*******PRELUDE*******
LOCATION> SEATTLE
SCENE> LANDSLIDE AND PREDATOR HAVE JUST ARRIVED, HOVERING OVER WHAT WAS SEATTLE JUST MINUTES AGO. THE FORMER SKYCITY IS NOW GROUNDED, AND NOT MUCH MORE THAN A HUGE AREA OF FLAMING RUBBLE.
<Predator> ...Figures. ((Hope the others got out before getting toasted...))
<Landslide> ::blinks looking out the window:: Joto thought This was supposed to be big city?
ACTION> SOMETHING SEEMS TO BE MOVING ALL OVER THE WRECKAGE OF THE CITY.
<Predator> Yeah, so did I
<Predator> ::squints slightly, looking closer::
ACTION> AT CLOSER LOOK, HUNDREDS OF LARGE, ARMORED SPIDERS CAN BE SEEN CRAWLING ABOUT THE WRECKAGE. SOME TEARING AND DIGGING THROUGH IT, OTHERS DEVOURING CORPSES.
<Predator> Ohhh yuck.
<Landslide> ::looks to predator:: Do you know what happened?
<Predator> Most of a century to sit around and invent things... and what do you guys come up with? Giant spiders. ::wrinkles her nose and glances down at the ground again:: I am not landing this thing if I don't have to
<Landslide> Spiders? Joto kill many spiders every day home in Hawaii.. What is so bad about spiders?
ACTION> THE SPIDERS SUDDENLY STOP WHAT THEY'RE DOING AND LOOK UP AT THE JET. SOON THE HUNDREDS OF SPIDERS START TO RISE INTO THE AIR.
<Predator> ::points:: That. ::tries to get the jet moving, preferably away, and fast::
<Landslide> ::eyes widen looking out the window:: Joto Wonders what is going on? Why are these Spiders so large, and why are they flying?
ACTION> SOON THE SPIDERS FILL THE AIR BEHIND THEM, AND LARGE, ORGANIC CANNONS CAN BE SEEN HANGING FROM THEIR UNDERBELLIES AS THEY START TO PURSUE THE JET
*******SIM START*******
SCENE> DOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ELEVATOR SHAFT LEADING TO THE UNDERGROUND TUNNELS, THE MORLOCKS LAY SPRAWLED OUT AND JUST STARTING TO REGAIN CONSCIOUSNESS, SOME INSIDE THE SHAFT AND OTHERS THROWN OUT INTO THE CORRIDOR AFTER THEIR FALL. SMALL WRECKAGE AND SPIDER PARTS/GUTS FELL ON THEM AS WELL.
<Shackle> :::: shakes his head and stands up looking at the goo on him ::::
<Shackle> hmmm any one care for some raw spider?
<Kali> ::Squeals in horror seeing a rather intresting looking part of the intestine area draped around her arm and face.:: OH GOD! ::Scrambles up on her feet.::
<Firewall> ::gets up, brushing stuff off::
<Xeno> ::gets up slowly::
<Powerslam> ::stares up, eyes wide at a bunch of eyes inches away from his eyes:: ...
<Jaxion> ::groans, pushing a spider leg off of him and wiping some goo off his face:: Well whaddaya know.. survived the fall..
<Static> ::Sprawled out, before his eyes snap wide open and he takes in a gasp of breath, sitting up and coughing:: Oh shock..I HATE that..
<Kali> ::Squeezes her eyes shut and shakes her head.:: isnothappening... isnothappening <No, once she's away from the spiders she'll be fine. Embarassed as hell but fine.>
<Powerslam> GAH! ::forms a bunch of energy balls and releases them randomly around, swatting the eyes away::
<Jaxion> Whoa! ::clinks as an energy ball goes past his fast:: Powerslam, shockin' stop!
<Xeno> hey ::ducks an energy ball::
<Kali> ::Pauses, slowly opens an eye and glances at Static focusing something other than spider guts.:: S-s- so y- you're all right? ::Hits the floor and feels her self squish something, she doesn't want to know.::
<Powerslam> ::shivers, looking around:: Shocking spiders...
