*******PRELUDE*******
LOCATION> DETENTION CENTER IN FLORIDA, OWNED BY THE HORIZON CORPORATION.
SCENE> TWO GUARDS WALK SIDE BY SIDE THROUGH THE DIM CORRIDORS, PASSING BY CELLS EACH WITH THEIR OWN PATHETIC LOOKING PRISONER.
<Guard1> So how many we taking to the extermination chamber tonight?
<Guard2> Two.
<Guard1> Two? ::blinks:: Shock.. slow day. This shift usually has at least 10 degens to exterminate. Who're these two?
<Guard2> One's some reject from the R&D. They're apparently done with whatever they were doing to her.
<Guard1> They always have us nuking their garbage..
<Guard2> Yeah, heh. The others just some mutie. Stupid enough to be found in the urban zone. Hardboots nailed her with an inhibitor spike and dragged her here.
<Guard1> Don't shocking believe it. You'd think those glitches would know better, especially after President Rogers declared that all muties caught in cities get executed.
<Guard2> ::walks up to a cell door, pressing a button on the panel and opening the door:: The mutant's across the hall.
ACTION> THE CELL DOOR OPENS, SHOWING THE OCCUPANT TO BE A RATHER TIRED AND WEAK LOOKING WOMAN. BLUE SPLOTCHES APPEAR ALL OVER HER SKIN, AND SILVER EYES HIDE BEHIND HER DARK BROWN HAIR.
<Angel_Blue> ::glares at the guard::
<Guard1> ::nods and heads over to the other cell, opening that door::
<Guard2> ::looks down at Angel Blue, holding his weapon:: Just get up and get out. Cooperate and I won't splatter you all over the walls.
<Angel_Blue> ::slowly stands up::
ACTION> INSIDE THE OTHER CELL IS ANOTHER WOMAN, THIS ONE WITH BLUE HAIR AND INHIBITOR SPIKE BURIED IN HER BACK.
<Guard2> ::glares down at Electra:: Just give me reason to stomp you into a stain. Out, now.
<Electra> :::gets up and walks out, without a word:::
<Angel_Blue> ::just stands there looking at the guard::
<Jaxion> Guard2>::Steps back, out of the way of the door:: Come on out into the corridor.
<Angel_Blue> ::slowly walks out of her cell::
ACTION> ANGEL BLUE AND ELECTRA ARE FORCED TO WALK IN FRONT OF THE GUARDS, WHO CONTINUE TO AIM THEIR WEAPONS AT THEM.
<Angel_Blue> ::walks as slowly as she can....and then turns around, firing a blast at the guard's weapons::
<Guard2> What the shock?! ::backs up as his gun is blasted away::
<Electra> ::::turns around after Angel blasts the guns and swings her leg around to trip the surprised guards:::
<Guard1> ::charges at Angel, grabbing for her but being kicked by Electra::
<Guard2> Kill the both of you glitches! ::dives for his gun::
<Electra> ::::dives for the gun as well::::
<Angel_Blue> ::fires another blast at the second guard::
<Guard2> Agh! ::puts his hands on his face as the blast hits the floor right by it, rolls into the wall and stops moving::
<Electra> ::::grabs the gun and aims it towards the guards:::
ACTION> BOTH OF THE GUARD ARE DOWN, AND IN BAD SHAPE.
<Electra> :::Looks over to Angel::: Okay...let's get out of here...could you remove this spike?
<Angel_Blue> ::looks at the spike:: maybe...
*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> NORTHERN NEVADA. THE BURIED TREASURE CASINO.
TIME> TWO DAYS LATER.
SCENE> THE CASINO IS FILLED WITH PEOPLE, MANY OF WHICH INTOXICATED, PLAYING THE HOUSE'S GAMES SUCH AS THE CLASSIC CARD GAMES AND STRANGE SLOT MACHINES. THOSE NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE GAMES STAND ON THE OBSERVATION DECK, WATCHING THE CASINO'S MAIN EVENT, THE GRAVEDIGGER'S WHEEL.
ACTION> THE MORLOCKS HAVE STOPPED AT THE CASINO, ON THEIR SEARCH FOR THE MEANS TO GET TO HALO CITY. KALI'S OBVIOUS MUTANCY HAS BEEN HIDDEN FROM THE GENERAL PUBLIC BY A SPELL FROM JAXION. JAXION IS CURRENTLY ONE OF THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE GRAVEDIGGER'S WHEEL.
