****SIM START*****
LOCATION> THE ABYSS, THE UNDERCITY OF SEATTLE 2099
TIME> WHATEVER YOUR WATCH SAYS WHEN YOU HIT THE GROUND
SCENE> GROUND ZERO, WHAT LOOKS TO BE AN OLD CITY INTERSECTION. THE ONE-TIME MAJOR CITY NOW REDUCED TO CORRODED RUINS. BUILDINGS BARELY STANDING, MANY NOT STANDING AT ALL. THE STREETS NEARLY UNIDENTIFIABLE, SO TORNED UP AND ERODED. VARIOUS LAKES OF SEWAGE DUMPED FROM THE SKYCITY ABOVE CAN BE FOUND HERE AND THERE.
ACTION> IN ORDER OF IMPACT. BOMBSHELL AND PRIEST CRASH DOWN, PRIEST CRUSHING A PILE OF RUBBLE AS HE LANDS AND BOMBSHELL MAKING A SMAILL CRATER IN THE INTERSECTION. STATIC MAKES A ROUGH LANDING ON THE ASPHALT, AFTER STRAINING HIMSELF WITH THE NUMEROUS VERTICAL TELEPORTS ON THE WAY DOWN.
CONTINUED> ACCESS, MYREA, AND POWERSLAM FALL INTO A LAKE OF SEWAGE. MAVERICK SKIDS ACROSS THE GROUND, BARELY ABLE TO FLY ANYMORE. FOLLOWING BY JAXION SLAMMING DOWN NEXT TO HIM, SLOWING HIMSELF DOWN WITH BLASTS. KALI AND TRIPSTAR FLOAT DOWN EASILY, CARRYING REDWOOD AND AN UNCONSCIOUS TACTILE, RESPECTIVELY.
<Kali> ::Puts down Redwood on the ground for a moment to look around, sterching her wings.:: A nice work out I should say... So where are we know?
<Bombshell> ::tries to climb out of the crater:: that was nice...
<Priest> ::blows the cloud of dust away from his face and blinks:: That was fun, we should do it again ::grins::
<Jaxion> ::groans, face against the ground:: Down.. i think..
<Powerslam> ::swims up to the surface, coughing up sewage::
<Static> ::Stretches:: Shock..that sorta hurt..::Looks around:: How is everyone holding up?
ACTION> NEITHER ACCESS OF MYREA RESURFACE FROM THE SEWAGE
<Kali> ::Glances over to the sewers with a frown.:: What's taking them so long?
<Powerslam> ::growls and swims over to the side, pulling himself out of the sewage::
<Bombshell> I think I'm okay... ::checks herself for any marks::
<Bombshell> How about the rest of you?
<Powerslam> I'm covered in sewage, how do you think I'm holding up?!
<Jaxion> ::stands up slowly:: Head count.. make sure you got one.. ::rotates his arm a little, wincing::
<Static> Little tired, but otherwise fine, myself. ::Glances around at the others, and frowning:: Where're Access and Myrea?
<Bombshell> I never had to take a fall like that... wasn't sure if I was going to make it or now
<Kali> There in a sewage...
<Priest> ::hops out of the pile of compacted rubble:: They could be drowning. . . ::gives kali a "why didn't you know that?" look before diving into the sewage lake after the fish who can swim and her technopathic boy toy::
ACTION> PRIEST FINDS THEM BOTH UNCONSCIOUS IS THE SEWAGE LAKE
<Static> ::Watches Priest dive in, and frowns:: Hopefully they're alright..
<Kali> ::Glares at Priest as he dives into the sewage.::
<Priest> ::grabs the two of them and swims to the surface::
<Bombshell> That.... was disgusting
<Jaxion> ::looks around, squinting:: We better get moving..
<Priest> You're telling me? ::sets the two of them down on the shore:: I think they may need CPR. . .
<Powerslam> ::looks around, muttering::
<Static> Ah..I'm afraid I don't know CPR..any takers? ::Glances around at the others::
<Bombshell> I know it...
