*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> THE NEVADA DESERT AT SOME POINT BETWEEN LAS VEGAS AND HALO CITY.
TIME> LATE NIGHT
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS' MAGLEV VEHICLE HAS BROKEN DOWN HALFWAY TO HALO CITY. MOST OF THE MORLOCKS SIT AROUND A SMALL CAMPFIRE WHILE JAXION IS ATTEMPTING TO FIX THE VEHICLE.
<Predator> ::chin in hands, stares at the fire::
<Kali> ::Sighs annoyed.:: Why didn't I see this coming...
<Jaxion> ::bent over under the opened hood:: Shockin' waste of time.. *mutter* ...runs like new *mutter*.. for shockin' twenty feet..
<Angel_Blue> ::sits a few feet away from the campfire, scratching something in the dirt::
<Landslide> ::sits indian style near the fire with his eyes closed, meditating::
<Electra> ::::sits a bit away from the others, staring out away from them:::
<Predator> ::flicks pebbles into the fire::
<Kali> Never trust car sales dealers...
<Static`> ::Lays back, his hands behind his head:: Bad luck seems to follow us, everywhere.
<Predator> Bad luck? Hey, we're alive.
<Kali> True...
<Angel_Blue> ((i've never been good with people......and now i'm with a bunch of people i don't know........))
<Jaxion> ::bangs his head against the hood:: Agh! ::mutters more:: Cast a shockin' exorcism on this thing..
<Static`> Barely. ::Smirks:: And if I remember, I've been killed a few times, now.
<Angel_Blue> ::looks toward jaxion:: can i take a look at it?
<Predator> Would you prefer you stayed dead?
<Kali> Try kicking at it?
<Landslide> ::opens his eyes:: We aren't all alive... have you forgotten what happened to Shackle..? Joto will avenge his death...
<Jaxion> ::rubs the back of his head:: That's okay.. I consider fixing this thing and making it run a nice revenge..
<Jaxion> Kali.. Static.. you two remember that rundown building we passed awhile ago? The one out in the middle of nowhere?
<Static`> ::Shrugs and gestures towards Landslide with a brief nod of his head:: What he said..
<Electra> :::Looks back at the vehicle, blank faced:::
<Kali> Yes, I think so.
<Static`> Hmm? ::Glances over at Jaxion:: Yeah, I think so. Why?
<Angel_Blue> ((...i'm around a bunch of people i don't know who are talking about death...........today is not my day))
<Jaxion> Think you two could head back there and check out if there's anything left we could use?
<Electra> ((uhg...this is gonna take forever..maybe I should just leave...)) :::looks back and frowns:::
<Static`> Better'n just sitting around here..why not? ::Gets to his feet::
<Landslide> ::stares into the fire::
<Kali> Sure.. ::Stands up and dusts off her outfit.::
<Angel_Blue> ::begins to scratch designs in the dirt again::
<Jaxion> Should only be a few 'ports for you.
<Predator> ::swats at a mosquito::
<Kali> ::Nods and blinks.:: I could fly if need be.
<Static`> ::Stretches and nods at Kali, holding out a hand:: Need to be in physical contact to Port. It doesn't bug too much, unless you've got a weak stomach like Dono did..
<Electra> ((Well, I dunno if I'll really get anywheres alone right now)) :::sighs:::
<Kali> All right... ::Takes his hand.::
<Jaxion> ::goes back under the hood and back to work::
<Static`> ::Moves to port them back towards the building::
<Landslide> ::stands up slowly then glances about::
<Predator> ::stands up and wanders over towards the maglev:: Dunno how much of that thing I even know the words for but I can probably hold a wrench or something... if you even use things like wrenches anymore...
ACTION> THE FIRE IS SUDDENLY SMOTHERED OUT BY SOME STRANGE MATERIAL SHOT INTO IT FROM THE DARKNESS.
<Landslide> ::steps back:: what the heck...
<Predator> ::blinks, glancing back:: Or not... ::claws extend slightly::
<Angel_Blue> ::quickly gets to her feet::
ACTION> A LOUD THUD COMES FROM RIGHT BEHIND PREDATOR.
<Predator> ::whirls around to face the sound::
<Landslide> ::tightens his fists and hunches down slightly::
ACTION> THE HOOD HAS BEEN SLAMMED DOWN ONTO JAXION, WHO IS JUST TRAPPED UNDER IT LIMPLY. A MAN IS CROUCHED DOWN ON TOP OF THE HOOD IN A FULL RED AND BLACK BODY SUIT WITH A SPIDER THEME TO IT, AND A CAPE THAT LOOKS LIKE WEBBING.
