******PRELUDE******
SCENE> IN A HOVERCRAFT, WITH THE MARKINGS OF THE PRIMUS MEGACORP, ABOVE THE ATLANTIC OCEAN, A VERY SPECIAL CARGO RECENTLY RECOVERED IS BEING LOADED ONTO A TRANSPORT CRAFT BY A TEAM OF HEAVILY ARMED GUARDS.
<Guard1> Are you sure this thing is safe for transport?
<Guard2> It's not like its tritonium. It has already been irradiated so nothign should happen.
ACTION> FOLLOWING THE TWO GUARDS IN FRONT IS A LARGE CHUNK OF METAL, CHARRED AND LOOKING TO BE NOTHIGN MORE THAN SLAG, SURROUNDED BY A STASIS FIELD AND CARRIED BY A HOVER DEVICE.
<Guard1> And what if the resistance tries to take it? I doubt we could hold them off.
<Guard2> That's where this Tactile guy comes in. Haven't met him but he's some mutant.
<Guard1> Ooohhhh big shockin' deal. Most of the resistance are mutants too. ::boards the transport ship::
<Guard2> Yeah but it's his head if somethign goes wrong. All we have to do is try and guard the slag and keep the fish freak from escaping.
ACTION> BEING CARRIED BEHIND THE SLAG IS A STRANGE LOOKIGN ATLANTEAN, BOUND AND UNCONSCIOUS. THE GUARDS AND THE CARGO BOARD THE TRANSPORT, WHICH TAKES OFF FOR ITS DESTINATION.
*********SIM START*******
SCENE> ABOARD A JET OF PARADOX'S ARE THE MORLOCKS, HAVING JUST RECENTLY DEPARTED FROM HEADQUARTERS AND ARE BEING ESCORTED TO THERE DESTINATION.
<Static> ::Sits in a seat, his arms crossed and staring silently out a window::
<Convex> ::stares absently out the window keeping absolutely silent::
<Predator> ::crouches in a seat and watches everyone else through narrowed eyes::
<Shade> ::sits on the ground crosslegged, her eyes apparently closed and deep in thought::
<Powerslam> ::appears to be sleeping::
<Priest> ::flips the pages of a small obviously old book slowly and as carefully as his possibly can with a pair of tweezers and adjusts his glasses with the other hand::
<Shade> ::flashes one eye over at Predator, then closes it again::
<Kali> ::Stands akwardly in the back, shifting her wings slightly and keeping her head bowed.::
<Predator> ::bares her teeth slightly, apparently amused by something::
<Static> ::Unconsciously extends and quickly retracts an energy blade, somewhat lost, in his thoughts::
<Shade> ::opens her eyes again, glancing around and moves to the back of the jet, leaning against the wall::
<Powerslam> ::opens his eyes for a second and takes a few glances around the jet then closes his eyes again, leaning against the wall::
<Priest> Hmm.. ::completely engrossed in his book paying little if any attention to people around him::
ACTION> GENESIS APPEARS IN THE FRONT OF THE COMPARRTMENT, FACING THEM ALL
<Access> ::looks out the window, then at Shade as she passes, then back out thw window::
<Powerslam> ::cracks an eye open and looks at Genesis::
<Shade> ::doesnt look at Genesis, but realizes he is in fact there the moment he entered that part of the jet::
<Convex> ((I wonder what that man has in store for us, he promised great adventure...and alot of other things too))
<Access> ::glances up at Genesis::
<Predator> ::eyes Genesis:: 'bout time you showed up
<Genesis> ::smirks slightly at Predator:: It's not like you have some other place to be.
<Powerslam> ::opens both eyes and acts like he's just waking up and stretches::
<Static> ::Doesn't pay attention, still staring out the window, resting his chin on his hand::
<Convex> ((and like an idiot you believed him...fine mess you seemed to have gotten me tangled into))
<Kali> ((He better help me... I have so much to do and yet...)) ::Glances up.:: ((I really don't like him but what other option do I have?))
<Predator> Got lots o' places I could be. Gimme a reason I'm sitting in this one.