<Bombshell> I just have to be careful not to blow up their lungs
<Jaxion> ::looks down at Myrea:: She's an atlantean.. sorta.. how do you give CPR to a fish?
<Kali> I'd peform it if I knew it, have at it Boy-Scout..
<Priest> Why don't you put saltwater fish in freshwater?
<Powerslam> The same way you... a fish? ::glances to Static:: You'd know how to do that, wouldn't you?
<Static> ::Ignores Powerslam:: Wait..get Myrea covered. She might be in shock, from her system hitting that sludge.
<Ned> Myrea will be fine. Weakened from the pollution, but will recover.
<Bombshell> What about Access?
<Powerslam> I need... a shower
ACTION> ACCESS COUGHS UP SOME SEWAGE, COMING TO
<Ned> He's fine
<Bombshell> ::kneels next to him:: You okay?
<Jaxion> ::whispers to Kali:: Why's her hand talking?
<Static> Man..That has to leave a really nasty taste. Welcome back to the land of the living, Access.
<Powerslam> ::takes off his shirt and walks up to Static, smacking him with it:: Don't want you to feel left out.
<Access> ::hacking coughs:: I hope dat I ::hack:: ever have t'do dat ::hack:: ever 'gain
<Jaxion> ::looks around warily again. picking Maverick up and over his shoulder:: We have to move, right away.
<Kali> ::Whispers back to Jaxion.:: I'm not exactly sure, I wasn't with the group the whole time.
<Bombshell> ::wrinkles her nose:: Is this some sort of macho male bonding thing?
<Static> ::Glares at Powerslam:: Don't you ever grow up? ::Shakes his head and walks ahead:: He's right..by the way..What were your names? ::Looks at the conscious members of the group that appearing during the battle::
<Priest> I've been meaning to ask you about your taste in accessories, Lily, it is alright if I call you Lily, right? ::smiles, forgetting for a moment that he's dripping with sewage::
<Kali> ::Picks up Redwood and starts heading with the group.::
<Jaxion> Jaxion. ::shrugs, moving Maverick a little:: And Maverick.
<Powerslam> ::glances around and tosses his shirt to the side::
<Jaxion> ::turns and starts walking in a random direction:: You guys better get moving unless you want to end up lunch.
<Bombshell> You can call me Lily sure..
<Bombshell> what are you talking about Priest?
<Priest> ::points at ned::
<Static> ::Ports a little ways ahead of Jaxion:: Maverick? Any relation to the Maverick of the Heroic age?
<Bombshell> oh him... to tell you the truth there's a lot I still don't know yet ::glances at her hand::
<Powerslam> ::smacks his forehead at Static:: You need to get out of the past
<Tripstar> ::starts to get up and looks up:: Wow, that was a long fall...
<Kali> Why would we be lunch down here anyway? It seems more pleasent than where I'm from. It even has water...
<Ned> Umm.. Lily.. how about I explain stuff on the way. As in.. let's takes Jaxion's advice
<Bombshell> okay... I guess that's all I can ask for right now
<Static> ::Glances back once, at Powerslam:: Bite me. ::Ports off ahead, to scout out the area::
<Powerslam> "Bite me"? How prehistoric.
<Access> ::shakes his head slightly:: ((Jus' like li'l children))
<Jaxion> ::quirks an eyebrow at Static:: You expect him to answer? ::glances back at Kali:: This place is filled with degens.. there's no food or anythign down here. People get hungry and desperate.
<Priest> I doubt Genesis is overly concerned with us now, he probably thinks we're all dead and/or dying, but we should head after Syke and his metallic friend before the trail goes cold.
<Bombshell> Ok guys... just take it easy
<Bombshell> We have to work as a team and that means no biting each other's heads off
<Kali> Monster... how could someone let people strave like this? Besides, I doubt they're be in more trouble if they attacked us.
<Jaxion> ::glances back at Bombshell and Priest:: And also move as a group, so hurry up before we're swarmed with degens.
<Bombshell> Which reminds me... what did happen between you and Genesis's daughter, Priest?
<Powerslam> ::glances to Priest:: Religious boy got some?