<Predator> ...Why don't you hop down off o' there like a good spider and let Jaxion catch his breath? ::shifts her stance slightly, eyes narrowing::
<Angel_Blue> ::stares at the man::
<Flipside> Would any of you have the correct change for the bus? I'm trying to get to New York.
<Angel_Blue> ...
<Predator> ::points to the ground and arches an eyebrow::
<Landslide> Joto believes he may have left it in his spare cheek... ::snickers slightly::
<Flipside> No? ::sighs:: I suppose the only thing I can do now is kill you all.
<Electra> That'll be kind of difficult for you to do...as I see it..
<Predator> If i give you a quarter will you leave?
<Landslide> Joto doesn't think so... ::holds his fists up::
<Electra> we outnumber you..
<Angel_Blue> ::raises her hand and points it at flipside, fingers outstreched::
<Flipside> ::waves his finger at Predator:: Now now.. you had your chance.
<Electra> :::stands up slowly, watching Flipside:::
<Electra> I doubt you were looking for change in the first place
<Predator> Does this thing look like i can carry change in it? ::eyes Flipside::
<Predator> And what's with the whole... spider-man theme?
ACTION> FLIPSIDE SUDDENLY LEAPS OFF OF THE HOOD, LANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR GROUP AND LASHING BACK WITH HIS LEG AT LANDSLIDE, SENDING THE LARGE MAN FLYING BACK.
<Flipside> You know the S-Man?! He's my best friend, y'know... whether he likes it or not!
<Predator> ::grunts something incoherent and pulls the hood up to check on Jax::
<Landslide> ::falls backwards to the ground:: ((might as well use it to my advantage..)) ::tries to create a crack in the ground below Flipside with his impact on the ground::
<Jaxion> ::drops to his knees, then flops onto the ground, unconscious::
<Predator> ::sighs and turns around to face Flip again::
<Flipside> ::jumps and flips at amazing speeds away from the crack, stopping near Landslide and staring at him:: ((Checking for possible matches...)) ::goes through various images of TwenCen heroes in his head:: ((No match found.))
<Electra> ::::looks slightly startled and brings her fist up, electricity crackling around it as she aims it towards Flipside:::
<Predator> ::crouches slightly, preparing to leap at Flipside:: ((Just hold still a second...))
<Flipslide> ::back flips over Electra's head, landing behind her:: ((Searching for matches)) ::does the same thing in his mind:: ((No matches found.))
<Angel_Blue> ::fires a few blasts at flipside's chest, not powerful enough to kill::
<Electra> :::spins around, swinging her fist at Flipside, attempting to shock him::: What the..?
<Landslide> ::tries to make his way back to his feet::
<Predator> ((damn this guy's fast...)) ::springs at him::
<Flipside> ::rolls beneath both attacks quickly, nearing Angel Blue:: ((Searching for matches...)) ::stares at her:: ((No matches found))
ACTION> FLIPSIDE IS TACKLED BY PREDATOR, BUT QUICKLY KICKS HER OFF HIM AND GETS BACK TO HIS FEET.
<Angel_Blue> ::fires blasts at his head this time::
<Flipside> ::stares at Predator:: ((Searching... Two possibilities found.))
<Landslide> ::attempts to raise the earth from under Flipsides feet quickly after preds' attack::
<Predator> Oof! ::growls and picks herself up:: Oh, you're goin' down now...
<Flipside> ::leaps into the air again, distancing himself from them all::
ACTION> FLIPSIDE'S WHOLE BODY STARTS TO GLOW BRIGHTLY.
<Predator> ::bares her teeth, hissing quietly:: I don't like this...
<Angel_Blue> ::continues to fire blasts at the guy::
ACTION> FLIPSIDE'S BODY STARTS TO MORPH, THE BLASTS SEEMINGLY HAVING NO EFFECT. WHEN THE GLOWING STOPS AND THE TRANSFORMATION IS COMPLETE, FLIPSIDE LOOKS SIMILAR TO SABRETOOTH WITH BLACK HAIR AND A STRANGE COSTUME.
<Angel_Blue> ::stops firing:: ((this is too weird....))
<Predator> ... @#$# you. ::charges at Flip, snarling::
<Flipside> ::snarls back:: Come fer it, pup!
*SNIKT!*
ACTION> THREE METAL CLAWS POP OUT OF THE TOPS OF BOTH OF FLIPSDE'S HANDS.