<Shade> ::glances at Predator for a moment and forms a small dagger in her hand, making it disperse a moment later::
<Priest> ::chuckles at a funny passge in the text only slightly aware of genesis' arrival::
<Genesis> This or strung up like a puppet in Tokyo. Now ::looks at all the others:: perhaps I should tell you of the mission you are already on your way on.
<Predator> ::growls slightly and mutters:: Least i coulda finished the job.. ::sideways glance at Shade::
<Static> ::Glances slowly over towards Genesis:: Hmm?
<Powerslam> Why? ::glances to Genesis:: It shouldn't really matter if you tell us or not... either we succedd or not... ::shrugs:: with or without you telling us what our job is.
<Kali> It is to me. ::In a soft voice.::
<Access> Jus' tell us what were gon' do.
<Genesis> The Primus megacorp has recently acquired a... rare ore from the ocean floor. This ore seems to have energy generating capabilities almost like that of tritonium, however, it is not nearly as volatile.
<Predator> ::yawns::
<Static> Interesting. ::Scratches his chin::
<Powerslam> ::groans:: Great... more shocking ore
<Genesis> The Primus corp, for those of you that are unaware is a corporation wagin g was against the population of Great Britain, or what is left of it. The resistance group known as London Below has kept their attempts at complete occupation at bay, but with the power this new acquisition could give Primus will quite simply.. wipe them out.
<Shade> ::takes the time while Genesis is briefing them to study his form and movements::
<Predator> Annihilation. Such fun. ::smirks::
<Static> ::Nods slightly:: So it's our job to stop them from being able to use the ore. Sounds like cake.
<Genesis> You are currently in pursuit of the transport which holds the ore, you are to get that ore by whatever meants necessary and bring it back so it may be destroyed.
<Kali> ::Wings shudder a bit.:: ((Have I ecaped from Hell to something even worst?)) ::Hugs herself, refusing to look up.::
<Powerslam> No, he wants us to go and get the ore so he can use it... all corps are the same. Present company included.
<Access> ::smirks slightly::
<Static> ::Frowns, slightly:: Why wouldn't we use the ore to help the resistance instead of destroying it?
<Predator> ((so Britain's just about totalled... who would have thought?..)) ::perks up slightly:: Whatever means necessary? ::examines her claws::
<Genesis> Believe me, I have no other plans for this ore other than its destruction. It cannot be trusted in anyone's hands.
<Shade> ::watches the others silently, as usual and then forms a katana in her hand, spinning it around silently for a moment::
<Convex> ::listens to Genesis but continues to stare out the window:: ((sounds simple enough...))
<Powerslam> ::eyes Genesis:: And I... we're supposed to believe you about that?
<Static> ::Frowns:: ((Don't entirely buy it..if it could help against one of the corps..why not use it..))
<Kali> ::Hugs herself tighter, warping her wings slightly around herself.:: ((I shouldn't of listened. He said he help me! Nothing about killing people just because... I have enough of that.))
<Genesis> I have no need of your trust. The simple matter is that it is dangerous and must be destroyed. And I have the capabilities to do such a thing.
<Powerslam> Well... ::cooly:: I think we can do you a favor and destroy it for you, then... since you don't want it.
<Shade> ::glances at the others and impatiently taps the hilt of her katana against the floor::
<Genesis> You hardly have the powers to do so, but attempt it if you like. ::smiles slightly::
<Predator> ::stands up, brushing off her ragged jeans:: Who cares? Let me outta here, get some action 'stead of sitting around discussing it all like lumps.
<Genesis> ::looks at Predator, amused:: And what? You'll swim after the transport instead of flying?
<Priest> ::turns the page of the text and continues reading, only paying a modicum of attention to genesis::
<Predator> At this rate I'd get there faster ::scowls::
<Powerslam> ::glances to Preds for a second then back to Genesis, eyes narrowing:: ((Using children to do his dirty work...))
<Shade> ::glances at Genesis, casting impatience on him with her empathy::
<Genesis> Retrieve the ore so that I may destroy it. And watch out, Primus may have it guarded with Ravers.