<Ned> I don't think tracking the metal man will be easy.
<Priest> ::starts to sweat unnoticible because of the sewage of course:: N-nothing of the sort happened. . .we just. . ."talked"
<Bombshell> ::blinks:: just...talked?
<Kali> ::Smirks.:: How unsual! The so called 'minsiter' just "talked" or more less lied about it! I hope not hear much from you about my herigate...
<Static> ::Continues porting ahead, eyes darting around him, at his surroundings, each time he reappears::
<Powerslam> Where'd leader boy go? ::glances around::
<Jaxion> Somewhere up ahead.. ::groans, shifting Maverick's weight:: This guy's heavy..
<Kali> Could you try to make nick names that dosen't use the word, 'boy' in it? It would sound so much more oringal..
<Static> ::Gasps, in pain, slightly, as he appears after his last port, dropping to one knee, gripping his stomach:: Ow, ow, ow! ::Winces, his face a mask of pain:: That's never happened before..must have over-exerted my powers..
<Ned> Oh yeah.. i guess I should be sorry for not warning you guys about Genesis earlier.
<Priest> ::smirks as he catches up to jaxion:: Want me to carry him for a while?
<Jaxion> Yes! ::tosses him to Priest::
<Access> ::snickers:: Y'tossin' him 'round like he's a rag doll.
<Powerslam> I apologize, he doesn't seem like a "Leader Man" I have yet to see the man in him... unless the teleportation into the middle of the ocean underwater's supposed to impress me.
<Priest> ::catches him and throws him over his shoulder like a dufflebag:: He survived the fall, he'll survive this
<Kali> Ned, do not be feel gulity, we all knew Genesis' order is bad. It's our fault for being his pawns for a while.
<Bombshell> She's right
<Ned> Well.. I knew a little more
<Static> ::Winces, holding his side, and getting to his feet:: Think I better walk, from here..::Moves forward, again::
ACTION> THE GROUP NEAR STATIC, WHO WASN'T ABLE TO PORT HIMSELF VERY FAR AHEAD
<Kali> We all have secerts to hide. Do not feel bad. ::Frowns slightly and sighs.::
<Bombshell> Something wrong Static?
<Priest> What're you saying. . .talking. . .gauntlet?
<Ned> Well.. for starters.. the energy the ore put out was identical to what Genesis exhibited...
<Bombshell> so maybe he created it or has some sorta relation to it?
<Kali> Identical...? How odd..
<Tripstar> ::looks puzzled:: What's this ore everyone's talking about?
<Bombshell> ::small smile:: define odd nowadays
<Static> ::Acts like nothing is wrong, as he turns around, releasing his old on his side:: No..just seemed to hit harder than I thought, or something,
<Ned> Maybe... where did you get the ore from?
<Bombshell> ::sighs:: all those innocent people that were killed because of it...
<Kali> Everyone has their own energy pattern unless if you have a twin...
<Access> ::looks out ahead of them, keeping an eye out for anything that's not "normal"::
<Static> ::Looks from Genesis to Kali:: Makes sense. If those two have enough juice to challenge Genesis, I'd see why he would want it destroyed, before they woke up..
<Ned> Oh.. and the blonde's your great grandfather, Lily.
<Bombshell> What??
<Powerslam> Blonde? ::confused look::
<Bombshell> What are you taling about Ned?
<Kali> ::Blinks.:: How...?
<Access> ::glances back at ned::
<Ned> Identical psi signature to your great grandfather, Chance.. though Chance died years ago.. and that guy acts quite differently. But its him.
<Jaxion> I'm not listening.. ::groans, walking ahead a little, rubbing his temples::
<Bombshell> no no no... oh this is crazy... ::stops walking:: He can't be... he's been dead for years
<Kali> ::Closes her eyes and shakes her head.:: An act of nature we cannot understand...
