********PRELUDE********
LOCATION> STARK-FUJIKAWA TOWER
SCENE> PREDATOR STANDS IN THE ROOM, FACING HIKARU SAMA. THE LAST HAND AGENT HAS JUST WALKED OUT, AS HAVE TWO SERVANTS, WHO TOOK THE REMAINS OF THE OTHER TWO HAND AGENTS WITH THEM.
<Hikaru> It is both a pleasure and an honor to see you again, Lianna.
<Predator> ::eyes narrowed, stares at him:: Sama. ::inclines her head the tiniest bit, rather insultingly for him being most powerful dude in japan::
<Hikaru> I had doubts that you would come. ::watches her, showing no care to her attempted insult;;
<Predator> I do not let people meddle in my affairs and come out unscathed.
<Hikaru> Meddle in your affairs? ::turns and starts walking towards an elevator door that just opened along the side wall:: If anything, my dear, you owe me thanks.
<Predator> Thanks? ::humorless laugh:: For attempting to force me to become one of your pathetic pet ninjas? For using me as a lab rat?
<Hikaru> ::stops by the doors:: I brought you into this world and made you strong enough to survive it. If not for me, you would be dead, or continue to be in stasis indefinitely.
<Predator> ::bares her teeth slightly:: And this world is such a lovely place to wake up into?
<Hikaru> You seek to blame me for the state of the world? You are smarter than that, Lianna. Smart enough to realize that i have done no harm to you.
<Predator> ...::closes her mouth, eyes narrowing more, and follows him towards the doors::
<Hikaru> ::walks unto the elevator, awaiting her:: I will not ask for your trust right this moment, but I will request another opportunity to gain it. The last was... unfortunate.
<Predator> ::folds her arms and steps into the elevator:: I offer a warning, old man. I came here with the intention of ridding myself of you. I have not changed my mind.
<Hikaru> Of course not. But first, I will see you better fed and rested. And perhaps some new clothing. ::motions to the rips and tears in her uniform:: Then we can see whose intention will be carried out.
<Predator> ::shrugs noncommitally::
*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> SEATTLE, WASHINGTON. MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS HEADQUARTERS
SCENE> CREWS CONTINUE TO SEARCH THE TOWER AND EXPLORE THE NEWFOUND UNDERGROUND LEVEL. THE MORLOCKS ALSO ASSIST WITH THE INVESTIGATION, TEAMMATES FIREWALL AND ACCESS HAVE RETURNED, THOUGH ACCESS WAS IMMEDIATELY PUT TO WORK, SCANNING THE SYSTEM FOR INFORMATION.
<Jaxion> ::walks down a corridor with Firewall:: Sorry for the state of things. We just discovered some intruders before you got here.
<Kali> ::Glances at the new comers and then to the damange around her.::
<Xeno> ::walks down a corridor, scanning the surrounding areas::
<Firewall> ::looks at Jaxion:: No problem, no problem at all... um, they're gone, right?
<Static> ::Stalks ahead, glancing around as he walks::
<Jaxion> We think. But we haven't determined what they were doing here just yet.
<Shackle> :: follows down the hall way looking in rooms as he passes em :::
<Powerslam> ::looks at the updated schematics of the building then a wall... then back to the schematics:: ...there's a room here... I think ::off in a corridor by himself::
<Firewall> Do you have any idea who they were?
<Donovon> ::still hooked up to the virtual reality machine i guess, heh heh::
<Jaxion> Unfortunately, we do. The former tenants of this place.
<Static> ::Scowling behind his mask, glancing into rooms as he walks, trying to find anything out of the ordinary, that might be a clue::
<Kali> Doom doesn't clean up as well as he think he does.
<Kali> ::Glances at Static.:: ((He's in such a bad mood lately...)) ::Frowns slightly then turns to the hole on the roof of the room.::
<Xeno> ::takes off into a different corridor::
<Jeeves> ::appears near Jaxion and whoever else is nearby:: The search crews have reported in. No other transporter ports have been located.