<Shackle> now what?
<Kali> ::Glances up and slowly pulls herself floor again after the attack.::
<Jaxion> ::stands up, wincing:: We have to go... now.
<Xeno> they are too hard to kill ::throws a leg off his shoulder::
<Kali> Yes! Go is good! ::Glances around nevously.:: It's very good!
<Static> Annoyed, but yeah..I'm okay..how about you? You don't look so good..::Moves over towards Kali::
<Shackle> btw, who's going to be the one to tell Doom we lost an entier City?
<Kali> I hate spiders...
<Firewall> ::looks around at all of the wreckage:: Yeah, let's get on the move... ::looks to Shackle:: I'm guessing he knows by now, if there are as many of these as I think there are...
<Jaxion> ::starts limping down the corridor, looking around:: Find an operational console.. figure out what the hell is going on..
<Static> ::Gives her shoulder a gentle squeeze:: We'll be out of this soon, I hope..feel free to use me as a walking stick, if you start to get naesous again. ::Glances around::
<Shackle> : nods to Jax and follows his lead searching ::::
<Xeno> ::looks up and turns on his scanner checking to see how many spiders are near the follows::
<Kali> ::Nods and follows.::
<Firewall> ::follows the rest of the team::
<Shackle> ::: passes Xeno and looks to him :: think Doom will take this out of our pay checks?
<Xeno> ::looks back down and walks:: hey, well say we wernt here when it happened, we were out on a mission
<Jaxion> ::walks up to a console, the screen shattered but buttons lit up:: No visual.. but let's see if I can get the audio up..
<Static> ::Heads after Jaxion, down the corridor:: Well..so much for keeping the Corps in check, it seems..
<Jaxion> ::works on the console:: Can't transmit.. but should be able to pick up a newscast or something..
<Kali> ::Mutters odd rants and harsh words in a unfamiliar tounge as she hears the word Corps mostly centering on the word genises<sp>::
ACTION> THE AUDIO COMES ON, STATICKY AT FIRST BUT CLEARS OUT.
<Voice> Steven Rogers, the heroic supersoldier history called Captain America, has returned. In a bizarre repeat of the flue cryonic phenomenon that flung him from middle to end of the TwenCen.
<Static> What? ::Glances over at Kali, blinking:: ((Did she say "Genesis"?))
<Voice> He has been recovered from the antartic by the Alchemax Corporation. An hour ago, he was whisked away by a flight of Alchemax Edgerunners, destination unknown.
<Kali> ::Blinks and realises she said something.:: Just damnning that man, that's all... it's all his fault with those damn spiders...
<Voice> This followed a controversial speech by Rogers, naming President Doom as the Architest of the Heroic Age's end. Alchemax appears to be protecting Rogers from possible White House retribution.
<Powerslam> ::forms a few energy balls to keep on guard for anymore spiders, then turns to the console, ignoring the energy balls and letting them float freely in a generic orbit around him::
<Static> ::Squints:: Assuming he was responsible, seems like I'll have yet another thing to "Thank" him for..::Listens to the monitor:: That can't be right..
<Voice> We spoke briefly with Jake Gallows, head of SHIELD's Punishment Police, who proclaimed his intention to "cut Roger's skin off."
<Xeno> ::watches silently::
<Firewall> ::continues listening to the broadcast, drawing out his sword in case any spiders are lurching about::
<Jaxion> That's it.. console's dead. ::steps back from it::
<Kali> ::Frowns slightly.:: This... ::shakes her head.::
<Static> ::Shakes his head:: Captain America doesn't seem like he'd be the type to hide from Doom..
<Kali> I just have this feeling that Doom's not really to blame.. I don't think. ::Shakes her head.::
<Powerslam> Look at how powerful Doom is... he's the President of the "United" Corporations of America
<Jaxion> Yeah and depending on the biography you watch, Captain America's said to be everything from a gun-toting manic to a Canadian. ::starts walking again::
<Kali> Yet how would he know the end of the age of heros, wasn't he frozen before that happened supposedly?
