********SIM START********
SCENE> THERE HAS BEEN A LONG SILENCE AS THE MORLOCKS STAND ON THE BALCONY BEFORE DOOM, THE NEW PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. IN SUCH TIME, AN AIRCRAFT HAS MOVED DIRECTLY ABOVE THEM, HOVERING IN WAIT.
<Powerslam> ::simply stares then blinks a few times, lucky his jaw didn't drop::
<Static> ::Eyes the man, still a little in shock:: ((It..can't be actually him..can it? Wouldn't he be..dead?))
<Tripstar> ::looks at Doom:: ((Wow. Never thought I'd be luck- er, unlucky enough to see him in person...))
<Jaxion> ::glances over Doom's armor:: ((Not sure if this is a... good or bad development..))
<Predator> ::stares up at the aircraft::
ACTION> THE BALCONY DETTACHES FROM THE BUILDING, HOVERING IN THE AIR COURTESY OF MAG-LEV GENERATORS AND BEGINS TO RISE TOWARDS THE AIRCRAFT.
<Predator> Nice touch.. ::mutters::
<Tripstar> Yikes! Hey, this is pretty cool...
<Powerslam> ::eyes dart up at the aircraft but keeps looking at Doom::
<Static> ::Looks around as the balcony lifts into the air:: hunh..::Glances over at Doom::
<Jaxion> ::reaches out to brace himself against the balcony railing:: Whoa..
ACTION> DOORS SLIDE OPEN ON THE UNDERSIDE OF THE AIRCRAFT, GIVING ROOM FOR THE BALCONY TO RISE THROUGH IT INTO A SMALL HANGAR. AS THE DOORS CLOSE UP, THE BALCONY SETS DOWN ON THEM.
<Donovon> ::looks around, bites his lip:: Umm, Mr. President Doom, sir. . . ::blinks:: . . .how did you find your life's calling? I mean, did you just wake up one morning and decide, "I want to be in charge of everything, hahaha, DoomDoomDoom." ::jovial impersonation complete with dramatic gesturing:: Or am I totally out of line and should I just shut up now before I make myself look even more stupid?
<Powerslam> ::blinks at Dono then smacks his forehead, shaking his head with a groan::
<Predator> ::snickers::
<Doom> ::steps off the balcony, not replying to Dono and heading for a set of closed doors across the hangar::
<Powerslam> ::shaking his head still, uncertainly follows Doom::
<Static> ::Blinks, cracking a slight smile:: ((heh..he just made fun of Dr. Doom..there's something I never thought I'd see..))
<Donovon> I'm guessing the latter. Life should come with instruction books. . .maybe it does and I just got the Japanese version, hmm.
<Jaxion> ::pats Dono on the back of the shoulder as he walks by, following Doom:: Let's try not to get us killed.
<Predator> ::hides a smirk behind her hand, following Doom somewhat warily:: ((I guess if this guy's as big as everyone thinks... he'd have killed us already if he wanted to.))
<Predator> Then i guess you shoulda been bilingual, hai? ::smirks at Dono::
<Jaxion> Doom> ::walks into the room as the doors slide open before him, taking a seat behind a desk and watching the Morlocks as they enter::
ACTION> THERE IS AN IMAGE ON BOTH OF THE SCREENS BEHIND DOOM, CLEARLY VISIBLE TO THE MORLOCKS. ONE SHOWS THE WHITE HOUSE, WITH A LARGE TOWER HOVERING IN THE AIR ABOVE IT AND BODIES LAID ABOUT ON THE LAWN. THE OTHER SCREEN SHOWS A BEAUTIFUL CITY IN THE DESERT, WHOSE MOST NOTICABLE FEATURE IT A TOWER RISING ABOVE THE REST WITH TWO CROSSED HALOS AT ITS TOP.
<Donovon> That's just what I was thinking. Wonder if they make a proverbial Japanese to Englishh version of Life's Manual. .
<Static> ::Blinks, looking back and forth from the screens::
<Powerslam> ::stops in front of the desk, looking at the screens then to Doom:: You've been busy while we were away.
<Tripstar> ::looks at both screens, frowning:: What's that second one?
<Predator> If you're thinking of relocation... I'd have to vote for the latter.
