*****SIM START*****
LOCATION> HOPE SPRINGS, ARKANSAS
TIME> NIGHT STILL
SCENE> THE GROUP OF MORLOCKS FOLLOW THE TRAIL OF A SMALL GROUP OF VAMPIRES, HEADING AWAY FROM THE CITY INTO THE DEAD FOREST.
<Static> ::Moves ahead, his eyes wary:: Wish we'd brought Predator..would prob'ly be able to track these guys, easier..
<Brood> ::closes his eyes and puts his head down::
<Caprice> :::walks behind the others, looking around:::
<Bombshell> should have guessed they would hire people like this... bloodsuckers hiring bloodsuckers is just too easy to pass up.
<Kali> ::Keeps her eyes on the ground, her head hung, fighting off feelings of depression and anger towards herself.::
<Tripstar> ::looks around for any of the bloodsuckers::
<Jaxion> ::walks in front of the others, looking forward:: This might be a trap, you know..
<Bombshell> ::groans:: could we have one mission where it doesn't look like we're walking into a trap?
<Static> Probably..seems the par of course, by now. ::Ignites his energy blades::
<Brood> ::lifts his head slightly:: I doubt they would go to this extent for a trap... They were after something...
<Kali> It's my fault, really.
<Jaxion> Also doubt the others would wait for this group.. worth a shot though..::continues ahead::
<Static> At the least, we'll be able to kick some vampire butt. ::Grins::
<Kali> They where after a sapling for money, I burnt it so they wouldn't get the money... It was rash and stupid...
<Bombshell> I wouldn't mind a nice vacation myself
<Caprice> hmm..:::looks up at the sky:::
<Static> Be kinda hard to go on vacation, tho'..what with every corp on the planet, wanting us dead..
<Jaxion> Don't worry about it, Kali.. if it wasn't for you then they wouldn't have backed off us..
<Kali> ::Shakes her head.:: Let's hope we find them soon...
<Tripstar> Yeah, they were all over us... ::peeks over his shoulder::
<Ned> I am detecting weapon discharges ahead.
<Bombshell> Always with the good news Ned... ::looks ahead::
<Bombshell> Maybe we can go around it somehow? Atleast get a better look at what's doing it
<Static> We were turning the tide, at least a little..::Glances towards Bombshell and Ned:: Didn't think Vampires needed weapons..
<Caprice> I didn't think so either...:::frowns:::
<Tripstar> Maybe they ran into someone else...
<Kali> They can't be that stupid not to have back up, makes life easier...
<Brood> ::takes out his dagger from its holder and puts it up about 5 inches from Static's nose:: Who says we dont need weapons...
<Bombshell> Easy guy...
<Brood> ::puts the dagger back down and into its case::
<Kali> And threating to harm your allies isn't helping your case very much, no offesne but we have enough wildcards as is...
<Static> ::Ports behind Brood:: You kill other vamps, tho', correct?
<Caprice> :::sighs:::
<Jaxion> ::glances back:: Weapons just make it easier. Anyway.. kinda hard to bite from a distance, dont you think? ::looks ahead, squinting::
<Brood> ::looks to Static:: I do what needs to be done...
<Tripstar> ::looks ahead to see what's happening::
<Bombshell> ::flexes:: Well... while we could argue about if vampires need weapons we probably should keep our eyes peeled
<Static> Wasn't saying you didn't..::Shrugs:: 'Sides..I didn't see any on them..
<Caprice> It's ok..now you know...
ACTION. THEY WALK INTO A SMALL CLEARING, WEAPON FIRE IS EVIDENT ALL AROUND. AS ARE A FEW REMAINS OF THE VAMPIRE GROUP THEY WERE TRACKING
<Brood> They seemed under mind control from someone.. I've never seen vampires with minds and looks that were with such little life... Even for a vampire..
<Jaxion> This is why you didn't see any.. ::looks around, powering up a blast::
<Kali> The mind contorl was simple, it's called money. ::Growls slightly, kicking a corpse and glances around.::
<Tripstar> Well, they were definitely here alright... ::fires up in case anyone's left::
<Static> ::Inspects one of the marks from the weapons fire:: Think their bosses took exception to them not doing the job?
<Brood> Those were NOT out for money... I would know a fellow clan-member...
<Caprice> ::::looks at Brood::::
<Brood> ::puts his hood over his head::
<Brood> Lets keep moving... We can't stay in one spot for too long..
<Kali> Well the head guy apprently claims he killed those people to get the sapling in the city for money. Perhaps his friends are mind contorled but he may not...
<Static> ::Glances at Brood:: Take it that means you're a Merc..::Glances around, his eyes looking for any trail they might have left::
<Brood> ::looks at static:: I guess you could call it that..
<Static> You don't mind me asking..if you're a Merc..then why were you at Hope Springs? I mean..who hired you? The town? ::Keeps looking for tracks::
ACTION> TWO METAL STAVES STAB INTO THE GROUND JUST IN FRONT OF THEM, THROWN FROM BEHIND
<Kali> Are you fighting your own clan-?::Spins around slightly.::
<Static> Riight..looks like they decided to stick around, after all. ::Spins around::
<Caprice> :::turns around quickly:::
<Tripstar> ::looks at staves:: What the... ::looks for source of attack::
<Brood> Nobody Hired me... I heard of the killings, and decided to check it out.. ::loioks at the staves:: Uhm..
