*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> SEATTLE, WASHINGTON. MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS HEADQUARTERS.
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS CONTINUE TO WATCH THE NEWS ABOUT CAPTAIN AMERICA, WHO IS ABOUT TO MAKE A STATEMENT TO THE COUNTRY.
<Static> ::Frowns:: Something is way wrong about this..
<Firewall> ::watches the newscast:: This should be interesting.
<CaptainAmerica> I... I'm told this is the year 2099. I didn't really believe it until I saw the New York skyline. THe explorers from the Alchemax Corporation who found me have told me a lot.
<Kali> Logically if this is the legendary Capitan he wouldn't be able to surrive this far into the future with out aging or with out connections.
<Jaxion> ::stands with his arms crossed, staring at one fo the screens::
<CaptainAmerica> I was found sealed in the ice, they say. Deep in Antartica, close to the Savage Land. Again. You know, it's almost embarassing.
<Jaxion> How's that for you, Kali?
<Static> ::Frowns:: Hey, he survived a long time in Ice once before, but..I don't know. Something just strikes me as off.
<Kali> Seems too simple if you ask me... but it will do for now... ::crosses her arms.::
<CaptainAmerica> The last thing I remember is... well, it was close to the end of things. We were in a battle with a monster, come from the depths of Europe, the enemy of our great nation.
<Firewall> Will wonders never cease? There's definitely something wrong with this... ::continues watching::
<Xeno> ::watches silently::
<CaptainAmerica> The last Avengers Quinjet was hit by a beam weapon... exploded... I fell into the water...
<Static> So..how come he's the only one from the Quinjet that survived. Sorta..convenient. ::Frowns::
<CaptainAmerica> ...and Doom had beaten us all. The American Dream was over. And now they tell me he's President.
<Xeno> maybe there are more in the ice
<Jaxion> ::eyes narrow:: Shock.. Firewall ::motions to one of the consoles:: Get in contact with the White House. I have a feeling we should get ready to take care of this.
<Firewall> Will do. ::heads over to the console::
<Kali> ::Closes her eyes and turns away from the screen.:: Funny, we keep protecting the 'evil' due to the fact we know it better... however it's better because we don't know what's going on yet with the so called savior..
<Static> ::Frowns:: Wait..That never happened!
ACTION> TWO SECURITY GUARDS ENTER THE CONTROL ROOM ESCORTING A MAN WITH THEM. THE MAN IS RATHER PALE, LOOKING NOT TO HAVE SEEN THE SUN IN AWHILE, AND HAS THESE GLOVE-LIKE DEVICES ON HIS HANDS.
<Guard1> We found this man lurking around in the Sublevels. He seems rather docile, but didn't give us much of an explanation about why he's here.
<Jaxion> ::blinks, looking at the man::
<Synapse> ::looks over everyone's face with a look half inspired genius and half just plain creepy::
<Jaxion> And who are you?
<Static> ::Looks over, briefly, squinting and bolting to his feet:: Better not be one of Genesis' goons..
<Firewall> ::finishes contacting Washington and turns to look at the new guy::
<Synapse> Fred . . . today. Ask me again tomorrow. Now you know who I am, so just who are all of you?
<Xeno> ::watches::
ACTION> FIREWALL FINDS THE CONNECTION WITH WASHINGTON SUDDENLY CUT OFF, AS WELL AS ALL OTHER OUTSIDE COMMUNICATION.
<Kali> ::Blinks quietly at the new comer.::
<Jaxion> We're the current residents. What are you doing here?
<Firewall> ::glances at console, then at the others:: All of our outside communication has been shut off...
<Jaxion> ::looks back at Firewall:: What? Shock... somebody's isolated us.
<Static> Great..Someone wants us unable to talk to Doom..or unable to call for help..::Looks suspiciously at Synapse::
<Kali> ::Eyes narrow.:: See if you can find out what's going on around here.
ACTION> THE INTRUDER ALERT ALARMS START TO BLARE.
<Jaxion> ::looks around:: Guess it won't be hard to find out now.
<Synapse> Ask a simple question get absolutely no respone. Have I been out of it for that long?
<Xeno> to battle, eh? ::grins and goes out the door::
ACTION> AN ENORMOUS, ARMORED SPIDER BURSTS THROUGH THE WALL, DEBRIS FROM WHICH KNOCKS XENO BACK. A LONG, JAGGED POLE COMES OUT OF ITS MOUTH, IMPALING ONE OF THE GUARDS THROUGH HIS STOMACH, AND SLICING UPWARD.
<Guard2> What the shock?! ::starts shootling wildy at the spider::
ACTION> THE SHOTS DO NOTHING TO PIERCE THE SPIDER'S EXOSKELETON. ONE OF ITS FRONT LEGS LASHES OUT, SMASHING INTO THE GUARD ADN SMEARING HIM AGAINST THE WALL.