ACTION> GENESIS FADES AWAY, HAVING BEEN ONLY A HOLOGRAM
<Shade> ::looks at the fading form and then absorbs the katana into herself::
<Predator> ((Ravers?)) ::masks a confused glance at the others::
<Static> Ravers..Great..Sounds like fun. ::Extends a 3 foot long energy blade::
<Powerslam> ::looks around then closes his eyes and goes back to pretending to sleep::
<Convex> ((Ravers? I don't understand, Will.))
<Kali> Killing people is fun? ::Fear is taken away by disgust.:: What's wrong with you?
<Shade> ::returns to sitting crosslegged and concentrating::
<Convex> ((You will soon enough, just watch yourself so you don't get both of us killed))
<Static> ::Glances at Kali raising an eyebrow:: Who said anything about killing? My blades usually only disable, unless I actually try to use them to kill..
<Access> ::shakes his head::
<Predator> ::glances at Kali and snickers:: Ooh, you missin' all the fun stuff, aren't you?
ACTION> THE PILOT'S VOICE IS SOUNDED THROUGHOUT THE COMPARTMENT
<Kali> Weapons are made for killing. ::Tightes her fists to her side.:: I don't find it fun.
<Static> In the words of the great Captain America, "There's always an alternative to killing your foe."
<Pilot> Transport craft sighted. ETA 30 minutes to intercept.
*******MEANWHILE*****
ACTION> ABOARD THE PRIMUS TRANSPORT SITS NUMEROUS ARMED GUARDS AND TACTILE. MYREA, THE ATLANTEAN, IS JUST STARTING TO WAKE AND THE ORE IS NO LONGER CONTAINED BY THE STASIS FIELD
<Myrea> ::blinks as she slowly opens her eyes:: ((where..am i?))
<Tactile> ::look around at everyone and then settles his eyes on Myrea::((I feel bad.....I didn't know they would be treating someone so bad. They tell me she was the one that started it, that's she's wrong....I don't know....))
ACTION> SOME OF THE GUARDS WATCH MYREA CAREFULLY AS SHE WAKES, NONE SPEAKING
<Myrea> ::looks down at her restraints and glares:: ((Have to get out of here...Shouldn't have com..what am i saying))
<Myrea> ::glares to the gaurds...loudly:: what are you staring at?
<Guard1> You're not exactly like any fish we've ever seen.
<Myrea> I'm special ::mock sarcastic voice..rolls her eyes:: why are you restraining me?
ACTION> THE ORE PULSATES WITH ENERGY FOR A MOMENT, CEASING AFTER A MOMENT
<Tactile> ::turns his head away from Myrea and looks at the ore but speaks to Myrea::{{Are you alright?}}
<Guard4> Common protocol for capturing a terrorist.
<Myrea> ::blinks:: ((If you call being held back against my will allrig..)) ::stops:: ..terrorist...what are you talking about?
<Guard2> Okay.. maybe I was wrong. ::staring at the ore:: That thign does look.. dangerous.
<Tactile> ::keeps staring at the ore::{{They...they told me you attacked them. If you wouldn't be hostile maybe they would let you go.}}
<Myrea> ((Hostile..i'm being pretty damn pleasant..you surface ppl captured me for no reason..what do you expect!?))
<Tactile> ::blinks::{{So....sorry. I will try to help you.}}::looks at the guards::What are you going to do with her?
<Guard2> ::glances at Tactile:: We just take her back to headquarters, then they decide what to do with her.
<Tactile> ::looks at the guard questioningly::{{And do you know what they will do with her?}}
<Myrea> ((not some piece of meat..i didn't even do anything)) ::glares::
<Guard2> Nope, hard to say. This is a rather.. strange project. ::motions to the ore::
ACTION> THE TRANSPORT SHAKES VIOLENTLY,MIXED WITH THE SOUND OF A LOUD EXPLOSION
<Tactile> {{What's so special aabout this....}}::shakes but quickly gets up, covered in metal from an earlier time::
<Myrea> ::winces but stays in place thanks to the restraints:: what was that!?
<Pilot> We're under attack! It's the resistance! Oh shock we're going down!