<Bombshell> I'm guessing we don't touch them
<Bombshell> ::looks up::
ACTION> BEHIND THEM IS A MAN, AIMING TWO GUNS AT THEM. HIS BODY IS BADLY BEATEN AND HE LOOKS TO BARELY BE STANDING
<Brood> ::hisses and unsheathes his dagger::
<Jaxion> Man> ::weakly:: Murderers.. don't.. move..
<Bombshell> Ummm
<Brood> Murderers...? Hardly..
<Static> ::Blinks at the guy:: Us? Uhm, whoever you are, I think you've made a slight mistake..
<Kali> ::Rasies her hands.:: We did not kill anyone, what do you mean by killers?
<Tripstar> You've got the wrong group, mister. And who are you anyway?
<Man> Shut up! ::hits a switch on the side of his guns with his thumbs::
ACTION> BEAMS OF ENERGY SHOOTS OUT FROM THE STAVES BEHIND THEM, CURVING IN THE AIR TO HIT EACH ONE OF THEM. THE ENERGY COURSES THROUGH THEIR BODIES PAINFULLY, RENDERING THEM ALL BARELY ABLE TO MOVE.
<Bombshell> ::grinds her teeth in pain::
<Kali> ::Cries in pain, glaring at the man.:: What do you mean by killers? The vampire killers or the ones who killed the woods?
<Tripstar> Argh! ::grimaces::
<Static> Agh!! ::Tries to focus through the pain and port to the man::
<Jaxion> Agg! ::falls to the ground, unable to get back up::
ACTION> STATIC FALLS TOT HE GROUND, UNABLE TO PORT
<Caprice> :::closes her eyes and clenches her teeth:::
<Static> ::Grimaces in pain:: Shock..can't move..
<Caprice> :::tries to concentrate on moving:::
<Man> ::stumbles forward, aiming his guns down at them:: B-bastards.. you killed them all..
<Kali> Who did we kill... explain our sins to us? Now. ::Calmly gazes at the man.::
<Static> Didn't kill..anyone..Not..a vampire..::Struggles to try and get to his feet::
<Man> Liar! I heard.. ::waves a gun at Brood::
<Bombshell> Listen, we're not here to hurt you ::shows him her teeth:: See? No Fangs
<Kali> He was talking about something else. We can help you, just calm down. We had no reason to hurt you or anyone that dosen't bother us...
<Jaxion> ::teeth clenched in pain:: Guys.. i'm not thinking this guy is in the right frame of mind to reason with..
<Kali> Screaming at the guy isn't going to help us...
<Static> ::Grits his teeth, still trying to get up:: Well, what do you suggest we do, then?
<Man> No! You killed all of them! ::guns audibly power up, about to fire on them::
<Jaxion> ...panic.. ::groans::
<Bombshell> no time for this.. ::tries to move quick enough to knock the gun out of the man's hands::
<Caprice> ::::closes her eyes, hoping the guy will at least fall over dead::::
<Kali> ::Tries to raise the heat level of the man's gun.::
<Static> ::Tries to raise his hand and reach out with his energy blade, hoping to somehow dirupt at least one of the guns::
<Tripstar> ::tries to flash brightly and blind the man::
ACTION> BOMBSHELL CAN'T MOVE AT ALL. A DARK FIGURE DROPS DOWN BEHIND THE MAN REACHING OUT AND GRABBING HIM, CAUSING HIM TO DROP HIS TWO GUNS
<Man> Gack! Noo! ::struggles weakly::
<Caprice> :::hears the guns thud against the ground and opens her eyes:::
<Static> Who..? ::Tries to stand now, hoping that dropping the guns disrupted the beams::
<Tripstar> ::tries to pick out the dark figure::
ACTION> KALI CATCHES A GLIMPSE OF METALLIC FANGS, AS DOES TRIPSTAR, BEFORE THE MAN'S NECK IS SNAPPED AND HE IS DROPPED TO THE GROUND
<Kali> ::Eyes widen slightly but regains stern gaze a second later.::
<rey> ::grins, bearing his metallic fangs and kicking the corpse of the man away from him:: Well.. what an interesting predicament we have here.
<Kali> You... ::Glares at him, trying to will her body to move.::
<Static> ::Tries to work up the strength to slash at the guns:: Murderer..!
<Trey> ::glances down at the man he just killed:: That was the last survivor there. Guess I'm done. ::walks between them, over two the staves in the ground, reaching down and pulling them out:: Oooh.. grenazers. Hunh.. nonlethal.. how boring..
ACTION> STATIC IS STILL UNABLE TO MOVE, AS ARE THE OTHERS
<Kali> Pity it's not up to your standards.
<Trey> ::moves over Kali, pressing the sharp end of the grenazer against her back, not enough to pierce her skin, just so it hurts:: I should kill you all right now. I know who you are, Morlocks..
