*******SIM START*******
SCENE> JAXION HAS ARRIVED AT THE ISLAND RESEARCH FACILITY WITH ECHO, TRIPSTAR, AND XENO. IT IS TRASHED AND LOOKS AS IF A POWERFUL BEAST TORE ITS WAY THROUGH. NO BODIES HAVE TURNED UP YET, BUT EVERY NOW AND THEN, XENO FINDS A PILE OF UNIDENTIFIABLE ORGANIC REMAINS, GAMMA IRRADIATED.

<Xeno> ::eyes a little pile, in his new cool armour thing:: another one...
<Tripstar> ::looks around:: What the shock happened here?
<Jaxion> ::steps over a metal girder that looks as if it was ripped out of the wall:: Shock.. we can let the damage control teams come in until we find what's going on here..
<Echo`> ::looks at a piles of remains:: I would point out that if it keps losing...whatever these stuff is..::nudges some remains with his foot:: ..then it will probably be comepletely fallen part soon.
<Xeno> ::keeps walking forward, scanning the area for some sort of life sign::
<Echo`> ::listens around for anything...odd::
ACTION> ECHO CAN HEAR A COUPLE HEARTBEATS UP AHEAD.
<Echo`> I'm hearing heartbeats. ::points:: Though I'm not entirely sure what of.
<Jaxion> Survivors, hopefully.. ::walks ahead::
<Tripstar> ::walks ahead:: Maybe they can shed some light on who or what did this...
ACTION> THEY ENTER WHAT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN THE MAIN RESEARCH LABORATORY. THERE THEY FIND WHO THEY RECOGNIZE FROM A QUICK BRIEFING AS DR. ZINN AND AN UNKNOWN GREEN WOMAN, BOTH UNCONSCIOUS ON THE FLOOR.
<Xeno> ::quickly goes towards the two unconsious people and looks down at them, looking for injuries for when they need to move them::
<Echo`> ::looks blankly at the people:: (( Do I pity them? I imagine this came of their own volition))
ACTION> THE TWO PEOPLE GROAN AND START TO AWAKEN.
<Cyanna> ::rubs her eyes, and moans faintly::
<Tripstar> ::moves toward the people:: Are you alright? What happened here?
<Echo`> ::holds back from saying anything, just watches::
<DrZinn> ::opens his eyes, trying to get to his feet and looking at where the containment field was:: the virus.. where is it?
<Cyanna> ::slowly stands up, her vision refocusing as she looks at Dr. Zinn::
<Jaxion> We've been sent from the.. company.. to find out what happened here. ::helps Zinn to his feet, looking from him to Cyanna:: Just what were you people workong on here?
<Echo`> Virus? ::looks oddly at Zinn::
<Xeno> Virus? What Virus?
<Tripstar> What kind of virus would cause this much damage?
<Cyanna> ::turns her gaze to Jaxion, as she tries to shake off the wooziness:: It's a sentient virus, we believe.
<Jaxion> We've been detecting some traces of gamma radiation around..
<DrZinn> Yes, yes.. ::rubs his throat:: The virus seems to react to gamma radiation, we've been using that to find out more about it's origins..
ACTION> ECHO SUDDENLY HEARS HEAVY FOOTSTEPS, AND A HEART BEATING AN AN UNUSUAL RATE.
<Xeno> and you were not ready for it to break free?
<Echo`> (( Which means, unless it gives off gamma rad, then they were irradiating it and this is, of course, their fault)) ::stops, blinks:: Sorry to interupt, but I'm hearing footsteps and an odd pulse. ::looks at Zinn:: Anyone you know?
<DrZinn> I.. ::suddenly gives Cyanna an odd look::
ACTION> A HOLE IS SUDDENLY RIPPED INTO ONE OF THE METAL WALLS AS IF IT WERE PAPER, ALLOWING FOR THE ENTRANCE OF WHAT LOOKS TO HAV EONCE BEEN A MAN. NOW DISFIGURED BY AN INHUMANLY BULGING MUSCULATOR AND CLAWS.
<Cyanna> ::feels his gaze upon her, and looks at him oddly:: What is it Doc- ::whirls around and falls onto the ground:: What the hell is that?!
