********SIM START******
SCENE> AT THE END OF THEIR WALK ACROSS THE INSTALLATION, JACKSON AND POWERSLAM ARRIVE AT AN INDOOR BALCONY, ENCLOSED BY A TRANSPARENT WALL, OVERLOOKING A LAUNCHBAY WITH SPACE TRANSPORTS AND A LARGER, BLACK SHIP THAT POWERSLAM DOES NOT RECOGNIZE.
<Jackson> So you say you know nothing of the Ruby of Cytorrak? ::arms behind his back, facing outside towards the launchbay rather than Powerslam::
<Powerslam> Yeah, what, do I need to repeat myself?
<Jackson> Hmm.. you may still have some information that could be of some use.
<Powerslam> Like what information? ::glances to the launchbay::
<Jackson> Your family has lived on the Phoebe mining colony for some time, correct?
<Powerslam> Yeah, why? ::eyes Jackson::
<Jackson> Then perhaps the gem can be found there. I have searched for it in its temple in Indonesia.. as well as much of the rest of the world. I see now that it could have all be futile if it was no longer on this planet.
<Powerslam> What do you want from me, then?
<Jackson> ::looks back at him:: You will go back to the mining colony with me. There is a chance you could be of further use even still.
ACTION> THREE GUARDS WALK OUTON THE BALCONY, TWO GARBED IN BLACK AND ONE WEARING A PIXEL UNIFORM. THE BALCONY BEGINS TO DESCEND DOWN TO THE LAUNCHBAY LEVEL
<Powerslam> Why... would Pixel let me back into the mining colony?
<Jackson> Like you, they also have no choice in this matter.
<Powerslam> ::raises an eyebrow:: You're making them let me?
<Jackson> ::walks towards the black vessel after the balcony lowers:: Correct.
<Powerslam> ::follows him:: So if I decide not to, it's fair to say that you'll make me.
<Jackson> As I said, you have no choice in this matter. ::turns to face him and the guards once they reach the vessel, pulling a gun out from the inside of his jacket::
<Powerslam> ::eyes the gun:: But... if I do go along with this, you will free my family? Or at least make Pixel?
<Jackson> I might.
<Powerslam> Might? I know I'm in no position to make demands... but I'll go along with this as long as you free them.
<Jackson> Once again you are correct. You're not in any position to make demands. ::turns his gun on the Pixel guard, shooting him in the chest before he can react and looking at the two other guards:: Tie up the rest of the loose ends and report back to headquarters. I will join you after this little trip.
<Powerslam> ::barely flinches:: ((My family...))
******MEANWHILE******
SCENE> ELSEWHERE IN THE INSTALLATION, THE REST OF THE MORLOCKS ARE CONFINED IN A DETENTION CELL WITH AN ENERGY FIELD INHIBITING MUTANT POWERS. RESTRAINTS HAVE BEEN FIRMLY LOCKS OVER THEIR FOREARMS, HOLDING THEM TOGETHER BEHIND EACH OF THEIR BACKS.
<Static> ::Tugs slightly at his restraints:: I don't suppose any of you know how to pick locks..
<Priest> We don't need to pick them. . .
<Kali> Lovely, just lovely. Next time we listen to the leader...
<Jaxion> ::sits on a bench, staring at the door and smirking slightly:: Don't worry, this works just as well.
<Tripstar> ((Well, back behind bars...))
<Revel> ::grumbles a bit still pretty much asleep::
<Kali> Or perhaps we should of talked about this in the car...?
<Jaxion> ::looks up at the ceiling, and around the cell:: The field inhibiting the mutant powers should lose its effects after we leave the cell.
<Priest> ::waits on jaxion to work his mojo-jojo on the door::
ACTION> WEAPONS' FIRE CAN BE HEARD OUTSIDE THE CELL, ALONG WITH PEOPLE YELLING AND EXPLOSIONS.
<Tripstar> Any ideas on how to get out? ::hears explosions:: What the...
<Priest> ((Maybe we should stay in here. . .))
<Kali> ::Glances at the door.::
<Static> Uh..Why do I not like the sound of that?