*******MEANWHILE*******
SCENE> THE OTHER GROUP ARRIVES AT ENTRANCE TO THE ABANDONED BUILDING. THE LARGE METAL DOORS ARE CRACKED OPEN JUST A LITTLE, AND EVERYTHING IS EERILY SILENT.
<Kali> ::Glances around the area nervously.:: Hello? ::Pushes the door open slightly.::
<Static`> Shock..Way too quiet for my liking, personally..::Tries to push open the other door::
ACTION> THERE IS NO ANSWER. INSIDE THE BUILDING IS DARK AND BARREN. A FIRE ALSO APPEARS TO HAVE TAKEN PLACE THERE A LONG TIME AGO.
<Static`> Well..doesn't look like we're gonna find much..doesn't hurt to look, though, I suppose..::Steps inside the building::
<Kali> How sad... ::Frowns quietly and looks around and slips inside.:: Perhaps something might have surrived..
ACTION> STATIC STEPS ON SOMETHING SOFT, LOOKING DOWN HE CAN SEE ITS A BADLY BURNED TEDDY BEAR
<Static`> ::Frowns and lifts his foot off the teddy bear, crouching down and picking up it up:: Shock..there were kids, here..
<Kali> Oh... ::Frowns sadly, her wings droop.:: It's not fair children have to suffer like this...
ACTION> FOOTSTEPS CAN BE HEARD FROM ALL AROUND THEM, AS WELL AS RUFFLING OF CAPES OR CLOAKS.
<Static`> No, it's not..::Stops and frowns, igniting his neural blades at the sound of footsteps::
<Kali> ::Turns around, prepared to blast at anything with... irony... a fireball.::
ACTION> PEOPLE GARBED IN BLACK, HOODED CLOAKS RUSH OUT FROM THE SHADOWS. ALL ARMED WITH JAGGED, METAL SCYTHES.
<Kali> ::Growls, thorwing a fireball at one of them.::
<Static`> This can't be good..::Ports at one of the people, trying to neutralize one with his blades:: Who the shock are you?
ACTION> THE MAN SCREAMS AS HIS CLOAK BURSTS INTO FLAMES. ONE OF THE OTHERS SLICES HIS HEAD RIGHT OFF IN PASSING.
ACTION> MANY OF THE CLOAKED PEOPLE ATTACK STATIC, SLASHING WILDLY AT HIM.
<Static`> Shock..there's too many of them..::Tries to port repeatedly and slash at the cloaked people::
<Kali> ::Blasts a large fireball at the people furthest away form Static and charges at the attackers ramming one with her shoulder.::
ACTION> ONE OF THE MEN RAMS INTO KALI FROM THE SIDE, SWINGING HIS SCYTHE AND SLAMMING THE METAL BLUNT SIDE AGAINST HER HEAD.
<Static`> Shock..Leave her alone! ::Ports at the man that attacked Kali, trying to stab his blade straight through his forehead::
<Kali> Ugh! ::Takes the hit and shakes her head and stumbles.::
ACTION> KALI PASSES OUT, FALLING RIGHT INTO THE ARMS OF ONE OF THEIR ATTACKERS.
<Man> ::holds onto Kali:: We have the daughter!
ACTION> THE MAN STATIC STABS FALLS TO THE GROUND. BUT HE IS QUICKLY RUSHED BY DOZENS UPON DOZENS OF THE CLOAKED MEN.
<Static`> ::Tries to fight off the men, slashing at them with his knifes:: ((Shock! Can't let them get her..))
*******MEANWHILE*******
SCENE> FLIPSIDE AND PREDATOR CONTINUE FIGHTING, THE OTHER MORLOCKS ARE FORCED TO WATCH AT THE SIDELINES. GETTING TO CLOSE WOULD GET THEM SHREDDED BY EITHER COMBATANT.
<Predator> ::pupils narrowed to slits, is pretty much beyond noticing anything but Flipside, as she is trying very hard to tear him apart::
<Angel_Blue> ::leaning against the maglev, watching::
<Flipside> ::grabs one of Predator's wrists, hurling her back against a the maglev and immediately lunging after her::
<Angel_Blue> gah!! ::quickly gets away from them::
<Predator> ::snarls, bringing her legs up to rake her toe-claws down Flipside's stomach::
ACTION> PREDATOR'S TOE CLAWS SLICE DOWN FLIPSIDE'S STOMACH, REVEALING CIRCUITRY. FLIPSIDE CRASHED ONTO HER, SMASHING HER INTO THE MAGLEG AND CRUSHING THE WHOLE FRONT PART OF IT.