<Xeno> ::turns towards the hole and arms his weapons as he sees the inhuman thing::
<Echo`> ((Thooooor)) Reasoning with it is out, I suppose? ::backs away::
<Jaxion> What.. the shock.. is that? ::takes a step away from it::
ACTION> THE CREATURE ROARS AND RUSHES AT THEM, HEAVY MACHINERY IS FLUNG FROM ITS PATH EFFORTLESSLY.
<Tripstar> ::turns toward the creature:: What the - ::tries to get out of its way as it charges::
<Xeno> ::aims and fires a few force blasts at the oncoming creature::
<Cyanna> ::backs away as quickly as she can::
<Echo`> ::sends a sonic blast at its head:: ((Doubt this will hurt it, but perhaps stun or confuse it))
ACTION> THE CREATURE BARELY SLOWS DOWN FROM THE BLASTS, BUT THEY DO GET ITS ATTENTION AS IT SWINGS BOTH FISTS DOWN AT XENO.
<Xeno> ::tries to get under the creatures fists and smack it in the head with his own::
<Echo`> ::jumps back at sends pulse at it from the side:: ((...or piss it off even more))
ACTION> XENO'S BLOW DOESN'T SEEM TO MAKE THE CREATURE FLINCH MUCH. BUT THEN IT BEGINS TO GLOW.
<Xeno> ::quickly jumps backwards, using his boosters to jump further away::
<Cyanna> Dr Zinn, what is that thing?
<Echo`> ::yells to Zinn:: Do you happen to have anything that might help us? ::sends blast at its legs::
<DrZinn> I.. I believe it is someone infected by the virus!
ACTION> AS THE CREATURE GLOWS, IT'S BODY BEGINS TO FALL APART, MELTING INTO A SIMILAR PILE OF ORGANIC REMAINS THAT THEY HAVE BEEN FINDING ALL OVER THE PLACE.
<Echo`> (( So this is your fault then? Figures...)) Well, ho- ::blinks::
<Tripstar> ::flies up out of the creature's reach:: ((Can't try to attack it, too close to...)) ::sees it fall apart:: What the shock?
<Xeno> well... thats what those organic piles were...
<Echo`> Workers at the lab? ::looks at Zinn with a semi-disgusted look:: ...but it seems to have spared the both of you.
<DrZinn> ::stares down at the organic remains:: I had no idea the gamma virus was capable of this...
<Cyanna> ... ::gives DrZinn an almost dirty look:: Why were you looking at me like that?
ACTION> A GREEN MIST SIFTS THROUGH THE AIR OUT OF WHAT'S LEFT OF THE CREATURE AND HEADS DIRECTLY INTO DR. ZINN, WHO TRANSFORMS INTO THE SAME SUCH CREATURE.
<GammaVirus> Rarh! Strongest!::roars out in anger, swatting Xeno with a swing of its large hand:: STRONGEST THERE IS!
*******ELSEWHERE*******
LOCATION> IVORY TOWER, MADRID, SPAIN.
SCENE> HAVING AWOKEN TO FIND SOME OF THE OTHERS GONE, KALI, FLUC, KATANA, AND STATIC ENTER MALCOLM'S OFFICE TO FIND OUT WHY AFTER BEING UNABLE TO FIND POWERSLAM AS WELL.

<Malcolm> ::looks up as they enter curiously, sitting behind his desk:: Good morning.
<Kali> Good morning... where are some of members in our group...?
<Katana> we are missing some people, yes?
<Malcolm> Oh.. There was an accident at one of our research facilities during the night. Jaxion took Xeno, Tripstar, and Se.. erm.. Echo to investigate.
<Static> ::Walks over towards Malcolm's desk, raising an eyebrow:: I see. How come we all didn't go?
<Katana> What sort of accident? ::looks around:: and where's our esteemed leader?
<Kali> If it's that dangerous, it doesn't make sense if everyone goes.
<Kali> Someone needs to stay behind, in case...
<Kali> Just in case.
<Static> Yeah..but just those four..kinda small group..what if they run into something really shocking nasty? ::Frowns::
<Malcolm> Well, it was Jaxion's decision on who to take. And Kevin left this morning to attend some meetings in the states.