<Synapse> ::wanders through the crowd:: ((So many people here . . .))
<Xeno> ::plays on the slots:: come on... bar.... bar..... lemon!?!?!? damn
<Kali> ::Watches from the obversation deck with a half amused, half bored, look.:: What pleasure do people get from losing what little money they have?
ACTION> THE PARTICIPANTS OF THE GRAVEDIGGER'S WHEEL ARE SEATED AROUND A LARGE, WHEEL OF FORTUNE TYPE WHEEL. MARKED ON THE WHEEL ARE VARIOUS MONETARY AMOUNTS, ALONG WITH THREE OF MARKS. "BANKRUPTCY," "DEBT," AND "GRAVEDIGGER."
<Static> ::Shrugs slightly:: I guess they get a rush out of it. ::Takes a sip of his drink::
<Powerslam> ::adjusts his Clark Kent-ish glasses, running a hand over his hair that's tied back, surveying the scene in a fairly priced looking suit::
<Jaxion> Announcer> ::sits in a chair on a podium rising up from the middle of the wheel:: Once again, it is time for Gravedigger's Wheel! The players are all ready and acknowledge the risks that they face! So let's spin the wheel!
ACTION> THE WHEEL SPINS AROUND AND AROUND, AS ALL THE PLAYERS LOOK ON IN ANTICIPATION. THE WHEEL SLOWS TO A STOP, AND EACH PLAYER FINDS A MARKER POINTING AT THEM WITH SOME MONETARY VALUE. EXCEPT FOR ONE MAN, WHO FINDS HIMSELF BEING POINTED AT BY THE BANKRUPTCY MARKER.
<Kali> Risks..? ::Frowns.::
<Firewall> ::watches the people playing the Gravedigger's wheel, sipping on a drink::
<Xeno> ::puts in more money and pulls the lever::
<Jaxion> Announcer> Oh! It looks like one unfortunate soul is out of the game already. Seeing as you no longer have any wealth to you, goodbye.
ACTION> THE MAN IS DROPPED DOWN INTO A PIT THAT OPENS DIRECTLY BELOW HIM. HIS SCREAMING GETS FARTHER AND FARTHER AWAY UNTIL IT CAN NO LONGER BE HEARD.
<Jaxion> Announcer> ...Let's spin again!
<Kali> .. Isn't that illegal somewhere?
<Static> ::Blinks, slightly:: Right..and this is why you'll never catch me playing any of these shocking games..::Takes another sip of his drink::
<Firewall> ::watches the man drop:: Well, that's one way to cure a gambling addiction, albeit a harsh one...
<Jaxion> ::seems to be fidgeting nervously::
<Synapse> ::walks past a rather large gentlemen at a slot machine next to xeno with a nice pair of shades on:: ((So, so many people here . . .)) People with nice shades. ::grins::
<Xeno> 7..... 7.... lemon????? damn you lemon!!!
<Kali> ::Sighs.:: I suppose this game would be a rush for people.
<Xeno> ::walks away from the machine::
ACTION> ONLY KALI RECOGNIZES JAXION'S ACTIONS. HIS FIDGETING HANDS ACTUALLY CASTING SOME SORT OF SPELL.
<Landslide> ::stands contently watching the game::
<Xeno> ::walks to the gravedigger observatory::
<Firewall> ::finishes off his drink, then chases down a hostess for another, tossing her a tip as he takes a drink:: Thanks doll. ::winks::
ACTION> THE WHEEL GOES FOR ANOTHER SPIN. AT THE END OF THIS SPIN, ONE MAN FINDS HIMSELF BEING POINTED AT BY THE "DEBT" MARKER, AND ANOTHER SEES THE "GRAVEDIGGER" MARKER POINTING AT HIM.
<Synapse> ::puts the gentlemen in the nice shades into a sleeper hold and takes his shades once he passes out::
<Landslide> ::claps happily::
<Announcer> Double the penalties! ::looks down at the man with the "Debt":: Perhaps we'll see you again in tonight's Deathmatch Arena! Take 'im away!