<Static> ::Quirks an eyebrow:: Interesting..he didn't appear to have aged..lesse..he'd have had to have been there, for almost 80 years..::Scratches his chin:: Wait a second..Chance? That name seems really familiar..::Frowns, glancing at Lily for a second and shaking his head::
<Kali> Perhaps it's not the 'same' man as you think of... ::Closes her eyes and stumbles slightly at Redwood's weight.::
<Priest> Syke is Chance and Chance is/was Lily's greatgrandfather? ::blinks various images running through his head:: That's not possible is it?
<Ned> Yeah, I'm quite sure he died, saw the body.
<Bombshell> I can help Kali ::walks towards her::
<Kali> ::Glances at Bombshell, slightly surpise but shakes her head.:: No, the pyschicall weight dosen't bother me, it's the mental one.
ACTION> MOVEMENT HAS BEEN NOTICED BY SOME ALL AROUND THEM, APPARENTLY FOLLOWING THEM FOR AWHILE NOW.
<Priest> ::goes crosseyed:: So who's the metallic man and how does. . .how does Genesis fit into all this?
<Static> Hmm..::frowning, as he walks, his teeth gritted:: ((Hurts..block out the pain..think..where have you heard the name Chance before..))
<Ned> I don't know. Where did you get the ore?
<Powerslam> Ever watched an old old show called Star Trek or any other Science Fiction show? They loved it in the mine... espescially because of how wrong it is
<Jaxion> ::looks around and keeps walking, pretending not to notice::
<Access> ::glances over his shoulder and continues walking, still paying attention to the movement::
<Kali> ::Glances up.:: Is it just me or...?
<Jaxion> <<from Bombshell, who got it from Primus, who took it from the atlantic ocean>>
<Jaxion> ::whispers:: Ignore them. Just ignore them and keep moving.
<Priest> It was found at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean, talking gauntlet, what is your name by the way?
<Powerslam> ::continues walking:: Not the sneakiest people, are they?
<Bombshell> ::whisper back:: Who are they...?
<Static> ::Frowns, as he keeps walking, not noticing the followers much, through his haze of pain::
<Jaxion> Degens... lots of them.
<Kali> ::Starts walking faster.:: How much farther...?
<Powerslam> Who?
<Static> ::Glances at Jaxion:: Terrific..just terrific..::Keeps moving:: ((Gets down to a fight, I'm not gonna be much good..))
<Ned> Ned. The atlantic ocean? ...you were all screened for nuclear radiation when you got to Seattle..
<Jaxion> Farther? I don't know where we're going. And degens.. y'know.. homeless and desperate... especially down here.
<Kali> ((I don't want to fight, enough inncoent people have died as is...))
<Priest> Right, Ned, get to the point, please
<Static> ::Glances over at Bombshell and Ned:: Yeah? What's that got to do with the ore and those guys?
<Bombshell> We're going to find out soon enough... ::looks around::
<Tripstar> ::keeps following the others::
<Ned> The ore had was irradiated.. and from the Atlantic ocean. The only nuclear blast that took place there was First Strike.
<Priest> First Strike? I think I remember. . .
ACTION> THE DEGENS ALL AROUND THEM BECOME MORE NOTICABLE, WHISPERING AND MUMBLINg TO EACH OTHER, STILL OUT OF SIGHT THOUGH
<Static> ::Stops walking, for a minute, before picking up the pace again:: What? First Strike? Wait..then that would mean..::Thinks:: The final battle between SHIELD and the X-Men..metal man..Shock..that was Hazard, we fought! Had to have been..
<Kali> Does it matter anymore? This isn't the place to talk...
<Bombshell> ::nods::
<Jaxion> ::starts walking faster, muttering:: Shock shock shock shock...
<Bombshell> ::whispers:: don't panic
<Static> ::Shakes his head:: heh..just saying..I mean, he was one of the X-Men! I wouldn't think he'd be siding with whoever the other guy is..what's their connection, anyways? ::Starts to walk a little faster, wincing, every once in a while::
<Priest> Maybe he's Lily's greatgrandfather too. . .
<Jaxion> Yeah right.. we're completely surrounded by cannibals..
<Tripstar> ::looks around:: Do you guys hear something?
<Kali> ::Starts running slightly.:: Yes.. ingore it!
