*******PRELUDE*******
SCENE> POWERSLAM AWAKES IN A DIMLY LIT CHAMBER, FINDING HIMSELF ALONE AND UNRESTRAINED. THE CHAMBER ISN'T VERY LARGE, NOR IS IT VERY THREATENING, MOSTLY EMPTY EXCEPT FOR THE COMFORTABLE BED HE AWAKES IN.
<Powerslam> ::blinks and stretches, trying to sit up:: ((What's this? I wake up somewhat comfortable despite remembering what happened? No... didn't go drinking last night...))
<Powerslam> ::blinks, searching around for a door:: Where am I? ((Great... I suppose the others got in trouble again... I'm going to have to go save them soon... after breakfast, if I can find it))
ACTION> THE DOOR SLIDES OPEN AS A WELL DRESSED MAN STEPS INSIDE
<Powerslam> ::stands and looks at the man:: Who do you work for?
<Jackson> ::smirks slightly, seeming to find his question amusing:: No one. My name is Jackson Holmes.
<Powerslam> ::raises an eyebrow:: I don't know a Jackson Holmes... you must be after one of the others, I take it.
<Jackson> ::shakes his head:: I have no use for them. :;turns around, walking back out of the room:: Come walk with me, I have an offer to make you
<Powerslam> ::shrugs slightly to himself then follows him:: ((At least I don't have to deal with the crazy furball or Rev))
<Jackson> ::walks down the corridor:: I understand it that Pixel has taken some of your family members?
<Powerslam> ::clenches his teeth;: Why... yes, those... yes, they have.
<Jackson> Well cooperate with me and they will be released.
<Powerslam> ::blinks at the man:: You make a persuasive bargain... what do you want from me?
<Jackson> ::looks back at him:: I want the Ruby of Cyttorak.
*******SIM START*******
LOCATION> JUST ENTERING FLORIDA
TIME> HOURS AFTER THE ATTACK
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS ARE FOLLOWING THE FAINT TRAIL LEFT BY THEIR ATTACKERS AIRCRAFT ABOARD A MAGLEV THEY RECOVERED FROM HOPE SPRINGS. BOMBSHELL'S UP FRONT WITH NED "DRIVING."
<Kali> How come I can't drive?
<Bombshell> ::looking more tired than usual::
<Static> ::Sits near the front, his arms crossed::
<Ned> Because I know the way
<Caprice> :::sighs:::
<Revel> ::rubs his head as he blinks his eyes waking up in the seat::W-What happened?
<Tripstar> ::thinks back to Kali's driving:: Ooh... the very thought gives me motion sickness...
<Predator> ::scowls, arms folded, and glares at nothing in particular::
<Jaxion> ::glances back at Revel:: He's awake again
<Kali> ::Pouts slightly.::
<Priest> ::taps on the arm of his seat absently with a pen::
<Revel> Oy...I don't think I want to be. ::looks around and closes his eyes::((What's going on..))
<Bombshell> ...you can drive next time Kali.
<Tripstar> So, how's the trail going? Can we get a rough estimate of where they went?
<Static> ::Leans over towards the front:: Ned..you said you knew where you were going..any idea yet who might have snagged Powerslam?
<Kali> Good! I rather enjoyed it! ::Slightly smiles as she watches landscape passes by.::
<Revel> ::opens his eyes again and sees everyone::((Ack! It wasn't a dream.))Can someone tell me exactly what's going on?
<Ned> I'm simply following the energy trail left by the aircraft. I really have no idea who the men in the unmarked craft are. But our destination appears to be a Pixel installation.
<Caprice> hmm..
<Predator> ::grumbles:: ((Can't believe he let himself get caught..))
<Kali> Pixel?
<Static> Pixel? Hmm..Can't say I know much about them..
<Priest> ::breaks the pen in half from all the insessant tapping getting ink all over his hand and sighs::
<Tripstar> ::to Revel:: Well, we're on the trail of whomever kidnapped our teammate, Powerslam.
<Jaxion> ::glances back at Revel again:: One of our... teammates was taken by those guys that attacked Hope Springs... the second time. We're goign after him and took you along since you were kinda.. unconscious and helpless.
<Bombshell> ::grumbles:: for another beating I'm sure..
<Revel> Oh well thanks for watching out...I'm usually alot better than I was there. ::rubs his head::Hope I'm not losing my touch. So, who are you guys?
<Priest> The perpetual sitting duck brigade.