<Static> I've seen most of 'em. ::Shrugs:: Either way..there's something that really doesn't sit right with me about this..
<Powerslam> ::mutters:: A Canadian? That's worse than being some insane holographic clown. ::follows Jax::
<Xeno> ::looks at powerslam:: hey, i resent that ::follows::
<Shackle> ::: follows after jax ::::
<Powerslam> ::lets the two energy balls continue to orbit him, barely paying any attention to them::
<Kali> ::Hmms the lyrics to "Blame Canada".:: <We just love freeshots Cal, don't mind us. :)>
<Jaxion> Hopefully this tunnel will take us a safe distance away..
<Static> ::Heads after Jaxion, frowning thoughtfully behind his mask::
<Powerslam> And what if it doesn't? Do we get to get our asses handed to us again by those... spiderthings?
<Jaxion> No, we run the shock away..
<Kali> ::Whines from the back.:: No, please god no...
<Xeno> ill collapse the roof while we run so they cant follow
<Jaxion> Wait until we get out.. it's quiet up there now.. just keep an eye out
<Static> ::Glances back, stopping for a moment and looking towards Kali:: Sure you're alright?
<Xeno> no, i mean if they are at the end
<Powerslam> Trying to kill us so you can take over the country with your spider creatures, eh Bacon? ::snickers to himself::
<Shackle> Xeno, but what if the whole place caves in?
<Kali> ::Nods.:: Just scared... I'll grin and bear it. Just don't want too.
*******MEANWHILE*******
SCENE> LANDSLIDE'S AND PREDATOR'S JET FLIES LOW TO THE GROUND, STILL IN STEALTH MODE. THE SPIDER ARE SCATTERED ABOUT BEHIND THEM, SEARCHING AIMLESSLY FOR THE JET.
<Predator> ::can't help but keep checking behind them, grimacing:: ((How are we ever gonna find the others... assuming they made it out of the city alive))
<Landslide> ::looks to predator:: What happens now? Joto is worried for the inhabitants of this city
<Predator> ::studies the control panels for the jet:: ((If I knew how to run a scan for them, even...)) I don't think too many inhabitants of this city are still around, Joto.
<Landslide> ::looks down with an angry look on his face:: This angers Joto... There is no reason all these people needed to die... Joto thinks that these spiders should pay for what they have done
ACTION> ON THE GROUND AHEAD OF THEM, THE REST OF THE MORLOCKS CLIMB OUT OF A HATCH HIDDEN AMOUNG SOME LARGE ROCKS.
<Landslide> Joto sees people!
<Landslide> Some people must still be alive..
<Predator> ::blinks and quickly drops the jet to the ground, slowing it:: Whaddyaknow...
<Xeno> ::gets up and looks around::
<Firewall> ::climbs out of the hatch and looks around::
<Predator> ::opens the hatch:: Don't waste any time getting in, there's a pack of spiders on my tail..
<Kali> ::Scrambles out of the hatch and and takes in deep breaths resisting the ugre to fly around and do barrel rolls.::
<Shackle> hurrys into the ship::::
<Xeno> ::walks into the ship, armouring down::
<Powerslam> ::pulls himself out of the hatch then grabs the two energy balls, one in each hand and disipates them::
<Landslide> ::looks to the people coming into the jet and smiles happily and bows:: Joto is so happy not all have been killed
<Static> ::Looks around, squinting, before hurrying into the ship:: Great..more spiders..
<Predator> Anyone miss me? ::grins slightly, waiting for everyone to get aboard::
<Powerslam> ::raises a brow, looking at Preds then smirks:: Expect me to answer that honestly? ::walks onboard::
<Landslide> ::looks to predator:: Are these friends?
<Static> So where've you been off to? And who's the big guy? ::Looks at Landslide::
<Kali> More? ::Waves to Predator and the new guy and scrambles on board.:: Go! Move! Please?
