*******PRELUDE******
LOCATION> CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
TIME> EARLY EVENING OF THE SAME DAY
SCENE> THE MARAUDERS WALK OUT ONTO THE PRIVATE LANDING PAD TOWARDS THEIR CRAFT. VARIOUS ARMED GUARDS SPREAD OUT AT THEIR USUAL POSTS, PAYING THEM NO ATTENTION. AS THEY NEAR THE CRAFT, A DOOR REVEALS ITSELF, SLIDING OPEN FOR THEM AS THEY WALK IN.
<Cyclops> ::walks inside, followed by the rest of his team:: Warp, punch deck into the citywide network and watch search for any readings on Powerslam's or Maverick's energy signatures.
<Warp> ::takes a seat, grabbing and slipping on a headpiece with a visor:: The surveillance doesn't cover all of the slum area, but they can't get out of the city without moving out into range.
<Jaxion> Cyclops> Good. Shred, take pilot position and prepare to scout out the areas unreachable by the city surveillance. Haze will keep an eye on the sensor readouts.
<JShred> ::nods, walking towards the head of the craft, his razor rings hovering loosely all around his body::
<Haze> ::rolls her eyes and follows after Shred::
<Slyth> ::resting his axe on his shoulder, smirking at Haze:: Always get the exciting jobs, huh?
<Haze> ::sneers at him in passing:: Yeah, keep the grunt work to bitheads like you.
<Cyclops> ::talking to no one in particular:: Open priority channel to Genesis.
ACTION> AFTER A MOMENT, A HOLOGRAPHIC PROJECTION OF GENESIS SITTING IN A LARGE, THRONE-LIKE SEAT APPEARS IN FRONT OF CYCLOPS.
<Genesis> ::stares at Cyclops for a moment:: Report.
<Cyclops> Sir, we engaged the Morlocks earlier... ::goes silent::
<Genesis> ...and?
<Cyclops> Before we were able to finish them, they were assist by an unknown group who managed to take them away. We have yet to locate them again, but we are closing in.
<Genesis> What is your location now?
<Cyclops> Chicago.
<Genesis> ::blinks, looking more angry:: You assault the Morlocks in Chicago?
<Cyclops> ::nods:: Yes, sir. As I said, we al-
<Genesis> Shut up. I want you to pull out of Chicago immediately and return to base.
<Cyclops> ::blinks:: B-b-but.. why?
<Genesis> I will not have your incompetance causing a conflict with Herod. I can not afford that. Leave, now.
<Cyclops> Yes, sir.
********SIM START*******
LOCATION> CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
TIME> NEXT DAY, LATE AFTERNOON
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS SLOWLY BEGIN TO WAKE UP, FINDING THEMSELVES IN COMFORTABLE BEDS. THE LARGE ROOM IS DIMLY LIT BY A SMALL WINDOW HIGH UP ON ONE OF THE WALLS. ALL OF THEM ARE GARBED IN NEW, CLEANER CLOTHING AND FEEL IN THE BEST HEALTH THEY HAVE BEEN IN FOR AWHILE, HAVING NO SIGNS OF THE, FOR MOST, MORTAL WOUNDS THEY HAD ONLY THE PREVIOUS DAY.
<Powerslam> ::glances up blinks then goes back to bed after a yawn::
<Tripstar> ::yawns then looks around:: Wh.. what happened?
<Predator> ::mumbles sleepily, rolling over and pulling her pillow over her head::
<Kali> ::Opens her eyes slowly, facing a wall and timidly streches out the shattered wing.::
<Jaxion> ::sits up in his bed, blinking a few times and looking around:: Umm...
<Tripstar> ::sits up:: We're not dead... wow!
<Predator> ::mumblewhiney tone, mutters, then sits up suddenly, hair all messed up, looking disoriented::
<Powerslam> ::grabs his pillow and throws it at Trip, mumbling::
<Jaxion> Yeah.. but.. ::Gets interrupted by a yawn:: .. why not?
<Tripstar> ::gets smacked:: Ouch. Thanks.
<Predator> ::gets out of her bed, dropping to the floor warily, then walking quickly toward the door/whatever::
<Kali> ::Sits up slowly, glancing around quietly.::
<Jaxion> ::glances at Predator:: Where are you going?