ACTION> THE MAGLEV VAN LANDS, IN SIGHT IS THE PIXEL INSTALLATION. THE SUN IS JUST BARELY STARTING TO RISE.
<Revel> Um...nice name. ::looks wierdly at Priest::
<Caprice> :::snickers:::
<Static> Well, looks like it's time for some action..::Cracks his knuckles::
<Kali> ::Stands up slowly.:: I suppose so...
<Bombshell> yeah... right
<Bombshell> ::gets up::
<Static> Want me to scout the place out, first?
<Revel> ::stands up::Well...um can someone tell me where exactly we are going and what exactly we are doing?
<Caprice> :::Stands up and looks around:::
<Kali> No, how can we? We don't know oursleves...
<Revel> Ahh...very organized. ::looks around again::((I'm assuming they are mutants...so I don't have to hide much.))
<Jaxion> ::opens the door, getting out:: Why Pixel.. last time it was Paradox and Start-Fujikawa..
<Bombshell> always someone isn't it...
<Predator> ::pushes her way out the door, looking around and sniffing the air::
<Bombshell> ::sighs:: ((I'm starting to forget why I still do this..))
<Bombshell> I'll go first
<Revel> Well, I guess I can lend my help. ::walks outside and looks around::
<Kali> They hate us. I can't understand why, all we do is run away.
<Static> ::Shrugs:: Powerslam has mentioned he hated the Corps..maybe he had some bad dealings with Pixel..::Glances over at Bombshell:: You sure? You seem a bit..tired.
<Revel> Pixel...sounds familiar. ::searches his pockets for gum, unwraps a piece, and puts it in his mouth::
<Bombshell> ::just walks outside and looks around::
<Bombshell> So Ned... if anything happens to me where would you go exactly?
<Jaxion> Ned> Possibilities aren't pleasant.
<Static> ::Ports ahead, next to Bombshell and walks with her:: They kill me, I'll come back, anyways..I'll watch your back. Besides..I want first crack at some of the action. ::Grins::
<Bombshell> that's comforting..
<Jaxion> ::walks towards the installation:: We're not going to attack it.
<Bombshell> ::walks ahead:: Go back Static.
<Bombshell> I can handle this... I'm supposedly invurnable most of the time
<Tripstar> ::looks around and walks toward installation:: ((I wonder what they want Powerslam for...))
<Static> ::Glances back at Jaxion:: Uhm..guess we're not supposed to attack, yet, anyways..::Stops and starts to head back:: I still say I should port in and look around, a little..
<Jaxion> Do that and we might as well attack, cuz they'll be attacking us if you break in like that. ::continues towards the installation::
<Revel> ::looks up at the building::You all don't even know what to expect and you guys want to just go rushing in? Not smart...
<Bombshell> nothing wrong with a little deversion though
<Caprice> :::follows the others::::
<Predator> ::turns back towards the others:: I'll give you a diversion. Where do I strike?
<Priest> It's also not smart to talk out of turn ::gives revel a polite smile::
<Kali> ::Sighs slightly, picking herself up.:: So what do you plan on?
<Caprice> Is that really so wise, though?
<Static> ::Looks towards Jaxion:: So, J-Man..you got a plan?
<Revel> ::glances at Predator::From what I've seen you have to get close to attack...Someone who can attack from a distance could provide a better diversion. ::looks over at Priest::It doesn't seem to me as if people have turns.
<Bombshell> All right then... you Morlocks figure it out... I'm going in.
<Bombshell> ::moves towards the place::
<Predator> ::growls:: I coulda been in there by now, with all the time you spend yakkin' about it..
<Caprice> uh...:::isn't quite sure what to do..:::
<Revel> ::looks over at Bombshell::That's a good way to double our job of retrieving one of your lost members...
<Priest> ::cracks his knuckles and slaps revel on the back with his still wet with ink hands:: Good point.
<Static> ::Shakes his head at Bombshell:: Ah..want me to stop her? ::Glances towards Jaxion, igniting one of his energy blades::
<Bombshell> Ned, maybe you should stay here with them... you're a lot more important to the team now
<Predator> ::heads for the building::
<Kali> This is the exact reason why I believe in a God. ::Rolls her eyes to the the sky.:: We're still living.
<Jaxion> No. Not yet at least. Bombshell, we are not attacking the installation.
<Kali> ... This isn't a sucide mission!
