*********PRELUDE********
LOCATION> DREADNAUGHT 666
SCENE> THANOS HAS LEFT HIS SEAT IN FRONT OF THE SCREENS SHOWING THE VARIOUS BATTLES TAKING PLACE AND NOW STANDS BY THE PODIUM, HIS EYES FOCUSED ON THE FLOATING TIME GEM BEFORE HIM.
<Thanos> ::reaches for the gem, plucking it from the energy field surrounding it:: This tiny jewel is all that is needed for Legion to ascend to Godhood.
<Thanos> ::walks back towards the viewscreens with the gem:: If Legion is allowed to add the total mastery over time to his already vast arsenal, he will be unstoppable. However, that may very well already be the case.
ACTION> THANOS LOOKS OVER TO THE PODS CONTAINING THE TELEPATHS. THE PODS CONTAINING JOURNEYSTAR, MERCY, AND X-MAN HAVE BECOME INACTIVE, WHILE THE OTHER THREE PODS HOLDING CABLE, PSYLOCKE, AND SCION SHOW AN INCREASE IN ACTIVITY, THOUGH FAULTERING. INSIDE CABLE'S POD, HIS BODY HAS BEEN COMPLETELY CONSUMED BY HIS TECHNO-ORGANICS WHILE THE BATTLE CONTINUED TO WAGE.
<Thanos> Already the battlelines begin to crumble. Leaving me to wonder if the gamble i has set upon is not in fact a fool's ploy. Too much depends on a small move, which may or may not even occur.
<Thanos> ::holds up the time gem once again, staring into it:: Dare I gaze into the infinite loop once more? A century's time before, such a glimpse proved most disconcerting. Which events having changed so drastically over said time, another could be maddening...
**********SIM START********
LOCATION> NEXUS OF ALL REALITY
TIME> NOT MUCH LEFT
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS CONTINUE TO RACE DOWN THE BRIDGE TOWARDS THE NEXUS, WHICH SEEMS TO BE GETTING CLOSER. THE STRANGE BEINGS THAT ATTACKED THEM STILL PURSUE, THOUGH THEY HAVE NOT BEEN GAINING ON THEM.
<Kali> ::Flies quickly, glacing back behind her to check on the beings.::
<Powerslam> ::continues to run, occasionally forming a few energy balls behind him then sending them off, hoping it's at the beings::
<Trixie> My footsies are getting tiiiiired... Priest can you carry me? ::whines::
<Static> ::Keeps running:: Wonder how the others are holding up..
<Tripstar> ::continues flying toward the nexus::
<Jaxion> ::keeps running, not looking back:: Shock! How far is that thing away?!
<Priest> Don't worry, pain is a foreign concept once we leave these mortal shells.
<Predator> ::running with the group, silently::
<Powerslam> ::glances over at his shoulder at Preds:: ((She's been quiet ever since I kept her from falling into who knows what))
ACTION> MORE RIFTS OPEN UP AHEAD OF THEM AS EVEN MORE ALIENS LEAP OUT. ENERGY BLASTS FROM THEIR STAFFS STRIKE DOWN AT THE RUNNING MORLOCKS' FEET, TRIPPING THEM UP.
<Trixie> ewww... shells? I hate fish ::makes an "icky" face::
<Kali> ::Fries at the aliens.::
<Jaxion> Agg! ::goes flying forward, slamming into the ground and skidding forward::
<Priest> Fish don't. . .nevermind.
<Trixie> wahhh!
<Tripstar> Ack! ::swoops down at aliens, trying to bowl them over::
<Static> Gack..how'd they get ahead of us?! ::Stumbles forward, catching himself with a ports towards the aliens, trying to stab one of them::
<Predator> ::hisses and tries to tuck into a roll and come to her feet again::
<Access> ::running, charges up his staff and tries to clear some aliens out of the way::
<Powerslam> ::blinks as he's caught up then tucks and rolls when he hits:: oof
<Jaxion> These one's might have been waiting for us! ::Gets back to his feet, looking behind them at the rest of the aliens approaching:: It's not like it's not obvious where we're headed!