<Powerslam> ::sits up and looks at Preds and starts laughing:: Furball... is... a furball!
<Predator> ...::stalks towards Powerslam, claws gleaming::
<Tripstar> ::glances around room:: Is everybody here?
<Powerslam> Oooh, I'm so scared... ::forms an energy sphere... or tries to::
<Kali> No...
<Jaxion> ::looks around again, sliding out of the bed:: Half the group isn't here.. ::rubs his head:: don't remember what happened..
<Predator> ::growls at Slam, glaring::
<Tripstar> ::gets out of bed and looks at his clothes:: Wow, new threads. Jagged.
<Powerslam> ::disperses the energy sphere and turns away from Preds, looking at Jax:: Yeah... <Predator> ::thwacks Slam solidly with a pillow::
<Predator> ::walks back toward the door::
<Priest> ::opens one eye experimentally and groans:: What. . .happened? ::sits up slowly:: Head. . .feels like it did the morning after. . .nevermind
<Kali> ::Cuddles back down into the bed.:: Give me five more mintunes...
<Powerslam> ::blinks then looks at Preds:: What's her problem? ::shrugs:: Probably can't remember that it was all me in the battle. ::beams to himself::
<Predator> ::looks out into the hall, sniffing the air::
ACTION> PREDATOR ALMOST BUMPS INTO A STRANGE MAN WALKS THROUGH. HIS SKIN IS DARK AND LEATHERY WITH LARGE WINGS ON HIS BACK. iN HIS CLAWED HANDS HE IS CARRYING A TRAY WITH GLASSES OF WATER ON IT
<Predator> ::blinks:: Hey. Batgirl. This your longlost brother?
<Predator> ::snags a glass of water::
<Archangel> Ahh.. ::smiles slightly, revealing fangs:: Are you all awake? ::peeks into the room:: Ah good..::walks in::
<Tripstar> ::sees guy"" Um.. hi.
<Priest> ::blinks:: Where are we?
<Kali> ::Glances at the man.:: No, he's not. ::Nods slightly before cruling back to sleep.::
<Predator> ::chugs the glass and reaches for another::
<Archangel> ::sets the tray down on a table by the door, moving out of Predator's way:: In Chicago still. Not too far from where you were attacked.
<Powerslam> ::looks at the man, quirking a brow:: ((Must be a relative of one of Rev's dates...)) ::walks over after standing up and gets some water::
<Jaxion> ::grabs a glasses of water himself, and then another, taking it over to Kali:: Come on.. wake up.
<Tripstar> ::gets some water and drinks some:: That's good... thanks, mister,,,
<Kali> ::Grumbles under her breath.:: Figures it wouldn't last forever. ::Sits up and takes the class of water.:: Thank you.
<Jaxion> Archangel> ::looks around at them all:: You are all feeling better, I assume?
<Kali> ::Glances at the man.:: How long have we been out and if it hasn't been that very long, how come we're healed let alone not dead.
<Powerslam> ::drinks his water::
<Archangel> ::looks at kali and smiles:: Since yesterday, and you owe the recovery to Rapture. You'll meet her soon.
<Kali> Yesterday...? ::Almost drops the water.:: I suppose so...
<Predator> ::prowls around the edges of the room, eyeing Archangel::
<Archangel> Yes many of you passed out on the trip here or were already unconscious. ::watches Predator out of the corner of his eye, eventually glancing over at her:: Is something wrong?
<Predator> ::smiles sweetly and innocuously::
<Kali> Not to be a big bother but where are the others?
<Archangel> In the other room, some still need to be healed. I will take you to them. ::walks out of the room, motioning for them to follow::
<Jaxion> ::finishes his water, following after him and setting his glass down on the table in passing::
<Tripstar> ::follows him::
<Predator> ::sets down both her glasses and follows them out::
<Kali> ::Pulls herself out of the bed and follows the group.::
<Powerslam> ::sets his empty glass and follows everybody else:: ((These clothes're very comfortable... better than those scratchy ones I bought... wherever that was...))