<Powerslam> But I have to ask.. having been somewhat out of the loop for awhile... why do you want our help? Or are we going to serve as an example like they probably did? ::gestures to the screen of the White House::
<Doom> That would be Halo City, a city that has recently been established primarly for mutants.
<Donovon> I dunno, a good cleaning crew, a fresh coat of paint, the old place'd look pretty nice again.
<Static> Interesting..
<Tripstar> Halo City huh? Lemme take a guess as to who started it... you?
<Doom> ::looks towards Powerslam:: I brought you here to allow you the choice on whether to serve me through your assistance, or as an example.
<Static> Serve you, huh? Doing what, specifically?
<Powerslam> So... how can we help you? Need some skin or a spine? ::pulls lightly on the skin on his arm then glances to Preds then back to Doom:: Or something else?
<Donovon> I'm sure you could find better examples than us, better cronies too, but pfft, whatever. ::shrugs::
<Predator> ::hrms:: Always have loved democracies... what the hell, why not. Count me in, Doom ::somewhat ironic bow::
<Doom> As previously stated, I have nationalized the corporate powers of the United States. Undoubtedly, they will attempt to find ways to elude and overthrow my rule.
<Donovon> Ooh, we get to play watchdog for the corp goons? ::eyes light up::
<Predator> So we go set a few ground rules for 'em? ::arches an eyebrow::
<Static> Hey, I can live with that..
<Doom> Therefore, I have decided to include the Ministry of Corporate Affairs in my new government. You are prime candidates for such a position.
<Powerslam> What'll our pay be?
<Predator> ::grins and gives Slam a thumbs up::
<Donovon> ::totally unrelated though popping into head type look, heh:: Can I have a puppy? I never had a pet before.
<Static> ::Nods:: I'd do it, gladly..heh..in a way, it's kind of an ironic twist..
<Powerslam> Because I could really use some new clothes... wearing the same Pixel uniform's getting sorta old... and I could use a haircut. Hmm... wonder if there'll be a dress code... anyways, count me in, too.
<Predator> ... ::looks at Donovon as one might look at a fish that got up and walked through a room singing Jingle Bells::
<Tripstar> Well, if everyone else wants in... I guess I do too. But we need your help with something too.
<Static> ::Glances at Donovon, shaking his head:: heh. Interesting request, man..
<Donovon> Yeah, and I'll name it, umm. . . ::thinks::
<Tripstar> One of our teammates has fallen ill, and he's in need of help.
<Predator> Pay is a good point... I don't work for nothin'.
<Donovon> Leo, I'll name him Leo.
<Powerslam> ::temples his fingers:: Most importantly, President Doom, or can we just call you Doom? Our records?
<Doom> Your needs will be adequately met. And as to the many corporate warrants out for your elimination, they will be lifted. And your associate, the cybersavant, is already being treated.
<Static> Sounds like a sweet deal...::Eyes Doom:: What's the catch..?
<Doom> As I remember it, the title given to one in my position was "Mister President."
<Predator> Whatever you say, Mr Doom.
<Donovon> Doesn't that armor get hot, Mr. President Doom, sir? It looks rather. . .bulky, and uncomfortable.
<Powerslam> Before we start our newly appointed positions, might we be granted a day to relax and clean up?
<Doom> In return, as should be expected, you will follow the orders and perform the tasks given down to you. I trust that is nothing unacceptable.
<Donovon> What about my puppy?
<Predator> ::mumbles:: give 'im a puppy or he'll never shut up..
<Static> Hunh..alright, I can do that.
<Powerslam> ::shoots a look at Dono:: Can our first assignment be to deal with Genesis, Mr. President? ::watches Dono for a response::
<Doom> We are currently en route to your new residence. And will arrive in minutes. To pass the time, I will brief you on those you may be working with in my government.
<Donovon> Genesis never gave me a puppy either. ::mutters::
<Doom> The Paradox Corporation has been dismantled, and Genesis disappeared shortly before my arrival. ::taps a button on the desk::
ACTION> A HOLOIMAGE SHIMMERS BEFORE THEM OF A LARGE, BLACK MAN WEARING THE UNIFORM OF THE PANTHER'S RAGE.
<Doom> This is Nkrumah, head of the Wakandan Panther's Rage and also now serves as my Minister of Enemy Relations.
