************SIM START*************
LOCATION> THANOS' SHIP, THE NEW DREADNAUGHT 666
TIME> BRINK OF ARMAGEDDON
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS STAND ON A BALCONY OVERLOOKING THE VAST ASSORTMENT OF HEROES FROM HIGH UP, ALONG WITH THANOS, CAPTAIN AMERICA, AND CABLE. THE SITUATION HAVING JUST BEEN EXPLAINED, THE LOW ECHOES OF A MULTITUDE OF PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS COME FROM BELOW.
<Thanos> ::looks at Cable, then Captain America, and finally the Morlocks:: Your three seperate tasks will need to be carried out simaltaneously for it to be of any consequence. ::turns to Cable:: The task before you will require your telepath abilities and that of the rest of the telepaths.
<Jaxion> ::stands there with his arms crossed::
<Cable> What? ::eyes flares:: What for exactly?
<Captain America> ::glances at Cable, then looks directly at Thanos:: He wants to take the conflict to two different fronts.
<Static> ::Stares at the heroes, down below, glancing from them to Captain America and back:: ((If I hadn't seen the Earth blow up, this would have been really cool..))
<Predator> ::fidgets slightly, eyeing Thanos, then looking down at the huge number of heroes below::
<Kali> ::Looks unimpressed and a bit bored not really knowing who else people are.:: ((What... odd clothes...))
<Powerslam> ::looks over the balcony railing at the X-Men, then::
<Thanos> Precisely. I will have the combined psionic might harnessed for an assault on this Legion in the astral realm. ::looks to Captain America:: At the same time that your forces will engage him.
<Priest> ((This would be intriguing to the theologian in me if it didn't make the scared little boy in me want to run, hide, and wet himself. Why me?))
<Iceman> ::glances up at the balcony, then looks back at Beast:: Do you really think we've been pulled a hundred years into the future?
<Beast> ::nods:: I would also deduce that Thanos' company ::cocks his head up in the Morlocks direction:: derives from this time period, taking into account some of their attire and speech. Though I must admit my surprise to see that the only apparent legacy left from our own time period, is Victor Creed's tacky sense of fashion. However, I am afraid Thanos in fact speaks the truth.
<Iceman> ::snickers, but then sighs:: But that would mean that we've all... ::trails off, looking around at the large group::
<Beast> Indeed, my friend...
<Static> ::Quietly:: Okay, forget what I said..This is sooo shocking cool..The Avengers, the X-Men..Ah man..::Shakes his head::
<Kali> What's so great about them...? ::Scans the crowd, seeing if she reconizes anyone.::
<Powerslam> ::looks at Static:: Great, more cannon fodder.
<Priest> ::looks around at the team and then at thanos, then sighs, and mutters under his breath:: I need someone to talk to. .
<Powerslam> ::tries to gauge the distance from the group below to the balcony::
<Predator> ::looks over the crowd, gnawing on her lip slightly:: ((funny... no one looks like I pictured them from Dad's stories...))
<Static> ::Glances back at Kali, speaking quietly:: What? You've never heard the legends? They were the greatest heroes of the Late Twentieth Century and Early Twenty-First Century..::Gestures towards Cap:: And he's supposed to be the greatest of them all..
<Tripstar> ::looks at the crowd:: ((Wow... look at all of these legends...))
<Kali> ::Shurgs slightly.:: Not really. My father never told me much about heroes. He didn't have the time.
<Priest> ::also speaking quietly:: He's wearing a flag, and the little wings? Hmm. .
<Static> ..Boy that sounds familiar..::Shakes his head and sighs::
<Predator> ::glances from Priest to Static:: Captain America, huh? What a lame name...
<Static> ::Shrugs:: I always thought he carried guns or something..
<Priest> Why are we standing around here? Isn't Armageddon happening? Waiting on the horsemen to show up and go "booga-booga?"
<Predator> Nope... just a shield
<Powerslam> ::just... doesn't say anything::
<Kali> ::Sighs indiffrently.:: It doesn't matter what they did in the past, it only matters what they'll do now.
<Static> ..Least, that's what the stuff I've read says..::Shrugs:: guess it was wrong..in fact, a lot of these people look different..makes you wonder how accurate history records are..Hunh..