<Archangel> ::walks down the hall for a little while, stopping and opening a door, looking back at them:: This is where Rapture is healing some of your friends. Please try not to distract her, it is quite a strain for her to heal all of you.
<Priest> Who are you again? ::vacant just waking up from a really bad dream look::
<Archangel> ::nods to Priest:: I am called Archangel.
<Jaxion> ::slowly walks into the room, looking around::
<Powerslam> ::snickers softly to himself, mumbling:: The Rev gets saved by an ex-angel
<Priest> ::raises a brow ever so slightly:: . . .fitting name.
ACTION> INSIDE THE ROOM IS A SERIES OF BENCHES, AN INJURED MORLOCK LAYING ON EACH. A WOMAN WRAPPED IN SILKY ROBES IS IN THE ROOM WITH THEM WITH A TIRED LOOK ON HER FACE.
<Kali> ::Glances inside the room.:: ....
<Tripstar> ::peeks on trying not to disturb her:: So, Archangel... do you guys always go around saving people? Not that I'm complaining.
<Predator> Archangel. ::grunts:: ((delusional savior types))
ACTION> A FEW BENCHES ARE OFF TO THE SIDE, EACH HAVING A MORLOCK LAYING ON IT. SPECIFICALLY, STATIC, MYREA, AND THE EMPTY METAL SHELL OF TACTILE
<Powerslam> ::stays off to the side, watching the woman::
<Predator> ::walks over to the side benches, prodding tactile's shell with a claw-tip::
<Priest> ::blinks:: Now, I. . .remember. ::frowns::
<Kali> ::Presses her lips together, covering a hand over her mouth.::
<Archangel> Myself and the rest of the Coven do our best to protect and save who we can in this part of the city. You were we were able to find you and your attackers in time.
<Rapture> ::kneeling down by Maverick's form, her hands glowing over his body::
<Predator> ::expression unchanging, moves on to Myrea, picking up a wrist to check for pulse::
ACTION> TACTILE'S SHELL CRACKES AND CRUMBLES WHERE PREDATOR TOUCHED IT. MYREA HAS NO PULSE.
<Predator> ::moves on to Static, sniffing the air lightly::
ACTION> STATIC'S BODY IS THE SAME, NO SIGNS OF LIFE
<Predator> ::turns around and walks quietly out of the room::
<Priest> Archangel, no matter how remarkable your healer may be, no one escapes the final calling. . .
<Static> ::Groans and suddenly sits up, blinking:: Ow ow ow..that son of a glitch..::Glances around, then looks down towards his wound::
<Archangel> ::almost answers Priest, blinks, and looks over at Static::
<Powerslam> ::eyes Priest:: Hey Rev, how come you're not in this band of merry men?
<Powerslam> And women.
<Priest> Of course, I could be wrong. . .
<Predator> ::blinks, stopping at the door and looks back:: What the hell?
<Kali> ::Glances over at Static, her expression unchanging but a little gasp escapes her throat.::
<Priest> ::gives slam a questioning look::
<Saint> ::appears in the room in a blur of motion which passed through one of the walls:: Is everyth-::Blinks and points at Static:: He's supposed to be dead.
<Predator> ((That's some healing factor...))
<Static> ::Looks around at the others:: Huh? What? ::Scratches his head:: Uhm..I feel surprisingly fine. Where are we and what the shock is going on? Where's that goon with the visor and his friends?
<Jaxion> Well.. ::watches Static strangely:: They left after they killed you.
ACTION> THE STONE FLOOR BEHIND PRIEST RISES UP, TAKING A LARGE HUMAN SHAPE
<Static> ..Say what? ::Looks down for a wound:: I don't FEEL dead...
<Predator> You smelled dead.
<Priest> ::not surprised in the least:: How many more do you count among your number, Archangel?
<Rune> Nice to see you up and about again. ::blinks at Static and points to him, looking at Saint quiestioningly::
<Saint> ::shrugs::
<Static> Well, excuse me..it's not like the rest of you have smelled like daisies, lately. ::Stands::
<Archangel> There are two others, Sacrement and Crusade. They are out right now though.
<Predator> ::looks at Archangel funny:: ((Why does everything sound familiar, these days?))
<Archangel> ::points to the large stone man and the younger man in the room:: And this is Rune and Saint.