ACTION> TWO SPIDERS DROP DOWN, BLOCKING FIREWALL AND JAXION FROM GETTING TO THE JET.
<Landslide> ::bows to Static:: Aloha ::smiles happily to Static::
<Predator> Yeah, I guess. Joto, meet the Morlocks. Morlocks... wuh oh.
<Xeno> ::armours up and jumps out and punches a spider fullforce::
<Jaxion> ::stops quickly, backing up:: Shock!
<Powerslam> ::sees the spiders, face twitching::
<Firewall> ::heads for jet, then gets blocked:: Shock!!!!!!
<Predator> ::swings the jet around, searching for some sort of weapon on the controls::
<Predator> Pleeease tell me this thing has a laser or something..
<Static> Shock..this idea cratered real fast..::Ignites his energy blades, turning to go back out of the jet and after the spiders::
<Xeno> ::flies into the air and fires a repulsor at the same spider::
ACTION> THE SPIDER SKIDS TO THE SIDE FROM THE PUNCH. THE OTHER ONE LUNGES AT XENO, SLAMMING HIM INTO THE ROCKS AROUND THE HATCH.
<Powerslam> ::hops out of the jet quietly, glaring at the spiders::
<Kali> Oh god... ::Swallows bitterly and moves outside to fight.::
<Xeno> ::hits the rock:: oof ::gets up slowley::
<Firewall> ::points his sword toward the spider and backs up::
ACTION> THE OTHER SPIDER MOVES IN FRONT OF POWERSLAM
<Xeno> ::flies into the air:: ((cant use rockets... they are too close...))
<Kali> ::Charges a large fireball and aims and shoots at the spiders eyes.::
<Static> ::Climbs out, porting at a spider and trying to stab downward at it from above, with his blades:: Hate ta say it, Kali..best way to get over your fear is to confront it..
<Landslide> Now joto fight.. Joto has had it with spiders who hurt people of city .. ::rumbles out of the jet and stands in his sumo stance squatted slightly and then lifts his hands up to raise the earth up from underneath the spider in a jagged shape to impale the spider::
<Predator> ::fidgets, keeping the jet hovering right by the fight::
<Shackle> :::: follows joto out of the jet and glares at the spiders sending one of his chained blade projectiles at one :::::
<Xeno> ::dives at a spider and gives it multiple punches::
<Firewall> ::heads for a spider, trying to slice its leg off::
ACTION> THE SPIKE STABS UP THROUGH PART OF THE SPIDER, NOT KILLING IT THOUGH. SHACKLE'S CHAIN'S BOUNCE OFF ITS ARMOR. THE OTHER SPIDER ISN'T AFFECTED BY STATIC'S KNIVES, AND ANNOYED BY THE FLAMES.
<Powerslam> ::concentrates, forming six fully charged energy balls, quickly sending them at the spider's face:: Spider go splat...
<Shackle> Shock ::: retracts the blade into his arm ::::
<Predator> ::straps herself into the pilot's seat more securely, then swings the jet around to smack into the side of a spider::
<Xeno> ::continues punching his spider::
ACTION> THE SPIDER ROARS, LUNGING FORWARD AS THE ENERGY BALLS EXPLODE AGAINST IT. IT'S ARMOR BREAKS AWAY AND PURPLE BLOOD OOZES OUT. A HOOKED SPEAR SHOOTS OUT FROM ITS MOUTH, STABBING INTO POWERSLAM'S MIDSECTION.
<Static> Shock..Not having any effect..Wait..::Squints, then ports towards the section of the spider where the armor is gone and tries stabbing it, again::
<Shackle> ::: looks to powerslam and see's the spider impale him ::::
<Predator> Argh. ::tries ramming the jet nose-first into a spider's side::
<Powerslam> ::eyes widen, looking down at himself:: ((...at least my skin's still for the most part on)) ::stumbles back, only to get caught by the hooks, slicing into him more::
<Xeno> go down ::continues punching::
ACTION> THE SPIDER ISN'T HARMED BY THE JET, BUT GETS READY TO ATTACK IT. THE OTHER SPIDER SCREECHES IN PAIN FROM STATIC'S KNIVES, BUT DOESN'T GO DOWN AS IT STARTS TO RETRACT THE SPEAR AND PULL POWERSLAM TOWARDS IT'S MOUTH.