<Static> ::Glances at Kali:: They won't let us down..I just know it.
<Tripstar> I hope you're right...
<Powerslam> ::scratches his chin, looking at a guy with spiky hair standing next to Cap and what he'd guess're Avengers:: ((Interesting tattoo...))
*******TIME JUMP********
SCENE> ON THANOS' SHIP, EVERYONE IS PREPARING FOR THEIR PARTS OF THE BATTLE PLAN. CAPTAIN AMERICA AND THE OTHER HEROES ARE IN THE OTHER CHAMBER, GOING OVER STRATEGY WHILE CABLE AND THE TELEPATHS ARE BEING SET UP IN INDIVIDUAL PODS FOR THEIR PSIONIC ATTACK.
<Thanos> ::approaches the Morlocks from where the telepaths are set up:: Now it is time for your part. ::walks past them, the door to a compartment on the wall suddenly appearing::
<Powerslam> ::follows Thanos:: So... we go in, get killed, thus buying everybody time?
<Tripstar> What exactly is our part again? ::follows Thanos::
<Thanos> You will not be involved in the battle. At least, not yet.
<Priest> Oh, how I do enjoy being a pawn in the cosmos's chessgame. I shall have to remember to recomend it to all my friends back home. ::sighs::
ACTION> WHEN THANOS TURNS BACK TO FACE THEM, HE IS HOLDING A SMALL, JADE CUBE IN HIS GLOVED HAND.
<Powerslam> ::raises an eyebrow at the cube:: How nice.. and I didn't get you anything in return. I'd forgotten it was our anniversary. ::sarcastically::
<Static> Aww, you're not serious..That shocking sucks.. ::Sighs, looking towards the other heroes, as he follows Thanos:: Good luck..::Eyes the cube:: What's that?
<Thanos> ::eyes flare:: Before the battle begins, you will be sent to the center, there you will find a nexus of all that is, was, and will be.
<Powerslam> ::blinks:: Then what? We lose to those gem freaks again?
<Static> ..The center of that? ::Looks at the cube, blinking::
<Tripstar> ::blinks:: Wha'?
<Kali> ::Sighs.:: Please remember you're not dealing with a glaxacial deity Thanos...
<Thanos> No. The center of all actuality. The disruption wave has yet to reach it. So you will not have much time to get to the nexus. Once there, this cube must be put into it's center.
<Priest> ((I was better off with Granpa, I should've never let Genesis talk me into to signing up for this. I'm not a renegade, I'm a scholar, a clergyman, not a very good one though. Even in the worst of situations leave it to the good old subconscious to kick you while you're down.))
<Static> So the cube is like a battery or something..?
<Thanos> Or something, yes. ::shoves the cube into Jaxion's hands:: It is possible that you will encounter some opposition on your way to the nexus.
<Kali> Existance's fate is with in a cube...
<Powerslam> ::glances around:: Could we get Rev to stand around the psis while they warm up?
<Jaxion> ::blinks, taking the cube and going over it with his hands::
<Thanos> Yes. ::waves off Priest, motioning towards the pods:: Go.
<Predator> ::folds her arms and looks around::
<Priest> What difference would it make?
<Powerslam> You'd... be able to help deal with a fight, if we had to fight?
<Priest> Why? It's not like there's anything left to fight for.
<Powerslam> ::groans:: Rev's lost his faith...
<Predator> ::glances at Priest:: Fight for you
<Predator> That's all there is in the end, anyway. ::goes back to staring at the wall::
<Static> ::Frowns:: Hey..it's not like Earth is the only planet in the universe, y'know Priest..::Shakes his head:: Let's just do this..
<Jaxion> Priest.. now's not the time to be difficult. I'd say its a pretty good bet that this guy's plan includes bring the universe back.
<Powerslam> Yeah, how can you rule a universe that doesn't exist?
<Kali> ::Glares at Priest.:: And if you don't do a thing about it's going to be nothing! The lord doesn't help those who don't help themsleves, remember?
<Priest> What then? Somebody else gets the gems and it happens all over again, or even better someone like Thanos gets them and takes over.
<Kali> We have a chance then at the least.
<Priest> Yeah, just like we had a chance back in that temple.