<Flipside> ::growls, bringing one of his claws back for a killing blow:; You're mine, meat!
<Landslide> <<gtg, night>>
<Predator> ::lunges for his/its throat with her teeth::
<Powerslam> ::stands calmly off to the side, watching the battle intently::
<Flipside> ::ignores the bite, raking through her side with his claws, also tearing through the maglev's generator::
<Angel_Blue> ::mutters something about having to walk::
ACTION> THE MAGLEV EXPLODES, THROWING PREDATOR AND FLIPSIDE APART. PREDATOR LANDS BY THE MORLOCKS, IN BAD SHAPE AND BARELY ABLE TO MOVE.
<Predator> ::licks blood off her lips and coughs weakly::
<Powerslam> ::walks over and picks up Preds over his shoulder:: Gonna need a big bottle of iodine... ::turns to head towards the building the others went to::
<Predator> ::garbled growl::
<Powerslam> Yeah yeah, you can do that when you're actually able to spell your own name again.
<Angel_Blue> ::looks around for the flipside guy::
ACTION> FLIPSIDE JUMPS OUT FROM THE SMOKE. IN PRETTY BAD SHAPE HIMSELF WITH MUCH OF HIS CIRCUITRY EXPOSES AND HALF HIS NECK TORN OUT, BUT STILL READY TO FIGHT.
<Angel_Blue> ::fires huge blasts at the exposed parts of his circuitry::
<Predator> ::hisses and starts smacking at Slam with anything she can still move, trying to get back toward Flipside::
<Electra> :::sends sparks of electricity towards Flipside::: ((Why am I involved in this in the first place...?!)) We have to keep him away from Predator...
<Powerslam> ::sets Preds down then turns, putting himself between Preds and Flipside:: I'm afraid I can't let you go near her. You've had your fun, now leave her alone. ::calmly:: Or I'll make you leave her alone. ::growls::
<Predator> ::pulls herself to her hands and knees before passing out and slumping back to the ground::
<Angel_Blue> ((this is a well-built robot.........)) ::fires blasts at flipside's neck::
ACTION> FLIPSIDE TAKES THE BLASTS, THOUGH THEY TEAR HIS BODY APART BADLY. UNTIL ANGEL BLUE BLASTS THROUGH HIS NECK, CAUSING HIS HEAD TO POP RIGHT OFF.
<Flipside> ::stop all movement and falls to the ground by his head::
<Electra> Is it...dead...? :::looks hesitant:::
<Predator> ::opens her eyes and coughs again::
<Powerslam> Don't know, don't care... but what can it do, bite our knees off? ::picks up Preds, slightly less roughly this time::
<Angel_Blue> ....hopefully.....::examines it, trying to see if its circuitry is repairing itself::
<Electra> :::tries to hide a snicker at that comment:::
<Predator> OW! ::swats Slam and struggles:: Pu'me down!
ACTION> FLIPSIDE NOW SEEMS COMPLETELY INACTIVE. ANGEL BLUE DOESN'T RECOGNIZE THE CIRCUITRY, LIKE NOTHING SHE'S EVER SEEN.
<Jaxion> ::unconscious, on ground, not wanting to be left::
<Powerslam> Oh hush you. Once you can actually do some damage to me again, then I'll put you down. Just trust me for once and relax.
<Electra> :::walks over to Jaxion:::uhm...maybe somebody should carry him..?
*******EPILOGUE*******
TIME> ABOUT AN HOUR AFTER THE MORLOCKS LEFT CAMP.
SCENE> AT THE MORLOCK'S FORMER CAMPSITE, A HORDE OF MEN IN BLACK CLOAKS ARRIVE AND START LOOKING AROUND.
<Man1> They're already left. No matter.
<Man2> But the demon..!
<Man1> Is nothing to our goddess! We will-
ACTION> THE CONVERSATION STOPS AS THE SOUNDS OF SNARLING.
<Man1> What?! ::turns quickly::
ACTION> FLIPSIDE STANDS BEHIND THE GROUP, TWO OF THEIR MEN ALREADY DEAD AT HIS FEET. HIS HEAD IS REATTACHED, AND MOST OF THE SERIOUS DAMAGE IS NO LONGER SO SERIOUS.
<Flipside> ::growls, bearing his teeth:: Start runnin'.
*******SIM END*******