<Xeno> ::gets up and suits up::
<Static> What the shock is that?! ::Ports into the air, above the Spider, igniting his energy blades and trying to stab downward into the spider::
<Xeno> ::fires his repulsor at the spider and gets a lock with the rockets::
<Kali> ::Leaps into the air, flapping her wings and blasts at the spider with fireballs::
<Firewall> ::draws his sword and turns to the spider::
<Jaxion> ::blasts at the spider, glancing at Xeno:: No rockets, Xeno! We're too close!
<Xeno> ::closes the rockets off and keeps the repulsor going::
<Synapse> I'm starting to think we were better off in the hole, how about you gentlemen? . . . Quiet as usual, untill you get hungry again. ::sighs and seems remarkably unconcerned about the giant spider if anyone were to be concerned with him to notice::
ACTION> ALL THE ATTACKS DO MINIMAL DAMAGE TO THE SPIDER'S EXOSKELETON. A LARGE, ORGANIC CANNON CAN BE SEEN HANGING OFF ITS UNDERBELLY, WHICH STARTS TO GLOW.
<Xeno> ::fires the repulsor at the cannon::
<Kali> Oh no... ::Keeps to the air and looks around.:: Spiders.. hmmm..
<Jaxion> ::eyes widen at the cannon:: Everybody down!
<Static> ::Tries to port out of the line of fire::
<Xeno> ::goes behind a wall and hits the deck::
<Firewall> ::looks at Jaxion, then morphs his sword into shield and ducks down::
<Kali> ::Dives to the side of the room.::
<Jaxion> ::grabs Synapse by the collar and throws him to the side, diving with him:: We're the Morlocks, by the way.
ACTION> A POWERFUL BEAM ERUPTS OUT OF THE CANNON, BLASTING THROUGH WALL AFTER WALL AFTER ALL. THE CONTROL ROOM IS FILLED WITH EXPLOSIONS AS CONSOLES EXPLODE AND CEILING PANELS WALL. THE POWER IN THAT SECTION OF THE BUILDING GOES OUT..
<Xeno> ::gets up and turns of his night vision:: time to get my hands dirty
<Xeno> ::looks for the spider::
<Synapse> ::eyeballing the spider curiously before being abruptly removed from the path of the death beam by jaxion:: Remarkable, one could spend a life time studying it . . . whatever it is. But what exactly are Morlocks, and what do you have to do with Genesis?
ACTION> THE SPIDER LUNGES THROUGH THE DARKNESS, SLAMMING INTO XENO AND KNOCKING HIM TO THE FLOOR. IT THEN CLIMBS ON TOP OF HIM, ITS CANNON AIMING AT HIS CHEST POINTBLANK.
<Xeno> ::punches the cannon full force::
<Jaxion> ::pushes a ceiling panel off his back:: Genesis got evicted when Doom became President. We moved in.
<Static> I, for one, want Genesis dead..but we don't exactly have TIME for discussing that..::Ports near the spider again, trying to slash at the cannon::
<Kali> ::Looks behind her and comes up with an idea and dashes to Jaxion... pauses... then flies ramming her shoulder aganist his hide.::
ACTION> THE CANNON IS REDIRECTED BY THE PUNCH, BLASTING DOWN THROUGH THE FLOOR RIGHT NEXT TO XENO, SENDING BOTH XENO AND THE SPIDER FALLING TO THE FLOOR BELOW.
<Xeno> ::turns his boots on to fly from under it::
ACTION> XENO MOVES OUT FROM UNDER THE SPIDER, BUT STILL CRASHES INTO THE LOWER FLOOR. THE SPIDER LANDS ON ALL EIGHTS NOT VERY FAR FROM HIM.
<Static> ::Ports away from the collapsing floor, looking down::
<Xeno> ::gets up:: now, everyones away ::turns on his rockets::
<Firewall> ::gets up and looks down where they fell::
<Jaxion> ::scrambles over to the hole and looks down:: Shock.. everybody back up! ::backs away from the hole::
<Static> ::Moves backwards, squinting::
<Firewall> ::backs up from the hole::
<Xeno> ::starts to fire a barrage of rockets at the spider::
<Synapse> Your cleaning and maintenance bill must be rather extravagent. ::to jaxion as they back away from the hole::
ACTION> THE ROCKETS ALL HOME IN AND IMPACT THE SPIDER, DETONATING IN A LARGE EXPLOSION. FLAMES RIP UP THROUGH THE HOLE IN THE FLOOR AND SLAM AGAINST XENO, DOING NO REAL DAMAGE. WHEN THE SMOKE SLIGHTLY CLEARS, PARTS OF THE SPIDER LITTER THE WALLS, FLOOR, AND CEILING.
<Xeno> ::grins:: scrath one spider
<Synapse> Incredibly extravagent.