<Kali> ::Sighs slightly and takes a sip of some low level of alchololic drink.:: <<Being such a good girl I wouldn't know any fancy low amount of achololic drinks>>
ACTION> TWO LARGE MEN WALK UP BEHIND THE MAN, DRAGGING HIM OUT OF HIS SEAT AND OFF THE GAME STAGE. THE MAN PRACTICALLY KICKS AND YELLS THE ENTIRE WAY.
<Static> ::Quirks an eyebrow and watches:: Can't believe they shocking allow this stuff..::Finishes off his drink, ordering himself another::
<Announcer> And for the gravedigger.. ::looks over at the other man:: you lose.
ACTION> A CHARGE OF ENERGY RUNS DOWN THE "GRAVEDIGGER" MARKER, STRIKING THEM MAN WHO SCREAMS IN AGONY UNTIL NOTHING IS LEFT OF HIM BUT A CHARRED SKELETON.
<Landslide> ::puts his index, middle finger,. and thumb up to his chin and rubs the hair on it:: ((Joto wonders if there is a sumo arena nearby... This would be great time for joto to impress his new friends...))
<Powerslam> ::heads over to the bar calmly and casually, getting himself a drink he knows his healing factor can handle reasonably well but still give him a good buzz::
<Xeno> hmm, thats... interesting
<Firewall> ::pauses in mid-sip as the man gets zapped, shrugs, then continues drinking:: You win some, you lose some.
<Synapse> ::puts the shades on and smirks:: Now, where are all of our new friends hiding, boys?
<Landslide> ::smiles and leaves the wheel game area and heads downstairs towards the dance/nightclub part of the casino::
<Announcer> ::grins:: Who's up for the next go around?
<Static> Shock..::Blinks at the skeleton, taking a puff of his cigarette:: I honestly feel some kind of urge to stop this..
<Xeno> i guess ::points at a guy:: he will get gravedigger next
<Kali> ::Gasps, eyes widen in horror.:: It's just a game... How much money does this game have at stake?
<Landslide> ::takes his shades from out of his pocket and puts them on his eyes then walks into the extremely loud club::
<Static> I'm guessing one hell of a lot..::Frowns::
<Landslide> ::hears and feels the beat and immediately starts to dance, drawing attention from his enormous size::
ACTION> THE DANCECLUB IS FILLED WITH COLORED LIGHTS AND LOUD MUSIC, ALL FILLED WITH SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES FOR ENHANCED SNESATION.
<Powerslam> ::walks over to Static, taking the cigarette out of his mouth, crushing it between his fingers:: Such a nasty habit.
<Landslide> ::bobs his head from side to side then slams each foot to his sides in squat like then crab walks forward::
<Man> ::overhears Static and Kali while watching the game:: They're playing for the black card, kiddies. Ultimate unlimited wealth. ::snickers and starts to walk off:: People rarely survive to get it.
<Landslide> ::grins and backs his ass up, moving each individual cheek to the beat of the music::
<Static> ::Glares at Powerslam:: Why don't you go shock yourself and leave my habits the hell alone. ::Takes out another cigarette, lighting it up::
*******INTERLUDE*******
LOCATION> THE NEVADA DESERT, APPROACHING HALO CITY
SCENE> A LONG LINE OF MUTANTS STRETCHES OUT FROM THE ENTRANCE TO HALO CITY. A MAN WALKS ALONG THE LINE, HEADING DIRECTLY FOR THE ENTRANCE. AS OLD AS HE APPEARS, HE STILL STANDS AND LOOKS STRONG. THE SECURITY AT THE FRONT GATE, DON'T EVEN LOOK AT HIM AS HE WALKS UP TO THE DESK.
<Guard1> Welcome t'Halo City Immie Control. Name, genotype, previous residence.
<Dust> ::speaks in almost a whisper:: I have had several names. I now use the name Dust.
ACTION> A LARGE GREY MAN WALKS UP BEHIND DUST, LOOKING ANGRY. SHARP BLADES STICK OUT FROM HIS BODY IN A RANDOM LOOKING ARRANGEMENT.
<Man> 'ey, I was 'ere first. I been queing a day an' I was 'ere first.
<Dust> I need to enter the city immediately.
<Guard1> Back o'the queue, Dusty. City'll still be here when you come back. I want some caffeine. I been on this duty two days. Could I get some caffeine up here?
<Man> 'ey, you 'eard the guy. ::grabs Dust's shoulder, blades sticking out from between his fingers::
<Dust> Hm.. but he didn't here me.