<Donovon> How come we've never been to Wakandan? We've been practically everywhere else.
ACTION> THE HOLOIMAGE CHANGES TO A WOMAN, WITH ASIAN CHARACTERISTICS.
<Doom> This woman is Indigo Eshun, my Minister of Signal.
<Static> ::Nods:: Hmm..
<Predator> ((Signal?)) ::glances around, trying to tell if the others know what that is::
<Donovon> We've never been to Japan either, or China, or. .or Senegal.
<Tripstar> ::looks at Preds and shrugs::
<Doom> Signal, dealing with aspects of communication. ::looking at Predator::
ACTION> THE NEXT IMAGE IS OF A SLIGHTLY TALLER AND OLDER WOMAN, WITH WHITE HAIR AND NO ASIAN CHARACTERISTICS.
<Doom> ::motions to the image:: Sharp Blue is the Minister of Order, followed by her mercenary elite forces.
<Predator> ::arches an eyebrow, turning back to the images::
<Powerslam> ::slight smirk::
ACTION> A MAN SHIMMERS INTO VIEW IN PLACE OF SHARP BLUE, WITH A RATHER SLEAZY LOOK TO HIMSELF AND GREEN HAIR.
<Doom> Morphine Somers, the Minister of Humanity. He is also a mutant, and as such, has been placed in charge of the mutant-only Halo City. ::motions to the city image on one of the screen behind him::
<Donovon> ::glances upward as a strand of his own white hair falls over his eye and blows it back in place::
<Predator> ((..Summers?)) ::other eyebrow quirks::
<Static> ::Screatches his chin as he examines each person::
ACTION> THE NEXT IMAGE TO APPEAR IS OF ANOTHER LARGE MAN. HE IS VAGUELY FAMILIAR TO MOST OF THEM, LIKELY FROM SOME OF THE FEW NEWS REPORTS THEY'VE SEEN.
<Donovon> Green. .some kind of plant guy. ::nods assuredly to himself::
<Doom> This man is Jacob Gallows. As of just recently, he's become the Minister of Punishment and helps to head S.H.I.E.L.D. and his own punishment police. However, you may know of him by another name. The Punisher.
<Donovon> Plants. .when's lunch/dinner/breakfast/brunch ::Insert proper meal term, heh::?
<Static> Minister of Punishment? ::Blinks::
<Tripstar> Punishment police?
<Predator> ::blinks:: ((The Punisher? Thought he was some freak with big guns runnin' around in my time..))
<Powerslam> Punisher, hmm...
<Doom> I could not imagine a more qualified individual to make the necessary impact on the criminal world.
<Static> What kind of impa-..Forget it, I'm not sure I'd want to know the answer..::Shakes his head::
<Doom> Furthermore, due to your rather... minimal number, there will be a few additional members to your party.
<Tripstar> ::raises an eyebrow:: Really? Like whom?
<Donovon> A puppy? . .and maybe a BLT?
<Predator> Additional members? ::faint frown::
<Powerslam> Oh joy, more freaks
<Doom> ::stands up:: You will meet them outside. We have arrived to your new home. ::walks past them and out of the office::
<Static> Well, that was quick..
<Predator> ::eyes semi-glaze over:: Do you have... any idea how long it's been since i've had a BLT?
<Jaxion> ::blinks a few times, walking out of the office while shaking his head::
<Donovon> See? Sanity is catching given time.
<Predator> ::wanders after Jaxion, rather distracted by being suddenly hungry::
<Tripstar> ::walks out of the office as well::
<Powerslam> Who caught your sanity, Rev? ::heads outside::
<Static> ::Follows Doom:: Great..Home sweet home..Although, you've got a point, Dono..food does sound good..
<Donovon> ::points to preds:: Think it and they shall come
<Donovon> Right, it's great that we're hungry. The team that eats together stays together and all, but I still want my puppy.
ACTION> AS THEY EXIT THE AIRCRAFT, THEY FIND DOOM WAITING FOR THEM WITH TWO OTHER MEN. ONE IN SOME ARCHAIC FORM OF CHAIN ARMOR AND THE OTHER WEARING A HIGH-TECH PACK ON HIS BACK. THE REAL SHOCK THOUGH, IS FROM LOOKING AROUND THEY CAN TELL WHERE THEY ARE. BACK IN THE SKYCITY OF SEATTLE.