<Priest> Because it's not the sounds of happy little children on Christmas morning?
<Jaxion> Well.. whatever's going on out there should provide a nice distraction. ::stands up, hands glowing and the restraints on his arms falling to pieces:: Somebody kick Revel and wake him up.
<Revel> ::lifts his head his eyes a little watery::Wh-What's going on?
<Revel> ::pushes himself up against a wall and uses his feet to lift himself from the ground::I'm up. I'm up.
<Kali> Wait a second... our powers are working or...?
<Priest> His powers are
<Static> ::Blinks:: Exactly how did you do that..?
<Jaxion> I'm a magician, not a mutant. ::hands glow again, letting loose a blast that breaks the door open:: Let's go. ::heads out of the cell, looking around::
<Predator> ::stumbles to her feet, following::
<Revel> ::runs out of the cell and as soon as out covers his arms in blue energy and expands it breaking off the restraints::Ahh...there we go.
ACTION> PIXEL TECHNICIANS AND GUARDS LITTER THE CORRIDOR. ALL OF THEM DEAD FROM ENERGY WEAPONS FIRE. THE FIGHTING CAN BE HEARD FURTHER AWAY FROM THEIR LOCATION, APPARENTLY HAPPENING THROUGHOUT THE INSTALLATION.
<Bombshell> ::waits for a couple seconds before following them::
<Kali> ::Nods to herself.:: I knew that... ::fOLLOWS THEM.::
<Static> ::Quirks an eyebrow:: Interesting..::Heads through the door, porting out of his restraints as soon as he gets through::
<Tripstar> ::steps out of cell and looks around:: Well, someone is attacking Pixel.. wonder if they're after us?
<Jaxion> I don't think so. ::looks around at the bodies:: They passed right by us.
<Revel> ::holds his arm up and creates a shield::Well...better safe than sorry.
<Static> You think it's an Anti-Corp group?
<Jaxion> ::looks over at Predator:: Well we're inside. Can you pick up Powerslam's scent?
<Kali> ::Uses a gun from one of the bodies to break off the restraints.:: Hmmm... perhaps.
<Priest> ::follows the others, breaking free of his restraints with ease once powers return, ignoring the stench of burnt flesh and fused gear and such to keep from being sick:: Let's. . .get out of here ::looks rather pale::
<Predator> ::having gotten her restraints off somehow by now, sniffs the air::
<Predator> If he's here, I'll smell 'im
ACTION> PREDATOR PICKS UP HIS SCENT, BOTH HIM AND JACKSON HAVING PASSED BY THEIR LOCATION ON THEIR WALK
<Static> ::Nearly gags, taking a breath:: How can you smell him, through all this..? ::Shakes his head:: I think I'm going to be sick..
<Predator> ::follows the scent, walking quickly::
<Bombshell> ::looks around::
<Jaxion> ::follows after Predator:: Come on, everybody. Gotta keep up
<Priest> ::keeps his head up like he's walking a tightrope and follows preds::
<Tripstar> ::follows the rest:: Roger that. ::keeps an eye out for bad guys::
<Static> ::Follows, shaking his head and muttering to himself:: Just don't look at the bodies..
ACTION> THE WEAPONS FIRING SEEMS TO GET LESS FREQUENT, MORE AND MORE PIXEL EMPLOYEES LITTER THE GROUND. BUT NO BODIES OF THEIR MURDERERS
<Bombshell> ::lets out a deep sigh and keeps walking::
<Priest> ::thinks aloud:: Maybe they're done with their horid little rampage. .
<Static> ::Lowers his mask, hoping to block out some of the smell::
<Tripstar> Let's hope so... ::glances nervously around::
<Revel> ::hmms::Well...we have to think that maybe these people are worse than these Pixel people.