<Jaxion> ::throws his arm in front of his face as the flames come up:: We work for the government. Tax money pays for all this, thankfully.
<Kali> Oh god... ::Covers herself with her wings.::
<Xeno> ::flies up the hole:: What would you do without me?
<Static> ::Looks down into the hole:: Hmm..never seemed to have an insect problem, before this..
<Firewall> ::turns away as the flames shoot up, the looks down afterwards:: Wow, he blew up real good...
ACTION> NOW THAT THE SPIDER IS DEAD, THEY CAN HEAR OTHER EXPLOSIONS COMING FROM EVERY DIRECTION OUTSIDE.
<Synapse> Now, you never did answer my question. Who exactly are you people and do you make a habit of handling your own pest control?
<Xeno> ::blinks:: i didnt do that ::looks around and flies to the closest way out::
<Jaxion> Xeno! Don't go out there yet! ::looks around and heads for the nearest operational computer console::
<Xeno> ::stops in mid-air::
<Synapse> They certainly don't make a habit of public relations, gentlemen.
<Static> ::Squints, head glancing around at the sound of the explosions:: We're the good guys..and usually none this big, I suppose..and who are you talking to?
<Jaxion> Let's see if the exterior surveillance still works. ::starts pushing buttons:: Static, think you could fill Fred in? I got a feeling he may be stuck with us for awhile.
<Firewall> ::morphs the shield back into a shield then looks around:: What the shock could that be?
<Xeno> prolly more spiders to toast
<Synapse> No one important. ::smiles at static, trying to be reassuring but just succeeds in upping his creepiness factor::
<Jaxion> You're right about that. ::backs away from the screen and points at it:: Take a look for yourselves, guys.
<Firewall> ::looks at the screen::
<Xeno> ::looks at the screen::
ACTION> THE SCREEN SHOWS HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF SPIDERS FLYING IN THE AIR, UNLEASHING POWERFUL ENERGY BEAMS DOWN ON THE CITY. A LOT OF WHICH IS ALREADY DEVASTATED AND IN FLAMES.
<Firewall> ::blinks:: Oh shock...
<Static> ::Glances at Synapse, frowning behind his mask at the oddness:: We're basically the people who manage the Corps for President Doom and save the world and Universe and such..::Looks towards the screen:: Shock..there's no way, we can take out all of those..
<Jaxion> We have to get out of here..
<Xeno> i dont think i have enough rockets
<Kali> ...
<Xeno> well lets go then ::continues down the hall::
<Jaxion> Hm.. going out their in a jet or something and we'll be torn apart. We should be able to use those tunnels down on the surface though.
<Synapse> Right, one tip, never answer a question with information that will inevitably create more questions, for example: When exactly did this "Doom" person become president?
<Xeno> ::stops::
<Jaxion> ::starts down the corridor:: Not very long ago. Come on, guys.. before more of the spiders come after us.
<Static> ::Glances at Synapse, for a moment:: Not too long ago..You might have heard of him, in History records..Doc Doom..former ruler of Latveria..::Looks back towards Jaxion and nods::
<Firewall> ::nods and follows the rest of the group::
<Xeno> ::waits for Jaxion to catch up then follows::
<Static> ::Heads after Jaxion, looking around at the others:: I guess this was what the Corps were up to..
<Synapse> That Doom? Interesting, this dictates further reasearch into the matter.
<Kali> ::Followes quietly.:: I hate spiders...
<Static> ::Nods slightly towards Kali:: Don't blame you..
<Jaxion> The spiders, communications black out, California, Captain America.. They're not holding back at all on this. ::heads for the elevator:: With the power out, the elevator's probably not operational. We'll have to climb down to Sublevel 11.. Xeno goes first, slowly though so we can keep up. ::stops by the elevator doors, which don't open::
<Xeno> i can pull the elevator down with you on it ::pulls open the doors::
<Kali> ::Chews on her lower lip, looking quite frightened.:: They're nasty, digusting... ::Shudders.:: What's wrong/
<Static> ::Nods slightly:: Think those spiders were what was ever in that..thing the Coven showed us?
<Jaxion> Bad enough we'll be confined in the elevator shaft, don't want to be trapped in the little elevator car. ::looks down the elevator shaft:: After you, big guy.
<Jaxion> ::glances back at Static:: I hope so
<Xeno> alright ::hovers into the shaft and floats down::
<Jaxion> ::grabs onto the ladder in the shaft and starts down after Xeno::
<Static> ::Starts climbing down after Jaxion::
<Synapse> Normally, I'm not one to be rude to my host, but fleeing in terror from your home is not normally the best way to end an evening.