<Static> ::Blinks at Jaxion:: Cannibals? I thought..they were just gonna..well..mug us or something..::Shudders, slightly, as he starts to walk faster::
<Powerslam> Anybody find it odd that we're still alive?
<Access> Jus' calm down, frere.
<Bombshell> we don't need to... talk about my supposed family for right now guys.. ::keeps moving::
<Priest> Cannibals are no threat to us ((unless of course they have knives and forks. . .))
<Jaxion> I told you they were desperate. Not exactly any stores around here for food you know.
<Kali> I don't want to hurt anyone else right now...
<Ned> ::quietly:: I wouldn't be so sure... there are quite of a few of them...
<Kali> Monster.... I swear if that bastard is thinking he shall get away I'll hunt him down to hell! How could anyone ingore these poor people!?
ACTION> THE DEGENS, STILL HIDDEN, START THROWING LARGE ROCKS AT THEM, AND LOTS OF THEM
<Powerslam> That's it ::charges up an energy ball and sends it behind them at the shadows::
<Tripstar> ::tries to doddge::
<Bombshell> ::steps in front of Static:: Don't worry I'll take the brunt of it
<Jaxion> ::throws his arms over his head:: Shock! Kali, this isn't exactly a rare thign nowadays, its like this all over the place.
<Priest> ::uses his body to sheild the already unconscious maverick::
<Static> Ack! ::Blinks, at the rocks, then nods as Bombshell steps in front:: Thanks, Lily.
<Powerslam> ::winces::
<Kali> ::Covers herself and Redwood with her wings, somehow.. like how Morrigan does in Darkstalkers.:: Then damn the bastards who did this... and I thought where I came from was bad...
ACTION> THE DEGENS START EMERGING FROM THE HIDING PLACES, ALL LOOKING VERY WEAK AND EXTREMELY PALE. STARIGN AT THE MORLOCKS WITH HUNGRY EYES, SO MANY OF THEM COMING OUT OF HIDING THERE SEEMS TO BE NO END TO HOW MANY THERE ARE
<Kali> ::Pauses for a second, glacing at the hungry faces and eyes.::
<Tripstar> ::sees all of them:: ...
<Jaxion> ::backs up:: Shock... there's too many...
<Access> Uhm... dis don' look like t' good a situation.. ::eyes start glowing::
<Static> ::Grimaces, igniting his energy blades:: We're going to have to stand and fight, them.
<Priest> No, it doesn't
<Powerslam> ::glances around:: We need a place where we can fend these guys off
<Access> ::charges up his staff::
<Kali> ((Poor things... I wish I could get food...)) ::Sternily glances at the degens with glittering eyes, reflexes kicking in.::
<Static> ((Think..what would Cap say..)) We can beat them..it isn't likely, but there's still a chance..and as long as there's just a little bit of hope, of us surviving..well..we have to take that chance, I guess..
ACTION> THE DEGENS START MOVING TOWARDS THEM SLOWLY AT FIRST, BUT THEN BREAK OUT INTO A CHARGE, TRAMPLING EACH OTHER BUT RUSHING TOWARDS THE MORLOCKS FROM ALL SIDES
<Tripstar> ::tries to fly above them, flashing to temporarily blind them:: Stop!
<Static> ::Holds his blades out, in a defensive pattern, slashing at any DeGen that tries to get too close, to him::
<Kali> If it must come down to this... let it be so. ::Unleashes a fireball towards the attackers, towards their feet.::
<Jaxion> ::eyes widen and starts blasting wildly:: We don't have a choice.. they're gonna overwhelm us..
<Powerslam> ::glances around and starts forming and sending blasts around him:: ((shock...))
<Priest> Umm. . . ::holds mav up above his head with one hand to keep him safe from stray teeth and swats at the degens like flies with the free one::
<Static> ::Grits his teeth, fighting the pain, of his injuries:: As long as you think that, Jaxion, they WILL win!