<Jaxion> Must mean every Pixel employee is dead... ::looks around::
<Priest> That's a pleasent thought. ::sarcastically::
<Predator> ::continues following the scent::
<Jaxion> They look like they were taken completely offguard. Some don't even have their weapons pulled. ::kees after Predator::
<Predator> ::kicks a few bodies out of her path as she goes::
<Revel> I didn't say it was, but we have to think of all the possiblities. Otherwise, we may end up dead. ::flies into the air as blue energy surrounds his feet, and continues forward, shrinking his shield a little but still holds it in front of him::
<Static> A coup, then, maybe..? ::Follows, keeping his eyes off the bodies::
<Priest> Is the running commentary, neccessary? Dead is dead.
ACTION> THEY ARRIVE AT THE BALCONY OVERLOOKING THE LAUNCHBAY. THE ROOF HATCH IS OPEN AND A LARGE BLACK VESSEL CAN BARELY BE SEEN DEPARTING. A FEW SPACE TRANSPORTS ARE STILL LANDED, AS WELL AS ABOUT A DOZEN SOLDIERS GARBED IN ALL BLACK MAKING THEIR WAY OUT OF THE LAUNCHBAY
<Revel> Actually, it is. You seem to have some problems within this group and better analyzation of the situations may help to improve them. Now, unless you have a better idea you may want to be quiet and stop critisizing others.
<Tripstar> ::sees ship:: Anyone recognize that ship?
<Priest> ::turns towards revel slowly:: Are you talking to me?
<Predator> Yeah. I see black dots all the time. ::mutters::
<Revel> ::flies past Priest::Yes....No, I am actually new to all of these corps and such.
<Jaxion> Hard to tell from here. Fits the descript of the one that attacked you at Hope Springs though. ::notices the men:: And I think they'll know more.
<Static> ::Ignites his energy blades:: Right..looks like we might be in for a fight. ::Sends a glance at Revel and Priest:: You two knock it off, will you? We don't have time for your bickering..
<Bombshell> ::stands with a vacent look on her face::
<Revel> ::floats in the air not even look at Static::Who was bickering?
<Predator> Well, looks like we'd better follow ::looks over the edge of the balcony like she's thinking about jumping down to the launch bay hatch::
<Priest> I don't "bicker."
<Jaxion> ::jumps off the balcony:: Static, block them off! ::let's out a small groan when he hits the floor and runs after the men::
<Revel> ::flies down holding his shield in front of him and putting one of his hands out charging up blue energy and then creating a blunt bat like object::Here we go...
<Predator> ::jumps, as well, running after the men, claws bared::
<Jaxion> Keep one or two conscious! Like I said, they have info.
<Tripstar> ::powers up and flies after the men::
<Predator> Ohh, they'll squeal when I ask 'em things...
<Static> ::Ports down to the floor, in front of the guards:: Going somewhere? ::Slashes at a few::
<Bombshell> ::just watches them::
<Predator> ::grabs at a guard's collar, to lift him off his feet::
<Priest> ::doesn't leave the balcony:: ((If they think they're getting me off of this planet, they've got another thing coming. Think I'm getting into one of those contraptions while in my right mind? HA!)) Hmph. ::folds his arms over his chest::
ACTION> ONE SOLDIER FALLS UNCONSCIOUS FROM STATIC'S BLADE, THE OTHER CATCHES HIS ARM AND HURLS HIM AT THE WALL. PREDATOR RECEIVES AN ELBOW TO THE JAW, AND A HURT ELBOW FOR THE SOLDIER
<Predator> ::snarls, shaking the guy by the collar::
<Static> ::Ports, before he hits the wall, appearing behind the soldier that threw him and stabbing his blade at the back of the man's head::
ACTION> THE SOLIDER SHOOTS BEHIND HIM AT PREDATOR, A FEW ENERGY DISCHARGES SLICING THROUGH HER MIDSECTION
<Tripstar> ::tries to take down the shooting soldier::
<Predator> Urrghh... ::hisses and cuffs at the guy's head::
<Jaxion> ::blasts at a couple of guards' feet, knocking them off balance::
<Bombshell> ::just stands her ground::
ACTION> AS THEY START TO OBVIOUSLY LOSE THIS FIGHT, EACH OF THE SOLDIER'S SUITS MAKES A SLIGHT HISSING SOUND AS THEIR BODIES DISINEGRATE
<Predator> ::grumbles, rubbing at her midriff:: So much for prisoners
<Jaxion> ::takes a few steps back as the two soldiers disiengrate inside their suits:: Oh that was nasty.