<Revel> ACk! ::Almost falls over and then reflexively charges up energy in his hand almost punching Priest but then stops::Don't...EVER do that again!
<Caprice> I agree with Kali
<Bombshell> you're not I am...
<Priest> ::holds his arms up in a gesture of surrender:: A bit touchy aren't you?
<Bombshell> I can take a whole lot of damage before going down and that should give you guys enough time to break him out
<Caprice> But you don't have to..I'm sure there's a better way
<Jaxion> I will shoot you myself before you go and get us all killed Bombshell.
<Static> "Before going down"? Why do I NOT like the sound of that..
<Revel> Well in my life, I've learned to be that way. It's the only way to survive. ::powers down his fist and brushes himself off::
<Predator> ::stalking toward the building, stops long enough to glance back at Bombshell:: I can take as much as she can... us two can go, the rest of you get it in there another route and find Slam.
<Caprice> :::frowns:::
<Revel> ::flies up into the air as his feet are covering in blue energy and lands in front of Bombshell and Predator::What would be the point?
<Kali> This is insane! Don't you realize we have to do something, even if it's annoying Corps., it's better than nothing.
<Static> ::Ignites his other energy blade:: Okaaay..Why am I really not liking this plan?
<Revel> IF you go in we will be sacraficing two members to earn one. Basic math shows us it is not wroth it. Especially since we can get this guy you call...Slam I believe, and not lose anyone.
<Bombshell> All right then... put it this way... I either do this, or I'm off this mission completely but from the sounds of it you'll need me there more than not
<Bombshell> ::crosses her arms:: better choose quickly
<Predator> ::gets in Revel's face, growling, and points at the installation:: Nothin' in there, is gonna take me down.
<Kali> What's wrong? ::Frowns slightly.::
<Revel> ::looks at Predator::You think alot of yourself. Good way to get yourself killed. ::turns to Bombshell::So we can either let you go in and kill yourself? Or let you go and not kill yourself? Either way we are one down and the latter save us someone for later.
<Jaxion> Predator, I have something for you to do that's not completely pointless. ::walks ahead of them both, towards the main doors to the installation::
<Static> Lily, Preds..be reasonable. I imagine Jaxion has a plan to get him out of there, without too much of a risk. And quite frankly, I would rather not lose any friends here today..
<Predator> ::glares around, then looks at Jaxion:: I want action.
<Bombshell> and I've done nothing but fail at everything I've ever done to help this team since joining
<Jaxion> You'll get it.
<Bombshell> ::clenches her fists and rushes forward::
<Revel> ::watches Bombshell::And what is this going to do? Rushing in is failing even more!
<Kali> Coward!
<Ned> I'm sorry, Lily.
ACTION> BOMBSHELL FEELS A PAIN COURSE THROUGH HE BODY BEFORE FALLING UNCONSCIOUS
<Bombshell> Ned... how....could you... ::passes out::
<Predator> ::scowls, shaking her head, and eyes Jaxion again:: We could've been in there by now.
<Jaxion> Least part of her has some sense.
<Kali> ::Shakes her head.:: Everyone of us has failed, I know I have all my life, I figure sooner or later I'll do something right.
<Kali> And die?
ACTION> THE DOORS TO THE INSTALLATION OPEN, A FEW MEN WALKING OUT, ARMED WITH WEAPONS.
<Caprice> uh oh...
<Priest> That took long than expected
<Static> ::Grimaces, porting next to Bombshell and picking her up, porting her back towards the Maglev:: Good job, Ned..I really didn't want to be the one to have to do it..at least this way she stays alive..::Sets her down in the Maglev and ports back to the others::
<Caprice> :::runs over to BombShell:::
<Tripstar> ::sees guards:: Uh-oh, here comes our action...
<Kali> ::Glares at the guards, posied for action.::
<Caprice> Good idea, Static
<Revel> ::clenches his fists::<<Are we where they can see us?>>
<Predator> ::heads for the guards, grinning slightly in anticipation of a fight::
<Man> Who are you? This is a restricted area.. ::blinks, seeing Static disappear::
<Priest> ::waits for preds to get shot::
<Kali> ::Glances at Jaxion, then the others.::
<Revel> ::powers up energy in his fists, stretches and solidifies it, creating a shield and flying in front of the group in between them and the guards::We're hear for a friend.
<Jaxion> ::groans, muttering:: Static..