<Dust> ::right eye flares with red energy:: And I got bored with little men who sprout sharp things from their hands a long time ago.
ACTION> THE MAN SCREAMS AS RED ENERGY RIPPLES VIOLENTLY AROUND HIS HAND AND FOREARM, THE FLESH EXPLODING OFF HIS BONES.
<Dust> And as for you people, call yourself secutiry.. ::causes another energy ripple to appear, destroying the desk:: ...if Bishop were here today he'd throw up in disgust at the sight of you.
<Guard2> ::approaches the other guard, his hands large metal pincers:: Psychokinetic!
<Guard3> ::flares his entire body with green energy:: Smart man.. fighting with mutant abilities in a city full of mutants..
<Guard1> ::starts to turn a orangish red, standing up:: Bishop..? Wasn't he in the..
<Dust> ::glares at them, right eye still flaring:: The Twentieth century X-Men?
<Guard1> ::blinks:: You didn't.. You weren't.. Naaaah..
<Dust> Yes, I was.
ACTION> THE AIR AROUND THEM BECOMES A STORM OF ENERGY. THE GUARDS ARE THROWN UP IN THE AIR AND BATTERED TO THE GROUND, UNCONSCIOUS.
<Dust> I'm sorry. But I have to enter the city immediately. ::walks through the front gate, into the city:: I have to find the children.
ACTION> ANOTHER MUTANT WALKS UP TO THE DOWNED GUARDS, WITH ORANGE SKIN AND A FIN COMING UP OFF THE TOP OF HIS HEAD.
<Mutant> Ummm.. You want we should wait a while or can we just go right in?
*******INTERLUDE END*******
LOCATION> NORTHERN NEVADA. JUST OUTSIDE THE BURIED TREASURE CASINO.
TIME> LATER THAT DAY
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS ARE GATHERED OUT IN THE FRONT OF THE CASINO. JAXION SURVIVED THE GRAVEDIGGER'S WHEEL, THOUGH HE DID NOT GET THE BLACK CARD. THEY ARE WAITING FOR HIM TO COME OUT OF THE CASINO TO MEET THEM.
<Landslide> ::leans against a wall of the casino, with an exhausted appearance::
<Firewall> ::stands around with his hands in his pockets, glancing around:: Well, that was interesting.
<Powerslam> ::stands casually, arms folded over his chest, still in the slick Clark Kent lawyer like look::
<Kali> ::Reaches to rub her temple.:: Interesting really isn't the word for it...
<Static> ::Takes a puff from his cigarette:: Barbaric..even for this world.
<Powerslam> Barbaric? Not really... it's not like the contestants have to fight to the death and the one who survive's the winner. That's barbaric.
<Jaxion> ::walks out of the casino:: That's also what the Deathmatch Arena is.. which starts in an hour.
<Synapse> Oh, lighten up you two. ::throws one arm around kali's shoulders and the other around static's:: This is the most tame fun I've had since hooking up with you guys. ::smirks:: Like the shades?
<Xeno> ::watches silent:: so, how much ya win?
<Kali> Depends on your point of view. Having to fight to the death gives you more of a chance than letting a wheel decide youf fate. ::Blinks.:: They're very nice looking.
<Powerslam> A wheel is so much simpler... either you live, or you die. It's not very hard to figure out.
<Static> ::Grunts and glances at the shades:: Great..
<Jaxion> Enough to get us to Halo City.
<Xeno> thats always good i won a bit, if is wasnt for those damned lemons i woulda won more
<Synapse> Lighten, up. ::gets static in a headlock and gives him a noogie with a grin::
<Xeno> do we really have to bring him along? ::motions to synapse::
<Powerslam> ::chuckles::
ACTION> XENO NOTICES TWO WOMAN HEADING DIRECTLY TOWARDS THEM. ONE IS A WOMAN WITH BLUE HAIR, THE OTHER HE CAN'T SEE DUE TO HER WEARING A HOODED CLOAK.
<Powerslam> ::looks at Synapse:: Why shouldn't we bring him along? He's got good taste in shades.
<Jaxion> ::flips a silver card through his fingers:: We've never been that picky about membership in the past.
<Xeno> ::blinks at the women then looks back:: well i wasnt around in the past, i dont think people not in their right minds should be here
<Angel_Blue> ::unable to stop herself....runs up to xeno and hugs him::
<Jaxion> ::blinks at the woman and Xeno:: Tell that to her.