<Katana> so.. what should we be doing?
<Kali> Then we'll be contacted. ::Her voice becomes a bit snippy.:: I don't... ah... ::Falls into silence.::
ACTION> KATANA FEELS A STRANGE TINGLE COURSE THROUGH HER BODY.
<Katana> ::shivers:: ...
<Kali> As Katana said, is there anything we can do?
<Katana> ::glances at the others:: what was that?
<Kali> Pardon?
<Katana> ::rubs the bridge of her nose:: nothing.. probably just my stomach telling me I need to eat soon...
<Malcolm> Not until Jaxion comes back. ::glances at Katana:: What was what?
ACTION> KATANA FIELD SUDDENLY ACTIVATES AND GOES OUT OF CONTROL, KNOCKING THOSE NEAR HER AWAY.
<Kali> I see... What-::Stumbles as the field knocks into her.:: Katana?
<Katana> ... ::struggles to gain control:: not again! ::clenches her fists::
<Katana> get back! I can't controll it!
<Static> ::Blinks, stumbling back and crashing into a chair:: What the shock..? ::Looks towards Katana::
ACTION> VERTICAL SPIKES FORM FROM HER FIELD. FIRST STABBING INTO THE FLOOR AND LIFTING HER UP A FEW FEET AND OTHERS DRIVING THEMSELVES INTO THE CEILING. THE OTHERS LOOK ON AS SHE IS SUSPENDED THERE WITHIN HER FIELD, UNCONSCIOUS.
<Katana> what do y.. ::closes her eyes and passes out::
<Kali> ... ::Looks about the room.::
<Static> ::Stares for a minute, blinking:: ...Well..shock..that can't be a good thing..
<Kali> No...
*******INTERLUDE*******
SCENE> A HOPE CONGLOMERATE TECHNICIAN'S UNIFORM IS CRUMPLED ON THE FLOOR OF A BEDROOM. NEARBY, A MAN THE MORLOCKS HAVE COME TO KNOW AS GAMBIT STANDS BY A MONITOR, TALKING TO SOMEONE.

<Voice> I see you've done your job.
<Gambit> 'ey. You pay de price, you get results. You t'ink dat was sumthin'? Dat was nuthin'.
<Voice> Excellent, because that was just the warm up. I'll be calling again soon. Be ready.
<Gambit> Always am. ::grins:: You jus' make sure you meet de right price.
*******INTERLUDE END*******
SCENE> XENO LAYS SPRAWLED OUT DOWN THE CORRDIOR FROM THE LAB, THE FLOOR TORN UP IN THE TRAIL THAT HE SKIDDED ALONG. HIS FORCE FIELD HAS OVERLOADED AND CHESTPLATE FEELS AS THOUGH IT ALMOST SHATTERED. ALL FROM A SINGLE BLOW FROM THE CREATURE, THAT TURNS ITS ATTENTION TO THE OTHERS.

<Xeno> ugh... ::attemps to pull himself up:: thats... not good...
<Creature> ::hisses, swinging its claw at Jaxion's head::
<Jaxion> Shock! ::drops to the floor, rolling away from it::
<Tripstar> ::flies up out of the way, looking toward Xeno:: ((That thing packs quite a punch...))
ACTION> XENO FINDS HIMSELF ABLE TO MOVE, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE HE WON'T BE ANYMORE GOOD IN THE FIGHT.
<Cyanna> Dr. Zinn?! ::walks slowly towards him:: It's Cyanna..
<Creature> ::rears its head towards her, grabbing at her with its claws::
<Cyanna> ::gasps and tries to push herself away from him::
<Jaxion> Hey! ::tackles Cyanna away from the creature:: Keep your distance, Greeny.. Cyanna.. whatever!
<Xeno> ::stands up, looking to the creature:: my god, this isnt good ::goes through the systems that are damaged::
<Cyanna> But Doctor...Greeny? What are you talking about?
<Tripstar> ::tries to fly around the thing and land a double-kick on it from behind::
ACTION> THE CREATURE ADVANCES ON CYANNA AND JAXION BUT IS STRUCK BY TRIPSTAR, AND TURNS TOWARDS HIM.