<Static> Whoa, wait a second..You didn't say we were gonna be in Seattle..::Blinks:: And how'd we get here, so fast..
<Jaxion> ::looks around, walking out of the jet:: Somebody's a big fan of irony.
<Shackle> :::: watches as the team exits the plane ::::
<Tripstar> ::blinks, looking at Seattle:: Well, well... full circle. ::turns to new guys:: And who might they be?
<Xeno> ::watches them, ready to suit up::
<Powerslam> ::glances around:: So where're those two yahoos? Then we'll have come full circle... or if we're given some ore to lug around.
<Shackle> :::: looks to Tripstar and then to Doom ::::
<Donovon> Okay, now I know that can't be comfortable. ::to chain mail guy::
<Doom> ::motions to one side of him, to the man with the chains:: This is Shackle. ::turns tot he other man:: And Xeno, they have already been briefed on the position and accepted.
<Shackle> :::: nods :::
<Xeno> ::nods slightly::
<Donovon> Great, more the merrier, welcome to the team, where's the puppy?
<Xeno> ::blinks:: what? you were expecting a puppy?
<Shackle> ::::looks to Donovon and tilts his head :::::
<Predator> ::sniffs the air, not quite placing the scents, then recalling Seattle:: ((Whaddya know..))
<Shackle> Greatings
<Static> ::Shakes his head, chuckling at Dono's comment and just nods at Shackle and Xeno::
<Donovon> ::gives xeno a "well, duh" look:: Where've you been through this entire conversation? . .oh, yeah. Here. Nevermind.
<Doom> ::looks up at the large tower directly ahead of them, the tallest in the city:: Formerly Paradox Tower, this will served as your new residence.
<Donovon> There's gotta be a puppy somewhere in this country. I'm not picky.
<Predator> Nice place...
<Predator> ::glances at Dono for a moment, then shakes her head:: ((Note to self... run downtown and check alleys for abandoned puppies..))
<Powerslam> ::looks up at the tower:: I call the CEO's room.
<Tripstar> ::looks at tower:: Looks good to me.
<Shackle> ::::looks to donovon wonding if this guy is a few sandwichs short of a picnic::
<Static> Now this is a familiar place..with our luck, it's former owner will come back and pay us a visit..
<Donovon> I call the. . ((CEO's daughter's room)) . .next biggest room.
<Xeno> call? im taking whatever room i feel like
<Doom> ::boards the aircract once again:: Should Genesis' head rear towards here again, SHIELD troops have orders to remove it from the rest of him.
<Static> ::Looks towards Doom:: One question..where are the former Paradox employees at?
<Doom> ::looks down at Static:: Many of which were left here and have been reintegrated into new corporations. However, as to the employee you wonder about, Genesis saw fit to take him to whatever location he fled to.
<Static> ::Frowns:: Thanks for the info, Mr. President.
<Doom> I know leave you to make yourselves comfortable. Your accomodations have already been arranged inside the tower.
<Shackle> ::::: watches as doom boards the plane :::::
<Predator> ((food...)) ::sniffs the air slightly, wondering where the nearest restaurant is::
ACTION> THE AIRCRAFT TAKES OFF, HEADING AWAY FROM THE CITY.
<Shackle> :::: desides the team is not a threat and mentaly retracts the chains back underneith his skin :::::
<Donovon> Wonder what there is to do for fun in this place. . ::blinks at shackle:: . .do you do that often?
<Shackle> :::: nods :::: its more painfull activating the armor .....
<Powerslam> ::heads for the tower to claim his new room::
<Shackle> :::: offers his hand to Donovon ::my names is Alexander Dragoon, nice to meet you all
<Xeno> heh, my armour must be alot less painful
<Static> ::Shakes his head:: No thank you..dying is enough for me, in the pain department..
<Donovon> ::shrugs:: Another one that can't keep their insides in, whatever. ::shakes shackle's hand:: Donovon Lourdes.
<Predator> ::follows Slam to the tower::
<Static> And I'm Ethan..or mostly, I just go by Static.
<Donovon> Why do I suddenly get the feeling I'm the odd one in this outfit? Wasn't I the normal one, once?
<Shackle> Nice to meet you Static
<Xeno> ::walks to the tower::
*********SIM END******