<Static> Oh? And what's stopping you? ::Keeps trying to move::
<Kali> ::Gasps in pain.:: But you'd rather have the bounty?
<Bombshell> no offense... but who doesn't know who we are?
<Trey> Oh.. the bounty is for dead or alive. ::grins:: It's just not in my contract... yet. I might just ask for the assignment.. if they don't give it to Venture. pulls the stave away, standing back up::
<Kali> Lucky him... ::Glances at the others.::
<Static> Venture..? ::Squints at Trey, still trying to get up::
<Tripstar> ::struggles:: What contract would that be, and with who?
<Trey> However... ::turns his back to her:: You did probably cost me my Christmas bonus.. ::walks over to Static:: And I would like an apology. ::pushes a foot on the back of Static's head, forcing him face first into the ground where he can't breath::
<Kali> Leave them out of this.... ::Chews her lip.:: I'm sorry.
<Static> Urk. ::Tries to move his arm to slash Trey's leg::
ACTION> STATIC'S ARMS STILL FEEL LIKE THEY WAY A TON AND HE ACCIDENTLY INHALES SOME DIRT
<Trey> Hmm.. I don't think that sounded very sincere. What about you? ::looks down at Static;; Oops.. forgot yu can't talk now.
<Static> ::Gags:: ((Once I can move..I swear I'm gonna kill this bloodsucker..))
<Kali> I'm very sorry!
<Tripstar> What's your problem with us, bloodsucker?
<Kali> I burnt his Christmas Bonus...
<Trey> ::smiles sinsterly:; I accept your apology. But it's a shame you didn't get it right the first time.
ACTION> STATIC'S BODY GOES TOTALLY LIMP
<Bombshell> all right... so are you just going to talk us to death then?
<Trey> ::picks his foot up off the back of his head:: No, I've met my death quota for today. And I think you the effects of the grenazer should be wearing off in a moment so I'll be taking my leave now. ::walks off into the forest;; Though I will finish this... when the price is right.
ACTION> TREY DISAPPEARS INTO THE DEAD FOREST WITHOUT A TRACE AS THEY ALL FEEL THE GRENAZER'S EFFECTS WEARING OFF AS HE SAID
<Bombshell> I'm sick of that helpless feeling.
<Kali> ::Shakes herself off.:: Agreed...
<Jaxion> ::groans, crawling over to Static and pulling his head out of the ground:: That's not all.. he's dead.
<Caprice> :::gets up, slowly, frowning:::
<Kali> What? No way! He can't be! He wasn't suffocating that long!
<Tripstar> ::starts to get up:: But... are you sure? ::goes over to Static to check on him::
<Caprice> Isn't he immortal or something...? :::blinks:::
<Trey> Jaxion> ::lays his head back down:: Looks like he inhaled too much dirt..
<Bombshell> ::sighs::
ACTION> TRIPSTAR COMES TO THE SAME CONCLUSION, STATIC'S DEAD
<Static> ::Sits up gasping for air and choking up dirt:: Gah!
<Caprice> :::jumps back and blinks:::
<Jaxion> ::blinks and quickly gets to his feet:: Would you quit that?! If you die, stay the shock dead!
<Kali> ::Blinks too.:: Humph...
<Static> ::Blinks, trying to catch his breath:: I was dead again? Shock, I thought I just lost consciousness..where's that son of a glitch?
<Tripstar> He went off into the forest...
<Static> ::Stands up quickly, turning towards the forest:: Yet another person added to my Payback list..
<Jaxion> Gone... and we should be too before he comes back, all expenses paid. ::starts heading back towards Hope Springs::
<Static> I hope he does come back..::Mutters:: I REALLY don't like getting "killed"..
<Kali> ::Sighs, wandering towards the town.:: At the least we get to enough the vampire's face of shock seeing you back again.
<Static> I'm more interested in the look on his face, when I stake him..
ACTION> NEARING HOPE SPRINGS AGAIN, THEY SEE ONE OF THE WALLS PARTIALLY DEMOLISHED AND SMOKE RISING FROM THE INSIDE
<Tripstar> ::sees damage:: uh-oh... looks like we weren't the only ones who ran into someone...
<Kali> Oh no...
<Static> Terrific..::Tries porting into the city::
<Jaxion> ::runs towards the door::
<Kali> ::Glances at the others left behind.:: I wonder if we'll ever get an happy ending at times...::Runs towards the town.::
ACTION> THEY FIND SOME THE OTHER MORLOCKS SPRAWLED OUT ON THE GROUND INSIDE THE CITY. NONE DEAD OR APPEARING TO BE BADLY INJURED
<Caprice> :::frowns::: This doesn't look good..
<Static> ::Eyes dart around, looking for their apparent attackers::
ACTION> WHOEVER THEIR ATTACKERS WERE SEEM TO BE GONE
<Jaxion> ::looks around as he walks:: We're missing someone..
<Caprice> :::looks around:::...
<Static> ::Glances at the unconscious people, mentally doing a check on them, in his head::
<Jaxion> ::stops, realizing who it is:: Powerslam...
******SIM END*******