<Predator> ::wrinkles her nose, grimacing slightly::
<Tripstar> ::lands and powers down:: Weird, but fortuitous.
<Priest> ::sighs and shakes his head:: ((Everywhere we go, Death is sure to follow.))
<Static> ::Curses:: Some kind of suicide mechanism..?
<Jaxion> Let me guess. Slam's scent ends here. ::looks at Predator::
<Predator> I'd guess the flying thing was his destination. So. Are we following or not?
<Jaxion> That's the problem. Where? They could bejust about anywhere in the solar system now.
<Predator> ::shrugs:: One of you techie people figure that out.
<Bombshell> ::kneels down next to a suit and looks it over::
<Static> ::Gestures towards one of the transports:: Why don't we use one of those? There might be some way to track it, since they seem to be used by the same people..
<Priest> ((We're harbingers. .oh, God, I'm a harbinger! This is bad. . .)) NOT! ::jumps down off the balcony:: That's why we should just wait here for them. ((No point spreading Death across the cosmos needlessly. .yeah. . .)) ::sweats::
<Ned> ::after beign silent for the entire time:: I... might have a suggestion.
ACTION> BOMBSHELL CAN SEE THE SUIT'S CIRTCUITRY STARTING TO DETIORATE, BECOMING USELESS
<Priest> ::under his breath:: Not now, Ned!
<Predator> ((Don't these people have radar, anymore?))
<Jaxion> ::glances back at Priest:: Wait here for what? The Pixel troops to come so we can be blamed for this as well? ::looks at the transports:: Those are Pixel.. generic models. Whatever we just saw flew off wasn't anything like that.
<Static> ::Glances over towards Bombshell and Ned:: What's your suggestion, Ned?
<Priest> We're going to get blamed regardless, Jax. ::dry look::
<Ned> This being a Pixel installation.. where ever they took him most likely took him somewhere else involving Pixel. I reviewed Powerslam's profile. His former how was a Pixel mining colony on one of Saturn's moons.
<Jaxion> Let me rephrase that then Priest. We'll be tortured and executed for it.
<Predator> ((Saturn has moons? And people live on them... weird))
<Static> Uhm..::Glances at Ned:: Saturn, huh? Well, I always did want to see new lands..or something..::Shrugs, glancing at Jaxion::
<Priest> Sa-sa-saturn? As in sixth from the sun. .far far away, Saturn? ((Torture's looking mighty nice right about now.))
<Tripstar> Well, that sounds as good a possibility as any...
<Jaxion> That's our only guess where they went. ::looks at one of the transports:: These can get us there.
<Predator> I always wanted to go on a road trip ::faintly sarcastic tone, heads for the nearest thing that looks like it might fly::
<Jaxion> Let's get moving. They already have a head start on us. ::heads for a transport::
<Tripstar> Well, what are we waiting for? ::heads for craft, then stops:: Um... can anyone fly one of these things?
<Priest> ::stands there in a daze looking at the transport and blinking occasionally::
<Static> ::Shrugs:: I can probably fix it, but I can't fly it..::Starts to move towards a transport::
<Jaxion> I might be able to.. or Ned over there. He drove us here in the first place.
<Priest> But it's Saturn.
<Jaxion> Not really. Just a moon.
<Priest> It's a moon though. It's not earth. ::gives jaxion a look as if he just revealed something startling rather than blatantly apparent::
<Predator> ::eyes Priest:: Wuss. Get on the... thing. You can work on your suntan later.
********EPILOGUE********
LOCATION> PHOEBE, SATURNIAN ORBIT
SCENE> POWERSLAM STANDS BY A WINDOW AS THE MINING COLONY COMES INTO VIEW.
<Powerslam> ::winces mentally, seeing the colony:: ((Being forced... to come back home)) ::sighs::
<Jackson> ::comes up behind Powerslam, holding the gun from before once again:: Welcome home.
*******SIM END*******