<Powerslam> ::does the two fingered whistle thing:: I need a jackhammer or something to knock this wall down since I'm too lazy to use my powers.
<Kali> And we're to belivie that?
<Jaxion> ::groans and rubs his eyes:: Well.. just make sure security is increased. And have them look again to be sure.
<Static> ::Ignores Jeeves and keeps looking:: ((Damn shocking Genesis..dad had to have left some clue..right?))
ACTION> A LOW RUMBLE ECHOES THROUGH THE CORRIDORS, QUICKLY FOLLOWED BY A BRIEF TREMOR.
<Xeno> ::tries to open a locked door:: what? ::feels the tremor:: whats that?
<Static> ::Squints, looking around at the shaking:: ((Hmm..He's back, maybe?))
<Firewall> ::looks around then feels the tremor:: Huh? What could that be...
<Powerslam> ::leans against the wall:: Whoa, what's that?
<Jaxion> ::puts a hand against the wall, stopping:: Awww shock no..
<Shackle> what the ......
<Shackle> power core?
<Kali> ::Looks up, titling her head.:: Joy...
<Jeeves> Power fluctuation in the maglev generator.
<Jaxion> ::blinks:: Shockshockshock.. ::starts running:: which is on Sublevel 11!
<Static> ::Ports down to Sublevel 11, igniting his energy blades::
<Kali> ::Blinks and follows.::
<Xeno> ::flies down the broken hole he made earlier to get to the sublevel::
ACTION> THE QUAKING STARTS ONCE AGAIN, MORE INTENSE AND NOT STOPPING, MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO KEEP ONE'S BALANCE.
<Firewall> Ack! ::tries to keep his balance:: This is not good...
<Jaxion> ::stumbles forward, catching himself against the wall and starting to run again:: Jeeves!!
<Shackle> ::: feels the quaking andallmost falls over::::
<Jeeves> Warning. The maglev generator has shut down. Backup systems are non-functional.
<Xeno> ::hovers in the air, scanning for the source::
<Kali> ::Tries to hover in the air and atempt to follow Jax, however the hovering part doesn't work out right and she resorts by trying to walk on the floor again.:: So what do we do?
<Powerslam> ::leans more against the wall, making his away from the supposedly missing room and back to the main area::
<Jaxion> We get to the generator before the city falls and we all die! ::scrambles down the corridors::
<Xeno> ::flies to the generator room::
<Firewall> ::follows everyone else to the generator room::
<Static> ::Makes several short ports, trying to get to the sub-level 11 and the Generator room::
<Kali> ::Follows the group.:: ((Hate the corridors.))
ACTION> THEY ALL ARRIVE IN A LARGE CHAMBER. IN THE CENTER OF WHICH IS THE MASSIVE MAGLEV GENERATOR, RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING THE ENTIRE CITY UP, AND CURRENTLY NOT ON.
<Xeno> damn ::looks around::
<Firewall> ::stares at generator:: We've gotta get that turned back on asap, or we're shocked.
ACTION> THE LOUD SCREECHING OF BENDING AND TEARS METAL CAN BE HEARD FROM ALL DIRECTIONS.
<Powerslam> ::shudders:: Somebody turn that back on!
<Kali> ::Covers her ears.:: Well how the hell do we turn it on?
<Jaxion> ::circles the generator, looking for a way to it on:: I'm lookin'! I'm lookin'!
<Firewall> ::looks around for main control panel or whatever turns it on, heh::
<Kali> ::Flaps her wings and looks around the generator room for a panel or switch.::
ACTION> KALI SEES A DEVICE ATTACHED TO THE GENERATOR, WHICH DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT BELONGS.
<Xeno> ::scans the area for the controls::
<Static> ::Squints, looking at the generator and eyeing every aspect of it:: Never seen anything like this thing..