<Xeno> ::turns on his lights and aims them down so they dont get, surprised::
<Jaxion> It's better than staying in your home when the whole city is about to be destroyed. ::keeps climbing down::
<Firewall> ::heads down the shaft as well::
<Kali> ::Slowly hovers over the enterance to the elevator then slowly desends after the others.::
<Xeno> ::keeps hovering down looking at the numbers of the floors::
<Synapse> Well I couldn't say, though it would be incredibly interesting to observe. ::climbs into the shaft, being the last one::
<Static> Yeah, until you get blown to pieces by one of those things..::Shakes his head::
<Xeno> need a light up there? ::continues hovering down::
<Synapse> Such a negative group of people I have never seen.
ACTION> A BEAM SLICES THROUGH ONE SIDE OF THE SHAFT AND THROUGH THE OTHER, BURNING A CLEAN HOLE LESS THAN AN INCH FROM STATIC'S SIDE, BURNING HIM A LITTLE.
<Static> ::Grimaces, nearly losing his grip:: Shock..we got company..
<Kali> ::Glances up quietly.::
<Jaxion> ::looks up at Static:: They're starting on the tower.. ::goes faster downward::
ACTION> XENO FLOATS DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE ELEVATOR SHAFT, IN FRONT OF THE DOORS LABELLED "SUBLEVEL 11"
<Xeno> ding, all off ::punches through::
ACTION> XENO PUNCHES THROUGH THE DOORS EASILY
<Xeno> ::goes on through::
<Static> ::Continues to climb at a faster pace, himself as well::
<Jaxion> ::drops down behind Xeno and follows after him::
<Xeno> ::keeps the light on::
<Static> ::Ports the rest of the way, and follows the others::
<Firewall> ::keeps climbing down as well::
<Xeno> this way im guessin ::points and walks::
<Kali> ::Follows after the others, shuddering every few moments.::
ACTION> DEAD AND SLAUGHTERED BODIES LAY ALL THROUGH THE CORRIDOR, MOST HORRIBLY TORN APART. BLOOD SMEARED AND SPLATTERED ALL OVER THE PLACE.
<Static> ::Grimaces at the sight:: Damn..looks like they've already been through here..
<Jaxion> Watch yourselves, it's most likely still nearby.. ::looks around as he walks::
<Kali> Spiders, again?
<Xeno> ::scans for anyone else but us::
<Firewall> ::looks around cautiously, trying not to look directly at the bodies::
<Synapse> ::dry look, not affected in the slightest, looks over the bodies apathetically::
<Jaxion> Looks like a spider did it. ::keeps walking::
<Static> ::Keeps moving, looking around warily as he does::
<Kali> ::Peers at the bodies quietly, less worried about them as she is with the spiders and slightly whines at the mention of them.::
<Xeno> ::keeps goin::
ACTION> A JAGGED SPEAR STABS THROUGH SYNAPSE'S SHOULDER FROM THE BACK, AND CONTINUES ON THROUGH STATIC'S BACK, IMPALING HIM THROUGH THE CHEST AND LIFTING BOTH OF THEM UP INTO THE AIR AS THE SPIDER ROARS.
<Xeno> damn
<Jaxion> Shock! ::spins around:: It snuck around behind us!
<Kali> ::Shrieks slightly, then blasts fire at it.::
<Xeno> get them off ::flies up to the spider::
<Static> Unngh! ::blinks, slightly in shock at the impalement::
<Firewall> ::spins around with his sword raised::
<Synapse> ::grits his teeth, not crying out despite the pain:: Shouldn't you be dead? ::to static as he looks to the spider leg filling up the gaping hole in his chest::
<Kali> ::Moves over to the two impailed and tries to pull out the spear.::
ACTION> STATIC AND SYNAPSE ARE BURNED BY THE FLAMES AND STATIC GOES LIMP, DEAD. THE SPEAR RETRACTS BACK INTO THE SPIDER'S MOUTH, DROPPING THE TWO OF THEM.
<Xeno> ::punches the spider repeatedly in the head:: run, ill take care of him
<Firewall> ::hacks at the spider with his blade::
<Jaxion> ::blasts at the spider:: Kali, grab Static's body!
<Synapse> ::pokes him with his good hand:: There, much more efficient. ::looks up to the spider:: This means I have to kill you now, make peace with your arachnid gods if you so choose. ::gestures to his shoulder rather than at static::
<Kali> ::Grabs Static's body and drags it away from the fight.::
ACTION> THE SPIDER ROARS AGAIN, KICKING FOWARD WITH ITS TWO FRONT LEGS AND KNOCKING FIREWAL AND XENO AWAY FROM IT.
<Xeno> ::flies back but tries to fly away from the upcoming wall::
SCENE> OUTSIDE, THE SPIDERS SWARM AROUND THE TOWER, THEIR ENERGY BEAMS SLICING THROUGH IT FROM ALL DIRECTIONS UNTIL IT COMES CRASHING DOWN IN A FURY OF EXPLOSIONS.
*******SIM END*******