<Trixie> .... do you people just have targets drawn on you somewhere I can't believe we're always get shot at!!!!!!!!!!!
<Kali> ::Dives and blasts at another one behind it's back.:: Do you suppose we could use the rifts?
<Powerslam> ::gets to his knees then sends a few more energy balls at the aliens::
ACTION> MORE ALIENS POUR OF THE RIFTS, SURROUNDING THEM AGAIN.
<Jaxion> I personally don't want to risk it! No idea where they lead, could take us even farther away from the Nexus! ::turns and blasts behind them at the other aliens::
<Predator> ::lashes out at the aliens, trying to clear the path for the others::
<Kali> ::Blasts at the aliens again with a shurg.::
<Powerslam> ::stands then forms and sends a few energy balls at the aliens directly in their path::
<Static> ::Ports behind the aliens, directly ahead of them, spinning and slashing at them with his blades::
ACTION> THE ALIEN'S THAT WERE CHASING THEM CATCH UP AND RUSH THEM. ONE SLAMMING THEIR STAFF IN THE THE SMALL OF POWERSLAM'S BACK, RELEASING AN ENERGY DISCHARGE ON CONTACT.
<Tripstar> ::flashes brightly to distract nearby aliens, then trying to attack them form behind::
<Trixie> ::pulls out a punching glove gun and tries to shoot some of the aliens:: Take that you big ugly ugly things!
<Powerslam> GAH! ::falls to the.. ground?, back smoking::
<Predator> ::jumpkicks at the alien that zapped Slam::
<Jaxion> ::wrestles with one of the aliens for its staff, using the alien to block off the others:: Kali! Fly high and I'll throw you the cube! Get it to the Nexus!
<Kali> Right! ::Takes to the air then turns down waiting for the throw.::
<Powerslam> ::stands slowly, wincing::
<Jaxion> ::shoves the alien away from him, take a step back and letting loose a few blasts around him to give him some room:: Back the shock off! ::looks up for Kali, reeling back to throw the cube::
<Trixie> I think I got one I think I got one! ::hops up and down, smiling::
ACTION> ONE OF THE ATTACKERS LUNGES FORWARD, SHOVING THE ENERGY END OF ITS STAFF INTO JAXION'S STOMACH AND KEELING HIM OVER WITH A POWERFUL SURGE. ANOTHER ONE SLAMS ITS STAFF ONTO HIS BACK AND SENDS HIM TO THE GROUND, THE CUBE GOES FLYING OVER THE EDGE OF THE BRIDGE.
<Kali> No! ::Dives after the cube.::
<Trixie> Did you guys see it? I shot one of the aliens down and it crashed and it was alll me whooo!
<Jaxion> Ugn! ::hits the ground hard, groaning and not getting back up::
<Predator> We are so dead... ::watches the cube go flying::
<Static> ::Ports from alien to to alien, stabbing at them as he looks towards the cube:: Shock! Please let her snag it..
<Trixie> Next time they'll know better to take on the super-powerful-talented-beautiful-funny-awesome, Trixie!
ACTION> SOME OF THE ALIENS FIRE AT KALI AS SHE DIVES AFTER THE CUBE, THE SHOTS JUST BARELY MISSES HER AS SHE CATCHES IT.
<Kali> ::Tries to catch up with the cube.:: Come on.... ::Makes a grab for it.::
<Powerslam> ::glances at the cube:: Unfortunately... two objects fall at the same rate of speed... so it could be awhile before she gets it... ::makes a grab for one of the being's staff::
<Kali> ::Grabs the cube and clenches in her fists tightly.:: YES! ::Swings up from her dive, speeding towards the nexus.::
ACTION> ENERGY BLASTS STREAK IN FRONT OF KALI, FORCING HER AWAY FROM HER PATH TO THE NEXUS.
