
<Jason> Arg!! ::flails about futilly:: Release me!
ACTION> THE MIST STARTS TO REACH OUT FOR KALI AS WELL.
<Kali> No! ::Back away form it.::
<Static> ::Starts to move in front of Kali:: What IS that?
<Xeno> ::fires his repulsor at he mist thats reaching::
<Kali> I've got no clue...
ACTION> THE MIST ABRUPTLY STOPS IN FRONT OF HER, RETREATING BACK. THE MIST QUICKLY STARTS TO SUCK BACK INTO THE GROUND, TAKING JASON WITH IT WHO'S YELLING IN PROTEST BEFORE DISAPPEARING.
<Predator> ::mutters, watching the scene with slightly widened eyes::
<Seth> ::quirks an eyebrow, and rubs his arm:: That....was interesting. Do we go after him? ::looks at Jax::
ACTION> JAXION IS BARELY CONSCIOUS. SETH CAN HEAR THE SHROUD BACK AT THE HILL STARTING TO MOVE ABOUT AGAIN, RECOVERING.
<Kali> ::Starts to laugh bitterly.:: ((How.. Ironic.)) ::Stops.:: We need to get out of here now.
<Seth> ::looks at Hill:: Perhaps we should take our leave of this place?
<Predator> ::scowls slightly:: Sooner th' better.
<Seth> Our "friends" awaken as we speak.
*******SIM END*******