<Access> ::swings his staff around, trying to keep the DeGen's away from him::
ACTION> THE DEGENS(Not like the Ravers, just in case there's any confusion)TAKES HITS WITHOUT CARING, SOME DIES BUT MORE JUST KEEP COMING, SO DESPERATE THEY HARDLY EVEN FEEL ANYTHING
<Kali> ::Starts blasting at them with fireballs, ready to fly up at a moment's notice.::
<Powerslam> ::breaks into a run, forming and sending energy balls in front of him::
<Tripstar> ::flies into the degens with power full-on::
<Static> ::Continues swinging his blades at any who get too close, standing his ground::
<Kali> ::Blasts at them, grumbling about the extera weight on her back as she tries to escape their attacks.::
ACTION> DEGENS TACKLE TRIPSTAR, CRYING OTU IN AGONY FROM THE HEAT BUT NOT LETTING GO, AND MORE JUST KEEP PILING ON HIM, WEIGHING HIM DOWN. POWERSLAM IS UNABLE TO MAKE AN OPENING IN THE DEGENS AS THEY START PILING ON HIM, GRABBIGN ROCKS AND SMASHING THEM INTO HIM WILDY. THE REST CLOSE IN ON THE OTHERS, FORCING THEM BACK TO BACK
<Powerslam> ::winces then forms a full powered energy ball and sends it wildly at the nearest Degen::
<Tripstar> ::still tries to burn them:: ((get offa me!))
<Kali> ::Tries to start a fire on one of the Degen.::
<Priest> Getting backed into corners just isn't my thing ::runs head on into the degens still holding mav over his head trying to get to tripstar and slam::
<Jaxion> ::continues blasting:: They don't care! They won't stop com-ugn! ::falls as he's hit int he head with a rock::
<Static> ::Continues swinging his blades, to fend off the Degens:: ((Man, what I wouldn't give to be in top shape, with my porting abilities, right now..))
ACTION> THE BLAZING DEGEN SCREAMS, BUT KEEPS CHARGING AT KALI, FOLLOWED BY MANY MORE. OTHERS JUMP AT PRIEST'S LEGS, KNOCKING HIM OVER. AS SOON AS HE FALLS HE'S PILED ON BY MORE, GETTING BEAT BY ROCKS AND STICKS
<Access> ::continues trying to fight back the degens, futilily:: ((Dis looks like it gon' be d' end..)) ::backs up and runs over to help Jaxion::
<Kali> ::Keeps blasting away, trying to make sure Redwood isn't hit, smacking a few with her wings.::
<Priest> Oww, oww, quit it! ::starts swinging mav at the degen's for lack of a better offense::
<Kali> ::Glares at Priest.:: Some holy man you are! I thought you regared all life as sarced! Or at the least your 'god' did... ::Growls and blasts fire at the on coming attackers.::
<Static> ::Continues his slashing at incoming Degens, his blades seemingly a blur:: ((How many of them ARE there..? They just don't run out, do they..))
ACTION> THE REST ARE OVERWHELMED BY THE SHEER NUMBER OF DEGENS COMING AT THEM. MORE AND MORE JUST KEEP COMING, FOR EVERY THAT FALLS AT LEAST 3 MORE ARE IN THEIR PLACE. LEAVING THE VASTLY OUTNUMBERED MORLOCKS AT THEIR NONEXISTANT MERCY
*********INTERLUDE*******
SCENE> GENESIS' OFFICE IN THE PARADOX MAIN HEADQUARTERS. GENESIS SITS IN HIS THRONE-LIKE SEAT, STARING AT THE DOOR. AS IT SLIDES OPEN, A MAN WALKS IN SLOWLY, HIS EYES CONCEALED BY A VISOR WITH RECTANGLUR OPENINGS FOR HIS EYES.
<Man> They escaped, I assume?
<Genesis> Yes, due to an... unexpected occurance. Good thing I had you as my backup plan. ::fists clenched, obviously angry::
<JMan> Don't worry. I've assembled the others. They won't escape us. ::light gleams from his visor for a moment::
<Genesis> Very good. I know where they are heading. Take your Marauders and hunt them down. ::eyes flares:: Why else would I name them Morlocks if they were not to be slaughtered. Find them and kill them, Cyclops.
******SIM END*****