<Kali> Sometimes chance and hope is all you have left. That's all I had.
<Powerslam> Okay, fine. Let's all just give up. Let's just let all those heros kill themselves for nothing. Let's just wait for the end to come for us.
<Priest> They're dead already.
<Predator> Well I'm still kicking and I don't intend to stop just yet
<Tripstar> I'm with Static... let's just do it.
<Jaxion> Thanos> This is irrelevant. ::taps a control on a compter console next to him::
<Static> ::Shakes his head at the arguing:: To hell with that. ::Ignites his blades:: I'm sure as hell not about to let them die, for no reason. Let's go put this cube in, kick the gem bearers asses and go back home..::Nods at Tripstar::
ACTION> A PORTAL OPENS BEFORE THEM, BOLTS OF ENERGY EXTENDING OUT AT THEM. AS EACH OF THEM ARE HIT, THEY FIND THEMSELVES TELEPORTED TO A STRANGE SCENE. THEY STAND ON A SILVER BRIDGE THAT EXTENDS THROUGH A DARK VOID OF SPACE TOWARDS A BRIGHT LIGHT FAR IN THE DISTANCE. MILLIONS OF MULTICOLORED POINTS OF LIGHT FLY THROUGH THE AIR TOWARDS THE END OF THE LIGHT.
<Powerslam> ::blinks:: I think I must've been given whatever Priest had awhile back... damn good stuff from the looks of it.
<Kali> ::Gasps.:: Oh... it's beautiful...
<Jaxion> ::blinks, stumbling a little and looking around:: Well.. that bright light down there must be the nexus Thanos mentioned
<Static> ::Looks around:: Nice place. ::Starts down the bridge, towards the bright light::
<Kali> ::Makes a tsk nosie.:: That's one thing with you, you can't have athesetic visons every once and a while.
<Jaxion> ::walks down the bridge, looking at the cube again:: I don't know what this is.. but I'm feeling a lot of power in it..
<Priest> ::walks down the path towards the light:: ((This is the only logical way to go after all, despite the metaphysical ramifications of it.))
<Powerslam> Come on, Rev... "head towards the light" ::trying for an ominous voice, follows Jaxion::
<Predator> ::standing perfectly still, looking around, awestruck::
<Tripstar> ::heads for the light too::
<Kali> It's just a little sad everything we know is based on one cube...
<Jaxion> ::whistles:: Hey, Preds snap out of it! ::keeps walking;: Thanos said that wave will be here soon...
<Predator> ::reluctantly starts walking, craning her neck to look around at all the lights::
<Kali> I also find it a bit disturbing that everything we know is based on a cube and gems... Whomever designed this whole power structor was otpstimic or an idiot...
<Static> I'll hope for the former, I guess..::Shrugs and keeps walking::
<Tripstar> Yeah, you can say that again.
<Jaxion> I don't fully understand what all is going on here... so there's probably more to it than just the gems.. and whatever this cube is supposed to do.
<Predator> ::shakes her head slightly:: No... it isn't all based on those... there's gotta be more
ACTION> RIFTS OPEN AROUND THE BRIDGE UP AHEAD OF THEM. STRANGE BEINGS, BARELY HUMANOID IN FORM AND HOLDING STAFF WEAPONS WITH THE TIPS GLOWING WITH ENERGY, LEAP OUT FROM THE RIFTS AND BLOCK THE BRIDGE AHEAD OF THEM. BARELY AUDIBLE SOUNDS COME FROM THEM, A LANGUAGE THAT NONE OF THEM CAN REMOTELY UNDERSTAND.
<Kali> ::Nods.:: Just a opinion, I never said I belive that... ::Blinks::
<Jaxion> ::stops abruptly, looking at the newcomers:: ...say what?
<Powerslam> ::blinks:: Umm... ::looks at them:: bless you?
<Predator> ::shakes the last of the awe from her, extending her claws:: Looks like the party's over..
<Jaxion> No way around them.. ::clenches the cube tightly::
<Static> ::Ignites his blades:: Or it's just beginning. Depends on how you look at things.
<Tripstar> ::looks at beings:: Uh-oh...