<Revel> <<here even>
<Priest> ::shakes his head:: They'll learn. .eventually. . .I hope
<Static> ::Appears next to Jaxion:: What? ::Sees the guards:: Uh..Oops?
<Kali> Stop it! ::Glares at Revel before flickering her gaze to the gaurds.:: We never been here before, you can't condem us for ingorance.
<Caprice> :::pulls out her whip::: This doesn't look too good..
<Jaxion> ::watches Preds and Revel, glancing back at the others and mouthing "Do nothing."::
<Caprice> :::stops:::
<Tripstar> ::nods slightly to Jaxion::
ACTION> THE GUARDS RAISE THEIR WEAPONS AT THEM, ONLY THREE OF THEM THOUGH
<Predator> ::stops between the group and the guards, holding her stance, ready to attack or dodge at any sign of firing::
<Revel> ((I think I made a mistake...))He wandered onto...Oh shock it. ::releases his energy shield slinging it at the guards::
<Priest> ::mouths back to jaxion "duh"::
<Man> Mutants.. surrender! ::blinks, getting slammed by the shield::
<Revel> And don't you other two try anything either. ::kicks into the air letting lose a blast from his foot as he does it::
<Predator> ::charges at one of the guards, aiming to slash his weapon out of his hands::
<Priest> Umm. .oh, dear lord, mutant. Mutant. ::points at revel and continues unconvencingly:: I had no idea, shoot him. Shoot him.
<Kali> Reverend! ::Watches the other two fight.:: I suppose convicing them of ingroance wouldn't of worked...
<Priest> It was worth a try. ::shrugs::
ACTION> WEAPONS APPEAR OUT OF THE WALLS OF THE ISNTALLATION AND OFF THE ROOF TOP, ALSO GUN TURRETS RISING FROM THE GROUND, ALL COMPLETELY HIDDEN FROM SIGHT BEFORE. BOTH REVEL AND PREDATOR ARE SHOT AND RENDERED UNCONSCIOUS BEFORE EITHER CAN MOVE MORE THAN A FOOT
<Static> Ohh boy..this could be a problem..
<Revel> And no...::Falls down::Here we go again whoo...
<Kali> Needs a bit of work. ::Flaps into the air, spotting the weapons.::Well.. I knew something was bound to happen.
<Tripstar> ::gulps::
<Predator> ::collapses, wondering why her healing factor doesn't seem to help her nearly as much as it used to::
<Jaxion> ::puts his hands up, surrendering, looking back in the air and glaring at Kali:: ((Shockin' don't.))
<Priest> Thank the Creator. . ::sighs and mock wipes sweat from brow:: . .now that those mutants have been defeated we should go. . . ::backs towards the maglev::
<Caprice> ::watches Priest back away::
<Kali> ::Drops back to the ground.:: Damnnit.. wasn't thinking.
<Man> ::gets back up, pointing his weapon back at them:: I said, surrender.
<Static> Uh..::Slowly puts his hands up, muttering to Jaxion;: Want I should port away, or what?
<Caprice> :::slowly raises her hands::::
<Jaxion> No point. ::keeps his hands raised::
<Kali> If it makes you feel better, ::she states to the guards.:: I'm half demon. ::Smiles sweetly.::
ACTION> THE MORLOCKS ARE LEAD INTO THE INSTALLATION, GUNS TRAINED ON THEM CONSTANTLY
<Priest> ::keeps backing away:: You're done your job, good sirs, and we'll take our leave now. .we none-mutants. . .
<Static> ::Blinks, glancing at Kali:: Did..you just say what I think you said?
<Kali> Yes, I'll explain later.
<Priest> You didn't know that? ::glances at static inquizzically::
<Kali> You assumed I was a demon based on my wings, did I ever admit in public to what I am?
<Static> First I've heard of it..
<Jaxion> ::glances back at the others:: Guys... is this really the time to go into origins and such?
<Priest> No, I came to that logical assumption based on my education. .Catholicism isn't the only religion we study in seminary. . .
<Tripstar> ::glances around the installation as they walk through it, trying to remember the important details::
<Guard> ::glances at a group of others:: Go find their transportation, they couldn't have walked here.
<Kali> ::About to open her mouth then closes it.::
<Static> Uh..I ported them, here?
ACTION> THE GUARDS HEAD OUT, HEADING FOR THEIR MAGLEV AS THEY'RE LEAD TOWARDS SOME DETENTION CELLS.
*******SIM END******