<Static> So, where are we, anyways? ::Notices the Coven members introducing themselves:: Since we're not tied up or restrained or anything, I'm assuming you're good guys.
<Priest> You miss a lot when you. . .die
<Kali> ::Nods slightly to the two men.::
<JArchangel> ::sighs slightly and looks at them all:: I am sorry that we could not save all of your number. Some of those yet to be healed are still questionable as well. Perhaps we should leave and allow Rapture to do her work. ::backs out of the room::
<Archangel> ::walks down the hall, motioning for them to follow:: You are all in an once abandoned church, which now serves as our home.
<Static> ::Glances around him, noting the dead bodies and blinks, frowning, then spots the injured and glances over:: Are they gonna be alright..? ::Glances towards the others, then starts to follow them::
<Predator> ...::dark look:: Where's the door? I don't belong in a church.
<Kali> Really? ::Glances up at the ceiling.::
<Kali> Well, I suppose I'm not all that evil Priest, I haven't burned into an ash on holy ground yet...
<Priest> ::looks around silently:: . . .
<Archangel> It may no longer look like it on the inside, or the outside for that matter. But it used to be one. ::glances at Predator:: You belong here as long as our invitation to you lasts, which lasts as long as you all need to recover.
<Predator> I recovered. ::looks for an exit::
<Static> ::Frowns, thinking to himself, as he moves to catch up to Archangel:: Archangel, right? Uhm..I have to ask. Was I really dead? I mean, are you sure there wasn't some mistake..?
<Archangel> ::turns to Static, pointing to the hole burned into the front of his shirt, them motioning to the one burned directly in the back:: Yes, we were sure.
<Jaxion> ::glances over at Predator:: There's no place else to go anyway, Predator. Just deal with it..
<Predator> ::grumbles under her breath, shoving her hands in her pockets::
<Static> ::Looks over his shoulder at the back, wincing:: Great..::Frowns and drops back, a little, trying to analyze his situation::
<Kali> Don't blame an inamate object for something men use as a excuse for being cruel... ::Glances around a bit more.::
<Archangel> ::continues walking:: We have not seen your attackers in the area yet, and they did not pursue. They may have given up.
<Predator> ::glances at Kali:: ((not what i meant... ))
<Kali> I doubt it...
<Static> ::Frowns as he walks, having stopped paying attention to the others::
<Kali> ::Realizes her soical blunder slightly hangs her head.:: ((Stupid, you don't talk about this sort of stuff...)) If Genesis is really after us, he won't stop for anything.
<Jaxion> Think Kali is right.. thanks for your hospitality but as soon as the rest are healed I think we should just go. No reason we should put you in anymore danger.
<Predator> ::mumbles under her breath:: don't belong here...
<Static> ::Talks quietly:: You know..this is kinda weird. I guess I just have some type of healing factor..right? ::Frowns:: Never healed very fast, before..
<Predator> Healing factor... shouldn't work if you're dead.
<Predator> ((of course... what would I know?))
<Static> ::Shrugs, slightly:: Well..that's the best explanation I can come up with, right now..
<Archangel> ::nods:: I understand your situation. When you leave Chicago you should probably go south. The towns get smaller and whoever is after you all should have a more difficult time of pursuing..
<Kali> Warmer the better...
<Predator> Small towns remember strangers ::suspicious look:: Easier to follow someone.
<Archangel> They are also mistrusting, so it would be better than larger cities with the citynet tracking your every movement
<Predator> Cityn.. ::trails off and tries to look like she knows what that means::
<Kali> Whatever we do, let's make the desion when EVERYONE is feeling better... who's still alive that is..
<Archangel> Of course.. until then you may rest here. If you hunger just ask. ::leads them into a large room with various chairs and couches:: Please, take a seat
<Kali> ::Sits down quietly.::
<Jaxion> ::walk in after him, looking around and taking a seat, fidgeting slightly::
<Predator> ::sits down on a couch, relaxing a little::
<Static> ::Enters the room and plops on a couch::
<Archangel> ::nods to them all:: I will go see how Rapture fairs now. I will return to keep you all updated. ::nods again, flapping his wings once and walking back the way they came::
*********SIM END*******