<Xeno> ::tries to check if his plasma flares are operational, or if he can fix them::
<Tripstar> ::attempts to veer to the left, away from the creature::
ACTION> TRIPSTAR DOESN'T MOVE FAST ENOUGH, GETTING SWATTED BY THE CREATURE AND SKIDDING ACROSS THE ROOM.
<Jaxion> What? You're green. ::turns his head:: Shock! Tripstar! ::scrambles back to his feeT::
<Cyanna> ::runs a hand up to her face as the words hit her:: ((Green? Like...him)) ::simply stands there::
ACTION> XENO CAN'T SEEM TO GET HIS SUIT TO OPERATE AS IT SEEMS TO AUTOMATICALLY DISSOLVE BACK INTO HIS BODY.
<Tripstar> Ungh! ::skids across the room and comes up solid against the wall:: ((Shock, he's strong...))
ACTION> A WHOLE ROW OF EQUIPMENT NEXT TO TRIPSTAR IS SLAGGED BY INTENSE PLASMA THAT HE QUICKLY REALIZES IS ESCAPING FROM A SUIT BREACH ON THE SIDE OF HIS BODY.
<Tripstar> ::looks around at the sizzling equipment:: Shock! My suit's been breached! ::tries to find the hole and seal it somehow::
<Cyanna> ((But he's ripping through them..maybe I..)) ::looks up slowly, glaring at Dr Zinn:: This is all your fault, damn you!!
<Xeno> Damnit damnit damnit, bad time to fail
<Jaxion> ::blinks, seeing the flare from Tripstar:: We're cratered..
ACTION> TRIPSTAR CAN'T SEEM TO SEAL HIS SUIT AND THE BREACH IS GETTING BIGGER.
<Jaxion> Echo! Xeno! We have to get out of here, NOW! ::grabs Cyanna's arm:: Run!
<Tripstar> Everyone'd better take a few steps back... can't hold it in much longer...
<Xeno> ::nods and turns and starts to exit the complex::
<Creature> ::glares down at Tripstar, moving towards him with the intent of finishing him off::
<Cyanna> ::gives him a dirty, angered look, and then reluctantly does as he orders::
<Tripstar> ::smirks at the creature as he sees the others leave and stops holding back::
<Jaxion> ::runs after Echo and Xeno, pulling Cyanna along:: ((Shock! I shouldn't have brought Trip with the condition he's in!))
ACTION> MOMENTS LATER, TRIPSTAR'S SUIT FALLS APART AS WHITE HOT PLASMA EXPLODES OUTWARD, ENGULFING THE ENTIRE FACILITY AND SPREADING TO THE ISLAND'S SHORES.
*******EPILOGUE*******
SCENE> KATANA FEELS AS THOUGH SHE IS WAKING UP AGAIN, FINDING HERSELF STANDING IN DARK NOTHINGNESS.

<Katana> uhgmuh.. huh? ::slowly opens her eyes to nothing:: ...
ACTION> KATANA FEELS AS IF SHE IS BEING WATCHED, EVEN THOUGH NOTHING SEEMS TO BE AROUND.
<Katana> eh...? ::reaches out to feel for anything nearby:: hello?
<Katana> ::glances from side to side:: ((..where the hell am I?))
<Gally> ::appears in front of Katana in a suit of black chrome armor:: we have a problem kid
<Katana> ::blinks:: who..? what are you doing here...? where am I?
<Gally> if I read the instructions right... this is your nanite's network system... but that's totally pointless right now
<Katana> er... ::glances around again:: then what are you doing here?
<Gally> thanks to the unpredictable nature of virtual unreality... my personality... such that it is ::smirk:: is now housed in your nanite's network system
<Katana> you're the one thats been talking to me?
<Gally> good to see you thinking... but enough chit chat... as I said... we have a problem
<Katana> really? I hadn't noticed... ::rubs the bridge of her nose again:: what is this "problem"?
<Gally> your nanite's network is not meant to house a full scale AI... as I've become more and more in control of the nanites... to make a long story short... if I can't get out of here... one or both of us is going to die
*******SIM END*******