<Electra> :::walks towards the group that Angel ran to:::
<Firewall> Well, let's head for Halo City... ::sees girl hug Xeno and the other girl:: Hey, who're they?
<Xeno> ::blinks down at her:: umm do i know you miss?
<Jaxion> Xeno.. ::glances at the two women:: Explanation?
<Angel_Blue> ::with a grin:: you should ::takes the hood off her head::
<Static> ::Mutters something as he's noogied and looks over at the two women heading over::
<Xeno> oh my..... Kimberly? is that you? ::lifts her into the air:: it is you! ::hugs her::
<Powerslam> ::raises an eyebrow behind his glasses, looking over at Jax::
<Jaxion> Who?
<Synapse> ::mood immediately turns sour:: Is anyone else as disgusted by this display as we are?
<Xeno> ::ignores Jaxion:: what happened to you?
<Kali> ::Looks puzzled.:: We?
<Powerslam> ::looks at Synapse:: Who?
<Angel_Blue> ::face darkens:: i was....experimented on...
<Jaxion> ::gives up on Angel and Xeno and looks at Electra:: Will you tell me what's going on?
<Xeno> by.. by who? ::puts her down::
<Static> ::Looks confused:: Right..okay..
<Angel_Blue> Horizon.
<Electra> :::shrugs slightly::: She said she was looking for her fiancee...and I'm guessing that's him..:::glances at Xeno and Angel:::
<Synapse> Nevermind.
<Jaxion> Ah.. ::glances at the silver card he's holding:: Looks like I need to book more seats on the transport
<Xeno> ::grits his teeth:: them again....
<Electra> Yeah...it looks like she'll want to stay with you guys..
<Powerslam> ::looks at Jax:: Or you could just buy us another one
<Jaxion> ::glances up from the card at Electra:: What about you?
<Static> ::Quirks an eyebrow:: He's got a fiance? Hunh. ::Shrugs and glances at Kali:: Well..you learn something new every day..
<Electra> I don't know..:::turns her back to the others::: Maybe I'll figure something out eventually..
<Angel_Blue> yeah..... ::kisses xeno's forehead::
<Kali> ::Nods slightly, still has a puzzled expression on her face.:: Yes..
<Xeno> ::looks back at the others::
<Powerslam> So anyways... ::looks around:: we've been here too long... feels like something bad always happens to us when we've been in one spot for too long ::looks at Jax:: Can we go yet?
<Jaxion> We're headed to Halo City, y'know.. ::watches Electra::
<Electra> What's that? :::looks away:::
<Synapse> ::grins:: Come on now, stop being stubborn. You know you want to join us. ::crosses his eyes and drones on monotonously:: Join us, join us, join us. Join us, join us, join us. . .
<Powerslam> ::looks from Xeno to Angel, Jax to Electa then Synapse to Static, shaking his head::
<Angel_Blue> ::looking at xeno:: how's the suit been holding up?
<Xeno> ::looks back:: better than ever, have upgrades on it too
<Electra> :::Looks at Synapse::: If you do keep that up, I definately won't...and why would you want me to join anyways? You don't even know me..
<Angel_Blue> ::small smile:: sounds like you've been busy
<Jaxion> A mutant only city. And seeing that inhibitor spike scar on your back, I'm thinking that's a place you'd want to go. ::crosses his arms:: We're short on time.
<Synapse> Well how else do we get acquainted?
<Electra> :::shakes her head slightly::: I've been on my own for much of my life...I haven't done too bad up until recently..
<Xeno> oh i have. doing many odds and ends
<Powerslam> ::folds his arms on his chest, looking at Electa:: Alright, then join us and you'll get to fight the corps... that's usually the incentive most people on this team're going for... unless they joined to not be killed.
<Angel_Blue> promise to tell me all about it later on?
<Xeno> alright
<Angel_Blue> ::smiles at him::
<Jaxion> Like I said, we don't have time. Since you helped Xeno's fiance, we'll take you to Halo City. You can decide what to do there. ::Starts walking tot he transport station::
<Xeno> ::smiles back::
<Electra> :::Looks dubious::: Fine...that sounds okay to me..
<Powerslam> ::unfolds his arms:: ((`sabout time...)) ::follows after Jax::
<Xeno> ::starts walking with angel to the transport station::
*******SIM END*******