<Trixie> ::still celebrating:: oh I wish I took a picture so the boss could see it... I never took out an actual alien before!
<Alien> ::wrestles with Powerslam for a moment, before losing its grip of its staff and falling off the bridge::
<Kali> ::FLaps away from the blast, trying to fly higher above the path.::
<Powerslam> ::glances around then looks at the staff:: How's this thing work? ::points it at the nearest alien:: COme on... work! ::presses whatever looks like a button::
<Tripstar> ::lands behind an alien, giving it a two-handed smash to its head::
<Static> ::Continues his hit and port tactics on the aliens::
ACTION> THE STAFF BLASTS FOR POWERSLAM, THOUGH THE RECOIL ALMOST MAKES HIM LOSE HIS GRIP ON IT AS IT FLIES BACK, SLAMMING INTO THE CHEST OF AN ALIEN RIGHT BEHIND HIM AND SETTLING BACK IN HIS HANDS.
<Static> ::Ports behind and above two of the aliens firing at Kali, trying to kick them in the back::
<Kali> ::Dives back at the nexus once again.::
**********INTERLUDE*********
LOCATION> THE SOUL WORLD, HEART OF THE SOUL GEM
SCENE> BOMBSHELL AWAKENS IN A BEAUTIFUL VALLEY SURROUNDED BY TALL, MAJESTIC MOUNTAINS. NO OTHER PRESENCES CAN BE SEEN ANYWHERE AROUND HER, BUT THERE IS A STRONG SENSE OF PEACEFUL AND BELONGING THAT COMES FROM ALL AROUND.
<Bombshell> ::groans and sits up:: okay... I either had the strangest dream of my life, I'm dead, or I've finally completely snapped
<Bombshell> ::stands up and starts to walk:: Ned?
ACTION> BOMBSHELL GETS NO RESPONSE, AND NOTICES THAT NED'S GAUNTLET IS ON NEITHER OF HER HANDS.
<Bombshell> What gives? ::takes a deep breath and keeps walking::
<Voice> Beautiful, is it not?
<Bombshell> I don't see anyone else nearby... ::stops:: and I'm talking to myself. ::shakes her head and starts walking again:: ((Maybe I'll run into someone if I keep moving))
<Bombshell> who's there? ::spins around::
ACTION> BOMBSHELL SEES A MAN SITTING ON A BOULDER, WHO SOMEHOW ESCAPED BEING NOTICED BEFORE. HIS SKIN AND HAIR ARE OF GOLDEN HUE, WHILE A CRIMSON CAPE DRAPES DOWN FROM HIS SHOULDERS. HE HOLDS A STAFF LOOSELY IN ONE HAND, AT THE END OF THE STAFF SITS A WINGED TOTEM.
<Bombshell> okay... I knew something was wrong ::clenches her fists:: if you're here to fight let's just get this over with
<Warlock> Fight? There is no reason for such a thing, especially here. ::drops down off the boulder and approaches her:: I am Adam Warlock.
<Bombshell> oh, that's reassuring.
<Bombshell> Where am I?
<Warlock> You are in the Soul World.. a peaceful paradise, home to a select few of souls. And you, Lily, are here to help me save it. And all of reality. ::walks past her, deeper into the valley:: Walk with me and I shall explain.
<Bombshell> wait a shockin' sec here... you know me? ::catches up with him:: and Soul World... this is another planet?
<Warlock> I know everyone in this place, which is not a planet, but another plane of existance. Within the Soul Gem, if you remember, you fought 5 beings that each had a gem of immense power. Those beings now threaten this paradise.
<Bombshell> Wonderful... I should be a lot of help here. ::sighs and shakes her head:: I was so hard on them...
ACTION> WARLOCK STOPS AT THE EDGE OF A CLEARING. IN THE MIDDLE OF IT IS A SMALL DARK SPACE, SWIRILING CHAOTICAL IN ITS CONTAINED SPACE.