<Tactile> ::to everyone::{{That is what I would like to know.}}
<Myrea> What!? ::struggles to get out of the restraints:: Someone get me the hell out of this
<Tactile> ::goes over to Myrea and holds her so she doesn't get hurt when the plane goes down::{{Don't worry. I have you}}
ACTION> THE TRANSPORTS CRASHES INTO THE GROUND, SKIDDING OVER THE SURFACE VIOLENTLY AND COMING TO AN ABRUPT STOP
<Myrea> get your grimy paws off me! ::struggles some more::
<Genesis> Pilot> Communicatiosn are down! I can't call for help!
<Genesis> Guard1> Open the hatch! You! ::points at Tactile:: This is what you're here for! Help deal with the resistance! We need to keep the ore away from them!
<Tactile> ::lets go and backs up::{{Um o..k. I was just trying to help you.}} ::to the pilot::{{I'll go check it out.}}::exits the plane::
<Myrea> you EVER touch me again and you won't have a head ::calls after him as he leaves::
<Tactile> ::after opening the hatch::
ACTION> OUTSIDE, TACTILE SEES A LARGE GROUP OF THE RESISTANCE, LED BY BOMBSHELL COMING AT THE TRANSPORT
<Bombshell> Pike... we have to find the ore and try to keep any casualties down to a minimum!
<Tactile> ((Um...yikes.))::blinks::{{Sta...Stay back or I will have to use force.}}::touchs the plane again to refresh his covering::
<Bombshell> ::glares at Tactile:: Let me guess... corperate raider or just plain ol' merc? Stay away from us or else
<Bombshell> ::tries to leap on top of the ship::
ACTION> THE GUARDS RUSH OUT OF THE JET, OPENING FIRE ON THE RESISTANCE
<Tactile> ::chases after Bombshell::{{I have to protect the plane at all costs. And I don't want to hit a girl1}}::tries to grab Bombshell's leg::
<Bombshell> Look out everybody! ::slams her hands down on the jet to try to cause a minor shockwave on the jet::
ACTION> BOMBSHELL IS PULLED OFF BALANCE BY TACTILE
<Myrea> ::blinks:: ((these restraints serve once purpose))
<Bombshell> Hey! ::tries to kick him off:: knock that off!
<Pike> ::forms a shield, blocking the blasts and making it past the guards:: Lily, you need help up there?!
<Bombshell> no thanks Pike...
<Myrea> ((Wish i could help her kill that little jerk)) ::watches::
<Bombshell> I can handle this ::grins and tries to use her the leg he's holding to kick through the craft::
<Pike> Gotcha! ::rushes into the jet, easily taking care of the pilot::
<Bombshell> It'd be a LOT safer of you to just let go
<Bombshell> I usually pull back on my punches but London Below needs that ore to stop Primus or innocent people will keep being murdered
<Pike> ::notices Myrea:: Who the shock are you?
<Bombshell> Pike... do you have to swear? ::grimaces::
<Bombshell> You know I hate it
<Myrea> I'm...what the hell does it matter...get me out of this!...please
<Pike> ::groans, forming a knife and cutting Myrea loose of her restraints:: Talk later, help now.
<Bombshell> ::notices Myrea:: You look Atlantean
<Myrea> ::nods:: Thanks ::pushes her braclets back down and forms a energy trident:: That's because i am ((where to start..))
<Bombshell> Once we get the ore we can get you back to the sea if you want ::looks around::
ACTION> TACTILE WAS WHIPPED AROUND LIKE A RAG DOLL AND FALLS OF TO THE SIDE OF THE TRANSPORT
<Bombshell> ::blinks:: thought they'd have better security
<Bombshell> hold on.. ::tries to tear open the wall for an extra exit:: Just in case..
<Pike> Don't argue, Lily. The others are taking care of what guards they have pretty easily. ::activates the hover system on the ore and strts to pull it out of the transport:: Thanks
<Bombshell> Find it yet, Pike?
<Bombshell> Good... ::picks up a couple guards:: I'm moving them out just in case something blows up..
ACTION> THE FIGHTING STILL GOES ON OUTSIDE, THE GUARDS OUTNUMBERED AND LOSING THOUGH. SOME RUSH IN TO STOP THEM FROM TAKING THE ORE
<Bombshell> ::rushes out of the hole::
<Pike> Ack! Hey, fish girl. Help?