<Kali> ::Tries diving at the spider again with a fireball.::
<Xeno> ::looks over at the other spider:: shock ::goes over and tires to break the line on the spear with a repulsor::
<Predator> ::growls, gunning the VTOL enough to raise the jet over the spider's back, then starts setting the jet down on top of the spider:: Since there don't seem to be any large shoes handy...
<Powerslam> ::coughs up some blood, bleeding profusely, lightly puts his hands on the spear then tries concentrating and sending a couple energy balls at the creature's mouth::
<Static> ::Continues slashing at the spider with his knives, trying to cause it enough pain to get it to let go::
<Landslide> ::starts growling and lifts one leg up and slams it into the ground, then the other leg and does the same and attempts to cause a quake to split the earth from beneath him and towards the spiders::
ACTION> XENO BREAKS THE SPEAR, DROPPING POWERSLAM AFTER HE SENDS OFF HIS ENERGY SPHERES, WHICH ARE ACCIDENTLY SWALLOWED BY THE SPIDER, WHO THEN EXPLODES AND SENDS STATIC FLYING, ALSO COVERING THEM ALL IN GUTS.
<Xeno> ::blinks:: i have to clean this suit now ::flies to the other spider and starts punching it::
<Powerslam> ::falls back, groaning, looking up as spider guts rain down on him::
<Static> Oof..::Thrown backwards, skidding to a halt:: Disgusting..
<Shackle> ::: runs over and knees next to powerslam looking over his wound :::::
ACTION> THE GROUND BREAKS APART UNDERNEATH THE SPIDER, WHO FALLS IN WITH THE JET PUSHING DOWN ON IT.
<Predator> ::grimaces, then hits the VTOL again, hoping to thoroughly fry the spider with the jets::
<Xeno> ::flies back::
<Powerslam> ::looks at Shackle:: Get the damn thing out of me...
<Kali> ::Sicks in relief.::
<Landslide> ::stands up with sweat, among other things, pouring off his face:: Joto thinks it is wise to leave here quickly
<Shackle> :: nods : its going to hut .... :: grips onto the hook and pulls it out ::::::
<Jaxion> ::sputters, spitting out some spider guts:: Predator! Get down here! Think those other spiders are comin'
<Firewall> ::slashes at the nearest spider, trying not to get squished::
<Predator> ::growls again:: Damn 2099 tech anyway! Whoever got the idea of not having jets on jets anymore?? ::backs off the spider, lowering the jet for the others to climb aboard::
<Powerslam> I've had my skin ripped off of me, it can't be any wor-ARGH SHOCK! ::slams a fist at Shackle's face::
<Shackle> ::: shakes off the punch hopeing he didnt hurt his jhand on his chain armor ::::
<Xeno> ::flies into the jet::
<Jaxion> ::runs for the jet, almost slipping on some guts:: Ugh..
<Shackle> Dont try and move
<Powerslam> ::shakes his hand, feeling a bone or two mend slowly:: Ow
<Kali> ::Flies to the jet.::
<Predator> Get in get in get in... Move it... ::distinctly unhappy glance at the quickly approaching spiders::
<Static> ::Moves quickly for the jet, wiping some of the guts off his trenchcoat:: Jammit..I just got this cleaned..
<Shackle> :::: stands up and picks Powerslam up as gently as possable :::::
<Jaxion> ::pokes his head out of the jet:: Come on! Hungry spiders on the way!
<Firewall> ::rushes for the jet::
<Powerslam> ::lets his head roll back and goes unconscious for a bit::
<Shackle> :::: carrys powerslam to the jet watching his step as not to slip on spider ooze ::::
<Shackle> ::: gets powerslam onto the jets and sets him down::: hey! he went unconcious!