<Bombshell> What is it?
<Warlock> The combined souls of those five individuals. This will spread throughout the Soul World and turn it into a hellish existance. ::looks at her:: You were sent here to help me stop that from happening. Will you help me?
<Bombshell> ::blinks and looks at him and the portal:: I owe the Morlocks... Yes I will help you.
<Warlock> ::looks back at the void:: This collective soul will be difficult to defeat, impossible on our lonesome. However, I am confident that we are being helped by an... outside force.
*********MEANWHILE**********
LOCATION> THE BATTLEFIELD
SCENE> THE YOUNG MUTANT KNOWN TO MANY AS CANNONBALL ROCKETS UPWARD, HIS EXPRESSION CLEARLY SHOWING INTENSE ANGUISH AND DESPERATION TO CLIMB UPWARD AS HIGH AS POSSIBLE. HIGH IN THE SKY, SAMUEL GUTHRIE ERUPTS IN A C\DEVASTATING EXPLOSION THAT HIS COMRADES ARE SAVED FROM.
<Legion> A heroic, yet pointless maneuver... It is no wonder your breed has met extinction.
ACTION> LEGION STANDS ALONE. TO HIS RIGHT HANGS THE LIMP FORM OF MARROW, IMPALED TO A BOULDER BY HER OWN BONES. BELOW HER LIES A PILE OF CRUMBLED STONE THAT LOOKS TO HAVE ONCE FORMED A YOUNG GIRL. SPLICE'S CRUSHED AND CONTORTED BODY FALLS AT LEGION'S FEET, HIS DEATH SIGNIFIED BY THE FADING TENDRILS.
<Nightcrawler> Butcher!!
ACTION> NIGHTCRAWLER RAPIDLY TELEPORTS AROUND LEGION, STRIKING AT HIM FROM ALL ANGLES IN MOMENT'S TIME. THOUGH HIS BLOWS HAVE NO EFFECT. BEAMS FROM LEGION'S EYES LANCE OUT AT HIM, NARROWLY MISSING HIM AS HE 'PORTS TO A SAFER DISTANCE ONLY TO SEE THAT LEGION HAS DISAPPEARED.
<Nightcrawler> Mein gott.. ::looks around frantically, seeing Legion right behind him:: Nein! ::'ports away again::
ACTION> 'PORT FOR 'PORT, LEGION MATCHES THE FUZZY ELF, FINALLY CATCHING UP TO HIM IN A SMALL CRATER SURROUNDED BY STANDING RUINS.
<Legion> Did you honestly believe you could escape me? ;:eyes flare::
<Nightcrawler> I would certainly hope not. That would just ruin our perfectly laid plan. *BAMF!*
<Legion> What?!
ACTION> THE RUINS COME CRASHING DOWN AS CRYSTAL AND DANTE APPEAR, WHO MELT THE STONE RUINS AND FILL THE CRATER WILL MOLTEN LAVA TO DROWN LEGION.
<Nightcrawler> Now how's that for escape? ::smirks at Crystal::
ACTION> THE LAVA STARTS TO RISE UP AS A RUMBLE MOVES THROUGH THE GROUND.
<Black Knight> Crystal! Get out of there! ::rushes for her::
ACTION> A MASSIVE EXPLOSION COMES FROM THE LAVA PIT, RELEASING A FIERY WAVE OF DESTRUCTION OUTWARD. ALL IS QUIET AS IT SETTLES AGAIN.
<Crystal> ::rubs her forehead, looking around:: dane...? Dane! ::crawls towards the Black Knight, who lays on the ground unmoving::
<Black Knight> ::coughs:: Crystal.. how bad is it?
<Crystal> ::looks him over sadly:: Bad.. internal..
<Black Knight> ::smirks, coughing again;: Good.. get to die as I got to live... ::mixture of a snicker and cough:: ...good looking...