<Kali> ::Flies towards the device and tries to pull it out.::
ACTION> THE DEVICE IS QUITE SECURELY STUCK TO THE GENERATOR
<Static> ::Looks towards Kali going for the device and re-ignites an energy blade:: Allow me. ::Moves towards the device::
<Kali> Slam! I think we might need you or Donovon for this job! ::Glares pointedly at the device, looking for a trigger or some other trick.::
<Firewall> ::goes over and looks at device::
<Static> I disrupt electronics. Should do the trick, long enough to buy us time to remove it. ::Glances at Kali and nods, eyeing the device::
<Xeno> how about me? ::walks over to it::
<Jaxion> ::blinks, seeing Static and the device and runs in front of him:: Whoa whoa whoa! If that's connected to the generator, you fry it and the generator goes with it
<Xeno> ::stops::
<Powerslam> ::looks around:: ... where is Dono?
<Static> ::Frowns, behind his mask:: ..Good point. Damn.
<Xeno> ::walks to the device again:: i will try
<Powerslam> ::looks at the device:: Wait...
ACTION> FIREWALL RECOGNIZES THE DEVICE, A BOMB.
<Powerslam> What if it has some sorta failsafe?
<Powerslam> Like you touch it... boom...
<Xeno> ::blinks:: umm, boom isnt good
<Firewall> ::blinks:: Um... guys... I think it's a bomb... ::gulps::
<Kali> So anyone here knows how to defuse it?
<Powerslam> As I said... boom...
<Xeno> umm one second ::tries to see if there is any bomb defusing information in his suit::
<Jaxion> ::turns back to face the device:: Of course it is, that's only the worse possible scenario for this..
<Firewall> ::looks at the bomb closer to see if he can defuse it::
ACTION> THE QUAKING BECOMES WORSE.
<Xeno> ::scans the bomb:: ((computer, match bomb with type)) uh oh
<Powerslam> So... if that's a bomb, what's shutting the maglev... thing down?
<Static> At least it can't get any worse..::Frowns at the shaking:: I had to open my mouth..
<Jaxion> Probably the bomb as well.. it's set over some of the system processors.. ::stumbles:: and we're running otu of time
<Xeno> the bomb type isnt on my records.... I can not disarm this
<Jaxion> We need to get it out of here. Firewall, think that sword of yours could cut or pry this off?
<Xeno> and i will fly it out, i think my suit can take the explosion
<Powerslam> So if that's a bomb.. then what's causing the maglev thing to not work?
<Firewall> I can try... ::starts to work on bomb ever-so-gently with sword::
<Xeno> ::gets ready to take the bomb and fly it out::
<Jaxion> If the bomb was set here to do some damage, I doubt you could Xeno. We're on the lowest level of the city. You and Powerslam make us a hole in the floor.
<Xeno> alright ::takes his repulsor and makes a continuous beam into the ground::
<Static> ::Eyeing the bomb:: What if I tried porting it out of here..went as far away with it as possible?
<Xeno> damn, this is taking too long.... cant use rockets though, might damage stuff
<Jaxion> The EM disruption from your 'port could set it off before you got anywhere. ;:puts his hands on the bomb and peeks behind it to check on Firewalls progress:: Kali, think you could help melt the loose?
<Static> ::Frowns:: You can get it loose..that hole might not be enough..Chance it could go off, if I knife it, though, isn't there?
<Kali> ::Nods, pressing the her hand aganist the metal and starting to heat it up at a paced rate for fear of setting off the bomb.::
<Jaxion> Use the rockets, the bomb will do more damage! ::grabs the bobm firmly, ready to pull:: Keep worling, you two..
<Powerslam> ::backs away from the room:: Jeeves, where's Donovan?
<Xeno> alright ::takes a spot away from the people ans starts firing his rockets into the ground::
<Jeeves> In his room.
ACTION> THE ROCKETS EXPLODE AND TEAR A HOLE IN THE FLOOR. THEY CAN SEE THE GROUND HUNDREDS OF FEET BELOW THEM.
<Powerslam> ::heads off to go see what's wrong with Dono and hopefully not get blown up::
<Jaxion> ::pulls at the bomb:: Just.. get ready to catch this and throw it down the hole, Static!