<Myrea> On it ::runs at a few of the gards and tries to swipe them with the trident::
<Bombshell> wow... she's good.. maybe she'll join? ::to Pike while kicking another guard::
ACTION> THE GUARDS A FLUNG BACK, THE REST FALL TO THE OTHERS OF LONDON BELOW
<Tactile> ::runs inside the plane and looks at the ore::((Might as well...))::touches the ore::
<Bombshell> ::smiles:: Good job guys
<Pike> ::looks back at Tactile:: Hey! Get him o-
<Bombshell> We're moving out now
<Myrea> Thanks..and about the sea thing...you give me back and i might be forced to kill you...no offence..just don't really care to go back
ACTION> THE ORE SENDS A MASSIVE BACKLASH OF ENERGY AT TACTILE, PAINFULLY SHOCKING HIM AND RENDERIGN HIM UNCONSCIOUS
<Bombshell> ::blinks:: I uhh... what?
<Pike> ::looks down at the fallen Tactile:: Nevermind.
<Myrea> Well..got what he deserved
<Bombshell> that.. is interesting
<Tactile> ::makes a psi grunt as he falls unconcscoius::
<Bombshell> ::picks up a piece of metal and tries to close it around the ore::
<Pike> Let's take him. He might know something about this thing.
<Myrea> What exactly is that for? ::watches them mess with the ore::
<Myrea> Him...i'd rather fry him up on one of my spears
<Pike> ::shrugs and starts to move off with it::
<Bombshell> We're not exactly sure... but if Primus wants it... we're going to take it first.
<Bombshell> ::looks at Myrea:: and we don't kill if we can't help it.
ACTION> ANOTHER MEMBER OF THE RESISTANCE RUNS UP TO THEM, HOLDING SOME SORT OF DEVICE
<Bombshell> What's that?
<Myrea> ::nods:: I can handle that
<Myrea> ((Just..can seriously hurt him)) ::grins slightly::
<Clash> The scanner shows another craft approaching! Fast! ::points off in the direction its comign from::
<Bombshell> We're moving out now then. That's fast... even for Primus
<Bombshell> Pike, it's your decision if you want to bring the Merc..
<Bombshell> ::moves out::
<Pike> ::glances off in the direction and moves faster:: Bring him. Maybe we can use the others coming to. ::Grins:: I have an idea
<Myrea> ((Guess..i should move with them...she's not as bad as some..)) ::follows::
*******MEANWHILE ONCE AGAIN******
SCENE> THE MORLOCKS' JET APPROACHES THE TRANSPORT, THE JET BEGINS TO MAKE ITS DESCENT ON THE SIGHT
<Powerslam> ::"awakens" and stretches again, yawning this time::
<Shade> ::glances outside and gathers shadows around her::
<Predator> ::drums her fingers impatiently::
ACTION> THE JET LANDS AND THE HATCH OPENS TO LET THEM OUTSIDE
<Pilot> Looks like someone beat us to it.. the resistance i suppose.
<Powerslam> ::stands:: Ladies first... ::motions to the door::
<Predator> ::leaps out, landing lightly on the ground and looking around::
<Shade> ::shadowports outside and reappears, summoning up two katanas and holding them in an offensive stance::
<Access> 'S Showtime
<Priest> ::removes his glasses and puts them in his breat pocket and looks around speaking so softly it's barely audible:: We're here so soon? ::likewise slides the book he'd been reading into his pocket::
<Kali> ::Walks to the hatch, warping her wings around herself, scouting around.::
<Convex> ::places a sleek hand held game console he was fiddling with into his pocket and stands up::
<Powerslam> ::walks out of the jet, cautiously glancing around::
ACTION> THE ENTIRE AREA SEEMS TO BE DESERTED, SIGNS OF A BATTLE EVERYWHERE BUT NO BODIES
<Shade> ::looks around for the other jet::
<Static> ::Extends both his energy blades, fidgeting slightly as he ports outside:: The Calvary has arrived! Time to take this sucker home, to toa-::Trails off, seeing the signs of the battle:: oh man..don't tell me we got here too late..
<Access> ::stands and exits the jet::
<Predator> ::sniffs the air warily::
<Powerslam> Looks like somebody else's done our job for us... not a corp hit, tho... too sloppy.