<Legion> Yes, take comfort in your death. ::stands over them both, eyes flaring and then firing a beam down at Crystal::
<Captain America> No! ::jumps in front of Crystal, blocking the beam with his shield:: Crystal.. fall back! The others are regrouping!
ACTION> AS CRYSTAL GOES, LEGION STRENGTHENS HIS BEAM ON CAP'S SHIELD.
<Legion> This is futile. Your combined might means nothing to be. And you alone stand against me?
<Captain America> ::clenches his teeth, skidding back slightly but keeping his footing:: And I will continue to stand! Alone or among many, one will stand against you! And you will fall!
ACTION> CAPTAIN AMERICA'S SHIELD BEGINS TO CRACK.
<Legion> That man, will not be you.
***********END INTERLUDE**********
LOCATION> THE NEXUS
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY THE ALIENS, KALI HAS BEEN GROUNDED BY A BLAST TO HER WING BEFORE SHE COULD MAKE OFF WITH THE CUBE.
<Powerslam> ::braces himself then presses the button on the staff again, at the nearest alien::
<Trixie> ::still celebrating her shot at one of the aliens:: So how many aliens did you guys get? Because I got one of the suckers, woooohoo!
<Kali> ::Chews her lower lip, looking like she's almost in tears.:: I'm sorry... I really am. ::Clutches at the cube.::
<Jaxion> ::groans, barely standing and touching his forehead with his fingers, pulling them back to see blood on them:: It's not your fault Kali.. there's too many of them..
<Trixie> and I got one of them ::big smile on her face::
<Predator> ::quietly:: Don't sweat it, wings...
ACTION> MORE SPACIAL RIFTS OPEN ALL AROUND, BUT THIS TIME THE ALIEN BEINGS RETREAT INTO THEM FOR NO APPARENT REASON. WHEN THE RIFTS CLOSE, THE MORLOCKS STAND ALONE ON THE BRIDGE.
<Tripstar> ::watches the aliens retreat:: What the shock...
<Trixie> I mean, sure I could have used my exploding jacks and took out a whole bunch of them... but do you know how hard it is to blast one of them with a punching glove? ::grins::
<Static> ::Ports towards Kali, looking around as the aliens leave:: Wha..? Where'd they go?
<Trixie> hey, what gives...?
<Jaxion> ::blinks, steadying himself:: What... just happened? ::glances around::
<Powerslam> ::blinks, raising an eyebrow:: Umm... I don't think I'm going to like this... ::points the staff around::
<Trixie> Hmpf. ::mutters to herself:: Nobody here with a sense o' humor
<Predator> ::sniffs the air, frowning::
<Kali> ::Looks up quietly standing up and ingoring her busted wing.:: I don't care... we need to go now.
<Jaxion> ::stumbles forward:: She's right.. get moving.. ::winces with each limp::
<Static> ::Nods:: You okay? ::Looks at Kali's wing:: Looks like you got hurt bad..
<Trixie> When do I get my official Morlock Club Badge anyways?
<Kali> It stings, but I'll manage. ::Winces slightly and starts to walk down the path quickly.::
<Access> ::scowl on face as he continues on, behind the others::
<Trixie> ::groans and starts walking towards the back:: Fine... I'll just talk to myself like I'm a crazy person...
<Trixie> ...well... I was committed... ::blinks::
<Jaxion> ::keeps looking around as he walks:: ((What the shock spooked 'em..?))
<Static> Right..::Moves forward towards the Nexus, again, quickly::
<Powerslam> ::hurries after everybody, carrying the staff with him::
<Tripstar> ::sets out for the nexus as well::
ACTION> THE MORLOCKS NEAR THE NEXUS. THE BRIDGE SIMPLY STOPS UP AHEAD, WHERE ABOUT 50 YARDS AWAY FROM THAT POINT IS THE NEXUS, A LARGE BRIGHT SOURCE OF ENERGY. ALL THE TINY SPARKS OF COLOR IN THE AIR SEEM TO FLOW RIGHT INTO IT.