ACTION> MORE SOUNDS COME FROM THE BEINGS AS PREDATOR AND STATIC ARM THEMSELVES.
<Jaxion> ...I think you made them mad
<Kali> Calm down, don't attack just yet...
<Static> Good for them. I got plenty of mad, I feel like working off..::Eyes the beings, but doesn't make a move to attack::
<Predator> ::holds up her hands, palms facing the beings in what she hopes is a pacifying gesture:: Well what the hell are we supposed to do if they wave those pointy things at us?
<Kali> Duck? ::Calls out.:: Hello?
ACTION> MORE RIFTS OPEN BEHIND THEM. PREDATOR AND PRIEST ARE BOTH STRUCK IN THE BACK, THE PAINFUL ENERGY DISCHARGES SLAMMING PRIEST FACE FIRST INTO THE BRIDGE AND THROWING PREDATOR OVER THE EDGE OF THE BRIDGE.
<Powerslam> ::blinks then grabs for Preds::
<Static> ::Turns, towards the rifts, behind him, ready to port in an eyeblink, as he looks to see who the newcomers are::
<Jaxion> Shock it! ::turns and let's lose a blast back at the beings behind them::
<Kali> ::Goes into the air.:: ((Damn!))
ACTION> POWERSLAM CATCHES PREDATOR AND PULLS HER BACK ONTO THE BRIDGE
<Priest> ::lies there contentedly:: ((Now to just wait for the serene peace of death.))
<Kali> ::Blasts at the beings with a fireball then dives at one, plunging her knief in it.::
<Predator> Agh!! ::startled blink, hangs onto Slam:: Uh... thanks. I think.
<Powerslam> ::sits down:: Are you... alright? ::pauses to let his shoulder pop back into it's socket, healing itself::
<Tripstar> ::powers up and attacks one of the aliens behind them::
<Jaxion> We REALLY don't have time for this! ::glances down at Priest:: Static, teleport the lug up ahead of us. Powerslam, make us an opening up ahead, we're making a break for it!
<Predator> ::mutters and grimaces slightly:: Yeah, I'm sure they mean no harm... stupid little buggers don't know we're saving reality, after all
<Kali> It's my fault...
<Powerslam> ::stands then quickly forms five energy balls and sends them at the beings in front of them::
<Static> ::Ports to Priest's side:: Going for a ride, Priest. ::Grabs Priest and ports with him, as far ahead of the beings, as he can manage::
<Jaxion> Go! ::fires off a few more wide blasts behind him and then mades a dash forward::
ACTION. THE ENERGY BALLS EXPLODES, SCATTERING THE BEINGS AHEAD OF THEM.
<Predator> ::leaps for the opening::
<Powerslam> ::runs after everybody, heading for where the energy balls went::
<Kali> ::Dives through towards the opening and keeps flying.::
<Tripstar> ::flies after everyone else::
ACTION> THE MORLOCKS MAKE IT THROUGH, BUT THE BEINGS REGROUP AND PURSUE, MORE OF THEM COMING OUT OF RIFTS.
<Jaxion> ::keeps running:: Keep going! We just have to get this into the nexus! ::holds onto the cube::
<Powerslam> ::grits his teeth, putting on more speed::
<Priest> ::gets up and follows along, innate self-preservative tendencies kicking in::
<Kali> Do you think I could get there faster? ::Keeps the pace up.::
<Predator> ::runs with the group:: Want me ta hold 'em off behind?
<Jaxion> There might be more up ahead! We have to stay together for now!
<Static> 'Bout time. You need to lose some weight, Dono. ::Moves ahead, towards the light::
ACTION> THE ATTACKERS CONTINUE TO CHASE, THEIR STAFFS EMITTING ENERGY BEAMS THAT SHOOT OUT AT THEM.
********MEANWHILE********
LOCATION> THE DREADNAUGHT
SCENE> THANOS SITS AT HIS CONSOLE, SURROUNDED BY SCREENS SHOWING VARIOUS VIEWS A PIECE OF A PLANET WHICH THE LEGION RESIDES ON, THE TELEPATHS ON THE ASTRAL PLANE SOARING TOWARDS THEIR TARGET, AND THE MORLOCKS ON THE BRIDGE RUNNING FROM THE ALIENS.