<Priest> ::stands slowly and makes his way outside behind the others::
<Convex> ::follows the others outside trying to remain as quiet as possible::
<Pike> Sloppy?! I take offense to that!
<Bombshell> Nice way to stay quiet Pike. ::Sarcastically::
<Shade> ::raises both katanas at Pike::
<Bombshell> I'd put those away if I were you
<Powerslam> ::glances over to Pike:: Ahh, and here we have the attackers...
<Kali> ::Turns to Pike.:: Who are you?
<Myrea> ::gives pike a look::
<Pike> I said I have a plan. Night night guys.
<Bombshell> ((That is a lot of corperate raiders))
<Predator> Alright, so which o' you do we get to waste?
<Bombshell> Pike... get everybody back to the hideout... I'll handle them
<Myrea> None
ACTION> THE LAST THING THEY SEE IS PIKE PRESSES A BUTTON ON A SMALL REMOTE DEVICE AND NEURAL MINES GO OFF ALL AROUDN THEM, FORCING THEM INTO UNCONSCIOUSNESS QUITE PAINFULLY
<Static> ::Ports in front of the others, brandishing his blades:: No killing, Predator!
<Static> Gah! ::Drops, unconscious::
<Powerslam> ::falls to the ground::
<Pike> ::looks at Bombshell sheepishly and shurgs:: Oops?
<Myrea> That was...quite effective
<Shade> ::falls onto the ground, shadows falling around her body, barelly covering it::
<Predator> ::lets off a string of rather antiquated cursing before she collapses::
<Access> You s--- ::falls to the ground::
<Bombshell> Where did you get those? I thought those were only through major corperations?
<Bombshell> and you never told me?
<Pike> It was a surprise! :points at all the fallen morlocks:: Surprise! ::grins::
<Priest> ::falls to the ground creating a small shockwave and shattering his glasses beneath him::
<Myrea> ((Don't think i'll ever get a handle on the surface world)) ::sighs and looks around::
<Bombshell> ::blinks:: Err.. just move everybody back to the headquarters... I'm going to check up on them.. ::looks at Myrea:: I never caught your name
<Myrea> Myrea...just to be formal..yours?
<Bombshell> Lily, Lily Chance but I'm codenamed Bombshell..
<Pike> ::tosses the detonator away:: I say we take them too. ::points at their jet:: Look, Paradox markings. Looks like we have another player. ::looks at Bombshell::
<Bombshell> ::walks towards the fallen others:: There's something about them that's... different
<Bombshell> Right... I'll catch up with everybody in a bit Pike. I just need to make sure first.
<Bombshell> ::smiles:: so I'm trusting you to be in charge for a half hour... dont' wreck anything too bad
<Myrea> ::nods:: you could say that..You say they're from a cooperation..but they don't look too perfesional
<Bombshell> ::nods at Myrea::
<Pike> We'll hold up in the nearby hideout, can't risk travelling to far with this ore. Might be able to track it. I'll send some people back to help you carry all these guys, alright?
<Myrea> ((So much for a first day)) ::pushes her hair back::
<Bombshell> We could use you in London Below Myrea... and it would seem Primus isn't a big fan of you either so..
<Bombshell> all right Pike, be careful
<Pike> ::grunts, thefting Tactile onto the hovercrate with the ore and heading off::
<Myrea> ::shrugs and sighs lightly:: I've aware i was on the surface world for..what about 10-15 minutes...right now i'm just tryin to soak it all in..if you don't mind
<Bombshell> ::nods:: of course...
<Bombshell> ::kneels down next to Convex:: no real corperate symbols on them
<Bombshell> ::blinks:: odd... maybe they're the X-Men?
<Myrea> ::blinks..seemin to think:: Read about them some where...but..aren't they dead or something?
ACTION> AS PIKE LEAVS, HE PULLS OUT SMALL COMMUNICATOR AND TALKS INTO IT QUIETLY
<Bombshell> I'm not sure... heard stories though
<Pike> Got the ore and.. something else you might be interested in. ::grins and stuff it back into his pocket::
<Bombshell> ::pulls out some smelling salts and tries to use it on Convex::
*******SIM END******