<Trixie> ::yawns:: When are we going to blow stuff again?
<Trixie> ...blow it up even. Tee hee.
<Powerslam> ::blinks, eyeing the end of the bridge::
<Predator> Hope someone's got a good arm...
<Trixie> whoa, what's that? It's purty
<Trixie> I have two of 'em ::smiles::
<Predator> Really now ::dryly::
<Trixie> ::frowns:: they just do bad stuff time to time..
<Predator> ...::decides to leave that one alone::
<Static> ::Eyes the end of the bridge, looking towards the Nexus and biting his lip, nervously:: Kali can't fly with her busted wing..I'll take it.
<Kali> ::Hands Static the cube.:: Sorry...
<Jaxion> No.. ::looks at Tripstar:: We have another flyer..
<Tripstar> Right, I can do it...
<Powerslam> Go for it, Matchstick
<Trixie> ::just stands back and lets them talk about it::
<Static> We don't know what contact with the Nexus will do, though..::Shakes his head and moves towards Tripstar with the cube::
<Jaxion> Try to get it in as deep as you can.. I'm guessing that the center would be best. ::glances at the Nexus:: We've barely known a single thign so far, adn that hasn't stopped us..
<Trixie> ugh! ::stomps her foot:: and you think I say bad stuff???
<Tripstar> Ok... ::takes cube and flies off::
ACTION> IN ALL DIRECTIONS A FAINT SHIMMERING LIGHT COMES INTO VIEW IN THE FAR OFF DISTANCE. THOUGH IT IS DIFFICULT TO CLEARLY MAKE IT, IT DOES SEEM TO BE APPROACHING.
<Powerslam> ::glances around:: Now what?
<Predator> What's that, the curtain call?
<Trixie> shssshhh... it's a fairy ::grabs her Mallot:: and she's going to find a lot of loose teeth if it's another alien
<Jaxion> Holy shock... ::looks all around:: the disruption wave.. it's here..
<Trixie> eek.
<Trixie> I got it!
<Trixie> I know what to do!
<Predator> ::suppresses a shiver, standing up straighter and folding her arms::
<Powerslam> ... hurry up, Matchstick!
<Tripstar> ::sees the light and flies faster toward the nexus::
<Trixie> We just close our eyes and nothing happens! ::smiles, proud of her idea::
<Powerslam> So... when that thing reaches us, we die?
<Jaxion> Hopefully...
**********EPILOGUE*********
LOCATION> DREADNAUGHT 666
SCENE> THANOS STANDS IN A TRANCE, THE TIME GEM RESTING ON HIS FOREHEAD AND FLARING WITH ENERGY. THE ENERGY ERUPTLY FADES AWAY AS THANOS AWAKENS.
<Thanos> ::takes the time gem into his hand:: Hrm... ::grim expression::
ACTION> BEHIND THANOS, THE TELEPATH PODS AND THEIR OCCUPANTS HAVE ALL BEEN RENDERED INACTIVE.
<Thanos> It would appear that Legion is proving to be more effective than I suspected. The situation is becoming more desperate, and action must be taken.
SCENE> THE SURFACE HAS BEEN DEVASTATED INTO A SMOKEY AREA OF DEBRIS. LEGION STANDS TALL, GLOWING WITH ENERGY AND LOOKING OVER THE LANDSCAPE OF FALLEN HEROES.
<Legion> As if any assembled force could even compare to my omnipotent might.
ACTION> AN ENERGY BLAST STRIKES LEGION IN THE CHEST, SMASHING HIM BACK INTO A PILE OF RUBBLE WHICH IS REDUCED TO A FLAMING MOUND OF LAVA.
<Thanos> ::stands on the surface, one of his fists are raised and flaring with energy:: Omnipotence still eludes you, fool. ::holds up the time gem in his other hand:: Come claim your Godhood. ::eyes spark and explode with crimson energy::
********SIM END*******