<Xeno> ::backs out of the room::
<Kali> ::Heats the metal at a quicker rate.::
<Static> Right..::Frowns, eyeing Jaxion and watching Kali and Firewall get to work:: ((If anyone can burn it loose..hate feeling almost useless, though..))
<Jaxion> ::stumbles back as the bomb pops loose, tossing it over to Static before falling over::
<Static> ::Catches the bomb and throws it into the hole, hard:: Scratch one bomb!
<Powerslam> ::looks around the elevator:: Jeeves... where's Dono's room?
ACTION> THE BOMB FALLS AWAY FROM THE CITY, EXPLODING ONLY MOMENTS AFTER GOING THROUGH THE HOLE. SOME OF THE EXPLOSION TEARS UP THROUGH THE HOLE IN THE FLOOR, THROWING STATIC, JAXION, AND KALI ACROSS THE ROOM. THE MAGLEV GENERATOR REACTIVATES.
<Static> Unngh! ::Thrown across the room, slamming hard into a wall::
<Jeeves> Across the hall from your own. Two doors down.
<Kali> ::Slams aganist a wall yet manages a weak grin.:: Chalk up one for us...
<Powerslam> Thanks ::presses the button for his floor::
<Static> ::Growls:: Yet another thing I need to "Thank" Genesis for, it seems..
<Jaxion> ::misses the wall and flies through the door, skidding down the corridor:: agggghh!
*******EPILOGUE********
LOCATION> CHICAGO, ILLINOIS.
SCENE> NUMEROUS AIRCRAFT, ALL OF DIFFERENT CORPORATE AFFILIATION, SPEEDS THROUGH THE AIR TOWARDS AN ENORMOUS, ALMOST TEMPLTE-LIKE STRUCTURE. HANGAR DOORS SLIDE OPEN ON VARIOUS POINTS OF THE BUILDING, WHERE EACH AIRCRAFT ENTERS.
<Computerized Voice> Welcome to the Chicago Reserve. Provide the necessary identifications and proceed to designated safeboxes. You are reminded to abide by diplomatic law within the Chicago Interzone. The Reserve is neutral territory.
ACTION> WITHIN THE MAIN CHAMBER OF THE RESERVE SITS A MAN IN A LARGE THRONE-LIKE CHAIR, WITH VARIOUS TATTOO MARKINGS AND IMPLANTED CIRCUITRY. AN ASSISTANT WALKS UP TO HIM, ONE OF HIS EYES CYBERNETIC REPLACED ALSO WITH ANTENNAS ON ON SIDE OF HIS HEAD, LASER LINKED TO VARIOUS INPUT DEVICES IN THE ROOM.
<Murdock> ::stops next to the throne:: The last safebox has registered the somewhat tardy arrival of Stone from Alchemax, Mr. Herod. ::holds out the tray:: Your guarana cigarrettes and heart-breakingly cheap preferred brand of whiskey, sir.
<Herod> ::grabs the bottle:: Stone's something of a liability, I think, Murdock. And Stark-Fujikawa is a good whiskey.
<Murdock> Indeed, sir. And it shall make a pleasant political statement to the head of Stark-Fujikawa, no?
<Herod> Your lawyer's soul is showing. Initiate conference, Murdock.
ACTION> VARIOUS SCREEN FLOAT INTO VIEW AND HOLOGRAMS FLICKER ON. EACH CORPORATE CEO IS BROADCASTED THROUGH OBVIOUS DIFFERENT MEANS.
<Herod> Good evening. I apologize for this conference's rather patchwork nature. Your safeboxes' phase shells cascades each have a different frequency, each of which unfortunately interferes with a certain broadcast medium. However, it is still safer than meeting face-to-face.
<Herod> I need remind no one of the time before safeboxes, when an Alchemax executive released an Algerian knife-missile into a crowded conference room. Now... let us speak of ruling America.
********SIM END********