<Landslide> ::resumes to his happy disposition and sits down::
<Jaxion> He'll be fine... ::looks at Predator:: Time to go.. go fast..
<Predator> ::closes the hatch once everyone's inside and hits full throttle::
<Static> ::Plops down in a seat:: Great..wonder if this day can get any worse.
ACTION> THE JET SPEEDS AWAY FROM THE APPROACHING SPIDERS
<Jaxion> Let's find out.. ::moves over to the communications::
<Kali> ::Fidges in her seat.::
<Predator> Someone else drive ::hops out of the pilot seat and walks back to check on Slam::
<Xeno> ::suits down to take less room::
<Landslide> Joto would if he knew how...
<Jaxion> Xeno.. you drive.. ::keeps working on the communications::
<Firewall> ::to Jaxion:: Need a hand?
<Xeno> ::walks to the front and looks at the controls:: easy enough ::flies the plane::
<Shackle> :::: retracts hsi chain armor as it rips its way under back under his skin :::::
<Predator> ::looks Slam over, wrinkling her nose slightly and putting some things that belong inside him back where they belong::
<Powerslam> ::groans, slowly opening his eyes, staring at the cieling of the jet::
<Landslide> ::looks around him at the other people:: Joto is pleased to meet all of you, even under these strange circumstances
<Jaxion> Nah.. doesn't seem to be any malfunctions.. justnot getting an answer. See if I can pick anything up..
<Powerslam> ...::looks at the general motions of what Preds' doing:: So much for saying "an angel?" ::coughs painfully, looking at Preds:: I just get you covered in Kev goo, trying to put humpty dumpty back together again
<Landslide> ::frowns at the silence:: ((I guess they don't like Joto))
<Predator> Good, you're awake. ::goes back to find a medical kit and some disinfectant, then dumps most of the bottle onto his wound::
<Predator> That's gonna sting a little..
<Firewall> Nice to meet you, Joto. ::extends his hand::
<Jaxion> Ohhh shock.. Think you guys should see this.
<Landslide> ::smiles widely and shakes Firewall's hand with both hands::
<Static> ::Looks over towards Jaxion:: What?
<Shackle> what now .... the 4 horsemen of the appocolipse?
<Jaxion> I'll put it on the big screen..
<Kali> ::Smiles weakly.:: Hello Joto sorry not for a proper exchange of words... ::Glances at Jaxion.:: What is it?
<Powerslam> Gah! Shock! ::smacks a fist into the wall::
ACTION> THE SCREEN COMES ON, SHOWING A DECIMATED AREA OF BLOODSTAINED RUBBLE. SHIELD AGENTS ARE SEARCHING THROUGH THE WRECK.
<Predator> Hey now ::catches Slam's wrist:: Don't go breaking anything else.
<Kali> ... I'd rather see the four horsemen...
<Landslide> ::smile fades to a gloomy look as he lowers his head::
<Voice> Little more than an hour ago, this was the White House. Details at this point are unknown.
<Predator> ::looks up at the screen:: Hoo boy
<Static> Great..::Grimaces:: No sign of Doom?
<Powerslam> ::looks at Preds somewhat woozily:: If this' your idea of a first date... well, tone it down a lil bit then talk to me later on ::grins then goes back unconscious::
<Voice> Oh for the love of Thor.. I don't believe it..
<Shackle> doom desided to remodel?
<Landslide> ::looks up at the screen::
ACTION> THE IMAGE ON THE SCREEN, NARROWING IN ON A PARTICULARLY MORE BLOODSTAINED AREA OF THE WHITE HOUSE RUBBLE.
<Voice> This was the location of the Oval Office
<Predator> ::mutters something in japanese along the line of 'yutz' and goes back to watching the broadcast::
<Static> ::Winces:: Shocking terrific..
<Kali> I... suppose we don't have pay checks any more..
ACTION> THE IMAGE ZOOMS IN MORE, SHOWING A DAMAGE AND BLOODY METAL GAUNTLET ON THE GROUND.
<Voice> Doom is dead.. Doom is dead..
*******SIM END*******