<Thanos> ::sits back, a grin forming:: Excellent, all the pawns are now in place. It is now Warlock's move.
ACTION> THE SCREEN FOCUSING ON THE ASTRAL PLANE SHOWS THE TELEPATH'S ABOUT TO ENGAGE LEGION.
<Thanos> It is time. ::presses a button on the console, one of the screen focusing in on Captain America:: +com+ The psionic battle is about to begin.
SCENE> ON THE SURFACE, WHICH IS COVERED IN THE RUINS OF WHAT MUST HAVE BEEN A QUITE LARGE TEMPLE, THE ASSORTED HEROES ARE IN VARIOUS OUT-OF-VIEW POSITIONS, WAITING FOR THEIR MOMENT TO STRIKE LEGION, WHO STANDS ON A PLATFORM IN THE CENTER OF THE RUINS.
<Legion> ::cocks his head slightly, taking notice of the oncoming attack via the astral plane:: Ah, so Thanos' forces strike.
ACTION> THE GROUND UNDER LEGION'S FEET STARTS TO SWIRL AROUND AND TURN TO MUD, AS A RUSH OF WATER FORCES IT TO.
<Legion> Right on cue! ::stumbles, losing his footing in the sudden attack::
ACTION> ANDROMEDA FLIES OUT FROM BEHIND A PILLAR, STRIKING LEGION IN THE BACK AND SENDING HIM CRASHING FORWARD INTO THE GROUND.
<Captain America> Torrent! Andromeda! Pull back! ::moves out from the cover of some rubble:: Crystal! Terra! You're up!
ACTION> THE GROUND QUAKES AND CRACKS VIOLENTLY UNDER LEGION, CAUSING THE PILLARS AND WALLS TO CRASH DOWN AND BURY HIM. NOTHING HAPPENS FOR A MOMENT AS THE OTHER HEROES COME INTO VIEW.
<Captain America> Hold back, people... ::watches the rubble::
ACTION> LEGION EXPLODES FORTH FROM THE RUBBLE, STANDING ATOP THE PILE AND FLARING WITH ENERGY.
<Captain America> Second wave, go!
ACTION> NIMBUS RISES INTO THE AIR AS A FOG STARTS TO ROLL IN AROUDN LEGION. SPIDER-MAN, NIGHTCRAWLER, MAN-SPIDER, AND THE BEAST LEAPS FORWARD AT HIM, BOUNDING AND DODGING AND TELEPORTING ALL AROUND HIM.
Legion> Arrg! Annoyances! ::blasts wildy at them, missing his marks::
ACTION> THE FOUR HEROES PULL AWAY FROM LEGION AS GIANT MAN SUDDENLY APPEARS RIGHT UNDER HIM. HE QUICKLY GROWS TO FULL SIZE, UPPERCUTTING LEGION HIGH INTO THE AIR.
<Beast> ::flips away:: And the ball has been set, time for the spike.
ACTION> IRON MAN, WAR MACHINE, QUASAR, POLARIS, CAPTAIN MARVEL, AND FIRESTAR SPEEDS THROUGH THE AIR TOWARDS LEGION, UNLEASHING THEIR COMBINED FIREPOWER ON HIM WHILE IN THE AIR. THE RESULT IS A LARGE EXPLOSION, AND LEGION BARRELS BACK DOWN TO THE SURFACE, CREATING A SMALL CRATER.
<Captain America> All right. Now... let him go!
<Hulk> HULK SMASH!!
ACTION> THE HULK LEAPS HIGH INTO THE AIR, SMASHING DOWN ON LEGION AND WAILING ON HIM FULL FORCE. EACH CATACLYSMIC IMPACT OF THE HULK'S FISTS CREATE A LOUD BOOM AND SHAKE THE VERY GROUND.
<Quasar> ::lands next to Cap:: Now what?
<Captain America> We wait.. he hasn't even retaliated yet.
ACTION> THERE IS AN EVEN LOUDER BOOM AS THE HULK GOES SAILING PAST OVERHEAD.
<Spider-Man> ::watches the Hulk pass by and looks at Cap:: Um.. might I point out a flaw in this "piss off the all-powerful supreme being" plan?
******SIM END*****